Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t just the word of Loeb that saw it; it was the word of the other guy that was arrested with Loeb. Not only did Loeb and the other guy see it the detectives saw it, too. That is why Burke went to the house to arrest Loeb so he could get to it before too many people saw it.
One poster said on another thread: HAWK said Loeb said he called Burke a pedophile, and not a pervert. I DIDN’T SAY IT, LOEB SAID IT AND HE SAID IT LIVE, ON VIDEOTAPE, and in living color!
When Loeb was asked at the hearing if he could describe what he meant by ‘nasty *advertiser censored*’, he said he couldn’t do it. When asked WHY he couldn’t describe it he said, “The US attorney told me not to.”
What continues to mystifies me to this day is why PEDOPHILE has been replaced with PERVERT in the various news accounts when it is VERY CLEAR what Loeb said.
Burke was there. He took the evidence home with him. It is clearly a violation of police procedure. They kept Loeb in the precinct for TWO DAYS without bringing him to court – again, clearly a violation of procedure. Why did they do that? They did it to get their stories straight before Loeb was at their immediate control. Then they put $500,000.00 bail on him when most people would have considered $10,000 would be excessive. They needed to keep as much control and terrify him into silence as they possibly could. And for two months they did just that until a courageous Newsday reporter wrote the story in her column. And that was the beginning of the end for James Burke and his band of scoundrels.
IF I WERE BURKE what would I have done? Loeb burglarized up to 10 cars that night and he could have taken the *advertiser censored* from any other car and put it in the duffle bag and carry the entire haul as one package. If I was Burke I would have said something like: How the hell did that happen and let it go at that. Would the rumors with the cops spread throughout the department; who would have the guts to put the truth out there when Burke was their boss? The rumors would have eventually died and the remnants of those rumors would have dissipated like a fart in the wind. But Burke couldn’t risk that because he knew there were many other rumors out there that would be revived once this story began circulating throughout the PD.
So what does Spota do? He passes it all off to a special prosecutor. The SP doesn’t investigate anything other than the theft of the bag, not the contents of the bag. Loeb convicts himself at the hearing by admitting he stole the bag. What was the need for a SP?

It wasn’t just the word of Loeb that saw it; it was the word of the other guy that was arrested with Loeb. Not only did Loeb and the other guy see it the detectives saw it, too. That is why Burke went to the house to arrest Loeb so he could get to it before too many people saw it.
One poster said on another thread: HAWK said Loeb said he called Burke a pedophile, and not a pervert. I DIDN’T SAY IT, LOEB SAID IT AND HE SAID IT LIVE, ON VIDEOTAPE, and in living color!
When Loeb was asked at the hearing if he could describe what he meant by ‘nasty *advertiser censored*’, he said he couldn’t do it. When asked WHY he couldn’t describe it he said, “The US attorney told me not to.”
What continues to mystifies me to this day is why PEDOPHILE has been replaced with PERVERT in the various news accounts when it is VERY CLEAR what Loeb said.
Burke was there. He took the evidence home with him. It is clearly a violation of police procedure. They kept Loeb in the precinct for TWO DAYS without bringing him to court – again, clearly a violation of procedure. Why did they do that? They did it to get their stories straight before Loeb was at their immediate control. Then they put $500,000.00 bail on him when most people would have considered $10,000 would be excessive. They needed to keep as much control and terrify him into silence as they possibly could. And for two months they did just that until a courageous Newsday reporter wrote the story in her column. And that was the beginning of the end for James Burke and his band of scoundrels.
IF I WERE BURKE what would I have done? Loeb burglarized up to 10 cars that night and he could have taken the *advertiser censored* from any other car and put it in the duffle bag and carry the entire haul as one package. If I was Burke I would have said something like: How the hell did that happen and let it go at that. Would the rumors with the cops spread throughout the department; who would have the guts to put the truth out there when Burke was their boss? The rumors would have eventually died and the remnants of those rumors would have dissipated like a fart in the wind. But Burke couldn’t risk that because he knew there were many other rumors out there that would be revived once this story began circulating throughout the PD.
So what does Spota do? He passes it all off to a special prosecutor. The SP doesn’t investigate anything other than the theft of the bag, not the contents of the bag. Loeb convicts himself at the hearing by admitting he stole the bag. What was the need for a SP?
As always, hawkshaw, your posts are priceless. I believe that Chris Loeb was inspired by a higher power when he stole that bag out of burke's Suv. Burke is full of false bravado.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I hope Chris Loeb gets the treatment he needs to treat his addiction and takes his family far far away from Long Island with all that money he is going to win in his lawsuit. Burke was supposed to help keep drugs OFF the streets! Maybe if he did the job he was sworn in to do there would be less people addicted and turning to criminality to support their Drug habit.

I hope Chris Loeb gets the treatment he needs to treat his addiction and takes his family far far away from Long Island with all that money he is going to win in his lawsuit. Burke was supposed to help keep drugs OFF the streets! Maybe if he did the job he was sworn in to do there would be less people addicted and turning to criminality to support their Drug habit.
Samantha spade. I was thinking the exact same thing during my workout this am.

I have read that often times drug addiction is a way for addicts to self medicate bi polar, depression, and ocd. Sending prayers to chris.

FYI – you folks following the Burke Chronicles should know this: After the reporter who wrote the article 2 months after Loeb was arrested for stealing the duffle bag out of Burke’s Department SUV, Newsday received 2 ANONYMOUS letters ( would you expect anything else from these cretins?) attempting to defame and discredit her. One letter was intended to morally discredit her with a false allegation and the other was regarding an internal matter. IMO, the latter could have only come from a mole within Newsday because such information was only in the hands of Newsday – assuming it was true. Both allegations were without merit.
There came a time when the reporter went to investigate a long time allegation that Burke was caught in an NYPD prostitution sting in Brooklyn (2002-03). That he was let go after DA Spota and Brooklyn DA Hynes came to an arrangement to let Burke avoid arrest.
The reporter received information that an active SCPD lieutenant was present when the call was made and knew about it. She went to the LT’s home to interview him. Of course, he knew nothing. Two weeks later Newsday received a letter from the SCPD Superior Officer’s Council to ‘cease and desist’ contacting any member of the SCPD concerning Chief Burke. Newsday, instead of putting the letter on the front page of the paper just dropped it like the hot potato it was. All they had to do was print the letter and not even comment because the letter spoke for itself.
All this reporter was doing was running down a lead, a lead that probably came from an SCPD police officer.

FYI – you folks following the Burke Chronicles should know this: After the reporter who wrote the article 2 months after Loeb was arrested for stealing the duffle bag out of Burke’s Department SUV, Newsday received 2 ANONYMOUS letters ( would you expect anything else from these cretins?) attempting to defame and discredit her. One letter was intended to morally discredit her with a false allegation and the other was regarding an internal matter. IMO, the latter could have only come from a mole within Newsday because such information was only in the hands of Newsday – assuming it was true. Both allegations were without merit.
There came a time when the reporter went to investigate a long time allegation that Burke was caught in an NYPD prostitution sting in Brooklyn (2002-03). That he was let go after DA Spota and Brooklyn DA Hynes came to an arrangement to let Burke avoid arrest.
The reporter received information that an active SCPD lieutenant was present when the call was made and knew about it. She went to the LT’s home to interview him. Of course, he knew nothing. Two weeks later Newsday received a letter from the SCPD Superior Officer’s Council to ‘cease and desist’ contacting any member of the SCPD concerning Chief Burke. Newsday, instead of putting the letter on the front page of the paper just dropped it like the hot potato it was. All they had to do was print the letter and not even comment because the letter spoke for itself.
All this reporter was doing was running down a lead, a lead that probably came from an SCPD police officer.
I have always felt that the liskers were people in high places that regress to their frat days when they hire and kill sex workers. Now proving it is another deal.

I have also always felt that fluke was being sincere about what he was trying to say but had a tough time with presentation and was not taken seriously. Same with Dorothy price hill. I believe these two were close to accurate and people made it their job to discredit them.

Too bad the reporter did not take it to the NY Post to publish...Newsday is obviously in bed with SCPD.

I have also always felt that fluke was being sincere about what he was trying to say but had a tough time with presentation and was not taken seriously. Same with Dorothy price hill. I believe these two were close to accurate and people made it their job to discredit them.

Did you read Lost Girls? Do you believe Hackett hid bodies in the Gatehouse? There are some things that just cannot be believed.

Did you read Lost Girls? Do you believe Hackett hid bodies in the Gatehouse?
I did read lost girls. As I have mentioned before, I don't believe Hackett was the master of the killing ceremony. I believe that fluke was sincere in his intent.

I didn't realize Burke's father and grandfather were law enforcement officers.

http://irishecho.com/law-and-order/the-irish-law-order-50/james-burke/

Wow - good find.

In Burke's bio, I found this job description interesting: "undercover narcotics detective"

You know who else's father was in law enforcement in NYC/LI likely the same time as Burke's father? A SCPD cop who lived in Smithtown for years and then moved to Oak Beach and became Hackett's next door neighbor. Apparently, after the SG/GB4 discovery, he left his job at SCPD, took a job at NYPD, and then he too quietly moved to Florida. His initials are also JB.

Wow - good find.

In Burke's bio, I found this job description interesting: "undercover narcotics detective"

You know who else's father was in law enforcement in NYC/LI likely the same time as Burke's father? A SCPD cop who lived in Smithtown for years and then moved to Oak Beach and became Hackett's next door neighbor. Apparently, after the SG/GB4 discovery, he left his job at SCPD, took a job at NYPD, and then he too quietly moved to Florida. His initials are also JB.

'Seems that Burke believes he's Irish with a LE lineage. (I dunno, didn't sleuth 'em)
:shame: Uhmm... I must admit I did sleuth the family business and still think the limo service/air conditioning combo is odd.

However, I wonder if the other JB cop was at home the night SG was running scared through the neighborhood... maybe he was out of town or maybe he was visiting a neighbor. One would think those within the OB gates would have tried to contact him that night, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro