FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion is that GZ's injuries came from the gun. I suspect he didn't spend much time at the shooting range. If he stood with his arms straight out in front of him, holding the gun, it is likely he was unprepared for the kickback and the gun came back and smacked him in the nose. This followed through and knocked him on his butt where he hit his head. I personally feel this is the most likely scenario for GZ's injuries. I don't believe that Trayvon hit him. It just doesn't match with the rest of what we know about him.

ETA: I would like to know how long he had that carry permit.

I am not trying to defend Z in any way, but to get your CWP you need to take a class and qualify yourself with your weapon. IMO, they don't fool around. There were two guys out of my class of 12 who they didn't sign off on after the range part of class. You cannot get a CWP license without qualifying on a range.

I've shot several 9mm, .38s and even 45s and I've never had any type of crazy kickback like you are describing and I'm a middle aged woman. The recoil on a 9 mm is not that intense to recoil from straight arm all the way back to the nose, but that's my opinion.

Witnesses describe Trayvon Martin's final moments; Parents say 'He was headed on the right path'

Dateline's special about Trayvon will air tonight.

“It sounded young. It didn’t sound like a grown man is my point. It sounded to me like someone was in distress and it wasn’t like a crying, sobbing boo-hoo, it was a definite whine,” Mary Cutcher told Dateline NBC’s Lester Holt in an interview scheduled to air Sunday night.

“Zimmerman never turned him over or tried to help him or CPR or anything,” Cutcher said.
Lamilla said that after the shot was fired Zimmerman appeared to be pacing.
“He started walking back and forth like three times with his hand on the head and kind of, he was walking like kind of confused,” she said.

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com...s-parents-say-he-was-headed-on-the-right-path

The difference between "his ground" is whether he should have been there or did he arrive at the place because he was pursuing TM. According to his own Neighborhood Watch Program GZ had no right to pursue. Had he followed both the NWP instructions and those of LE he would have stayed in his truck and observed only. Chasing someone is an act of engagement. Obviously if GZ admits TM was running GZ had to have been chasing him to catch up. TM's gf said TM was trying to get away and felt he had lost him. Pictures of the scene show no bushes, large trees, etc. where TM could have hidden to jump out at GZ. GZ confronted TM in the open, on a sidewalk right outside the condo porches. GZ was not in his truck as he was instructed by LE to wait until a patrol car got there.

If you call in an incident and LE tells you they will meet you at certain place you better be there. Once GZ moved his truck, or left it, and did not advise LE he was hindering their investigation. How would they know where to go? GZ took off and did not tell them where he was going. If GZ were truly concerned about LE not letting "this one get away" he would have been on the phone with dispatch to let them know where he was located so they could easily find him. He did not do that because GZ decided it was a matter that he, himself needed to handle because this one was NOT getting away. jmo

The issues keeps getting muddied.

It's a moot point to say that GZ was only following Tray and he had no ill intent. And then say that anyone can follow anyone and it's not against the law. Then turn around and say that Trayvon would have had no right to defend himself, with Trayvon, it's always an "attack".

We already heard what GZ said. His own words showed his intent. His own words showed his motive. That can't just be ignored and dismissed. We already know that he got out of the car with his loaded gun, to follow Trayvon, after being told by 911 that they didn't need him to do that. Just because 911 didn't use the exact words, we demand that you immediately cease and desist, doesn't mean it's all ok that GZ ignored what they said. It still showed his intent.

Then Trayvon's girlfriend corroborates what happened, she even corroborates GZ's account that Tray was trying to get away from GZ. Trayvon was trying to get away from this strange adult man. There have been some inferences that Trayvon's girlfriend was lying, she was being coached. But the phone records corroborate her statement, that Trayvon was on the phone with her, when GZ came up on him.

We can't just make things up out of whole cloth. There's not one shred of evidence that Tray was hiding behind bushes or lurking around corners waiting to attack GZ. GZ came up on Trayvon.

The reason that the vast majority of experts are saying that the SYG law doesn't apply, even from those that supported it, is because they take the totality of it all. GZ's intent when he decided all on his own to go after Trayvon who was walking down the street.

Frankly, I'm fed up with reading how GZ has a right to follow an innocent kid. Yet this innocent kid had zero rights. Fed up that we need to just make things up, like Trayvon was hiding his face, so he can be made to look more suspicious. When we know that GZ is the one with past aggression issues, when we know that Trayvon was a good kid, an AB student, never in trouble. But we should believe that suddenly GZ became meek and mild and this nasty teenager had him so fearful for his life that he had no altternative but to shoot. It doesn't pass the smell test and never did.

If a mugger decided to go after someone, with a loaded weapon, and when they come upon the person, the person gets a pop in, the mugger then shoots the person because he's suddenly on the losing end, his intent still was to mug this person, he can't cry he was afraid so it was SYG or self defense.

JMHO

The issues keeps getting muddied.

It's a moot point to say that GZ was only following Tray and he had no ill intent. And then say that anyone can follow anyone and it's not against the law. Then turn around and say that Trayvon would have had no right to defend himself, with Trayvon, it's always an "attack".

We already heard what GZ said. His own words showed his intent. His own words showed his motive. That can't just be ignored and dismissed. We already know that he got out of the car with his loaded gun, to follow Trayvon, after being told by 911 that they didn't need him to do that. Just because 911 didn't use the exact words, we demand that you immediately cease and desist, doesn't mean it's all ok that GZ ignored what they said. It still showed his intent.

Then Trayvon's girlfriend corroborates what happened, she even corroborates GZ's account that Tray was trying to get away from GZ. Trayvon was trying to get away from this strange adult man. There have been some inferences that Trayvon's girlfriend was lying, she was being coached. But the phone records corroborate her statement, that Trayvon was on the phone with her, when GZ came up on him.

We can't just make things up out of whole cloth. There's not one shred of evidence that Tray was hiding behind bushes or lurking around corners waiting to attack GZ. GZ came up on Trayvon.

The reason that the vast majority of experts are saying that the SYG law doesn't apply, even from those that supported it, is because they take the totality of it all. GZ's intent when he decided all on his own to go after Trayvon who was walking down the street.

Frankly, I'm fed up with reading how GZ has a right to follow an innocent kid. Yet this innocent kid had zero rights. Fed up that we need to just make things up, like Trayvon was hiding his face, so he can be made to look more suspicious. When we know that GZ is the one with past aggression issues, when we know that Trayvon was a good kid, an AB student, never in trouble. But we should believe that suddenly GZ became meek and mild and this nasty teenager had him so fearful for his life that he had no altternative but to shoot. It doesn't pass the smell test and never did.

If a mugger decided to go after someone, with a loaded weapon, and when they come upon the person, the person gets a pop in, the mugger then shoots the person because he's suddenly on the losing end, his intent still was to mug this person, he can't cry he was afraid so it was SYG or self defense.

JMHO

If GZ was near the front entrance which is where the clubhouse is located wouldn't common sense tell him that if TM knew he was being watched because he was up to no good that he would have headed for the nearest exit and not head for the back of the development which is 10 times further than the nearest exit. GZ admits TM knows GZ was watching him. TM could have been out that gate in less than a minute had he walked and seconds if he ran. Heading deeper into the development just would not make sense for someone trying to get away from someone watching them unless you lived there. jmo

I'm sorry, but George Zimmerman is a WHACK JOB!! So many things to comment on, but I am so tired and took notes. I'll say what I think tomorrow.

ETA: I suggest everyone reads these 911 call records. My mind is spinning!

There's no evidence of that.

My personal opinion is that GZ's injuries came from the gun. I suspect he didn't spend much time at the shooting range. If he stood with his arms straight out in front of him, holding the gun, it is likely he was unprepared for the kickback and the gun came back and smacked him in the nose. This followed through and knocked him on his butt where he hit his head. I personally feel this is the most likely scenario for GZ's injuries. I don't believe that Trayvon hit him. It just doesn't match with the rest of what we know about him.

ETA: I would like to know how long he had that carry permit.

I doubt that. 9mm doesn't have that much kick. I think Trayvon attacked him.

I hope that Trayvon popped him in the nose, but I still think it was the gun. Just because he qualified at the range, doesn't mean he kept his skills up. It also depends on whether or not he was so distracted by the situation that he didn't think about or prepare for the kickback.

Can someone do a google search on gun kickback injuries? I have a google redirect virus I can't get rid of that prevents me from doing it. TIA.

Didn't one of the transcripts of Tray's gf's interview state that Tray responded to Zimmerman's question of 'what are you doing here' with 'my dad lives here' (or something like that) before the call was disconnected? Does anyone else remember this & kindly direct me to a link?

TIA

wm

Yep this string bean kid, 6 feet 3, 140 pounds soaking wet, armed only with a bag of skittles and a bottle of iced tea jumped this 5 feet 8, 240 pound grown man armed with a 9 mm semi-automatic gun. Yep, I can really see this scenario taking place. Thanks! You have totally changed my entire perspective of this case. :rolleyes:

On the contrary. I think Marinade Dave did an excellent job of summing things up.

IMO.

I did as well Volouria not to mention that I enjoyed seeing all the photographs of the complex even though it was very painful to look at the area where Trayvon was so brutally murdered at. To think that this little boy was so close to help is horrific but the moment that Zimmerman stepped out of the vehicle, Trayvon's fate was sealed. Zimmerman wasn't going to let this particular "a$$hole get away." He knew when he stepped out of his vehicle that he was going to brutally murder this child, you know the *advertiser censored***** co**. Trayvon never stood a chance against this monster.

~jmo~

It is possible TM did attack him. But TM asked the first question, "Why are you following me" and got no answer from GZ, not I'm with NWP but GZ responded with a question, "Why are you here?" If TM tried to walk away and GZ grabbed him I could see them wrestling. GZ to keep "this one from getting away" because that was his intention by following TM and TM's intention was to get home which is where he was headed. The fact that a 911 call from TM's phone does not look like he was sporting for a fight. This path and direction he was traveling shows he was headed for home. TM did not run through the front gate which would have been a closer exit point had he been a suspect when GZ first encounter TM at the clubhouse.

The fact GZ never identified himself is a big problem for him. He had the opportunity to do so at the clubhouse but as soon as he was instructed by LE that he did not have to follow and indicated he understood by saying okay, everything he did after that was against the NWP rules and those of law enforcement. LE states do not engage a suspect, that is our job, he attended that class, GF knew better. jmo

Trayvon Martin Shooter 'Couldn't Stop Crying' After Shooting..

"After this started – the reports I got – [Zimmerman] "couldn't stop crying,'' Joe Oliver told "Good Morning America" on Sunday.

Oliver, who said he is a close friend of the family, said Zimmerman has gone into hiding, fears for his life, and is "just now becoming aware of how big this has gotten."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...rying-shooting/story?id=15997075#.T28yITH2b2Y

Whatever!! The moment he started crying was the moment that he found out that people were going to be taking a long hard look at this case and that he stands to be charged with murder.

He better stay hidden with that $10,000 bounty on his head from the Black Panthers.

You darn straight it's gotten so big. I'm sure his dad fully instructed him on what to say to law enforcement that night and he thought he was free and clear when they allowed him to go home. He never imagined it would get this big. What a coward this man is.

~jmo~

What disturbs me is how Mary describes the sounds of a child whimpering right before TM was shot? That means he saw the gun and knew what was coming.

I'm a woman and had GZ approached me in such a manner and I was not obligated to answer him and tried to walk away only to have GZ grab my arm, my first reaction would be to kick him, and guess what, I'd be dead afterwards.

People who are never held responsible for their misconduct often end up in this type of a situation. GZ never seemed to have been held accountable for his actions always escaping by some miracle of chance or intervention by someone in authority. From what we understand about how this case was initially investigated it appears that, again, some type of miracle saved GZ from being charged. jmo

One another snip from the article which proves exactly what I just said. He is a COWARD.

"On Saturday, Oliver said that in recent days Zimmerman has contacted a number of his friends, asking them to speak publicly in his defense, but that each of them declined his request, fearing for their own safety."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah