FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, it was reported that TM's girlfriend, or it might have been the family lawyer, said that she had made a recording of their phone conversation. Does anyone else recall reading this? It struck me as odd. Unless she has a recording app on her phone, how could she have recorded it. And is she in the habit of recording all her conversations? If not, then why did she record this one? Lastly, if she was on the phone with TM before he was shot, then why didn't she contact authorities, or at the very least TM's parents, to tell them he was in danger? I find the whole introduction of the girlfriend's phone conversation to be very confusing.

I don't know about anyone else, but everytime the forum moves slowly, I go through major withdrawal.

The super baby gangsta was so cute!

ETA: I cannot believe we are now talking about whether a person is allowed or not allowed to wear a hoodie. Geraldo will be fired over this one, imo. Finally!!

I can't believe it either. I'm finding myself getting more and more passionate about this boy's murder and the injustice of it all.

To think that in 2012 we would say that a black boy in a hoodie should expect or deserves to be considered a criminal and it's ok to hunt him down and murder him. Oh but then try to say that it has nothing to do with race.

The neighbor isn't any better than Geraldo either.

If I was closer I'd be at those rallies myself.

My exact thoughts

Where did this come from, the hoodie being responsible for Trayvon's death? My comments were about hoodies in general and why, for law enforcement and gang task force, they are part of a profile. This is sort of a silly thing to be obsessing over, IMO. A tragedy has occurred, this is just a small aspect of it, a distraction from the facts - understandably so if there's more to the story than what has been inundating the air waves.

FWIW I have not read anything on exactly when the gf came forward. We, the public, first heard of her on March 19th when the family attorney held that press conference and spoke of her. He had also said that she was so distraught over all of it that she couldn't attend his wake and had to be hospitalized. Trayvon had been buried well before March 19 - so I'm sure that adults were aware of what she knew and why she was so distraught.

Trayvon's parents tried unsuccessfully to get SPD to do something and they were, for better words, ignored. At that, they decided to retain an attorney and took it all public. We have been given no details or who knew what when.

I've heard nothing of the gf saying she recorded the call.

JMHO

I am immediately calling on ALL MEDIA to stop showing pictures of ANY VICTIM outside of the age that they were when they were deceased! No more showing toddlers as infants! No more showing 10 year olds at 7 years old! No more showing 13-year-olds at 10-years-old. No more showing 16-year-olds at 13-years-old! I demand an immediate STOP to all of it! Only the ages of the child at the age they became deceased are allowed to be shown from here on out!

Utterly disgusting!!

(respectfully snipped)

It is a fact that she didn't come forward until March 19, if I remember correctly. Trayvon wasn't identified for two days - when did she become traumatized, on the third day? How long was she in the hospital and why tell a family attorney and not the police? Seriously, no one finds this sketchy?

I find it quite sketchy. As a matter of fact, it is the one aspect of this case that really gives me pause. And I believe that this case was completely mishandled and that at the very least GZ should be arrested and charged with manslaughter. But the introduction of the girlfriend's "testimony" set my hinky meter off. Bad move, and just plain unnecessary. IMO, they have all the evidence they need in the 911 tapes.

is the examiner MSM?
found an article that said there have been 8 burglaries, 9 thefts and a shooting in this neighborhood in the past year, GZ helped aide in the apprehension of one. Also says T was on a 5 day school suspension that is why he was over there and not at his house.

is the examiner MSM?
found an article that said there have been 8 burglaries, 9 thefts and a shooting in this neighborhood in the past year, GZ helped aide in the apprehension of one. Also says T was on a 5 day school suspension that is why he was over there and not at his house.

Yes, we know all of this. Trayvon was suspended for being late to school.

1. TM's friends (see post with article link upthread) said that he would not have picked a fight. Maybe they are all lying, but it makes more sense to me that they are telling the truth and the claim that TM attacked GZ is the lie, especially coming from someone who had good reason to lie.

2. IIRC the police report did not say that GZ had a head injury, only that he had blood on his head.

Maybe a spontaneous bleed? Where do you suppose the blood came from? Did he rub the back of his head on TM? Blood from an altercation? I believe the police report states he had an injury that was seen to inside the EMT truck.

(respectfully snipped)

JMHO

I think it's another case of bad reporting and/or poor writing. BBM:

“’Oh he’s right behind me, he’s right behind me again,’” 17-year-old Trayvon Martin told his girlfriend on his cellphone, the Martin family’s attorney said.

The girl later heard Martin say, “Why are you following me?” Another man asked, “What are you doing around here?’” attorney Benjamin Crump said.

The phone call that recorded Martin’s final moments was disclosed as the U.S. Justice Department opened a federal civil rights probe into the Feb. 26 shooting and the local prosecutor convened a grand jury to investigate. A grand jury will meet April 10 to consider evidence, said Seminole County State Attorney Norm Wolfinger.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/mar/21/tp-recording-of-teens-phone-call-revealed-as/

I think they were referring to a recording the lawyer made of the girl's account, not a recording of the conversation itself.

Please, where did this information come from? Kids are suspended for a week because they are late for school? How many times? Does this make sense?

FWIW I have not read anything on exactly when the gf came forward. We, the public, first heard of her on March 19th when the family attorney held that press conference and spoke of her. He had also said that she was so distraught over all of it that she couldn't attend his wake and had to be hospitalized. Trayvon had been buried well before March 19 - so I'm sure that adults were aware of what she knew and why she was so distraught.

Trayvon's parents tried unsuccessfully to get SPD to do something and they were, for better words, ignored. At that, they decided to retain an attorney and took it all public. We have been given no details or who knew what when.

JMHO

She didn't record the call. What was recorded is Trayvon's family lawyer conversation with Trayvon's GF. Not the phone call GF had with Trayvon.

LE confiscated a holster that Zimmerman had along with the firearm. I would assume the weapon was in the holster until seconds before he used it; otherwise Martin probably would have run. imo

Martin did run...There's just no telling where he had the weapon. IMO

sorry I hadn't see it, excuse me.

5 days for being LATE? that is insane!! Never heard of such a thing. How do we know it was from being late, I thought his records were sealed?

is the examiner MSM?

Zimmerman stated as much at the beginning of his 911 call. The call is pretty clear, I never heard a racial slur, in fact, the dispatcher asked GZ whether the guy was black, white, or hispanic.

Please, where did this information come from? Kids are suspended for a week because they are late for school? How many times? Does this make sense?

It was information released a while ago. You can find it somewhere in the thousands of posts on either of the three threads? It's there somewhere. Trust me, it was a huge deal to some people and I'm not going to get back into it.

sorry I hadn't see it, excuse me.

5 days for being LATE? that is insane!! Never heard of such a thing. How do we know it was from being late, I thought his records were sealed?

From what I understand, he had been late numerous times, and yes, you can be suspended for being late numerous times. Starting with detention, if you miss detention you can also be suspended.

ETA: No need to be sorry. :rocker:

Where I live, kids can be sent to alternative school for being late too many times and/or missing too much school. I disagree with this policy, because it's a parenting problem most of the time, but still. It can happen.

The info came from one of Trayvon's teachers.

Our student code of conduct specifically states:

Tardies are a disruption of class and will be treated with discipline consequences. Tardy is defined as not being at the assigned location when the tardy bell rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow