FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope...dummy me typed it in notepad while doing the research, (about 3 hrs. worth) and cut and pasted to post. Then I just closed notepad without saving, thinking the post would remain here. My bad!:banghead:

can you go back into your history somehow to retrieve the 'unsaved' notes?

I don't know if it's possible ... just wondering

also, don't know how possible this is either but maybe a mod can help you retrieve the deleted post so you can have it for yout records at least?

According to the Florida Lottery's site they withhold 25% if the winner is a US Citizen with a SSN. However, for 2006 the top marginal rate was 35%.

If he took $17MM even after the withholding he would get $12.75MM. He doesn't strike me as an individual with a lot of itemized deductions, so in the worst case (since he won in November of 2006 leaving little time for tax planning) his taxes on $17MM would have been about $5.9MM. Since the 25% withheld would be $4.25MM that means he'd have a tax bill of $1.65MM due January 15th 2007.

So from winning $31MM (which is a BS number as it's a non-discounted sum of a stream of future payments, but I digress) he takes a present value of $17MM and ends up with $11MM after all the taxes are paid.

One thinks one could make it more than 2 years on that. I could.

You would think. The guy that put tile in my house told me his sil won 1.2 mil cash payment last year. In 4 months he was not only broke but didnt have the additional $75k he owed the IRS, so now he has to sell his $400k house for alot less because of the market and he and his wife and kids are now living with Dad. 4 months! I could see someone going through 12mil in in 2 years.

Plus...and here is something everyone is forgeting, Dude had to go to court to defend his claim to the Lottery money 2 years ago. How much do you think the Lawyer got out of that??? Usually they get 30-40% of a settlement so I am thinking that they probably got a big lump and probably on a contingency basis, meaning they got a big lump sum at the end.

Over and over you see people who had nothing get these big payouts and they're generally broke in 2 years. It's because the same patterns that made them broke before don't change, so they money just flows out as before but the numbers are bigger.

Not a moral judgement, some people just can't manage it.

You read about athletes that made $mil$, and are broke a few years after they leave the game.

After Michael Ford/co-worker filed a lawsuit against Abraham, he/attorney kept track of what Abraham was doing with the winnings in case Michael won. They filed papers detailing these accounts to the court so they could take it in the event of winning the lawsuit.

Abraham had a number of investment accounts and set up a trust fund for his son. So hopefully there are funds that were protected.

http://ori2.polk-county.net/wb_or1/details.asp?doc_id=4176436&file_num=2007198096&doc_status=V

Today I looked for a link to an article about 'lottery winner's curse' and I couldn't find the 15 page article I'd read previously, but if you search under the same type wording, there are a lot of articles written in the same vein.

In Abraham's situation, I am really not understanding why this man would allegedly go into hiding or run away, from a simple child support order/case. Perhaps I'm too simple to understand? After winning this much money, there would have been more than enough money to pay off any arrearages (sp?) and pay enough or put into trust to see the child through several (if not all of his life) years?

I really wish that Abraham was in Baltimore or somewhere, and I wish that he'd get in touch with a family member or LE, to let them know he's safe.

Everyone do your research on the lawyer and I think the questions you have may be anwsered!!

There are a number of posts related to Howard Stitzel. His name is on many of the mortgage transactions involving American Medical Professional. He is also Ms. Moore's personal attorney. His words are as truthful as her words.

There are a number of posts related to Howard Stitzel. His name is on many of the mortgage transactions involving American Medical Professional. He is also Ms. Moore's personal attorney. His words are as truthful as her words.

I did see that before. And we wondered how Ms Moore made her way to Abraham S.
Or did Mr Stitzel find his way to Abraham through Ms Moore?

can you go back into your history somehow to retrieve the 'unsaved' notes?

I don't know if it's possible ... just wondering

also, don't know how possible this is either but maybe a mod can help you retrieve the deleted post so you can have it for yout records at least?

I recovered it. Google cache is your friend! :dance:

Like I said in my first post, you guys on here are great!!! You keep us on out toes and believe it or not, we actually learn a thing or two from you. There is a lot more to the story, and I can promise that if you keep up with the case there will revelations that shock you!!

If you look at the names mentioned in the article and any others that were somehow connected to the mortgages, you'll see them buying property all over Florida right now. I've seen transactions happening just last week. Many have the same witnesses/title names and same pattern of taking out a mortgage and paying it off in one week. Or the classic QuitClaim.

Someone in the mortgage business introduced her to Abraham is my guess.

Whoever you are, please promise you'll get these criminals. It's so enormous that I'm feeling deflated. Once my path took me to Zephyrhills, I couldn't go on.
You are correct, it is enormous. It is going to take time and there is a lot of work to be done, but the "criminals" will be gotten.

Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union is a common denominator with many of the names including Moore and Stitzel. They have all had recent judgments against them. I'll get the links and post the court papers from Hillsborough County. All tied to mortgage fraud. Stitzel is a partner of Byrd & Stitzel Property Group in Plant City which explains his close ties to Moore.

Q. What percentage in taxes will the Lottery withhold from my prize?
A. The Internal Revenue Service requires that the Florida Lottery withhold 25 percent federal withholding tax from prizes greater than $5,000 if the winner is a citizen or resident alien of the U.S. with a Social Security number.

florida has no income tax so that federal tax is it

30/4=7or8ish=22 million

Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union is a common denominator with many of the names including Moore and Stitzel. They have all had recent judgments against them. I'll get the links and post the court papers from Hillsborough County. All tied to mortgage fraud. Stitzel is a partner of Byrd & Stitzel Property Group in Plant City which explains his close ties to Moore.

geez byrd was on something i was looking at last night. i know cause i was like is that that byrd who was murdered. i will try to remember how i got to it.

Poor Mr. Stitzel....his house of cards is falling down:

Document Type: (JUD) JUDGMENT
Modified Date:
Date : 10/5/2009 11:51:14 AM
Event Date : Not Available
Grantor: SUNCOAST SCHOOLS FEDERAL CREDIT UNION (10/7/2009 3:51:28 PM)
Grantee: STITZEL DAVID HOWARD III (10/7/2009 3:51:28 PM)
Book Type: O
Book / Page: 19497 / 1715
# of Pages: 3
Consideration: 0.00
Legal Description
Legal:
Address:
Case Number: 2009-CC-019690
Judgement Amount:$13,169.48
http://pubrec3.hillsclerk.com/oncore/ShowDetails.aspx?id=14707899&direct=1

Modified Date:
Date : 9/23/2009 2:21:41 PM
Grantor: SUNTRUST BANK (9/28/2009 9:19:25 AM)
Grantee: STITZEL DAVID H III (9/28/2009 9:19:25 AM)
Book / Page: 19480 / 20
# of Pages: 4
Legal Description
Legal:
Address:
Case Number: 09-CA-014436
Judgement Amount:$140,348.13
http://pubrec3.hillsclerk.com/oncore/ShowDetails.aspx?id=14681627&direct=1

Modified Date:
Date : 7/29/2009 11:29:17 AM
Grantor: PLATINUM BANK (8/3/2009 11:00:31 AM)
Grantee: STITZEL D HOWARD III (8/3/2009 11:00:31 AM)
Book / Page: 19382 / 1711
# of Pages: 3
Legal Description
Legal:
Address:
Case Number: 09 CA 014657
Judgement Amount:$37,594.14
http://pubrec3.hillsclerk.com/oncore/ShowDetails.aspx?id=14547943&direct=1

Modified Date:
Date : 5/8/2009 9:20:15 AM
Grantor: SUNSHINE STATE FEDERAL S&LA (5/12/2009 2:33:14 PM)
Grantee: STITZEL D HOWARD III (5/12/2009 2:33:14 PM)
Book / Page: 19243 / 1458
# of Pages: 2
Legal Description
Legal:
Address:
Case Number: 2009-CA-004373
Judgement Amount:$72,501.05
http://pubrec3.hillsclerk.com/oncore/ShowDetails.aspx?id=14352919&direct=1

Modified Date:
Date : 3/10/2009 12:14:07 PM
Grantor: CHASE BANK USA NA (3/12/2009 9:23:16 AM)
Grantee: STITZEL DAVID H III (3/12/2009 9:23:16 AM)
Book / Page: 19140 / 1717
# of Pages: 1
Legal Description
Legal:
Address:
Case Number: 08-33999
Judgement Amount:$14,755.79
http://pubrec3.hillsclerk.com/oncore/ShowDetails.aspx?id=14206276&direct=1

$278,368.59, (plus interest) worth of judgements in less than 7 months!

IMO, not one I'd run to if I needed legal help.

Both DM and HS have the main prereqs for being under heavy scrutiny: 1) Motive and 2) Opportunity.

geez byrd was on something i was looking at last night. i know cause i was like is that that byrd who was murdered. i will try to remember how i got to it.

That is intriguing.

Backtrack through your history....

You are correct, it is enormous. It is going to take time and there is a lot of work to be done, but the "criminals" will be gotten.

Per WS rules, you must stop posting until you have contacted WS's owner and she has verified that you are with LE. This is routine for all cases where posters claim to be friends, family, or LE associated with a case and is designed to weed out imposters who come on WS and post information that is false. Tricia's email addy is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thank you,

Hoppyfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members