FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there is no such thing as reverse institutionalized racism; old white men still hold the majority of power in this world. It's kind of like reverse sexism, an individual can hate men but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing because women do not hold the balance of power.

People are not just angry that a young black man was murdered; they are angry that an institution failed to respond in an appropriate manner to the murder of a young man. And it was very likely because of the colour of the victim's skin. It does not help that this PD has a history of treating white perpetrators in a favourable manner.

Racism is racism no matter the race.

Lambchop - I don't think its human nature - I believe its RESPECT

Respect, in all areas, has slowly been washed away by our society. Everyday I see people being disrespectful all over the place adn the sad part is they don't even know they are doing it.

Its not being taught in our schools down here and IMO it should be the first thing. If we all showed just a little bit more respect, the world would be a better place.

JMHO

Wow! We are no longer allowed to wear hoodies? Hoodies are now considered gangster? Let me tell my 56 year old white mother that because she only buys jackets with hoodies on them. She'll be thrilled to know she is considered "gangsta" for her choice in outside apparel!

Maybe rain coats need to stop putting hoodies on them? Wouldn't want a bunch of 6-year-olds at Sea World to be seen as "gangsters."

What an assinine statement to make!

Wow! We are no longer allowed to wear hoodies? Hoodies are now considered gangster? Let me tell my 56 year old white mother that because she only buys jackets with hoodies on them. She'll be thrilled to know she is considered "gangsta" for her choice in outside apparel!

Maybe rain coats need to stop putting hoodies on them? Wouldn't want a bunch of 6-year-olds at Sea World to be seen as "gangsters."

It's GR. Would we expect anything else from him???? jmo

Hispanics are Caucasian.

In Hispanic/Latin American nations, the demographic is broken down by White, Black, Asian, American Indian, and Mestizo/Pardo (White and American Indian mix). Most Hispanics in America fall under Mestizo. Same goes with most of Latin America.

I went to check my daughter's closet. She has 28 hoodies in there and that doesn't count the ones she has sitting back at college.

I need to tell her to get rid of them all ASAP, now that she's a menace to society.

She should probably first start with all of those menacing looking school band hoodies that she has for every year that she was in band. Then all of those sports hoodies she got for every year she played sports. Oh and then she'll definitely need to make sure to burn those gang bangin' Hollister and American Eagle hoodies.

Thank heavens Geraldo is saving us all from possibly getting stalked and murdered for hoodie wearing.

Hispanics are Caucasian.

Hispanics can be from all races. They are not all Caucasian. Zimmerman is not a Hispanic Caucasian in appearance? I think he appears to be more Native American/Indian Hispanic. I have Hispanic Caucasian friends and even they do not want to be called Caucasian. I have many Black Hispanic friends and they do not want to be called Black. They call themselves Hispanic/Latino.

Experience and training.

Gee, I guess we can dispense with that whole blood alcohol nonsense, as long as the officer has plenty of "experience and training". That's good to know.

Honestly, I didn't know before this case that hoodies were gangster - and I actually learned it from Trayvon's dad.

In one of his first appearances he described his son's appearance, and said he was wearing a hoodie but "that was only because it was raining". At the time I thought that was an odd thing to say - that he would clarify why Tray was wearing that. As the days have gone by I've learned that hoodies are gangster.

Hm. I'll certainly remember that next time our PTA has a groundskeeping day and all the moms show up in their hoodies. ;D

Hispanics can be from all races. They are not all Caucasian. Zimmerman is not a Hispanic Caucasian in appearance? I think he appears to be more Native American/Indian Hispanic. I have Hispanic Caucasian friends and even they do not want to be called Caucasian. I have many Black Hispanic friends and they do not want to be called Black. They call themselves Hispanic/Latino.

That's a great point. I should have stated instead that Hispanic does not define a race, but an ethnic group. :)

Put him in a hoodie and he is a ? Gangsta?

th_6-18-2006-01.jpg

Honestly, I didn't know before this case that hoodies were gangster - and I actually learned it from Trayvon's dad.

In one of his first appearances he described his son's appearance, and said he was wearing a hoodie but "that was only because it was raining". At the time I thought that was an odd thing to say - that he would clarify why Tray was wearing that. As the days have gone by I've learned that hoodies are gangster.

Hm. I'll certainly remember that next time our PTA has a groundskeeping day and all the moms show up in their hoodies. ;D

They are only gangster when a black person is wearing them. They are cute and stylish when anyone else wears them. I'm not being sarcastic either. It's disgusting and sad.

I will say Duke (the dog in the picture)was a bit pushy when it came to worms, and did wear a banana peel on his head once.

The fact that GZ got out of his truck is enough to tell me he wasn't "standing his ground" he was chasing a boy. A boy who was looking up to no good in GZ's mind. enough said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...tragedy-says-his-son-would-look-like-trayvon/

Obama, asked about the case Friday, noted that he doesn't want to interfere with the probe being led by his attorney general, Eric Holder. But he made clear that he empathizes deeply with the parents in the case, and called for investigators to "get to the bottom" of what happened.

"Obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And, you know, I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together -- federal, state and local -- to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened," Obama said.

Ha! I just called my mom and told her to immediately throw away all her jackets with hoodies on them (which is all of them) and she says "What the heck are you talking about?" I told her that Geraldo Rivera has said that wearing a hoodie gives a person a right to shoot and kill you and claim self defense." I won't say what she said after that because there were some bad words in there, but she won't be throwing out her hoodies. She'll sport them proudly.

I wonder if I should alert my oldest DS' soccer league as they have a hoodie for their uniform in the winter? :sarcasm:

GR is not the brightest bulb, IMO.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0M-DvkEn8"]Geraldo Rivera Dumped by Hurricane Ike on live TV - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties