Fingerprints and gloves

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought too but then I heard how it said LA, CA, and GA's prints weren't on it so that left room for speculation about KC's. I figured if it said there were definitely no fingerprints there wouldn't be any room for speculation?

I could be wrong, but I thought the documents cleared CA, GA, LA of having fingerprints on the duct tape. It didn't mention KC finger prints at all. Which could mean that her fingerprints are on the duct tape. ((I hope they found her fingerprints on the duct tape))

i read the docs to mean NO latent prints at all. Then got confused after reading multiple posts saying those 3 ruled out but not KC. So went back and reread, several times, and still have to stick to NO latent prints available to do ANY comps to. If only.....but no such luck.

It is unclear whether LE are holding it back, due to on-going testing? I would suspect that there must have been prints on the duct tape to apply it, hard to do with gloves on. Also, to me, wearing gloves would be more of a cover-up act than a rage killing.

It is likely that the duct tape is so degraded that prints are lost, or may have been blurred due to the hair stuck on the tape. There could be more testing going on or, there must be prints/DNA elsewhere since there are so many dump site items. Some will naturally be there, some not.

Seems like there is no smoking gun, only 40+ coincidences and no other suspects other than the one indicted by the GJ and charged with Murder 1. KC is the luckiest and dumbest -- she has had a lot of breaks that imply doubt but conducted this heinous act with little thought or care.

I could be wrong, but I thought the documents cleared CA, GA, LA of having fingerprints on the duct tape. It didn't mention KC finger prints at all. Which could mean that her fingerprints are on the duct tape. ((I hope they found her fingerprints on the duct tape))

Yes, that is correct. It did say that the analysis excluded CA, GA, and LA, which leads me to believe there are fingerprints on something. I could not, however, say for certain that they were speaking of the duct tape on the mouth. I may have missed exactly what they were referring to, or it may not have been clear. Sorry, but I have read through so many things I feel like my eyes are bleeding. Someone else may be able to verify exactly what these prints were excluded from.

I wonder if there is DNA evidence on the duct tape - could there be saliva residue? Could there be a finger print on the sticker as opposed to the dict tape?

Once again were fired up due to the ambiguity of the report. You have to start thinking like a cop or an attorney. The report we saw from the FBI was a response to OSCO's request that they check the tape for latent prints from GA, CA and LA.

The FBI response to that says "there are no latent prints" but it's only in relation to the specific request. So when they say "there were no latent prints" it means "there were not latent prints from GA, CA or LA". It does not mean there are no latent prints on the tape at all. We may never see the report on KC's finger prints on the tape. Also could be that the tape was too far gone to retain the prints. Fear not, though, because even if the tape was too far gone to reveal a print, the plastic garbage bags were not!

The report we saw from the FBI was a response to OSCO's request that they check the tape for latent prints from GA, CA and LA.

The FBI response to that says "there are no latent prints" but it's only in relation to the specific request. So when they say "there were no latent prints" it means "there were not latent prints from GA, CA or LA".

OCSO requested that the FBI look for prints from anyone.

Attachments

• FBI lab request.jpg
    FBI lab request.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 96
My understanding is the report said there was no prints for GA, CA and LA. AFAIK, there is nothing that says there are no prints at all.

OCSO requested that the FBI look for prints from anyone.

I just read the FBI report again and you are correct. With the duct tape, they also sent along fingerprints from GA, CA and LA for comparison and rule out. They already had KC's finger prints. So reading the results with that in mind the statement of "The requested latent print examinations were conducted, but no latent prints were detected"

Guess the tape was too far gone. Like I said, at least we've got the bags, maybe the heart sticker.

i read the docs to mean NO latent prints at all. Then got confused after reading multiple posts saying those 3 ruled out but not KC. So went back and reread, several times, and still have to stick to NO latent prints available to do ANY comps to. If only.....but no such luck.

There are more type of prints besides latent prints. There are patent prints, partial prints, etc. I noticed they ONLY said latent prints and no other type. (that is an old LE wording method)

They have a method now called VMD which can even detect prints on things which have been submerged in water. It is used many times for working also with difficult surfaces such as garbage bags. I believe that is why it said sent for further processing. I believe the VMD was used, and if it was that Disney bag, the garbage bags, and most everything else can be printed.

Once again were fired up due to the ambiguity of the report. You have to start thinking like a cop or an attorney. The report we saw from the FBI was a response to OSCO's request that they check the tape for latent prints from GA, CA and LA.

The FBI response to that says "there are no latent prints" but it's only in relation to the specific request. So when they say "there were no latent prints" it means "there were not latent prints from GA, CA or LA". It does not mean there are no latent prints on the tape at all. We may never see the report on KC's finger prints on the tape. Also could be that the tape was too far gone to retain the prints. Fear not, though, because even if the tape was too far gone to reveal a print, the plastic garbage bags were not!

I love your faith! :blowkiss:

There are more type of prints besides latent prints. There are patent prints, partial prints, etc. I noticed they ONLY said latent prints and no other type. (that is an old LE wording method)

They have a method now called VMD which can even detect prints on things which have been submerged in water. It is used many times for working also with difficult surfaces such as garbage bags. I believe that is why it said sent for further processing. I believe the VMD was used, and if it was that Disney bag, the garbage bags, and most everything else can be printed.

I PRAY you are correct! Hi turbo!:)

I hope there are fingerprints on something. I just want to see, what kind of story the defense will come up with and still trying to convince people KC is innocent. It would just be the icing on the cake. :)

The attached report from the FBI does not look like a report in which the 3 were excluded from any other found fingerprints. There would be a mention that latent prints were found, and that the 3 were excluded as being the source because of xyz technical reasons. Instead, it reads exactly as it would if no prints were found whatsoever. There is no need to explain why the 3 family member copies don't match other found prints - because no prints were found at all.

Attachments

• tape prints.jpg
    tape prints.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 54
As a nurse ... I can tell you that with, surgical gloves, it is VERY hard to work with any kind of tape! Duct tape would probably end up tearing the glove, leaving pieces of the glove stuck to the adhesive ... this happens even sometimes with Transpore tape ... and the adhesive is not nearly as strong!! Usually, I end up stripping off my gloves to do any type of bandaging so that I can actually complete the task! With CA being a nurse I was surprised that latex/non-latex surgical type gloves were not found at (taken from) the home! I have a box of gloves and most nurses that I know have gloves in their home. But it seems like I remember that kitchen (Platex) gloves were found somewhere ... those type of gloves would probably not tear ... does anyone remember if any type of gloves were found? If so, then I imagine that some of the tape residue might have been deposited onto the gloves ...

I'm not sure I agree. A latent print can be partial. According to this source, a latent print is any print left accidentally, as opposed to a print made intentionally, as in when a suspect is fingerprinted. A patent print is one that is visible to the naked eye.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingerprint

Latent prints

Although the word latent means hidden or invisible, in modern usage for forensic science the term latent prints means any chance of accidental impression left by friction ridge skin on a surface, regardless of whether it is visible or invisible at the time of deposition. Electronic, chemical and physical processing techniques permit visualization of invisible latent print residue whether they are from natural secretions of the eccrine glands present on friction ridge skin (which produce palmar sweat, consisting primarily of water with various salts and organic compounds in solution), or whether the impression is in a contaminant such as motor oil, blood, paint, ink, etc.
Latent prints may exhibit only a small portion of the surface of the finger and may be smudged, distorted, overlapping, or any combination, depending on how they were deposited. For these reasons, latent prints are an “inevitable source of error in making comparisons,” as they generally “contain less clarity, less content, and less undistorted information than a fingerprint taken under controlled conditions, and much, much less detail compared to the actual patterns of ridges and grooves of a finger.”

Patent prints

These are friction ridge impressions of unknown origins which are obvious to the human eye and are caused by a transfer of foreign material on the finger, onto a surface. Because they are already visible they need no enhancement, and are generally photographed instead of being lifted in the same manner as latent prints.[citation needed] Finger deposits can include materials such as ink, dirt, or blood onto a surface.

I don't think LE found any prints on the duct tape.

I'm hoping they find prints on the contents of the Disney bag and the outside of the gatorade bottle. I'm also hoping that they find KC's DNA at the crime scene as well. There's no telling what they may find inside the vacuum cleaners and steam cleaners that LE confiscated from the A's home. Even though CA may have changed the bags on the cleaners since 6/08, it's what's inside of the roller brushes and up inside of the hoses that could be damning.

I'm hoping they find prints on the contents of the Disney bag and the outside of the gatorade bottle. I'm also hoping that they find KC's DNA at the crime scene as well. There's no telling what they may find inside the vacuum cleaners and steam cleaners that LE confiscated from the A's home. Even though CA may have changed the bags on the cleaners since 6/08, it's what's inside of the roller brushes and up inside of the hoses that could be damning.

I'm curious, debbie. What do you think could be found in the roller brushes, etc. that would further incriminate Casey?

According to Blink's response of her source, she says, "prints were found, partial in more than one place! I'm putting my money on her.

I'm curious, debbie. What do you think could be found in the roller brushes, etc. that would further incriminate Casey?

Exactly ... one would expect to find evidence of casey and caylee on the roller brushes/bag ... UNLESS ... casey tracked leaves and debris into her car (later vacuuming it up) from the disposal site and the forensics could prove that this particular debris came from ONLY the wooded area ... my guess is that the house is too close to the proximity of the area where remains were found to differentiate between the two ... JMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx