FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike other cases, there is absolutely no doubt what happened to Trayvon. There's no doubt about who killed him.

Questioning the actions of his father, mother, girlfriend, best friend, grandma or anyone else does nothing. There is no one else to cast doubt, no one else to blame.

You don't know whether or not she told her parents, but what could they have done? He was dead less than ONE MINUTE after she got off the phone with him. She is just now being made known to the public, and we don't know the reasons for that.

One reason she did not come out right away was she was so traumatized after learning of Trayvon's death that she had to be hospitalized and was even unable to attend his funeral.

I'm sure her parents were/are very concerned about her and are rightly limiting the public comments now. I'm pretty sure she will appear for any LE interviews or court appearances as needed since she will also want justice for Trayvon...

Unlike other cases, there is absolutely no doubt what happened to Trayvon. There's no doubt about who killed him.

Questioning the actions of his father, mother, girlfriend, best friend, grandma or anyone else does nothing. There is no one else to cast doubt, no one else to blame.

You don't know whether or not she told her parents, but what could they have done? He was dead less than ONE MINUTE after she got off the phone with him. She is just now being made known to the public, and we don't know the reasons for that.

It is true we know who shot him but honestly IMO enough information has not been made public for ME to say I know enough about what happened. I am not blaming anyone, as a human being and a mom and also a grandmother I just do not understand how if in fact she heard him being menaced she did not call 911.Taking to the streets will only cause more heartaches for more families if crowds get violent more people will die.How does that help get to the truth?I really am trying to understand not trying to be a troublemaker.

You be the judge:

images

That statement is more than pushing it...I can't think of the right word to describe what it is though...
You're right. "Totally absurd" would be a better descriptor of that statement, especially looking at the pics. Guess I'm in a charitable mood today...

I do not think they would have gotten into a fight if Z has his gun drawn.
That said, Z also knew Tray did not have a gun or the fight would not have occurred. The drawing of gun was after the fight IMO.

Because of the profession I was in I actually was trained to deal with someone pulling a gun on me. What I was taught is if you are being held up inside a business for money, give them the money and let them leave. If you are accosted alone at gunpoint it's personal and they want to harm you and your odds of surviving are better if you run. You might end up with a wound but if they take you away from the scene or if you stay the odds are you will end up dead. A moving target is harder to hit than one sitting still.

Now because of my training I've asked alot of people over the years if they were alone and someone held a gun on them what would they do. Almost everyone has said they would stay and fight or talk their way out of it. When I asked why they said because they were afraid of getting shot if they ran. This and the fact that it appears Trayvon was begging for his life is why I feel that Trayvon didn't run because he had a gun pulled on him.

What makes a neighborhood white?

Same type of language that fed into this situation.

All my neighbors are white. I guess I don't understand your question. There are no black people who live within my HMO. Seems self-explanatory to me.

I believe she was on the phone ,but if she could tell he was in a bad situation why she did not call his family or 911?Someone posted a link earlier today saying the family just found out she had been on the phone.

In this day and age it is entirely possible that she ONLY had Trayvons phone number, I can relate to this since ours is a family of individual cell phones we do not have a home phone and most of my kids friends would NOT have my cell phone number to call me on....

By going through Trayvon's phone and calling someone. And I don't think LE needed a warrant to do that either. Cops go through phones all the time to make ID's and notify someone.

I wonder if the phone broke when it hit the ground.

I may be mistaken....but when I saw a screen shot of her phone call log.....I am almost positive that there WAS a call immediately to 911 shown on the phone screen. It was a picture in a report at the time her attorney spoke to the media.

jmo

I believe she was on the phone ,but if she could tell he was in a bad situation why she did not call his family or 911?Someone posted a link earlier today saying the family just found out she had been on the phone.

Just wondering if you've followed from the beginning. Did you know that this girl had to be hospitalized due to her grief? I think you are asking a lot of a young, traumatized, girl.

Not sure if this is okay to post. Mods, please remove if it is not okay.
Today, I heard on a local radio station that GZ had tried to buy another gun since LE still has the gun used to shoot Trayvon. According to the person on the air, GZ's gun permit cannot be revoked since he has not been convicted. I think he is paranoid (MOO) and is feeling very, very scared.

All is JMO.

But they had EVERY reason to believe he was SOMEWHERE out there - in a neghborhood he was unfamilar with. I'm sorry, but if my 17 year old was visiting in that situation I would at least drive around the neighbor hood looking for him, and sure as heck, if there was a commotion a mere 70 yards from my house I would have at least checked it out.

By the way, the people on the 911 tapes wouldn't go out of their house PRIOR to police arriving; it was during the process of the 911 calls they wouldn't go outside. Watch what little video (I am trying to find links from http://www.cfnews13.com/ now but have to run out)) there is of the scene that night and there are some views of civilians standing around police cars and IIRC crime scene tape.

I completely agree. After he was about an hour overdue, I would have been out there walking and driving the neighborhood, calling the girlfriend, calling friends, posting on Facebook. I say this because I've actually done it before after my older teens have been missing for several hours.

Not sure if this is okay to post. Mods, please remove if it is not okay.
Today, I heard on a local radio station that GZ had tried to buy another gun since LE still has the gun used to shoot Trayvon. According to the person on the air, GZ's gun permit cannot be revoked since he has not been convicted. I think he is paranoid (MOO) and is feeling very, very scared.

All is JMO.

I haven't heard that, but he's had several death threats against him and there are riots pending. I'm sure he's scared out of his skin.

She knew he was confronted but she has no idea what happened after that fact.She should have called his parents and let them know something was not right.She did not know he was killed till the next day and she told no one of hearing her boyfriend confronted by a man who was following him?Phone goes dead and she can not reach him and she does nothing?Calling the police to say her boyfriend was confronted and the phone died and she didn't hear from him again not to give a statement as she had no idea what had happened.If she heard an aggressive man attack her boyfriend IMO she would have called 911.Younger children have called 911 when someone was in danger .At 16 she should have known to get him help if she felt it was needed.

His girlfriend lives hundreds of miles away and could not tell the police in Miami what happened. Did she even know exactly where he was?? I am sure neither she or Trayvon were expecting a cold blooded MURDER. My understanding is that they did report the call, the Sanford Police didn't care. Imagine that!!!! And when I was 16 I did not know phone numbers for the parent of a boyfriend, much less his normally non-custodial parent!

All my neighbors are white. I guess I don't understand your question. There are no black people who live within my HMO. Seems self-explanatory to me.

It seems racist and/or stereotypical to me, honestly. I'm not calling you racist, but that is divisive language. If a black person moved into your white neighborhood, what would be your new way of describing it? Or would you find a new way at all? Would it now be a "black person lives in my white neighborhood"?

Neighborhoods are not white or black, they're just neighborhoods. There's no reason to describe a neighborhood based on the race of the people who live there. It would suffice to say I live in a middle-class area, a nice community, the suburbs, low crime area, etc etc...

I am white, my husband is black, and we have been together for 15 years. Without a doubt racial profiling and racism still exist in this world. My husband has been detained and accosted by LE when they were in fact looking for a white guy. I have been a first hand witness to racial profiling of my dh. I fully believe these things happen on a daily basis.

Unfortunately my thoughts on this story are not too popular. From the moment this story hit it was being painted as a racist issue IMO. I do not really believe this outcome would have been different if GZ had confronted a white male that evening. I do however believe the story being painted in the public would've been different. IMO if GZ had shot a white male that evening it would not have been made into a big outpouring of disgust.

I don't know if what GZ did that evening was justified or not because I wasn't around to hear/see the details. I do think that there was a confrontation, struggle, and shooting. I do not know if Trayvon was completely innocent that night or any other night because I do not know Trayvon. I do know that no matter what some parents will always back their children. A little OT but my father is LE and not to long ago he was in a situation where a suspect tried to flee and almost ran him over while he was standing on the sidewalk. The suspect was shot (not fatally) by my father. When they arrested the suspect he had large amounts of drugs and several weapons on him. Even with several witnesses to the incident his mother still went on the news and claimed he was framed by LE and her precious son would never do such a thing. Her son had a record a mile long but yet he was being framed by LE.

MOO

I completely agree. After he was about an hour overdue, I would have been out there walking and driving the neighborhood, calling the girlfriend, calling friends, posting on Facebook. I say this because I've actually done it before after my older teens have been missing for several hours.

They weren't dead were they?

I'm guessing not.

Even IF Trayvon's parents did all of what you, as a good parent did, their child would still be gone.

There were obvious racial undertones in this murder. This child was chased and then gunned down for absolutely no reason other than he was wearing a hood and looked "suspicious". And I disagree with whomever said that Trayvon had to tell GZ where he was headed and his reasons for being in the neighbourhood. If I were flagged down by some large man in a truck wanting to know such personal information, there is no way in hell I would tell him. Trayvon was a teenager and there are many psychotic sickos who prey upon young men and women.

I am white, my husband is black, and we have been together for 15 years. Without a doubt racial profiling and racism still exist in this world. My husband has been detained and accosted by LE when they were in fact looking for a white guy. I have been a first hand witness to racial profiling of my dh. I fully believe these things happen on a daily basis.

Unfortunately my thoughts on this story are not too popular. From the moment this story hit it was being painted as a racist issue IMO. I do not really believe this outcome would have been different if GZ had confronted a white male that evening. I do however believe the story being painted in the public would've been different. IMO if GZ had shot a white male that evening it would not have been made into a big outpouring of disgust.

I don't know if what GZ did that evening was justified or not because I wasn't around to hear/see the details. I do think that there was a confrontation, struggle, and shooting. I do not know if Trayvon was completely innocent that night or any other night because I do not know Trayvon. I do know that no matter what some parents will always back their children. A little OT but my father is LE and not to long ago he was in a situation where a suspect tried to flee and almost ran him over while he was standing on the sidewalk. The suspect was shot (not fatally) by my father. When they arrested the suspect he had large amounts of drugs and several weapons on him. Even with several witnesses to the incident his mother still went on the news and claimed he was framed by LE and her precious son would never do such a thing. Her son had a record a mile long but yet he was being framed by LE.

MOO

BBM

I think we have all seen stories like that, but, IMO, this is not one of them. If you have not already done so, I urge you to start at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro