Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, isn't dumping in water the worst place to get rid of a body? They inevitably turn up. It's a misconception that if you dump a body in the ocean it magically disappears. Even if weighted down. Clearly the best choice is hiding in plain sight, right on the side of a desolate island highway

A tiny bit off topic: Someone with years crimeslewthing on a crime forum who actually made major contribution to solve a hi profile case should write a book on the experience, the process used and the challenges in the process. That would be the book of a lifetime. And worth sharing with future crime forum members. Just an interesting thought if one has solved or made major contribution leading to a conclusion of the crime.

It wouldn't be much of a book would it? Just years and years of google searches. What a read! lol

What is the Fire Island call? The only thing I can think of is Maureen's phone was turned on near Fire Island, but the calls to the family of Melissa all pinged in Manhattan and one at Massapequa

This is true. Melissa's family were called from mid town manhatten and there was a theory floating around the killer worked there and lived somewhere else. Maureen's phone I think pinged from Fire. Maybe he rang when he was dumping another body or just visiting his graveyard who knows.

Chopping bodies up and dumping them off boats has been done for years by gangs and nothing turns up. You could easily cement the suitcase, pour it in let it harden, dump it. These are dump quick actions. Dump quick get out if there, let's not get seen. They know the area though, or why risk going there?

Someone also said they could be a blue collar worker. Access to sacks. Outdoors. Park attendant. Someone who would not be considered an unusual person to be in any given area, or stopped in any given area. Blood could be road kill cleaned up if ever stopped for a light ect.

I just don't buy a lot of it. They had a reason to be in Mannorville. I don't think they ever wanted bodies there. They know the beaches well enough to know when they can go there quietly, grew up there possibly. Are there holiday homes on the beach near or on fire Island?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suffolk's Richard Dormer was born in Ireland and there is a very strong Irish American connection to Mannorville and Tom Clarke's and his wife's land....I now understand B could be Italian. Which is different. I never suggested the communities did not get along. However, there could be a feeling of being passed over with LE and the Irish taking care of the Irish. Personally I don't think Burke did it, he may have had motive and opportunity but he'd be very lucky never to have been down where the bodies were when no one could have recognised him. He was well known, I have a feeling the killer isn't

I don't know who Tom Clarke and his wife from Manorville are. This particular thread is about James Burke and the corruption he was involved in while working for the SCPD. Richard Dormer is a Irish-American born in Ireland, while James Burke is a American born and raised in the United States. His descendants are or aren't of Irish descent, I have no idea.

This isn't a topic for this thread whether he's irish, italian, or any other nationality. The thread is going way off topic, IMO.... Let's stick with James Burke the convicted felon.

What was it Ted Bundy said, everything comes back to *advertiser censored*....

A piece on Spota which is odd. It's odd in the sense of what you think Burke may have had in the duffle

Charles Manson sent people out to kill, Bundy hunted his own prey. They are two totally different people. One is a cult leader one was a depraved sexual predator and narcissistic who loved to attack women.

I was making a joke about Charles Manson, but apparently you didn't get it. I'm just quoting what Charles Manson said in response to what Ted Bundy said about *advertiser censored*.

And you are right in my opinion. The thread has three different types of poster. Those who want it to be Burke, and drive the thread in this direction, those who follow the theory the killer may have killed along the coast like the TV program, and those who believe the Killer is a Rifkin, who'll probably be caught with a cadaver in the trunk in a bag going off to dump but is LISK and not outside.

One thing I am gleaning from this, is the killer's either lack of intellect or as it could be, the killer's want to leave clues and maybe is smarter than average.

No one cuts off a whole leg to get rid of a tattoo, however with the wings tattoo someone tried to destroy it without getting rid of it. So A did they really try to remove it, couldn't and buried anyway, or dumped, or B want people to notice the tattoo.

I am actually now leaning toward A. I have a feeling this is someone good at killing, but not smart enough to go out on a boat and get rid. I also think Fire Island is a real key. A phone signal bounced off the receptor there. It was related to a crank call and the killer had one of the victims phones. They weren't smart enough to realise they would leave a key piece of evidence, or didn't know they were near the mast.

I wonder are there bodies there. I just think this person knows this area very well or works there. They could also live in Mannorville so it wouldn't be unusual for them to be along the beaches. The perfect cover.

To be so close to water, to be on fire Island at any time, and to never think of hiring a boat, dumping evidence at sea is very odd. Why leave it where it can be found if you are hiding it, so which is it, not very smart or just playing games? I don't believe they are smart but panicking and just dumping bodies.

This isn't a LISK thread, this is a James Burke thread and that may be the reason why you see "different kinds" of posters and the idea's they have about who the SK is.

This isn't a LISK thread, this is a James Burke thread and that may be the reason why you see "different kinds" of posters and the idea's they have about who the SK is.

I am not going to defend James Burke, but the man was done for assault not serial killing. And you have no evidence linking him to any of the people missing from the 1990's or do you?

This is true. Melissa's family were called from mid town manhatten and there was a theory floating around the killer worked there and lived somewhere else. Maureen's phone I think pinged from Fire. Maybe he rang when he was dumping another body or just visiting his graveyard who knows.

Chopping bodies up and dumping them off boats has been done for years by gangs and nothing turns up. You could easily cement the suitcase, pour it in let it harden, dump it. These are dump quick actions. Dump quick get out if there, let's not get seen. They know the area though, or why risk going there?

Someone also said they could be a blue collar worker. Access to sacks. Outdoors. Park attendant. Someone who would not be considered an unusual person to be in any given area, or stopped in any given area. Blood could be road kill cleaned up if ever stopped for a light ect.

I just don't buy a lot of it. They had a reason to be in Mannorville. I don't think they ever wanted bodies there. They know the beaches well enough to know when they can go there quietly, grew up there possibly. Are there holiday homes on the beach near or on fire Island?

The beach area's have a lot of tourists during the summer months, but many are mixed in with year round residents. The killer/s pattern appears to be someone that knows the area well, uses it to dump bodies before the summer season begins. The last body was put there in September when Amber Costello went missing.

The bodies started being found in December 2010 so I imagine the SK stopped dumping there, but I don't think they've stopped killing. If one killer dumped all 10 bodies on Ocean Parkway, it started in 1996. That would put the age of the SK in at least their late 30's, but more likely in their 40's or older.

I am not going to defend James Burke, but the man was done for assault not serial killing. And you have no evidence linking him to any of the people missing from the 1990's or do you?

You don't get it do you? I'm trying to tell you there's another thread for SK/LISK/GB4/AC4, this is for James Burke and his conviction. This is about how corrupt SCPD IS and that's it! No NEED to be nasty towards ME TWICE!

You don't get it do you? I'm trying to tell you there's another thread for SK/LISK/GB4/AC4, this is for James Burke and his conviction. This is about how corrupt SCPD IS and that's it! No NEED to be nasty towards ME TWICE!

You have been trolling me since I first posted. Lots of other people here are discussing the possibility of linked crimes. Let's leave it there.

As a boat owner, with my boat in a marina not far from the same area. I don't see any one dumping the bodies from a boat for the following reasons.

1) It's not that easy just to bring body parts to your boat to throw over board. First you have to park your car then load up the wagon from the car then wheel the wagon to the boat, etc etc. Blood could leak from the bags or whatever onto the docks, into the wagon.

2) The marinas are busy places where you know everyone, people would offer to help with your bins and heavy black plastic bags, marinas are open 24 hours a day boat owners have keys to come and go to thier boats, there is a lot of activity in the summer months.

3) My marina is also a Yacht Club with parties going on and people hanging out on the small grounds using the BBQ's, playing cards, socializing whatever it may be. Most marinas you have to walk through the main area to get to dock where your boat is.

4) There is always a tender on the grounds that watches the boats and bring people back and forth who chose to have thier boats on a mooring. There could be a security guard as well. Some marinas also have security cameras. The boats are worth a lot of money from 100k up into the millions. These places are watched one way or another.

5) If someone hires a boat to use they still have to go to a marina and quite often they pay for the captain to operate the boat.

6) If there is not a captain the owner of the boat that is renting knows who they are renting to, its usually not a full cash exchange, (maybe partial) there is a background check and payment through checks or electronically. The person also has to purchase insurance to cover the boat they are renting usually through the owner. People don't just rent thier boats to any joe schmoo. Especially ocean boats can be quite expensive even the smaller ones.

7) It's all not so cut and dry.

Someone using thier own boat or hiring one would add more chances and steps in getting caught then just having the bodies in thier trunks or trucks and dumping them. These are not LAKE MARINAS in the middle of no where, it's an entirely different thing down here in this part of NY. Even if there is a dock at the house, then your neighbors will have docks, summer is a very busy time.

Fire Island is on the map below in respect to Gilgo, or Oak. Zoom it to see the details.

Someone could have driven across the Robert Moses causeway .......making a right dumping the bodies and heading back on the causeway, there are no tolls on the causeway. Maybe cameras?

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6398398,-73.2908053,12z

You have been trolling me since I first posted. Lots of other people here are discussing the possibility of linked crimes. Let's leave it there.

There's no such thing as TROLLING here I've been responding to your comments, period. Don't need you being disrespectful to me. I happen to have read this ENTIRE thread before posting a comment here, I don't believe you have.

Just because MY opinion or thoughts differ from your's doesn't mean I'm trolling you, you just aren't that important to me at all. Again this thread is about James Burke, not about the SK who hasn't be caught yet.

As a boat owner, with my boat in a marina not far from the same area. I don't see any one dumping the bodies from a boat for the following reasons.

1) It's not that easy just to bring body parts to your boat to throw over board. First you have to park your car then load up the wagon from the car then wheel the wagon to the boat, etc etc. Blood could leak from the bags or whatever onto the docks, into the wagon.

2) The marinas are busy places where you know everyone, people would offer to help with your bins and heavy black plastic bags, marinas are open 24 hours a day boat owners have keys to come and go to thier boats, there is a lot of activity in the summer months.

3) My marina is also a Yacht Club with parties going on and people hanging out on the small grounds using the BBQ's, playing cards, socializing whatever it may be. Most marinas you have to walk through the main area to get to dock where your boat is.

4) There is always a tender on the grounds that watches the boats and bring people back and forth who chose to have thier boats on a mooring. There could be a security guard as well. Some marinas also have security cameras. The boats are worth a lot of money from 100k up into the millions. These places are watched one way or another.

5) If someone hires a boat to use they still have to go to a marina and quite often they pay for the captain to operate the boat.

6) If there is not a captain the owner of the boat that is renting knows who they are renting to, its usually not a full cash exchange, (maybe partial) there is a background check and payment through checks or electronically. The person also has to purchase insurance to cover the boat they are renting usually through the owner. People don't just rent thier boats to any joe schmoo. Especially ocean boats can be quite expensive even the smaller ones.

Someone using thier own boat or hiring one would add more chances and steps in getting caught then just having the bodies in thier trunks or trucks and dumping them. These are not LAKE MARINAS in the middle of no where, it's an entirely different thing down here in this part of NY. Even if there is a dock at the house, then your neighbors will have docks, summer is a very busy time.

Fire Island is on the map below in respect to Gilgo, or Oak. Zoom it to see the details.

Someone could have driven across the Robert Moses causeway .......making a right dumping the bodies and heading back on the causeway, there are no tolls on the causeway. Maybe cameras?

I don't know about NYS but NJ in order to operate a boat you need to be licensed to do it, so you can't just lend or rent out your boat to someone. Rowboats, yes, they can be rented but not a motorized boat or yacht. My yacht club doesn't even offer that option to people.

Thanks. I'll email you my thoughts. I am going to refrain from mentioning LISK. A different thread as has been pointed out.

I see the point of posting in the right thread. The reason I posted on this thread is because of a Le officer in Suffolk has been my subject. Which ties into the whole Subject of Suffolk county's Oak Beach parties, the Burke situation, and the likelyhood a LE officer may likely be involved in the LISK murders.
This is based on the geographic relationships between Manorville, Riverhead court/jail as well as the Islip court and proximity to Gilgo and Oak Beach.
If I'm wrong posting in this thread, do I move to the LISK thread? I think there it would be much more convaluted with 10 times the different topics creating more mass confusion. I thought this thread overall was worth posting at least my subject content.
In other forum, there was a LE presence which I found interesting. I will limit my post to the purpose of this thread and will post other, unrelated topics in a correct thread. Thank you.

There is more dental and fingerprint records than DNA not everybody has to register their dna

Not from the 90's but Janice Fullam disappeared in high school and she was in Burke's class at Smithtown. I also found that Lowrita lived right down the road from the Budget Inn that Melissa's phone either pinged at or near. Lowrita went to Amityville High School, and since she's involved in prostitution I wonder if there is any connection between Robert Blake and Lowrita. Blake was arrested at the other Massapequa hotel, the best western, and he has relatives in Amityville. It's something worth looking into.

People do not need licenses to operate a boat IN NYS or NJ, they should implement it as a requirement but it is not. However a boat owner needs registration insurance and everything else.

Yes this Thread is about James Burke but at times other thoughts arise and we do go in other directions if something else comes up. As on all the boards. Everyone always gets back to the main subject of James Burke.

I will say again in my opinion, I don't think Burke is responsible for all the murders but he is certainly capable of murder and I would not be surprised if he did murder one of these girls. He may be doing time for assault, but if you are capable of assault, assault could very well lead to murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214