FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you notice the article said portions of the 911 tape will be released? Considering the sunshine laws in that state, this is kind of becoming puzzling.

Did you notice the article said portions of the 911 tape will be released? Considering the sunshine laws in that state, this is kind of becoming puzzling.

The ABC news article said "parts of the 911 tapes".
A Florida police department, relenting to massive public pressure, is releasing parts of the 911 tapes recorded the night an unarmed 17-year-old boy was shot dead outside his stepmother's home, allegedly by a self-appointed neighborhood watch captain, multiple sources told ABC News.

The Orlando-Sentinel article said "the 911 calls".
Sanford police plan to release the 911 calls this afternoon in the controversial shooting of Trayvon Martin — the17-year-old shot while walking through a gated community last month by volunteer crime watch member George Zimmerman.

I guess we will see who was correct when they are released.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighborho...ected-released/story?id=15937881#.T2PeHtV0TJc

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...20120316_1_shooting-police-department-release

It is puzzling. In the TX case, which I mentioned on this thread, a guy who killed a couple of alleged burglars after 911 operator told him repeatedly not to go out and confront them, the 911 call was released quickly, as I recall.

It is puzzling. In the TX case, which I mentioned on this thread, a guy who killed a couple of alleged burglars after 911 operator told him repeatedly not to go out and confront them, the 911 call was released quickly, as I recall.

I guess it varies state to state. From following the Lisa Irwin case, Missouri only releases 911 calls during a trial.

The ABC news article said "parts of the 911 tapes".

The Orlando-Sentinel article said "the 911 calls".

I guess we will see who was correct when they are released.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighborho...ected-released/story?id=15937881#.T2PeHtV0TJc

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...20120316_1_shooting-police-department-release

Thanks, from your ABC link:

Trayvon Martin's parents described him as the kind of son who, even at 17, allowed his parents to kiss him publicly.

"That was my baby, my youngest son," his mother, Sybrina Fulton, told ABC News in an interview in Miami. "He meant a lot to me, I don't think the police department really understands that. ... I need justice for my family, I just want justice for my son."

Fulton is incensed that Zimmerman left his car despite being urged by dispatchers to stay put.

"My son didn't do anything," she said. "He was walking home from the store. Why would the neighborhood watch guy would have a weapon? ... It's just crazy. You are supposed to watch the neighborhood, not take the law into your own hands."

Heartbreaking...and she is right...I've never heard of a neighborhood watcher being armed but I guess they will be from now on with this new gun law...

I guess it varies state to state. From following the Lisa Irwin case, Missouri only releases 911 calls during a trial.

Well FL got sunshine laws so one expects it to be released earlier there and not later.

Just for comparisons sake, the 911 calls in the casey anthiny debacle were released on july 24th of 2008, 9 days after she first reported her daughter missing. Cleary, in that case, the investigation was still ongoing. Whats the deal here?

Here are some things I would like to know:

How far is the parking lot(Zimmermans car) to where Martin was found?
Did the bullet strike a condo or fly over(flight path)
Did the PD take photos of injuries on Zimmerman?
Was the clothes taken from both to process GSR for possible distance of shot?

IMO I find it very hard to pull a gun out your pocket or waist with someone on top of you throwing punches to your face. Zimmerman would have to use one hand to try to throw back and the other to try to grab the weapon. Zimmerman could've already had his gun in hand when he approach Martin.

If the PD release bits and pieces from the calls, I wonder what is it that they're hiding.

WHOA! :eek:

Can they really do that?

Assuming they can even find him, that is.

I imagine that they could try. If their successful they may be in a bit of trouble themselves.

Orlando criminal defense attorney Patrick Cairns said members of the militia face a high legal hurdle in taking such action since they didn't witness a crime. They could be charged with false imprisonment if they detain Zimmerman.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ens-arrest-in-fla-shooting-of-trayvon-martin/

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/15/2696446/trayvon-martin-case.html

I'm wondering if GZ got blood on his hands from touching Trayvon's back when he was pinning him down (to shoot him?)...and then transferred the blood to his head when he put his hands over his head? And if he shot the boy in the chest and Trayvon was dead or dying, why would he need to pin him down?

snipped by me

That is an excellent observation! :rocker: That would explain the blood on the back of his head.

Family: 911 tapes confirm Trayvon Martin was murdered

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/new...s/articles/cfn/2012/3/16/travon_martin_shooti

SANFORD --
The family of Trayvon Martin is renewing its call for the arrest of George Zimmerman, the man who killed the teen in what he called an act of self-defense, after listening to 911 calls related to the teen's death last month.

<snipped>

The attorney says in at least one 911 call two shots are heard -- a shot is heard, and then a cry for help, and then a second, louder shot is heard, then the cries stop. Attorney Natalie Jackson says it is clear that Zimmerman fired a warning shot, then a kill shot.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/treyvon-martin-neighborhood-watch-shooting-911-tapes-send/story?id=15937881

On one call to a non-emergency dispatch number, according to Julison, Zimmerman says, "He's checking me out," and then, "This guy looks like he's on drugs, he's definitely messed up."

Then, as Zimmerman prepares to exit his vehicle after the dispatcher advises him not to, he says, "These *advertiser censored**holes always get away."

A 911 tape recording of a call from an eyewitness contains what sound like gunshots. After one apparent shot is fired, the caller's boyfriend shouts, "Get down," and then shrill shouts for help can be heard. Seconds later, another apparent shot rings out and the shouts for help cease, Julison told ABC News.

Family: 911 tapes confirm Trayvon Martin was murdered

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/new...s/articles/cfn/2012/3/16/travon_martin_shooti

SANFORD --
The family of Trayvon Martin is renewing its call for the arrest of George Zimmerman, the man who killed the teen in what he called an act of self-defense, after listening to 911 calls related to the teen's death last month.

<snipped>

The attorney says in at least one 911 call two shots are heard -- a shot is heard, and then a cry for help, and then a second, louder shot is heard, then the cries stop. Attorney Natalie Jackson says it is clear that Zimmerman fired a warning shot, then a kill shot.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/treyvon-martin-neighborhood-watch-shooting-911-tapes-send/story?id=15937881

On one call to a non-emergency dispatch number, according to Julison, Zimmerman says, "He's checking me out," and then, "This guy looks like he's on drugs, he's definitely messed up."

Then, as Zimmerman prepares to exit his vehicle after the dispatcher advises him not to, he says, "These *advertiser censored**holes always get away."

A 911 tape recording of a call from an eyewitness contains what sound like gunshots. After one apparent shot is fired, the caller's boyfriend shouts, "Get down," and then shrill shouts for help can be heard. Seconds later, another apparent shot rings out and the shouts for help cease, Julison told ABC News.

Wow! Just wow! Who wouldn't be checking out someone following them and what is he talking about "getting away?"

I'm just sick!

I'm going to be super angry if officers didn't do a proper forensic evaluation at the crimescene. There should be two shell casings if there were two shots.

I was at a club when there was a shooting once. There were a total of 8 shots, but all I remember is 1 shot and I must have been so panicked that I didn't hear the others because if police would have asked me, as a witness how many shots were fired, I would have said 1. There were 8 bullet holes and casings outside. One of the bullets went through the walls of the club.

I wonder if that first shot wasn't a warning but a missed shot. The second louder shot was because he was closer to Martin and to the person calling 911. This is just a sad situation

I'm speechless.

No wonder they were dragging their feet releasing these.

rossva, thanks for finding and posting.

Wesh.com
"
For a little over an hour, Martin's family listened to seven or eight 911 calls seeking help after the incident.
Caller: They are wrestling right in the back of my porch.
Dispatcher: You just heard one shot go off?
Caller: It was either that or a rock at the window. I don't know. The guy is yelling, 'Help,' but I'm not going out there.
"The commotion continues, and you hear the cry for help, and then around 45 seconds, you heard a second shot," said Ben Crump, an attorney for Martin's family."

These tapes verify the witness statements, IMO

All of them.

I'm praying for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads