Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I am lost now then. You quoted and bold what Calikid said:

British newspapers when they were taking as fact what the McCanns stated about Madeleine's disappearance.
And you replied by saying "That could be because it is the truth."

:confused:

I think a4sky said it COULD be the truth - not it was the truth - well that is how I read it anyway

SleuthMom I think you misunderstand me.
I said and meant..could be because it is the truth. A possibility that wasn't being considered.

Clarence was on the radio this morning saying that since they have been made Arguidos - no money from the fund has gone to pay their own mortgage or personal expenses . There were two mortgage payments made in june / July for about £4000 - but that has been it

I know most people here will think he is lying and is part of the great conspiracy , but that was what he said .

The Tapas 7 have also made their first public statement ( see Ap4sky post in the media thread ) saying they were directly instructed by the PJ NOT to discuss the case in public - hence they haver been quiet ever since - so at least a couple of new bits and pieces . They also go on to say that they are confident that the PF are happy with all their statemnets etc

I think everyone agrees that there is something just not right with the McCanns and the Tapas 9, and IMO it's not necessarily sex related. There's just something we're missing. Anyone have ideas?

I think everyone agrees that there is something just not right with the McCanns and the Tapas 9, and IMO it's not necessarily sex related. There's just something we're missing. Anyone have ideas?
Not everyone.:waitasec:

Clarence was on the radio this morning saying that since they have been made Arguidos - no money from the fund has gone to pay their own mortgage or personal expenses . There were two mortgage payments made in june / July for about £4000 - but that has been it

Hmmmm strange. I am quite confident I read that the fund was paying for their living expenses so far since their savings are gone and both of them are not working. Who is maintaining them financially?

Hmmmm strange. I am quite confident I read that the fund was paying for their living expenses so far since their savings are gone and both of them are not working. Who is maintaining them financially?

no idea - just saying what Clarence said on the radio - BBC News - as soon as they were made Arguidos ny direct funding stopped - which was what the fund directors wanted and G & K

They could have borrowed from family - remortgage , overdraft , loan - I dunno

SleuthMom why would you care? It's their business.
The fund was set up to include financial help if needed.

Lots of discussion about this on the Mirror board:

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24323

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24313

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24131

Apparently, ALOT of people are curious about how the McCanns are paying their bills.

Lots of discussion about this on the Mirror board:

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24323

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24313

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24131

Apparently, ALOT of people are curious about how the McCanns are paying their bills.

Some people I suppose really want to see them suffer - they want to seem them at least destitute - maybe get their house repossed - that will show them

It doesnt really matter what is said - Clarence has publicy gone on record to say they are NOT receiving money since they have been made Arguidos - the fund will be under severe scrutiny when it posts its accounts -

but yet there is always the nod and winks - they must be sitting pretty etc etc -

SleuthMom why would you care? It's their business.
The fund was set up to include financial help if needed.

Don't you find it odd that 2 doctors would need financial help from a fund set up to find their daugther ?
And it is our business since the money came from the public, didn't it?

Don't you find it odd that 2 doctors would need financial help from a fund set up to find their daugther ?
And it is our business since the money came from the public, didn't it?

No I dont find it odd - I gave to the fund in the early days - I certainly wouldnt expect a personal blow by blow acct to how every penny is being spent

but as you are obviously worried that the Mcaaans are getting their paws on all the loot here is the governance procedure below

The Fund is subject to Company Law applicable in England and Wales and will be filing required returns with both Companies House and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs.
Internally, in so far as is relevant and taking into account differences in structure, the Fund is aspiring to follow best practice policies and processes used by charities. The directors have reviewed its operation against “Good Governance: A Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector”. This sets out best practice requirements for charities.
The Fund also has:
  • a Financial Procedures Manual
  • job descriptions for directors, chair and treasurer
  • clearly laid out policies and processes for:
    • payments
    • expense claims
    • risk management
    • whistle blowing
    • registering conflicts of interest

I'm another that doesn't share this gut feeling. I am a fence-sitter in this case. I don't know whether the McCanns were involved in their daughter's disappearance. They may be. They may not be. But, I have no "something is not right" vibe about the McCanns.

If I ever decide I think the McCanns were involved, it will be based on solid evidence of one kind or another, something of which we have precious little at the moment.

Some people I suppose really want to see them suffer - they want to seem them at least destitute - maybe get their house repossed - that will show them

It doesnt really matter what is said - Clarence has publicy gone on record to say they are NOT receiving money since they have been made Arguidos - the fund will be under severe scrutiny when it posts its accounts -

but yet there is always the nod and winks - they must be sitting pretty etc etc -

Somehow I don't think this will be a problem....

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=23793

That's an interesting and eyeopening discussion. Here I thought all along that Gerry worked for the National Health Service and was scraping by on about $100,000 a year. Come to tell, he is also in an exclusive private practice that caters to the rich and famous. As a cardiologist in this pricey game, he would earn about $1 million a year.

Poor poor Gerry. However will he pay the mortgage without dipping into the Maddie Fund?

Even Greta Von S. was a bit peeved last evening when she reported that the McC's were using the Maddie money for mortgage payments. I was surprised she would even mention it, as FOXnews has been ordered to go easy on the McCanns, as has their sister station, SkyNews.

An income of $120,000 is upper middle class in the United States. Even in places where the housing costs are high, that is still considered a comfortable income compared to what the majority of American citizens are earning.

I am surprised that the McCanns did not use any cash reserves they would draw upon before using the funds, but perhaps they felt that the expense was part of finding Madeleine search efforts. Interesting.

I thought along they must be using the funds for living expenses, as very few people can afford to take five months off from work without seriously depleting the rainy day fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondgirl#7