feeling compelled to point out the obvious...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe many posts go beyond analysis and into vilification but I choose not to participate in that.

I believe in love and tolerance however there is a certain amount of personal responsibility that each human being has. I think we can all agree that there are people involved in this case that have not lived up to their personal repsonsiblilty to a child.

My loyalties and concern will always lean towards those who cannot speak for themselves... children like Caylee. I will express my feelings (and that is all they are, my feelings) everytime I do not believe that Caylee is being spoken for.

I ultimately believe in God's perfect justice. Not my justice, not even a jury's justice.

I've been an obsessed WSers since Caylee's story broke and like many others have formed and refined my opinions as time has passed. After crying for two straight hours this morning (during the memorial service), I came here to see how many others felt the service was beautiful and low-key (the exact opposite of what many were expecting). I've always been an empathetic person, so when I saw some of the less than positive analyses posted, I chalked it up to emotions still being raw from the service having just ended. I've checked in throughout the day hoping to see the posts grow a bit more empathetic and hopeful.

I'm sad to see that hasn't happened in many cases.

All I can say is that I hope to God that I am never in the same spot the A's are in right now, but if I ever am, I genuinely hope every syllable I utter isn't picked apart and analyzed to DEATH by people who don't know me from Eve.

The ONLY truth known for sure throughout this entire fiasco is this: NO one knows what ANY of the A's were or are feeling -- they don't even know for certain what EACH OTHER has/is feeling.

Again, and finally, I extend my sincerest wishes to all who have and do love Caylee (those who actually knew her and those of us who have only known her through tragedy). I know everyone grieves in their own way...and some grieve via anger. That's okay, too.

I, for one, will never regret having offered empathy before blame -- even (and especially) if I am eventually proven wrong.

May justice for Caylee be swift.

Excellent post. I agree completely. You stated it perfectly.

I cringe every time I come in here after the memorial expecting some sort of compassion, and am met face to face with an exceedingly high amount of negativity.

I couldn't imagine being in their shoes. Their raw pain is something I couldn't even imagine.

Allow them dignitiy and compassion, when they need it the most.

Imagine having your darkest moments of grief torn apart, action by action, by people who don't even know you.

b.i.n.g.o.

Thanks for agreeing. I just think they want to be clear that they will love her and never abandon her, regardless of what transpired.

If that is the case, and I hope it is, their capacity to forgive is admirable. They probably realize that if she doesn't start talking and possibly plea out, she will be facing the death penalty in addition to facing a trial that will tear her to shreds.

Good post....no family should ever have to walk in their shoes -- they are the family of the victim as well as the family of the "perp" -- 2 very horrible positions to be in - lumped together at one time, considering this is about the loss of a beautiful child. And as you said, eventually they will have to face the facts of what actually happened (if it is ever actually known) - not to mention what may be told in court. They still have a long ugly road ahead of them, and like you, I hope they all seek counseling. I can't even begin to imagine the emotions, anger, sorrow etc. that they have felt over the last 7 months. I agree with what George said -- we would not want to be in any of their shoes...
Thanks! I have a 2 & 1/2 year old niece who brightens my world with her very existence. My world would be dim without her and I don't know how the A's are carrying on.

I expected KC's name to be brought up, and I would have felt something was missing if her name had not have come up. This was a church. The A's were not the only people to bring up KC's name... the pastors did too, and in my book (which is the Bible) they were right in doing so. Imagine if the pastors didn't think KC deserved prayer. Would they be true men of God? Who, then, could we expect to pray for us in our time of need?

The power of prayer is enormous... I can testify to that. Lots of prayer from people that have a true relationship with the Lord may be the thing that turns this around.
I bolded your last sentence because it is so profound. I will pray today for KC to tell the truth. God never turns anyone away. She will be safe as her mother has prayed for.

I believe the obvious is that - JB and KC are keeping the A's at a distance because they intend to throw on or more of the A's under the bus at trial. I don't think JB is saying KC is innocent- I think he is portraying that KC is an innocent.

Nothing is going to be her fault- her Dad abused her- Her Mom was a control freak of every aspect of her life- her brother molested her. Her school mates teased her.
There doesn't have to be truth to any of it- but they will try to trow it out there and hope one of them stick to just one person-
Poor KC- no wonder she is like she is-

The obvious is- the public need to stop enabling the A's to pull off their sneakines and say enough- so that the A's get enough support to be strong enough to say to KC- quit with the lies- game over- tell the truth or you are on your own- time to grow up and take responsiblitiy for your actions-we will only support you if you do- you gave us a wonderful gift in Caylee and you took her away- there's nothing more you can do to hurt us any worse-gig's up

I couldn't bring myself to post in any of the memorial threads. It surprised me how many prejudged and were absolutely sure of the circus atmosphere CA would create.
Even the Anthony's felt there would be less than dignified events occuring at the memorial. I kept faith in humanity and thank God I wasn't disappointed. It was, imo, a beautiful memorial. There wasn't any "passing of the plate", or "selling Caylee bracelets". No protesters showed up to steal the show. I think many more would have attended the memorial if this talk hadn't gone on in prior days.

Having not actively been following these events lately, I was surprized to hear so much talk of protestors in the days leading up to the memorial. It seemed to me that the protests were always mainly about Casey being out of jail and that outrage has usually been limited to some release of Casey on audio or video or to some hurtful or ridiculous comment from someone in the family. I haven't heard much criticism of the family since they've been laying low. I wondered if visions of potential trouble from protestors might not have been mostly unfounded, coming from resentments the Anthonys are still somehow harboring.

As for the memorial, it was ok. George seemed to be the most Caylee focussed. He was the one who really told us about Caylee. The other family members present basically told us about themselves, their pain, their loss, their grief. George broke me up and my heart goes out to him. Much of what Lee said appeared to be in code and was more about what Lee felt himself. Cindy talked a lot about what she thought, did or had lost, herself. Even the songs seemed to be less representative of evoking Caylee's memory and more focused on how Jesus would assuage the pain of survivors or on how the survivors would someday feel when they saw Caylee again. I suppose that's not really inappropriate given the way Caylee died as a murder victim. The pain of the survivors is probably a reasonable focus, but it did seem to come through as much as if not more than a portrayal of who and what Caylee was. It also seemed to try to be a tribute to the whole family as well, including the woman who murdered Caylee. I have no problem with the Casey mentions per se, but I truly hope the Anthonys have already or will some day face the truth.

After sleeping on it, I began to wonder if the reason C&G laid it on so thick was because they were trying to appeal to Casey to tell the truth.

I woke up thinking this exact thing.

I expected KC's name to be brought up, and I would have felt something was missing if her name had not have come up. This was a church. The A's were not the only people to bring up KC's name... the pastors did too, and in my book (which is the Bible) they were right in doing so. Imagine if the pastors didn't think KC deserved prayer. Would they be true men of God? Who, then, could we expect to pray for us in our time of need?

The power of prayer is enormous... I can testify to that. Lots of prayer from people that have a true relationship with the Lord may be the thing that turns this around.

I,too, can testify to the power of prayer. I will join with you and many others in prayer for KC.

I believe the obvious is that - JB and KC are keeping the A's at a distance because they intend to throw on or more of the A's under the bus at trial. I don't think JB is saying KC is innocent- I think he is portraying that KC is an innocent.

Nothing is going to be her fault- her Dad abused her- Her Mom was a control freak of every aspect of her life- her brother molested her. Her school mates teased her.
There doesn't have to be truth to any of it- but they will try to trow it out there and hope one of them stick to just one person-
Poor KC- no wonder she is like she is-

The obvious is- the public need to stop enabling the A's to pull off their sneakines and say enough- so that the A's get enough support to be strong enough to say to KC- quit with the lies- game over- tell the truth or you are on your own- time to grow up and take responsiblitiy for your actions-we will only support you if you do- you gave us a wonderful gift in Caylee and you took her away- there's nothing more you can do to hurt us any worse-gig's up

~bolded by always~

I agree. It's pathetic, but I believe JB will go there. moo Cindy, George and Lee are publicly defended her, speaking up for her promoting her virtues as JB and Casey are gearing up to methodically throw each of them under the bus. I figure quite a few of the friends will also find themselves under the bus at trial. moo

I've been an obsessed WSers since Caylee's story broke and like many others have formed and refined my opinions as time has passed. After crying for two straight hours this morning (during the memorial service), I came here to see how many others felt the service was beautiful and low-key (the exact opposite of what many were expecting). I've always been an empathetic person, so when I saw some of the less than positive analyses posted, I chalked it up to emotions still being raw from the service having just ended. I've checked in throughout the day hoping to see the posts grow a bit more empathetic and hopeful.

I'm sad to see that hasn't happened in many cases.

All I can say is that I hope to God that I am never in the same spot the A's are in right now, but if I ever am, I genuinely hope every syllable I utter isn't picked apart and analyzed to DEATH by people who don't know me from Eve.

The ONLY truth known for sure throughout this entire fiasco is this: NO one knows what ANY of the A's were or are feeling -- they don't even know for certain what EACH OTHER has/is feeling.

Again, and finally, I extend my sincerest wishes to all who have and do love Caylee (those who actually knew her and those of us who have only known her through tragedy). I know everyone grieves in their own way...and some grieve via anger. That's okay, too.

I, for one, will never regret having offered empathy before blame -- even (and especially) if I am eventually proven wrong.

May justice for Caylee be swift.

Starting a thread to dress down those of us that do not agree with your sentiments is not a way to get your feelings across, IMO.

I respect how you feel and your opinions. But I do not agree with them. That does not mean one of us is right and one of us is wrong. It just means that we have a difference of opinion.

Those of us that feel the memorial was great up until KC's name was mentioned are not bad, heartless people. Please keep that in mind when trying to make us feel bad for our opinions.

This thread and other's yesterday have made me rethink my willingness to lend an opinion. The memorial service has brought forth raw emotions for many. Perhaps I am incorrect, but I never thought that true sleuthing meant that one must void him or herself from emotion, empathy or compassion.
Judgment should be reserved for the jury room and not a memorial service.

Starting a thread to dress down those of us that do not agree with your sentiments is not a way to get your feelings across, IMO.

I respect how you feel and your opinions. But I do not agree with them. That does not mean one of us is right and one of us is wrong. It just means that we have a difference of opinion.

Those of us that feel the memorial was great up until KC's name was mentioned are not bad, heartless people. Please keep that in mind when trying to make us feel bad for our opinions.

Thank-You.

This thread and other's yesterday have made me rethink my willingness to lend an opinion. The memorial service has brought forth raw emotions for many. Perhaps I am incorrect, but I never thought that true sleuthing meant that one must void him or herself from emotion, empathy or compassion.
Judgment should be reserved for the jury room and not a memorial service.

I do hope a different opinion would not stop you from voicing yours. Thanks to the Mods and most posters' sense of courtesy, I think you would be very safe posting. In fact you just did.

I am not void of emotion, empathy, or compassion. I feel all three, just maybe not for the same people or the same reasons that you do. I do not see the problem. If you feel attacked, report the post.

If judgement were reserved for the jury room no one would ever be arrested. I won't be in KC's jury room, and so I am free to form or change my opinions as this case unfolds.

While we are pointing out the obvious. I really tried yesterday to keep it about Caylee, but then it dawned on me how unfair it was for us to be expected to do that when her own family did not. I was still respectful, but please don't expect the rest of us to do something her own family won't. I could not look myself in the mirror knowing that because I got caught up in the emotions of the moment I forgot what these people have done. The way they have acted. That would have made me a big hypocrite. Yes I felt sorry for them....but I also remembered what got us to that point.

While we are pointing out the obvious. I really tried yesterday to keep it about Caylee, but then it dawned on me how unfair it was for us to be expected to do that when her own family did not. I was still respectful, but please don't expect the rest of us to do something her own family won't. I could not look myself in the mirror knowing that because I got caught up in the emotions of the moment I forgot what these people have done. The way they have acted. That would have made me a big hypocrite. Yes I felt sorry for them....but I also remembered what got us to that point.

I think I love you.:D

Unfortunately, if this case has taught me anything it's that anger is such a strong (and often extremely ugly) emotion.

I simply can't hate, detest, despise or belittle Cindy or George. I just can't. To have such a permanent and repetitive anger and bitterness is not within me. I remember that Caylee loved George and Cindy dearly, everybody wants to be on 'Caylee's side', but what for? Why does that include the hate for Cindy and George? The only 'side' Caylee ever knew from George and Cindy was love.

There are so many who are in uproar that the Anthonys would mention Casey, that they would support Casey or that they haven't denounced her in public. If those people would stop hating for a minute and rationalize the situation their uproar would dissipate: they still love Casey and support Casey because she is their daughter. They can't believe she could do this and because they can't believe it, they won't. In my mind, their acceptance will come when the evidence is presented, much in the same way their acceptance of Caylee's death came when her body was found.

Unfortunately, if this case has taught me anything it's that anger is such a strong (and often extremely ugly) emotion.

I simply can't hate, detest, despise or belittle Cindy or George. I just can't. To have such a permanent and repetitive anger and bitterness is not within me. I remember that Caylee loved George and Cindy dearly, everybody wants to be on 'Caylee's side', but what for? Why does that include the hate for Cindy and George? The only 'side' Caylee ever knew from George and Cindy was love.

There are so many who are in uproar that the Anthonys would mention Casey, that they would support Casey or that they haven't denounced her in public. If those people would stop hating for a minute and rationalize the situation their uproar would dissipate: they still love Casey and support Casey because she is their daughter. They can't believe she could do this and because they can't believe it, they won't. In my mind, their acceptance will come when the evidence is presented, much in the same way their acceptance of Caylee's death came when her body was found.

Again with the "hate". Please understand it is not hate. It is having a different opinion than you. This accusing people of hating is getting out of hand. Every one's opinion is valid. I respect the people who support the A's and the way they are handling this. I don't accuse them of hating justice or not supporting Caylee for their beliefs...and yes that is the same thing. We need to drop the grouping people as the "haters"...it really has no place here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela