First-Hand Impressions / WS Meetup

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another cut through from Lochmere to Holly Springs Road and I think it is Laura
Duncan. Is anyone aware of this route?

I believe it is the road that goes beside the pool. I had mentioned this before. If one
takes Laura Duncan to Holly Springs Road and makes a left, it is less that a quarter
of a mile to the entrance of the subdivision where NC was found. For that short
distance, I checked the road and there was plenty of room to jog long enough to get to
Fielding. There would be close to no traffic at 6:00-7:00am. Did anyone post this yet?

If one
takes [Lily Atkins] to Holly Springs Road and makes a left, it is less that a quarter
of a mile to the entrance of the subdivision where NC was found. For that short
distance, I checked the road and there was plenty of room to jog long enough to get to
Fielding. There would be close to no traffic at 6:00-7:00am. Did anyone post this yet?

It's been explored a bit I think, but it's a good point. Even with that short stretch on Holly Springs, I think it's still somewhat "awkward" for a runner to bother with, given the amount of greenways and trails otherwise accessible and in other directions.

Unless someone just WANTED to check out that new subdivision while on the run (certainly possible), it wouldn't be "preferred" to spend any time on HS road (no sidewalk, tight shoulder, fast traffic, bumpy grass).

Indeed, maybe NC just wanted to change her route on that particular day, or check out the new subdivision, but on face value, that would seem a bit unusual.

SNIP

And to address an earlier comment regarding BC not having to deal with NC's parents if her body is found and buried, how would he no longer have contact with the grandparents of his children? As is stands, if he's not arrested, not convicted he'll certainly have to have contact with the Rentz family because of the girls.
Of course and as always, JMO.
Since he's the sole surviving parent, if her body was found, she was buried (as she was) and if he managed NOT to become suspect number one, or not arrested/convicted he would/will have the say whether the girls saw their grandparents or not. If he so chose, he'd never have to have contact with Nancy's family ever again.

I can't see the court withholding custody of the girls from him IF he's not the one who did this and it's proved that he didn't. Granted I could see the court having him checked out before they gave him custody back.

Not so, in the state of NC, in many states now the grandparents can file a court order for visitation rights. This would be assuming that BC would have the courts grant custody back to him. The Rentzes have a legal right to file for visitation. They need only prove that their absence from the girls lives could do harm to their happiness and well being.

well, checking your posting history (a great feature BTW) it's not readily findable in the first 2 pages, which go past yesterday when I asked this.

Looks like I have to do some sleuthing of my own to find it.

Is there one thread "Just the Known Facts" around here? I see links and legal docs.

well, checking your posting history (a great feature BTW) it's not readily findable in the first 2 pages, which go past yesterday when I asked this.

Looks like I have to do some sleuthing of my own to find it.

Is there one thread "Just the Known Facts" around here? I see links and legal docs.

It is a great feature.

Here's the almanac data from RDU airport on 7/12/08. It should be fairly close (difference of a degree or two perhaps) to conditions in Cary.

now see - as to the "how light was it" question, someone (mt3?) actually went out there now and found there was plenty of natural light and/or an operable street light.

It's that jumping on a rumor/wild-assed guess that drives me nutso and apparently some others. Hey, I don't own this joint it just seems with as much time as some people spend on the case you'd spend the time ponder--->research--->post instead of just ponder--->post.

I never did find your post raisin...must be in 14 which is 2 threads ago.

Is there a "just the known facts" thread?

now see - as to the "how light was it" question, someone (mt3?) actually went out there now and found there was plenty of natural light and/or an operable street light.

It's that jumping on a rumor/wild-assed guess that drives me nutso and apparently some others. Hey, I don't own this joint it just seems with as much time as some people spend on the case you'd spend the time ponder--->research--->post instead of just ponder--->post.

I don't see a Just Known Facts thread even on page 2.

I agree, research is a good thing.

Not so, in the state of NC, in many states now the grandparents can file a court order for visitation rights. This would be assuming that BC would have the courts grant custody back to him. The Rentzes have a legal right to file for visitation. They need only prove that their absence from the girls lives could do harm to their happiness and well being.
True, but often there are those who ignore court orders and move from the jurisdiction of the court to another state or another country without notifying either the court or the grandparents. There are also many cases where grandparents file, but do not get awarded visitation.

Presumably if he is given custody back the court will award the grandparents visitation in this case. But that doesn't mean Brad will/would comply.

Did you see the post above yours? I posted a link to the data.

True, but often there are those who ignore court orders and move from the jurisdiction of the court to another state or another country without notifying either the court or the grandparents. There are also many cases where grandparents file, but do not get awarded visitation.

Presumably if he is given custody back the court will award the grandparents visitation in this case. But that doesn't mean Brad will/would comply.

No, he certainly doesn't seem like a person who complies.

I missed out onthe first meet up - moving my daughter. When is the next one planned? I don't wanna miss it!!!

Photos from our tour this morning:

http://tinyurl.com/6qzlwj

Hi there ... I haven't had a chance to post or read much lately so I am way behind but thank you so much for those of you who went there and for taking and posting these pictures.

It seems like the area there would be full of dirt, weeds, small rocks and possibly mud.

If Brad -- or let's say the "perpetrator" -- went there and "dropped" Nancy's body off, she probably wasn't just "pushed" out of the car.

Were the mud prints in the car, on the car mats, in the house anywhere? Any shoe prints near the crime area??

just wondering if there are any traces found on any potential suspects clothing, shoes or in their car that could be associated with the area in which Nancy was found?

Hi there ... I haven't had a chance to post or read much lately so I am way behind but thank you so much for those of you who went there and for taking and posting these pictures.

It seems like the area there would be full of dirt, weeds, small rocks and possibly mud.

If Brad -- or let's say the "perpetrator" -- went there and "dropped" Nancy's body off, she probably wasn't just "pushed" out of the car.

Were the mud prints in the car, on the car mats, in the house anywhere? Any shoe prints near the crime area??

just wondering if there are any traces found on any potential suspects clothing, shoes or in their car that could be associated with the area in which Nancy was found?

I have not heard of any of that kind of info being released but I do know from the photos in the N&O, the investigators were certainly interested in the under carriage of the vehicle in the driveway - especially the front area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member