FL- 12 Story Condo Partial Building Collapse, many still unaccounted for, Miami, 24 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like two survivors were in the hallway barely out of their apt when the collapse happened. The husband/father didn't manage to get out and is still missing.

Mother, daughter ‘should not be alive’ after condo collapse

“In the middle of the night, my daughter woke up because she heard a strange noise, and when she woke up, the building was shaking,” said Angela Gonzalez's mother, Kathleen Gonzalez.

“She started screaming for them to get up and get out, and she just ran with her daughter, pulled her daughter by her arm, when they got out the front door, they didn't even go five feet, and it fell down to one floor below,” she said.

Angela and Deven were separated, and as Deven screamed for her mother, Angela “crawled over and put her body on top of my granddaughter and they fell again all the way down to the third floor,” Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez said Angela’s pelvis was smashed and she suffered a collapsed lung, injuries to her spine and needed hip surgery.

Her granddaughter’s femur was broken and a piece of metal pierced her skull.

It looks like two survivors were in the hallway barely out of their apt when the collapse happened. The husband/father didn't manage to get out and is still missing.

“In the middle of the night, my daughter woke up because she heard a strange noise, and when she woke up, the building was shaking,” said Angela Gonzalez's mother, Kathleen Gonzalez.

“She started screaming for them to get up and get out, and she just ran with her daughter, pulled her daughter by her arm, when they got out the front door, they didn't even go five feet, and it fell down to one floor below,” she said.

Angela and Deven were separated, and as Deven screamed for her mother, Angela “crawled over and put her body on top of my granddaughter and they fell again all the way down to the third floor,” Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez said Angela’s pelvis was smashed and she suffered a collapsed lung, injuries to her spine and needed hip surgery.

When I read this I gasped- There are no words for someone to have experienced that and lived through it- thank goodness they survived, but OMG---

That family has some stars aligned to even be alive. Sad dad hasn't been found, yet.

This was one of the original articles on the family that goes into Angela was worried about missing a volleyball tournament, and who's cat was just found (go up a few posts on last page for that story). Florida condo collapse: 16-year-old survivor was conscious after falling 'several stories' . Within this original article is information on how to keep updated on their progress (think against TOS to pull out and link directly) and where to send letters/cards etc.

That family has some stars aligned to even be alive. Sad dad hasn't been found, yet.

This was one of the original articles on the family that goes into Angela was worried about missing a volleyball tournament, and who's cat was just found (go up a few posts on last page for that story). Florida condo collapse: 16-year-old survivor was conscious after falling 'several stories' . Within this original article is information on how to keep updated on their progress (think against TOS to pull out and link directly) and where to send letters/cards etc.

Deven remembers everything vividly and has nightmares--- I can't even imagine----

Deven remembers everything vividly and has nightmares--- I can't even imagine----

I cannot fathom. Prime candidate/conditions I would think for PTSD therapy. I cannot fathom the PTSD that so many will have, yet hers is off the charts as to her and her daughter's experience. And to think of the countries who have buildings/implosions/deaths are not that rare.... and why the Israeli team is so experienced with dealing with such.... MOO

View attachment 304181 Thank you so much for everything that has been posted from all of our members! I always come here to check on updates. I have a question and apologize if it’s been asked and I missed it. I was curious to know what the area is that I circled in red is on condo. I know the area to right is bedrooms that had been sheared off but wondering if the circled area was the common hallway or another part of apartments. Thank you!

Behind that wall are the elevator and stairwell.

Identifying The Dead From Surfside Condo Collapse Is Burdensome, Time-Consuming Task

The medical examiner has honored the wishes of some relatives not to perform autopsies, which are not mandatory unless there is a criminal investigation. They are forbidden in Jewish tradition on the grounds that the body must not be violated after death.

More on respecting the Jewish traditions in this case:
Keeping the faith: Jewish traditions of condo collapse victims honored

“So the very basic thing when it comes to these variables are the three basic things. The first thing is bury the body as soon as possible. The second thing is to bury the body in its entirety. And the third thing is to avoid autopsies whenever possible.”

Imo autopsies would not be necessary as the cause of death is obvious. Not sure if it will result in criminal charges, a grand jury is to be seated.

Curt Anderson
@Miamicurt

1m

Miami-Dade mayor says confirmed deaths now 86 at collapse of Surfside condo building.

CBS News
@CBSNews

The death toll in the Surfside condo collapse has increased to 86 as officials work to identify victims. 43 people remain potentially unaccounted for https://cbsn.ws/36pglah

CBS News
@CBSNews

Surfside officials say they are expecting bad weather throughout Saturday, but that their recovery work on the collapsed condo building will continue “as long as it is safe for the responders” https://cbsn.ws/36pglah

Last edited:
Florida Condo Collapse: Paraguay First Lady's Sister, Brother-in-Law and Their Youngest Child Found at Site
''Paraguay First Lady's Family Found at the Site of Florida Condo Collapse
The discovery was confirmed by Paraguay foreign Minister Euclides Acevedo. Despite the discovery of Moreira's three kin, two other children of the couple remain among the missing individuals, according to a New York Post report. Details regarding the age of the children were not provided by the authorities.''

''Apart from the two other children who were still missing, the family's nanny identified as Leidy Luna Villalba was also missing. The 23-year-old nanny reportedly have never left her small town in Paraguay until she moved to the area of the Florida condo collapse to take the job with Moreira's family.''

Oh yeah, that makes me wonder if the gas tanks were crushed and the gas leaked into the ground, thus the ground water? Eeeekkkk! I wonder what kind of remediation is possible in that situation, or, if like an old gas station, it can ever be used again due to the danger / contamination.

In The video that somebody posted a few pages back showing the garages, I also noticed a couple of Teslas. That opens a whole new ball of wax. They have massive batteries which store a great deal of energy. I’m no expert, but I imagine if the battery housing is breached, it is a huge fire risk. Kind of like the same reason you can’t bring lithium ion batteries in your checked luggage on an airplane.

Awaiting news, families of condo victims bond together (clickondetroit.com)

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – At the Seaview Hotel, a vast and once impersonal ballroom has become a refuge — a shared space of hope and sorrow where grieving families comfort each other during the agonizing wait for news of relatives trapped inside a collapsed Miami condo building.

Twice a day, every day, for more than two weeks, relatives of the 86 who perished and 43 still missing have huddled in the spacious room, a new daily routine thrust upon them by an unfathomable disaster.

On Saturday, authorities raised the confirmed death toll from the collapse of the Champlain Towers South condominium building in Surfside to 86, with 43 people still missing.

Many members of this tiny community forged in tragedy have started arriving to the meetings early and staying late. They linger in small groups, talking. They hug each other, bring each other water and tissues. On days when information is scarce, rescuers, including those from other countries, circulate through the room, offering more detailed tidbits...

It appears that the controlled demo of the remaining still-standing structure really sped the recovery efforts. I wonder if more survivors would have been discovered if that demo had been planned days earlier. Maybe they can use what they've learned for the next building collapse

It appears that the controlled demo of the remaining still-standing structure really sped the recovery efforts. I wonder if more survivors would have been discovered if that demo had been planned days earlier. Maybe they can use what they've learned for the next building collapse
IIRC the Miami-Dade county mayor Daniella Levine Cava said at a press conference (I think yesterday) that they weren't aware of the possibility for a rapid demolition until very recently. In one of the earlier pressers they said it would take weeks to bring the remaining part of the building down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx