Fencesitters & Not Guilty Post Here - THREAD NO. 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colomom, I couldn't agree more. That is exactly how I felt and what I think today about Kate. I think she is grieving and going through great agony, but I don't believe it is because her child was abducted.

I think she is in pain philamena, I can sense the pain.

I just get confused because the pain that I sense is different then what she expresses as her pain.

To be blunt, she wants us to believe that she is in pain because her daughter has been snatched. I think she is in pain because her daughter was lost at their hand and she is suffering from great personal regret and guilt for her part in that loss..

colomom,
Thanks for the response. When I look back at the pictures of the McCann's here at WS I admit to seeing Kate smiling in some of them but I also see a woman who seems to be in pain in others. Honestly, when I think of mothers who kill, I think of Susan Smith and Diane Downs who couldn't even fake being upset.

However I do understand how you feel, especially after reading this from your post. I know exactly how you feel because that's exactly how I felt about the JBR case.
as soon as I heard them speak that changed. I felt confusion, suspicion and doubt. I was shocked that I felt that way, I fought it, I tried to rationalize it, I agonized over it. It never changed. It only got worse as time passed.

I still hope and pray that Maddie is found soon and that one day we all learn what happened to her.

Hi, Barnaby. I checked today's headlines and I see "Kate in Tears", "Kate Breaks Down", "Kate Sobbing".

Odd coincidence, isn't it, that a coupleof days ago we were all discussing why Kate never cried for Madeleine. Now this.

Whatever would Clarence do without us?

She's damned if she doesn't, then damned if she does.

Colomon, I think a lot of her pain is caused by the fact that the majority of people do not believe her. Even if she had been involved in the death of Madeleine the tears of regret should have come in May. Sorry but i think any tears that may have appeared but were not actually spilled were for her not for Madeleine.

Like you I never wanted to believe they were involved despite being suspicious from the beginning but the more the circus continues the less sympathy I have for these people, they & they alone are perpetuating this farcical deception.

They're her tears Barnaby and she shed them when she wanted, that is her right.

It doesn't matter what Kate does because she made a poor parenting decision she will always be guilty in some peoples eyes even if and when she is cleared.

I've seen mention over time of Madeleine having a habit of sleepwalking or being an occasional sleepwalker. I can't trace this or find out any more about it. Does anyone have information on it?

They're her tears Barnaby and she shed them when she wanted, that is her right.

It doesn't matter what Kate does because she made a poor parenting decision she will always be guilty in some peoples eyes even if and when she is cleared.
Yes sure she has rights but so did Madeleine, the right as a child to be protected from predators by her parents.

My opinion on the McCanns is not solely based on their poor parenting decision. It was a bad one that's for sure but I think people could have found it in their hearts to have sympathy for them & indeed to even forgive them had it not been for their callous attitude after the event.

& regarding being "Damned if she does & damned if she doesn't" it took her a heck of a long time to do!

Yes sure she has rights but so did Madeleine, the right as a child to be protected from predators by her parents.

My opinion on the McCanns is not solely based on their poor parenting decision. It was a bad one that's for sure but I think people could have found it in their hearts to have sympathy for them & indeed to even forgive them had it not been for their callous attitude after the event.

& regarding being "Damned if she does & damned if she doesn't" it took her a heck of a long time to do!

I think this is an example of why people are suspicious (other than the left alone aspect).

'jennylonglegs' on Mike Hitchen's blog commented:

So let me get this right. The eggman, of Mediterranean appearance, broke into the apartment that he'd been watching all week and that the Mcs had gone out and left as usual although they'd had a funny feeling about being watched. He took Madeleine from her bed without disturbing that bed and without leaving the slightest trace of DNA behind, and without a sound being made to disturb the unsedated twins between whom Madeleine was sleeping. Oh yes, and he put Cuddle Cat on a high shelf, cleaned the wall with bleach, etc etc, all in the space of 8 minutes between parental visits to check. He then legged it in clear view of Jane Tanner but was strangely invisible to anyone else, with Madeleine uncovered in his arms, and...what? Took her up into the hills of southern Spain and handed her over to Heidi's grandfather, where she's been ever since, out of reach of newspapers, TV, radio, you name it. Is this a game of 'how far can I go' on GMC's part?

She's damned if she doesn't, then damned if she does.

This is absolutely the truth.

Those who think the McCann's weren't involved in Maddie's disappearance, see real tears and grief; those who think the McCann's were involved in Maddie's disappearance, see crocodile tears or tears that are not related to grief.

Most of our minds are made up one way or the other - and we fit the "evidence" into our version of what we think happened.

The Pat Brown comments are very worthwhile. When you have known people who have lost children to death/murder, and you know people personally with missing children, and the McCanns' comments and actions consistently mirror that of the people with deceased children, then after awhile, it's not "damned if she does, damned if she doesn't" more like "Damned if I can explain the illogical weirdness of the McCanns in any other way but the two that Pat Brown lays out."

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/

Colomom posted this link in the general information thread, but Pat Brown does a good job and provides an excellent summary of the McCanns' actions and behavior since Madeleine disappeared.

I thought her analysis excellent and on target. People should read this as it was put in way that discredits other obscure solutions.

Crying shame to see McCanns judged with poison not pity

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/opinion.cfm?id=1718972007

SO, AT last, she wept. But the tears of a bereft mother did not impress the hard-hearted and nasty-minded, who had already condemned Kate McCann and her husband Gerry. For them, her breakdown on TV last week was too little, too late - and was it stage-managed?
The agony of parents - whatever their faults - whose four-year-old daughter has disappeared in the night, might have been expected to invoke sympathy and understanding. Instead, it has shown sections of the popular press and a depressingly large part of society at their most biased, repulsive and viciously vindictive. The initial cry of, "Find Maddie!" has become, "Find Maddie's mother and father guilty!" Whatever happened to the presumption of innocence until guilt is proved?

One sales-hungry tabloid, which has had the story on its front page every day for a week, screamed: '70% don't believe the McCanns'. Buried in the story was the questionable truth that these were the phone calls to a Spanish TV station after the harrowing interview in which Kate McCann broke down four times. How many called was not mentioned. How scientific. How stupidly irresponsible.

One sales-hungry tabloid, which has had the story on its front page every day for a week, screamed: '70% don't believe the McCanns'. Buried in the story was the questionable truth that these were the phone calls to a Spanish TV station after the harrowing interview in which Kate McCann broke down four times. How many called was not mentioned. How scientific. How stupidly irresponsible.

But it's no more right or wrong than the UK newspaper drivel over the summer that totally ignored the rising questions about the McCanns' behavior on the night Madeleine went missing and afterwards. There were many people, including me, who tried to post comments in the media questioning the parents' words and actions which never made it into print because of media bias touting the "Saint Kate and Gerry" angle.

I have to agree with you Barnaby, Kate is not being condemned solely on her parental skills, there are so many other reasons, and the P LE must think the same as why would they be made suspects.

But it's no more right or wrong than the UK newspaper drivel over the summer that totally ignored the rising questions about the McCanns' behavior on the night Madeleine went missing and afterwards. There were many people, including me, who tried to post comments in the media questioning the parents' words and actions which never made it into print because of media bias touting the "Saint Kate and Gerry" angle.
Your right. There's been a lot of drivel, from the leaks, rumors and smears from the PLE, to the press and blogs and message boards too.
But you seem quite happy to believe some of that drivel.

Your right. There's been a lot of drivel, from the leaks, rumors and smears from the PLE, to the press and blogs and message boards too.
Hi April, I know you and I differ on this case, but how can so many people who think the McCanns are somehow involved in the disappearance of Madelaine come to this decision, I am not laying blame anyone here just would like to know why such a large percentage of posters here and people elsewhere think the McCanns are guilty in someway. IMO there seems to be more people anti McCann than Pro McCann.
It isnt only the way the McCanns act or what they have said, it is also what they havent said, the inconsistencies in statements given to the LE, by the McCanns and all others who have been interviewed and given formal statements. If you look at the big picture, something is wrong about this whole case, I cannot quite put my finger on anything specific, its a lot of little things that just dont add up.

I do not believe everything I read or hear in the media, as they are mainly in it to sell their stories whether it is the truth or not.

I just hope that the truth comes out and soon. I have not posted for a while until just recently again, as I feel there is nothing new to talk about, Madelaine is still missing and until we hear what information the LE have we are just going round and round in circles.

Hi April, I know you and I differ on this case, but how can so many people who think the McCanns are somehow involved in the disappearance of Madelaine come to this decision, I am not laying blame anyone here just would like to know why such a large percentage of posters here and people elsewhere think the McCanns are guilty in someway. IMO there seems to be more people anti McCann than Pro McCann.
It isnt only the way the McCanns act or what they have said, it is also what they havent said, the inconsistencies in statements given to the LE, by the McCanns and all others who have been interviewed and given formal statements. If you look at the big picture, something is wrong about this whole case, I cannot quite put my finger on anything specific, its a lot of little things that just dont add up.

I do not believe everything I read or hear in the media, as they are mainly in it to sell their stories whether it is the truth or not.

I just hope that the truth comes out and soon. I have not posted for a while until just recently again, as I feel there is nothing new to talk about, Madelaine is still missing and until we hear what information the LE have we are just going round and round in circles.
Hi Shazza,
No we are worlds apart on this case.
The McCanns shouldn't have left their children alone and on that we agree.
Beyond that I haven't seen or heard anything to make me believe they were involved in harming her.
I do think they love Madeleine very much and are grieving terribly. And no parents in their situation deserve to be so cruely treated.
They have become victims of speculation, rumours and vicious smears. Aided by a corrupt PLE, (at least two of whom have now been replaced), who have leaked lies to a hungry press, (against their own laws), eager for a headline, picked up by blogs...And they are interested in truth...I don't think so!!
Its not surprising that such a campaign would have an effect on a wider public....But it doesn't make it true.
As yet there is no evidence against them...And I doubt there will be.
I could be wrong but at this point I don't believe so.
Like you though Shazza, I hope and pray the truth will out. For Madeleine and her family.

Actually, I was talking about the British newspapers when they were taking as fact what the McCanns stated about Madeleine's disappearance. This included the information they were more than happy to discuss about May 3- until they were asked pointed questions they didn't want to answer. Then they used the Portuguese secrecy laws to claim they couldn't talk about the case.

I don't believe everything I read, and I don't read a lot of what is coming out right now- by papers on both sides of the Channel. Both countries' press are guilty.

Actually, I was talking about the British newspapers when they were taking as fact what the McCanns stated about Madeleine's disappearance. This included the information they were more than happy to discuss about May 3- until they were asked pointed questions they didn't want to answer. Then they used the Portuguese secrecy laws to claim they couldn't talk about the case.

I don't believe everything I read, and I don't read a lot of what is coming out right now- by papers on both sides of the Channel. Both countries' press are guilty.
That could be because it is the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member