Fire Update Information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll read it. But after all you've done for us in terms of keeping us informed, I didn't want you think we just ignored your request.

(I did notice, however, that you ignored my request that you come get your smoke and take it back to the coast. I can only assume you are on your way. :D)
I do appreciate the help Nova I really do. I make myself pretty hard to ignore.:innocent:

Regarding the smoke it is your own dang fault. Wasn't it just yesterday you said that it was "sunny and clear" in your area? Obviously you failed to knock on wood.:D

I do appreciate the help Nova I really do. I make myself pretty hard to ignore.:innocent:

Regarding the smoke it is your own dang fault. Wasn't it just yesterday you said that it was "sunny and clear" in your area? Obviously you failed to knock on wood.:D

J, I'm just narcissistic enough to believe EVERYTHING is my fault!

You're not helping.

California nuclear reactors not in fire danger

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Southern California wildfires moved closer on Wednesday to two nuclear reactors at the giant San Onofre electrical plant in San Diego County, but were not seen threatening operations, officials said.
"The fire does not pose a threat to the plant itself," said Gil Alexander, spokesman for Southern California Edison. Separately, officials from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission confirmed Alexander's assessment.
The fires raging in northern San Diego County on a U.S. Marine base were about a mile from the inland edge of the San Onofre complex but were still several miles from the reactors.
But even if flames approach the reactors, there is little danger a blaze will reach them because they are surrounded by acres of concrete, officials said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2451292420071024

All right who change the thread Title:p
Jbean thanks for the info on the reactors. I really did not want to think what would happen. Even with the acres of cement I was afraid of flying embers as bad as the wind has been.

4 Bodies Found In east County

Four badly burned bodies have been found in a burned out rocky canyon near state Route 94 and Highway 188 just west of Potrero.

Law enforcement officials are at the scene and are trying to figure out the logistics of how to get down a very steep canyon wall.

A Border Patrol driving by saw one of the bodies on the canyon slope about 3:30 a.m. When he stopped to investigate he saw the other bodies about 75 to 100 yards down at the bottom of the deep ravine.

Two Border Patrol agents with a cadaver dog are sweeping the canyon right now to make sure there are no other bodies in the area.

The fire apparently just overtook the people, said Sheriff's Lt. Dave Myers.
"It's indicative of the extreme speed and intensity of the fire, " he said.

http://sosdfireblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/4-bodies-found-in-east-county.html

4 Bodies Found In east County...

This is terrible news and, I fear, not the last mortalities that will be found.

But I am reminded of the week of the Northridge quake, when the 60 deaths that week, mostly attributed to the temblor, were actually far fewer than the death toll from homicides in a normal week. Let's hope the same is true for San Diego this week.

This is terrible news and, I fear, not the last mortalities that will be found.

But I am reminded of the week of the Northridge quake, when the 60 deaths that week, mostly attributed to the temblor, were actually far fewer than the death toll from homicides in a normal week. Let's hope the same is true for San Diego this week.
Fewer would be good. I have to say, the limited loss of life to date is pretty good. I know we don't have the full scope..but so far anyway..

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20071025-1732-bn25chargers.html
Sanders: Chargers can play at the Q, decision is theirs

By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

5:32 p.m. October 25, 2007

Whether the Chargers host the Houston Texans this weekend at Qualcomm Stadium is up to them, Mayor Jerry Sanders said Thursday afternoon.

“Should they decide to play in San Diego, the stadium will be ready on Sunday,” said Fred Sainz, the mayor's spokesman. “It's their decision to play in San Diego or not.”
The Chargers had no comment as of 5:20 p.m. but could have one later, spokesman Bill Johnston said.
Earlier Thursday, Chargers officials were optimistic the game would be played in San Diego, perhaps on Monday night.
In Houston earlier Thursday, Texans coach Gary Kubiak said he didn't know anything for sure, “But the indications to us were that we were going to play on Monday night in San Diego. That's the last thing I've been told.”
The Chargers had been deferring to Sanders until the mayor's statements around 5 p.m.
t.gif

A decision by the Chargers would bring to a close a week of uncertainty that saw the team leave Tuesday for Arizona with the idea they might remain on the road for a game

Firefighters are massing in Silverado Canyon... - 4:13 p.m. ...at the fourth mile of the five-mile-long stretch of the canyon, preparing for where the fire might come should it leap from the ridge above Bear Flats canyon where it is currently burning. Homes in the Cabin Land, Shadybrook and Wildcat areas seem to be safe from the flames for now.

www.ocregister.com

Qualcomm evacuees to be out by noon tomorrow. They will relocate to del Mar fairgrounds

Pendleton blaze should be contained by Sunday
6:01 p.m. October 25, 2007

Firefighters should have the worst blaze ever on Camp Pendleton fully contained by the end of the weekend, base officials said Thursday, but not before it burns some 20,000 acres. The fire charred at least 18,000 acres, knocked out power to a huge housing area and came within feet of destroying a barracks under construction and a Naval Criminal Investigative Service office, officials said.

Heat from the flames blistered a unit sign at the 1st Marine Regiment complex.
But base firefighters – with substantial help from local and state strike teams – said yesterday that the Horno fire was 45 percent contained and that two smaller fires were under full control.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20071025-1801-bn25horno.html

Thanks for the updates, JBean.

There are still a few die-hard Texan fans around here. Go easy on them. :crazy:

Thanks for the updates, JBean.

There are still a few die-hard Texan fans around here. Go easy on them. :crazy:
yw and I cannot make any promises.:p

Arson investigators homed in today on two spots... - 6:13 p.m. ...where the 23,000-acre Santiago Canyon fire was set, changing their theory that the blaze was ignited in three areas. A liquid was used to light the fire along Santiago Canyon Road in two separate points. The fluid flowed along a channel to a third location, giving the appearance that there were three ignition spots.
www.ocregister.com

Investigation shows how arsonist caused fire

Arson investigators homed in today on two spots where the 25,000-acre Santiago Canyon fire was set, changing their theory that the blaze was ignited in three areas.
A liquid was used to light the fire along Santiago Canyon Road in two separate points. The fluid flowed along a channel to a third location, giving the appearance that there were three ignition spots.
At a news conference today, federal and local investigators said they had recovered evidence from the V-shaped canyon hollow where the fire started and had interviewed more than one person in the investigation, but had no suspects. They also offered $150,000 for information leading to the arrest of anyone responsible,
Orange County Sheriff Mike Carona said authorities had received 250 tips.
"If we're going to find the individual or individuals, it is going to be by a clue from the public," Carona said.
Agents from the FBI and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms said they were taking a supporting role in the investigation lead by the Orange County Fire Authority.At the point of origin, investigators placed red, yellow and blue flags to mark the fires path, concentrating on a sloped area about 50 feet from the roadway.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/fire-investigators-canyon-1910216-carona-county

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back