Fiber Analysis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Forgive my ol' brain cells, but have we discussed the fibers found in Caylees hair mass? If not, first thing in my mind was Caylee was wearing a scrunchie of some sort.

Seeing how you put the fibers in each group really makes it clearer for me. Thanks wenwe 4.

Does anyone remember the blockbuster video pics where it looked like there could have been a black band around kc's ankle? It only looked that way in a couple of pics IIRC, but it was hard to make out the other pics. What if . . . . there really was a black wool band (sock/armband/tie/etc . . . ) around her foot and we have pics (somewhere). I doubt I can bring pics over but i might find a link somewhere . . . . off to search

Found it - see link below

see pg 7 of 9 in the bb video pics - is that just a shadow or am i seeing kitties?

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/17841181/detail.html

Does anyone remember the blockbuster video pics where it looked like there could have been a black band around kc's ankle? It only looked that way in a couple of pics IIRC, but it was hard to make out the other pics. What if . . . . there really was a black wool band (sock/armband/tie/etc . . . ) around her foot and we have pics (somewhere). I doubt I can bring pics over but i might find a link somewhere . . . . off to search

see pg 7 of 9 in the bb video pics - is that just a shadow or am i seeing kitties?

I see what you are talkng about in pic 7, but like you, I can't tell if it is a shadow or what the heck it is.

Thanks for bumping this, wenwe. I'm still working on some ideas, too.

I'm not sure, but it appears to be a shadow. I don't see it in the final frame FWIW...

I see what you see in picture 7 that seems to look like a black band around KC's ankle. However, in picture 8, KC's leg is very visible and it doesn't appear as though there is anything there. Maybe it's just a shadow in #7.

2rmqywo.jpg

I see what you see in picture 7 that seems to look like a black band around KC's ankle. However, in picture 8, KC's leg is very visible and it doesn't appear as though there is anything there. Maybe it's just a shadow in #7.

2rmqywo.jpg

I wondered that myself. I also questioned how frequently these pictures were taken. Is it possible that she could have a black wool band around her ankle and she removed it @ bb but we just don't have a pic of that moment? Wool is typically very itchy so I could see me wanting to take off an ankle band that was itchy. Anyone remember how long they were @ BB? Now thinking about it, these bb pics only show them walking in and straight to a counter. No searching around for what videos they were wanting? Hmmm . . . . were their videos placed on reserve and they only had to ask for them? Not trying to go ot - just wondering how often these bb pics were snapped and how long was actually spent in the store to rule out if there was time to remove an ankle wrap without having a photo

Just posting a few thoughts in re. the black wool and blue cotton fibers that were found on Q62, Q63 & Q64 (the pieces of duct tape removed by the ME from Caylee's skull)

1. As Bond pointed out in his post #140, blue cotton is ubiquitous in clothing today. (e.g., blue jeans, blue t-shirts, blue cotton everywhere)

2. It is the black wool that is totally unique and totally piques my curiosity. So far, that black wool found on those 3 pieces of tape are the ONLY evidence of wool anywhere that I have been able to find. (That doesn't mean it doesn't exist somewhere, just that I haven't been able to find it in the docs...and God knows, I have searched. That does not mean I am giving up. ;) )

3. I have lived in the deep south all of my life and in FL for a few years. I can attest that unless one is a total masochist, you would not wear wool clothing of any color in Florida during June/July. So, for me, that rules out Casey's charcoal grey pants (that I am unaware of the fiber content, but pretty darn sure they weren't wool). Personal example for those who live in more northernly regions - About 10 years ago, I bought the cutest red wool coat from Talbots because....well, it was cute.
hmph-1.gif
In 10 years, I have worn it no more than 4 times during what were probably record breaking cold spells for our area. IOW, It was a total waste of a good bit of cash. :loser:

4. What is obvious from the evidence, is that the black wool came in contact with either Caylee's face and/or the duct tape. So either, something black wool was placed over Caylee's nose/mouth and transferred to the duct tape OR the duct tape was placed on something containing black wool fibers and they were transferred to Caylee's face.

5. Popular speculative theories about where the black wool may have originated from include:

a) the missing plaid blanket that CA testified usually stayed in a blue bin in the back of the Pontiac. It has not been seen again. No confirmation that it was a wool blanket, just speculation;
b) that it could have originated from the Pontiac carpet. However, research has shown us that most domestic cars contain carpet made of synthetic fibers, so this one I tend to doubt. Unless, someone can find proof to confirm that Pontiac Sunfires were manufactured containing carpet with black wool fibers.
c) the car seat - I have not seen any manufacturing specs, but black wool just doesn't seem like a likely fiber for a car seat to me.
d) the rug(s?) LE confiscated - I believe those fiber contents are probably in the docs somewhere, but I have not seen them (or if I have, did not make notes);
e) the 'sweatbands' that Snaz & wenwe alluded to in the Blockbuster pics. However, I am wondering if sweatbands would contain wool fibers :waitasec:

Please understand, I am not disregarding any of these by a long shot - I remain open-minded, I am only expressing my gut instincts.

6. Thoughts that have entered my mind while pondering this and just kind of talking out loud right now to see if anyone could help shed some light -

a) could the black wool have originated from some old item the Anthony's possessed from the days they lived in Ohio? (much colder climate) Like an old wool sock, scarf, etc...
b) is there any sort of black wool item that would be likely to be found in the garage....like near the duct tape, garbage bags, canvas laundry bag?

7. IF KC did use chloroform to sedate Caylee before applying the duct tape (and that is a big IF, because I need to study the chloroform threads in more depth, however I know the levels found were astronomical, so...) did she saturate an item of black wool and use that to apply it to her face?

Okay, I realize some of that is going out on a limb :poke:, but those are the thoughts that have occurred to me while I have pondered this black wool for far too many hours. If anyone can add to, refute, or just post an opinion on, please chime in!

Just posting a few thoughts in re. the black wool and blue cotton fibers that were found on Q62, Q63 & Q64 (the pieces of duct tape removed by the ME from Caylee's skull)

1. As Bond pointed out in his post #140, blue cotton is ubiquitous in clothing today. (e.g., blue jeans, blue t-shirts, blue cotton everywhere)

2. It is the black wool that is totally unique and totally piques my curiosity. So far, that black wool found on those 3 pieces of tape are the ONLY evidence of wool anywhere that I have been able to find. (That doesn't mean it doesn't exist somewhere, just that I haven't been able to find it in the docs...and God knows, I have searched. That does not me I am giving up. ;) )

3. I have lived in the deep south all of my life and in FL for a few years. I can attest that unless one is a total masochist, you would not wear wool clothing of any color in Florida during June/July. So, for me, that rules out Casey's charcoal grey pants (that I am unaware of the fiber content, but pretty darn sure they weren't wool). Personal example for those who live in more nothernly regions - About 10 years ago, I bought the cutest red wool coat from Talbots because....well, it was cute.
hmph-1.gif
In 10 years, I have worn it no more than 4 times during what were probably record breaking cold spells for our area. IOW, It was a total waste of a good bit of cash. :loser:

4. What is obvious from the evidence, is that the black wool came in contact with either Caylee's face and/or the duct tape. So either, something black wool was placed over Caylee's nose/mouth and transferred to the duct tape OR the duct tape was placed on something containing black wool fibers and they were transferred to Caylee's face.

5. Popular speculative theories about where the black wool may have originated from include:

a) the missing plaid blanket that CA testified usually stayed in a blue bin in the back of the Pontiac. It has not been seen again. No confirmation that it was a wool blanket, just speculation;
b) that it could have originated from the Pontiac carpet. However, research has shown us that most domestic cars contain carpet made of synthetic fibers, so this one I tend to doubt. Unless, someone can find proof to confirm that Pontiac Sunfires were manufactured containing carpet with black wool fibers.
c) the car seat - I have not seen any manufacturing specs, but black wool just doesn't seem like a likely fiber for a car seat to me.
d) the rug(s?) LE confiscated - I believe those fiber contents are probably in the docs somewhere, but I have not seen them (or if I have, did not make notes);
e) the 'sweatbands' that Snaz & wenwe alluded to in the Blockbuster pics. However, I am wondering if sweatbands would contain wool fibers :waitasec:

Please understand, I am not disregarding any of these by a long shot - I remain open-minded, I am only expressing my gut instincts.

6. Thoughts that have entered my mind while pondering this and just kind of talking out loud right now to see if anyone could help shed some light -

a) could the black wool have originated from some old item the Anthony's possessed from the days they lived in Ohio? (much colder climate) Like an old wool sock, scarf, etc...
b) is there any sort of black wool item that would be likely to be found in the garage....like near the duct tape, garbage bags, canvas laundry bag?

7. IF KC did use chloroform to sedate Caylee before applying the duct tape (and that is a big IF, because I need to study the chloroform threads in more depth, however I know the levels found were astronomical, so...) did she saturate an item of black wool and use that to apply it to her face?

Okay, I realize some of that is going out on a limb :poke:, but those are the thoughts that have occurred to me while I have pondered this black wool for far too many hours. If anyone can add to, refute, or just post an opinion on, please chime in!

This is awesome thinking, beach. ROFL at #3. It's so true, though. I'm from Louisiana, and the same rule applies there. And ooh, I like the thought of 6 - if it was something in the A garage, or from when they lived in Ohio, that would be awesome too. I can't think of anything wool kept in a garage unless they had some sort of clothes or blankets out there.

I don't think this is true, but are any scrunchies made out of wool? Probably not and why would those be sold in Florida? lol. The wool is killing me because you're right - wool and Florida don't belong in the same sentence. I really hope forensics is able to find something wool and match it, which would be another nail in Casey's coffin.

I just hope CA didn't think about this and get rid of any black wool items in that house. The fact that that blanket is missing is troublesome. I really hope it's something that can be directly tied to Casey. I bet she has no idea about fibers and how they can be tied to her. Forensics can do such amazing things these days!

This is awesome thinking, beach. ROFL at #3. It's so true, though. I'm from Louisiana, and the same rule applies there. And ooh, I like the thought of 6 - if it was something in the A garage, or from when they lived in Ohio, that would be awesome too. I can't think of anything wool kept in a garage unless they had some sort of clothes or blankets out there.

I don't think this is true, but are any scrunchies made out of wool? Probably not and why would those be sold in Florida? lol. The wool is killing me because you're right - wool and Florida don't belong in the same sentence. I really hope forensics is able to find something wool and match it, which would be another nail in Casey's coffin.

I just hope CA didn't think about this and get rid of any black wool items in that house. The fact that that blanket is missing is troublesome. I really hope it's something that can be directly tied to Casey. I bet she has no idea about fibers and how they can be tied to her. Forensics can do such amazing things these days!

I too am now completely obsessed with the wool! There is def nothing so far in the discovery, but here's what I'm hoping....that once the duct tape was examined and the wool fibres discovered that LE went back to the A home to look for woolen items which could possibly match and those results are yet to be published.

Also, question: is it possible that some pieces of particularly incriminating evidence are being held back for now? Because I'm sure that LE is as curious as we are about this missing link, and there's no sign in the docs of them examining a whole bunch of black woolen items taken from the home.

When we lived in Florida for a brief time, I was totally shocked at the people wearing wool and heavy clothing in 60 degree weather. I was wearing shorts, lol. Y'all call bushes " trees" and tomatoes in February, not right, just not right, lol.

Anyhow, our kids were small then and I suspect the wool fibers are from a stuffed toy/animal of Caylee's or it could have been one of ICAs from when she was a toddler. An eye, ear or trimmings from it. The fiber amounts are so small and were easily transferred to the duct tape without ICA noticing or caring. They could also be fibers from a ball cap. My boys only wear the wool ones, even in the heat of 90 degrees. We know ICA wore ball hats and the people she was acquainted with also wore them. Wonder if LE went back to TL and the rest of them to ask. Then there is JGs apt when she went to take a shower. These black fibers could have come from anyone or any where ICA had contact that day.

I have never been a follower of the chloroform theories. ICA using OTC meeds, yep that is the one I believe she followed religiously to quiet Caylee.

When we lived in Florida for a brief time, I was totally shocked at the people wearing wool and heavy clothing in 60 degree weather. I was wearing shorts, lol. Y'all call bushes " trees" and tomatoes in February, not right, just not right, lol.

Anyhow, our kids were small then and I suspect the wool fibers are from a stuffed toy/animal of Caylee's or it could have been one of ICAs from when she was a toddler. An eye, ear or trimmings from it. The fiber amounts are so small and were easily transferred to the duct tape without ICA noticing or caring. They could also be fibers from a ball cap. My boys only wear the wool ones, even in the heat of 90 degrees. We know ICA wore ball hats and the people she was acquainted with also wore them. Wonder if LE went back to TL and the rest of them to ask. Then there is JGs apt when she went to take a shower. These black fibers could have come from anyone or any where ICA had contact that day.

I have never been a follower of the chloroform theories. ICA using OTC meeds, yep that is the one I believe she followed religiously to quiet Caylee.

BBM

Baseball caps! Good one, countzero! :clap: You're right, she did wear those at times. That had not occurred to me at all.

oh, and despite that we have them - the tomatoes are blech in Feburary. lol They are rockin' fantastic right now though. ::drool:: Just bought some from the local farmer's market yesterday.

Throwing this out there as a possibility... What about a utility or garden glove that had a small portion made of wool? This is something that would be kept in the garage. This suggestion is for a post mortem application since I cannot see her taking the time to put gloves on for a pre-mortem application of duct tape. It is a stretch I know.....

Here is an example of one made of goat and sold at Ace Hardware. There is an Ace Hardware store 9 miles from the Anthony home.

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/snapon-goat-utility-glove-with-spandex-back-p-84719.html?ref=42

(note: I know wool comes from sheep but this came up when I googled wool garden gloves. LOL)

And not to be too nit picky BUT: wool comes in all types of weights! Remembering from WAY back in the dark ages, heck another century even, :banghead:(not so fondly!) the wesket, blazer and knife pleated plaid wool skirt worn ALL YEAR ROUND in a no way in God's green earth air-conditioned parochial :angel:coed :angel:high school during the hot, humid,muggy,buggy days of May and June (yeah, even New England can rival the tropics sometimes!). :dance:

Maybe those pants Casey wore to (huge snicker inserted here) work were all season wool blend?:waitasec:

I'm trying to imagine a world without black wool clothing - nope can't do it. I suppose I wear some weight of black wool close to 70% of the year. I have black wool pants ( and a color breakout! - grey) that are so fine they are lighter than cotton, and you can only tell they are wool by the way they drape. It is called summer wool.

But I digress! What about something as simple as those yarn cat toys? Or some kind of raggedy Ann toy? I understand you've been talking about ICA binding Caylee in the car, but what if it was in ICA's bedroom? There may have been any number of toys, etc on the bed that could have black fibres.

Don't believe even ICA would leave a murdered Caylee in her carseat and continue to drive around, if I am reading these posts correctly.

There would have been forensic evidence showing decomp on the carseat and to date we have not read any released docs stating this. Then add all the places she parked her vehicle, people would take note of a toddler in a locked empty vehicle and called LE immediately.

No, ICA committed the murder either in or near the A compound. The opportunity and items used and found were all available for coverup and disposal immediately after Caylee's final breath was taken.

Whether CA,GA and/or LA knew immediately or soon there after is where I sit on the fence.

Bringing my post from the duct tape thread here to merge some of my thoughts here too.

LG, I agree with ya. ICA could have had a simple transfer of the fibers from contact at any of the places she had been June 15-16, 08. And goodness knows, the A compound was full of stuffed animals and toys to fill an aisle the size of one in ToysRUs. Out of control purchases IMO. Anyhow, CA knew this and had more than ample time to clear out ones she suspected or knew about. I don't believe the story of a blanket missing from the Pontiac either. Knowing her ODC about being clean and her surroundings, she probably never looked in ICAs vehicle much less putting hands in it. Only time she did was July 15, 08 in order to continue the coverup for ICA. She was probably more pizzed that she had to touch the stuff in the vehicle than she was about Caylee missing.

I'm trying to imagine a world without black wool clothing - nope can't do it. I suppose I wear some weight of black wool close to 70% of the year. I have black wool pants ( and a color breakout! - grey) that are so fine they are lighter than cotton, and you can only tell they are wool by the way they drape. It is called summer wool.

But I digress! What about something as simple as those yarn cat toys? Or some kind of raggedy Ann toy? I understand you've been talking about ICA binding Caylee in the car, but what if it was in ICA's bedroom? There may have been any number of toys, etc on the bed that could have black fibres.

(note: I know wool comes from sheep but this came up when I googled wool garden gloves. LOL)

OT I know but I have to tell this story.....when my daughter was little we were riding out in the country and she was pointing out all the animals she saw. In a pasture a farmer was shearing sheep. She turns to me and says "Look mama, they're wooling a goat!"

Please forgive if this has been discussed already. Just watching JVM tonight and she was discussing Cindy and George on GMA this morn. One of her panel of guests was a homicide prosecutor (don't recall his name.) He made reference to the abundance of evidence, not only circumstantial, and in particular the fibers from a rug that had been in George's car/trunk with fibers that were linked to the crime scene. First time I'd heard that. Did anyone catch that?!

Please forgive if this has been discussed already. Just watching JVM tonight and she was discussing Cindy and George on GMA this morn. One of her panel of guests was a homicide prosecutor (don't recall his name.) He made reference to the abundance of evidence, not only circumstantial, and in particular the fibers from a rug that had been in George's car/trunk with fibers that were linked to the crime scene. First time I'd heard that. Did anyone catch that?!

I just heard that too! It's the first I have heard of this too.

I heard him say it as well, and this is the first time I've heard of this direct evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bands0408
Back