FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A charge-off on a credit card? He doesn't own the property he lives in? So that makes him a murderer??

Did I state in my post that those things qualify him as a murderer? I do not believe that I did. Someone was asking for information about the type of person that Zimmerman was; therefore, I was simply highlighting information from an article that was posted.

George Zimmerman made himself a murderer when he made the decision to step outside of his vehicle with a loaded semi-automatic 9 mm pistol after being told by the authorities to not pursue. He was determined that this *advertiser censored******* wouldn't get away with it and that this *advertiser censored***** **** would pay for acting suspicious in his neighborhood. The guy's a douchebag and personally, I can't wait to see the headline that states that GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS LOCKED UP AND CHARGED WITH FIRST DEGREE MURDER.

~jmo~

GZ's neighbor on JVM last night pretty much confirmed that it was because Trayvon was black.

In his attempt to defend GZ he said that in the past 15 months there were 8 burglaries and most of them were done by black kids.

JMHO

Of course, it's not GZ's neighbor's place to confirm something he has no real knowledge of. Is he a mindreader? If there were in fact 8 burglaries done by kids it seems reasonable to look into what Trayvon was doing there.

Did the HOA sanction this Neighborhood Watch Program or was this just GZ acting on his own? Even LE are not permitted to use deadly force on a person who is running from a suspected non-violent crime. What was this man thinking????? jmo

it doesn't matter if Trayvon stopped, tripped or turned. Mr Zimmerman chose to create an unsafe situation. He chose to not follow the suggestions of the 911 operator, he chose to carry a weapon, he chose to get out of his vehicle, he chose to chase this young man, he chose to take the law into his own hands, he chose to play 'neighborhood watch guy' on his own, he chose to fire a weapon at an unarmed person. Mr Zimmerman was in no way a victim, he was the aggressor and he killed someone.

But there is a witness that says Trayvon was on top of GZ attacking him, and GZ had injuries. I doubt he just shot him for absolutely no reason.

I can't believe this is even happening. The facts of this case are so clear cut. Zimmerman should not be free walking the streets. He is a danger to society in his quest to be a real cop. There was no reason at all for him to shoot and kill Trayvon. He ASSumed Trayvon was up to no good and the poor kid was just walking home from the store. This is a good case in point of what happens when one assumes.

There had been 8 burglaries in the past year or so done by teenagers. GZ wasn't unrealistic to think Trayvon was up to no good.

Of course, it's not GZ's neighbor's place to confirm something he has no real knowledge of. Is he a mindreader? If there were in fact 8 burglaries done by kids it seems reasonable to look into what Trayvon was doing there.

Oh please, enough, that doesn't give anyone the right to chase an innocent kid with a loaded weapon!

He had the choice to call LE, as a matter of fact if he was acting as the neighborhood watch he was not supposed to do anything but call LE and then step back, and he was NOT supposed to be carrying a loaded gun.

GZ was wrong about Trayvon wasn't he?

Did I state in my post that those things qualify him as a murderer? I do not believe that I did. Someone was asking for information about the type of person that Zimmerman was; therefore, I was simply highlighting information from an article that was posted.

George Zimmerman made himself a murderer when he made the decision to step outside of his vehicle with a loaded semi-automatic 9 mm pistol after being told by the authorities to not pursue. He was determined that this *advertiser censored******* wouldn't get away with it and that this *advertiser censored***** **** would pay for acting suspicious in his neighborhood. The guy's a douchebag and personally, I can't wait to see the headline that states that GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS LOCKED UP AND CHARGED WITH FIRST DEGREE MURDER.

~jmo~

I think those things were posted because people want to find every reason possible to hate this guy. A charge off on a card is not indicative of bad character imo. We don't know if he's a murderer or not. There is at least one witness saying he was being attacked.

in fact the information from the girlfriend on the phone tends to bear this out since she says that TM mentioned that he was being followed, and then told her he thought he had lost the guy, and then all of a sudden GZ was there again confronting him.

She also said that TM said he would not run but that he would walk fast, problably under the mistaken impression that to be seen running through the neighborhood might bring more negative attention and look suspicious.

I think Trayvon told his girlfriend that he wasn't going to run so that he would appear to her to be less afraid than he was. Running away isn't the "cool" thing to do. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought when she said that. I mean, he eventually did run, but I still think he wanted to maintain the macho by telling her he was not going to...poor kid.

There had been 8 burglaries in the past year or so done by teenagers. GZ wasn't unrealistic to think Trayvon was up to no good.

So, instead of finding out what he was up to, he shot him to death just in case he did something bad. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Oh please, enough, that doesn't give anyone the right to chase an innocent kid with a loaded weapon!

He had the choice to call LE, as a matter of fact if he was acting as the neighborhood watch he was not supposed to do anything but call LE and then step back, and he was NOT supposed to be carrying a loaded gun.

GZ was wrong about Trayvon wasn't he?

It also doesn't mean he was after the kid because he was some crazed racist who wanted to shoot a black kid. It shows that there had been some trouble in the neighborhood before and it was reasonable to look into it. From everything I've read the fact he was carrying the gun was completely legal.

Until more info comes out it seems people are assuming all kinds of things IMO.His girlfriend assumes GZ threw the first punch,she did not see it or hear it so how can she know? I understand she was very upset but why did it take weeks for her to tell anyone she was on the phone to him at the time this all went on?People are assuming he did not get medical attention but how do you? Maybe Trayvon did not take kindly to a Hispanic man asking him what he was doing in the area,it is very possible he responded in a threatening manor.Assuming Police are protecting GZ because of his parents jobs in Virginia is a stretch IMO.Sorry but I am not hanging GZ on the info we have.

~Respectfully snipped~
You have 2 guys, 2 intents. This kid's intent is to get home to give his brother some candy. The other guy's intent, is to go out of his way to confront this kid. From the start of this you have been passionate about seeing GZ's side of this, where its been CLEAR that because of HIS actions, this child is now dead.

This is OKAY! There is always more than one way to interpret a set of facts - there are as many ways as there are people reading the facts. If people didn't see things differently and debate them, there would be no way to get to the truth.

Please respect these different opinions. If you do not wish to debate them, that's fine, move on past the posts or make use of your ignore feature. BUT don't attack the poster - that is a TOS violation and will result in consequences that will leave you asking "what happened?" And the answer will be "the Mods saw it differently."

Hope that helps. Please don't attack. Try to use the information/opinion to support your own argument.

Salem

and this confuses me tremendously for several reasons, maybe I am not thinking straight so if I am not some of you really smart folks can help me out.

Most people die of a gunshot wound when they bleed out, and a gunshot would to the chest or diaphram at close quarters would very likely mean a tremendous amount of blood on the person on the bottom of the pile so to speak. I have not seen a lot of people shot, but I was under the impression that the tv and movie effects that have a gunshot flinging the body halfway across the room are just that, movie effects, I don't think a shot from a 9 mil is going to fling TM's body off of GZ if he is on top, so he would have to struggle out from under 140 lbs of dead weight, getting copious amounts of blood on him in the process.

How would it be possible to complete those manovers and be standing upright without getting blood all over you? Am I wrong, does a gunshot actually fling a 140 lb person several feet into the air or something?

If his shirt was covered in blood, would that just not be mentioned? I am willing to beleve the Sanford PD could forget to mention almost anything at this point but this stretches credulity

I read all the speculative comments. I still don't think it matters if/that Trayvon was wrestling or fighting with GZ. A stranger with a gun just followed and pushed him to the ground, according to Trayvon's girlfriend. Of course, he is going to fight for his life. He was the citizen that had a right to stand his ground, not the other way around. GZ was clearly the aggressor here. I will add he is also a murderer in my opinion.

But he wasn't with other kids. He was by himself and he wasn't trying to break into a home. LE would not have arrested this young man for just walking to his Dad's home in the rain. I think the big question is why would someone use deadly force on a kid???? GZ knew the breakins were from kids so what was he thinking???? How dangerous is this gated community when you feel you have to wear a gun to drive around with? jmo

I think those things were posted because people want to find every reason possible to hate this guy. A charge off on a card is not indicative of bad character imo. We don't know if he's a murderer or not. There is at least one witness saying he was being attacked.

Oh please! GZ is a murderer. It just hasn't been determined yet whether it was justifiable.

So, instead of finding out what he was up to, he shot him to death just in case he did something bad. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Let's not forget that GZ sustained injuries so he was probably attacked. At least one witness saw this. Did he injure himself somehow?

It also doesn't mean he was after the kid because he was some crazed racist who wanted to shoot a black kid. It shows that there had been some trouble in the neighborhood before and it was reasonable to look into it. From everything I've read the fact he was carrying the gun was completely legal.

Looking into it and chasing down a kid with a loaded weapon are two entirely different things.

And according to the rules of Neighborhood Watch, GZ was NOT supposed to be carrying a weapon while patrolling the neighborhood. he was also supposed to step back and let LE do their job.

An innocent kid is dead here and the excuse is that in 15 months there were only 8 burglaries and they weren't even all done by black kids???? how many were actually committed by black kids, 4-5-6?

JMHO

I think her statement references the phone going dead, and she assumes that must be because Martin was pushed.

No, because she said she heard a change in his voice....Therefore, she heard the first push.

Following "stand your ground" law, they would have to prove GZ was the one who pushed Trayvon first. The GF being on the phone did not witness it. So how are they going to prove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member