First-Hand Impressions / WS Meetup

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto! I'd like to meet more sleuthers too! Please let me know if there are any more meetups planned.

I'm game anytime! I went to the last one and was thrilled to meet such wonderful, smart people. So count me in. :)

Well then how about 9 am on Aug 16th at the same place? Is that date ok with everyone?

Good morning, everyone --
Just wanted to share some observations from an early trip to Cary this a.m. Not that this will be a surprise to anyone who lives in that area because it's been mentioned before. But, this morning I was traveling home from work and as I passed by Tryon Road I noticed that the time was 6:45 a.m. I took the exit and traveled to BC/NC's residence to see exactly what the neighborhood was like at that time of morning on a Saturday. As I drove down Lochmere Drive at 6:50 a.m, I was surprised to note that I saw only two walkers and one runner. One vehicle was traveling the opposite direction from me. I drove down Wallsburg Court and noted that at the end of most driveways in that cul-de-sac were what appeared to be the morning newspapers wrapped in their plastic bag. One gentleman in this cul-de-sac came out as I was there to retrieve his newspaper. I left Wallsburg Court and took a left on Lochmere Drive to Cary Parkway, turned right and traveled to Holly Springs Road where I took a right and traveled to Fielding Court and back through that area. My observations, Cary Parkway, surprisingly, had very little foot and vehicular traffic in the distance I traveled down it, which I estimate to be approximately a mile. I saw one walker and one runner on Cary Parkway. When I turned onto Holly Springs Road, there was steady vehicular traffic -- bunched up one time due to a slow driver, but fairly consistent with one or two cars driving the opposite direction from me. I saw no runners or walkers on Holly Springs Road. On Fielding Drive, there was no activity as I drove back to the end of this area. No activity was noted back at the construction trailer or in any of the houses being built. As I exited Fielding Drive, I encountered one walker on Fielding Drive. I turned left onto Holly Springs Road, right onto Lily Atkins Road and back to Lochmere Drive. The time was approximately 7:05 am. I encountered zero cars or walkers/runners on Lily Atkins Road. As I passed by Lochmere Swim & Tennis Club, I noted that there were four, maybe five, police officers in the parking area at that location. I could clearly see two people w/blue t-shirts on that had CARY POLICE written in white on the back. I saw one officer, maybe two, that were in uniform. And one gentleman standing by a Crown Vic-type vehicle who looked like a detective in his white long-sleeved shirt, red tie and gun on his hip. They were standing in a circle talking. I drove back down Lochmere Drive and at that time there was significantly more traffic, on foot and in cars. The same was true for Cary Parkway and Kildaire Farm Road. For those unfamiliar with the area, Lochmere Drive, Cary Parkway and Kildaire Farm Road have jogger/walker friendly sidewalks/paths. Holly Springs Road does not. Lily Atkins Road has wide lanes but no sidewalks or marked jogging/walking lanes. What struck me was that if NC did leave her house and go running at 7 a.m. that morning, there would be a very, very small window of opportunity for someone to abduct her without being seen. If she ran down Holly Springs Road, and from what I understand this was not her usual path, someone should have seen something. I understand that folks training for any type of marathon keep to a specific training goal so it would seem that she would not vary from a known route for that goal. But, if she did, and she went down Holly Springs Road, that was the busiest road vehicle-wise. If a car hit her on that road, I can't see how they moved her body without being seen themselves. And, of course, I do realize that what I saw this morning may or may not have been the situation that Saturday morning. I really rode through the area with the thought process of how someone could grab another person and not be seen -- I have no experience in that area but my feeling was that you'd either have to be very lucky or have help. Just my opinion. I would encourage those of you in the area to go out next Saturday and drive around a little before and after 7 a.m. and see what you think

Good morning, everyone --

Thanks for the post and relay of information from your morning drive... great observations!

Zoe said:
...As I passed by Lochmere Swim & Tennis Club, I noted that there were four, maybe five, police officers in the parking area at that location. I could clearly see two people w/blue t-shirts on that had CARY POLICE written in white on the back. I saw one officer, maybe two, that were in uniform. And one gentleman standing by a Crown Vic-type vehicle who looked like a detective in his white long-sleeved shirt, red tie and gun on his hip. They were standing in a circle talking. ...

Not sure exactly what to make of the above... did it look like they might be getting ready to pass out flyers again? Or.... something else?

Thanks for the post and relay of information from your morning drive... great observations!

Not sure exactly what to make of the above... did it look like they might be getting ready to pass out flyers again? Or.... something else?

I can't really say -- maybe someone who lives in the area will know more later this morning. If I had to guess, I'd say it was another canvass-type situation since I did not see a crime scene vehicle. But, that's just speculation.

I'm not too sure about y'all posting the time/location of the meet -- well unless the chance of having another local.... coughbradcough... show up wouldn't be minded!! But tell ya what if I wasn't on the opposite side of our fair state, I'd be there for sure!!

I'm not too sure about y'all posting the time/location of the meet -- well unless the chance of having another local.... coughbradcough... show up wouldn't be minded!! But tell ya what if I wasn't on the opposite side of our fair state, I'd be there for sure!!

Oh come on. Make a short weekend getaway of it. I'll be glad to suggest hotels, restaurants, etc. if you'd like to stay over Sat night. We'd love to have you. Oh and I doubt very highly Brad will be joining us LOL. Besides I know too many people in LE to not have us a little protection around if ya' know what I mean :) PS I know you were joking about Brad.. lol

Well, if someone comes and says they're 'fran,' it's not me! :eek: so they would be an imposter!

I'd come except if I drove it would take me awhile to get there!

Hey, IF you post the meeting place, look around you that day and see IF anyone is taking your picture. LOL, I kid you not. In the Holloway case they were taking pictures of the posters BOYCOTTING Aruba at trade shows! ;)

Have fun!
fran

Oh come on. Make a short weekend getaway of it. I'll be glad to suggest hotels, restaurants, etc. if you'd like to stay over Sat night. We'd love to have you. Oh and I doubt very highly Brad will be joining us LOL. Besides I know too many people in LE to not have us a little protection around if ya' know what I mean :) PS I know you were joking about Brad.. lol

Awwww that is so sweet :blowkiss:!! Tell ya what, if I didn't have 31 cats (and one wolf) to tend to I might just have taken you up on it! I really liked what I got to see of Cary, and when my son was at State he went down there for most things (shopping, etc) instead of staying in Raleigh or esp going into Durham :eek: And YES! LoL I was Totally kidding about coughbradcough!!

Hi All,

I'm planning to be there tomorrow...is a get together still planned? For security purposes if someone could PM me and let me know exactly when and where that would be great.

Hi All,

I'm planning to be there tomorrow...is a get together still planned? For security purposes if someone could PM me and let me know exactly when and where that would be great.

Hey - check PM's please :)

got it! I'm looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting others for the 1st time! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore