FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know where TM was shot? If he ran and if he was shot in the back then what more evidence does LE need?

I am immediately calling on ALL MEDIA to stop showing pictures of ANY VICTIM outside of the age that they were when they were deceased! No more showing toddlers as infants! No more showing 10 year olds at 7 years old! No more showing 13-year-olds at 10-years-old. No more showing 16-year-olds at 13-years-old! I demand an immediate STOP to all of it! Only the ages of the child at the age they became deceased are allowed to be shown from here on out!

Utterly disgusting!!

I used to like seeing all different pictures the media would run of victims during happier times, showing victims at younger ages, family pictures with the victims, it gave a glimpse into what the victim was like before someone took it upon themselves to cut their life short.

I never thought to be angry about it or think that the victim's family must be trying to hide something sinister.

I used to like seeing all different pictures the media would run of victims during happier times, showing victims at younger ages, family pictures with the victims, it gave a glimpse into what the victim was like before someone took it upon themselves to cut their life short.

I never thought to be angry about it or think that the victim's family must be trying to hide something sinister.

I used to like it too, but it's obviously an issue! So it's better to put a stop to all of it.

There's a difference in protest and riots - 1992 - freeways were blocked and motorists were beat and looted, buildings were set on fire after all the free TV's, jewelry, and stereos they could carry were boldly taken out of stores. You'll have all the thugs in the US signing up for the Louis Farrakhan violent black Friday (note to those whose delicate senses were just offended, black Friday is a riotous sale day after Thanksgiving). Remember Reginald Denny? What did these riots do for him or Rodney King? Farrakhan is basically threatening blackmail and even further inciting hate.

Where were they when Casey Anthony walked out of the court room a free woman after killing Caylee and leaving her to rot in the mud? Oh, she was white - this is only about black injustice....my bad. Anyone who says this is about ALL our children is wearing their designer hoodie too tight.

BBM

Respectfully, that is one heckuva bizarre comparison right there.

Where may I ask, is the evidence that Caylee was singled out because she was white?

Those of us outraged by the murder of Caylee come in all races, ages, and creeds - as do those of us outraged by the murder of Trayvon Martin.

IMO.

Well, to be completely fair, the photo they are using of George Zimmerman is about 7 years old as well.

I don't hear anyone complaining about that...:waitasec:

BBM

Respectfully, that is one heckuva bizarre comparison right there.

Where may I ask, is the evidence that Caylee was singled out because she was white?

Those of us outraged by the murder of Caylee come in all races, ages, and creeds - as do those of us outraged by the murder of Trayvon Martin.

IMO.

Actually, anyone who actually watched the night Casey was released from jail, the crowd outside was all races!

I find sketchy the following:

The lack of photographic evidence or EMT report regarding wounds allegedly suffered by GZ when he was "reasonably fearing for his life"

The fact that Trayvon's name/identity was in the rather scant police report and yet he lay in the morgue as a "john Doe" til his parents called all around inquiring after him and someone finally put it together that this was the kid in the morgue.

you know what -

nevermind

the whole dang thing is sketchy, start to finish. I'd be better off starting a new post detailing what I do NOT find sketchy in this case.

Well, to be completely fair, the photo they are using of George Zimmerman is about 7 years old as well.

Good point! I demand we put a stop to that too! I want to see what he looked like when he shot and killed Trayvon? Maybe they are hiding the fact that he had all his hair shaved off?

It's cause they don't have a newer one.

FWIW I have not read anything on exactly when the gf came forward. We, the public, first heard of her on March 19th when the family attorney held that press conference and spoke of her. He had also said that she was so distraught over all of it that she couldn't attend his wake and had to be hospitalized. Trayvon had been buried well before March 19 - so I'm sure that adults were aware of what she knew and why she was so distraught.

Trayvon's parents tried unsuccessfully to get SPD to do something and they were, for better words, ignored. At that, they decided to retain an attorney and took it all public. We have been given no details or who knew what when.

I've heard nothing of the gf saying she recorded the call.

JMHO

They did an investigation, what more did they want them to do. If not for Al Sharpton and ABC, there would not be this attention given. I'm not saying I blame the family for doing this, I would do the same thing - but until the facts of the initial investigation are released that cleared GZ, the only "facts" we have are 911 calls (which have been greatly distorted), police reports, and a letter from the commissioner. Anyone who has ever closely followed a long term case here knows how extremely biased reporting can be by certain media and attorneys. Many times, biased to the point of fabrication.

It's our responsibility to avail ourselves of the facts as best we can and not rely on the media, especially selectively....which I will be the first to admit, have been guilty of. (mostly jumping off your post)
JMO

It's cause they don't have a newer one.

Well...I still want to see what he looked like on the night he killed Trayvon. I demand a recent picture, so I can judge for myself whether or not he is a racist murderer.

Kind of how people need to see pics to judge whether or not Trayvon was "suspicious" or "really a victim."

:moo:

I don't believe whatsoever there was some big giant cover up to protect Zimmerman. I think Zimmerman told police early on he acted in self-defense. Knowing full well that because of "stand your ground" law it was going to be very hard to put him on trial police investigated the exact same way they would in these type of cases.

I am immediately calling on ALL MEDIA to stop showing pictures of ANY VICTIM outside of the age that they were when they were deceased! No more showing toddlers as infants! No more showing 10 year olds at 7 years old! No more showing 13-year-olds at 10-years-old. No more showing 16-year-olds at 13-years-old! I demand an immediate STOP to all of it! Only the ages of the child at the age they became deceased are allowed to be shown from here on out!

Utterly disgusting!!

I don't think there was any ill will or intention to deceive on the family's part. They just lost their son and for all we know just picked a picture out of a box the had or an album. I certainly would not have given the press a picture that showed my son as a 5 year old but if all I could put my hands on was a picture close to his age I would have given it out. How painful it must have been for them to do that. You never expect to outlive your child. They seemed to be doing everything right with their son and this happens.

Plus I'm not sure why anyone would expect a 17 year old to notice Neighborhood Watch or even think about who this person might have been when GZ did not identify himself. It was GZ that had all the information, held all the cards. TM was not aware of the gun, did not know this man and it appears he was afraid of him and tried to get away. GZ had the upper hand all the way. We should be asking why GZ did not identify himself and why he came close enough to TM that there was an altercation as GZ claims. He's the one who is suppose to know what to do to prevent this type of situation. He's the one who was trained as a "Watch Captain", or was he???? Where there signs up about a Neighborhood Watch. I see them but never really never thought about someone approaching me to ask why I'm in the Neighborhood.

So who was wrong? TM or GZ. GZ knew better than to chase, he was advised not to. GZ knew he had a gun so did he feel he was entitled to chase someone because he was armed??? There are a lot of questions that need to be answered and I hope this family pushes LE until they get the truth. One young man, walking back to where he was legally staying for the night with a bag of Skittles, an ice tea and a cell phone. No gun, no drugs, nothing of value but he did have on a hoodie. Mr. Z made a deadly error in judgment. He wanted to be a cop so why isn't he being the standup man he claims he wanted to be. jmo

I find sketchy the following:

The lack of photographic evidence or EMT report regarding wounds allegedly suffered by GZ when he was "reasonably fearing for his life"

The fact that Trayvon's name/identity was in the rather scant police report and yet he lay in the morgue as a "john Doe" til his parents called all around inquiring after him and someone finally put it together that this was the kid in the morgue.

you know what -

nevermind

the whole dang thing is sketchy, start to finish. I'd be better off starting a new post detailing what I do NOT find sketchy in this case.

I find it even more sketchy that the girlfriend did not call the father or the police - a strange man was following Trayvon, she's telling him to run, she thinks he's been hit, come on, really? Trayvon's father lived within 100 yards of where this happened, people were calling from all around - how did they not know this happened? Why didn't Trayvon have ID on him? I find that odd - no school ID, driver's license, nothing?

I don't think they threw him on a slab and forgot about him - it doesn't behoove them to have an unidentified body taking up space in the morgue.

]They did an investigation, what more did they want them to do. If not for Al Sharpton and ABC, there would not be this attention given. I'm not saying I blame the family for doing this, I would do the same thing [/B]- but until the facts of the initial investigation are released that cleared GZ, the only "facts" we have are 911 calls (which have been greatly distorted), police reports, and a letter from the commissioner. Anyone who has ever closely followed a long term case here knows how extremely biased reporting can be by certain media and attorneys. Many times, biased to the point of fabrication.

It's our responsibility to avail ourselves of the facts as best we can and not rely on the media, especially selectively....which I will be the first to admit, have been guilty of. (mostly jumping off your post)
JMO

BBM

Really? You'd contact Al Sharpton?

BTW, we've been discussing the facts on this thread from the beginning.

They did an investigation, what more did they want them to do. If not for Al Sharpton and ABC, there would not be this attention given. I'm not saying I blame the family for doing this, I would do the same thing - but until the facts of the initial investigation are released that cleared GZ, the only "facts" we have are 911 calls (which have been greatly distorted), police reports, and a letter from the commissioner. Anyone who has ever closely followed a long term case here knows how extremely biased reporting can be by certain media and attorneys. Many times, biased to the point of fabrication.

JMO

As a Floridian, until I see photographic evidence of George Zimmerman's life theatening injuries, I will question whether or not he was truly that injured... if at all. IF Sanford Police were doing an actual investigation, there would be pictures of his injuries.

We will never see any kind of photographic or forensic evidence of George Zimmerman's clothes that night because was allowed to go home in those clothes. We will never know how much of that blood, if there was any, belonged to Trayvon which is a key piece of evidence in determining how far away George Zimmerman was when he shot Tray! It's lost forever! Contaminated even if they were able to get it now.

I want to see all forensic evidence collected. Bullet casing. How far away from Tray's body was the bullet casing. How did Tray end up face down? Trajectory tests, etc... Were they even done? Were pictures taken at all? Where was Tray's phone found and how far was it away from his body?

I want to see Zimmerman's phone records. I want to know if at any time police were investigating that night, if Zimmerman's father was called?

I want to know a lot of things. I want to know how much of an investigation was done before they chose not to arrest Zimmerman? I want to know why it has been stated that Tray jumped Zimmerman from the back while he was heading back to his car when that is not what happened at all? We know words were said between them? We know Tray asked him why he was being followed and Zimmerman asked what are you doing here, or something like that?

It is my opinion that very little investigation was done. Al Sharpton didn't even get involved until yesterday and the rally he held, in front of a crowd of all races, was beautiful!

On the 2/26/2012 official police report, before the 911 call was released for public consumption, Zimmerman stated he was yelling for help and no one would help him. How was he to know this would become an issue now? He couldn't have known and I doubt he made it up - but I'm quite sure there will be those that say he did. My opinion this negates the speculation that it was Trayvon yelling for help. The officer giving the report could not have known about the witness report either.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties