FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the guy in the white SUV that she said shot Abraham (before she said it was Cedric) was undercover detective Smith. And after the interview, as she walked out to the parking lot, she fell to her knees crying and told the detective her son shot Abraham. She changed her story about who actually shot Abraham 3 different times in that hour or so.

The look on her face after the interview played said it all - any juror who saw that could tell she is guilty - she had the face of somebody who knows her goose is cooked. No laughing or crying, just hard reality reflected in her face for a few minutes.

Gee, I was gone just over an hour and just came on at the end of DIRECT! I can't wait to have this all posted so I can catch the rest of what I missed.

It's 6:47 EST and the judge is sending the jury out so DD can compose herself. This judge is really wanting this trial to be finished!.

The State rests! The jury will be back 9:30 Monday morning.

The Defense asks if they can defer motions until Monday so they don't make any errors.

1. Renewal of motions
2. Motion for directed verdict of acquittal (standard in any trial, usually dismissed by the judge.
3. Motions will be heard at 8:30 Monday an the feed will start then.
4. Judge tells defense attys that they will have enough time to talk with Ms. Moore about whether or not she will testify.
5. Will also go over jury instructions.

Thanks for the updates. I have not been able to follow this one as I an serving jury duty myself.

what is wrong with her? Day 10 Seg. 5 @ 20:05 she starts the story of how Abraham got shot and still she lies but not at near the pace of her previous lies. They know she is lying and she is the killer.

Could she be a multiple? Do all multiples create different names for all their actions? just asking cause this is beyond weird. This goes beyond regular lying to attempt to skirt a murder charge

the cop just asked her if there is something wrong with her LOL @ 37;37

Just saw about this case on the home page. How did we know dee see was a WS member? Did she post here after the murder? Did she know the victim personally?

She posted under her own name, and there are quite a few threads on the case, See the first post for the link :)

HTH

Sent from my LG Motion using Tapatalk 2

Aberaham must have gone to the bank and found out he no longer had access to his money that is when he confronted Dee Dee and she killed him. I do not think Cedrick was there..She almost gave this away in this recording. I heard enough for one night LOL

I am catching up on everything I missed because I watched the Elizabeth Johnson sentencing (plus I knew I could come back and watch these tapes in their entirety) DD is beyond stupid. I don't know how in the hell she could think that talking to detectives was going to help her... she thought she was smart. I'm glad she talked to them because she helped catch Abraham's killer....HER! Poor Abraham. He is the victim not DD! She is the Perp. God rest his soul and Justice for Abraham. "See" everyone Monday. :seeya:

I saw/heard something at the end of the last segment today when they were discussing doing motions, etc., on Monday morning. The older defense lawyer wanted to make sure the prosecuting attorney had 'something' having to do with a charge of manslaughter. He said it was taken care of already. Wondering if they are going to plead her out to manslaughter on Monday~!! DD's eyes look lifeless/hopeless so I'd guess she had faced the reality that she's not going to walk... Her attorneys look to me like they want to distance themselves from her.. don't even look at her if they can help it. IMO MOO etc.

I think that she still thinks that IF ONLY she could tell her story in her own words the jury would understand~! :waitasec: But I think she also realizes that she's dead in the water. :rocker:

I saw/heard something at the end of the last segment today when they were discussing doing motions, etc., on Monday morning. The older defense lawyer wanted to make sure the prosecuting attorney had 'something' having to do with a charge of manslaughter. He said it was taken care of already. Wondering if they are going to plead her out to manslaughter on Monday~!! DD's eyes look lifeless/hopeless so I'd guess she had faced the reality that she's not going to walk... Her attorneys look to me like they want to distance themselves from her.. don't even look at her if they can help it. IMO MOO etc.

I think that she still thinks that IF ONLY she could tell her story in her own words the jury would understand~! :waitasec: But I think she also realizes that she's dead in the water. :rocker:

Without going back and looking, I believe they were discussing manslaughter as a lesser included charge when the case goes to the jury. I'm not sure what the discussion entailed but it could be about jury instructions.

After thinking about the entirety of the video and audio tapes shown, I've come to the conclusion that DD's initial motive to be involved with Shakespeare was to simply get all his remaining cash under the guise of helping him. Being a local scam-lady, she realized that he was illiterate and had a penchant for giving money away. He would be an easy mark.

While she pretty much got the money, she botched the job based on her banking activities and lavish spending.

Abraham finally figured out he'd been swindled yet again, only this time, it was literally his last dime. DD knew he had to go and lured him to the red house where she shot him.

Her original plan was to have her ex dig a hole and go away. She then hauled him out and dumped him in with enough debris to cover the body. She then called ex and had him fill in the hole. Then, a nice slab over it and voila! Her problems were over. All she had to do was tell people that Abraham had gone into hiding.

The fact that she bought a back-hoe for the purpose shows premeditation.

Unfortunately, people noticed Abraham was missing and, over the months, her story grew and grew way out of proportion and she had to take counter-measures to keep the police at bay.

When things got very hot, she decided that the best way to avoid detection was to go on the offensive with LE and say she had been "set up" by any number of people. How could LE believe she did it if she went to them voluntarily with her story?

As we saw, it didn't work.

IMHO, I believe that, among other things, this woman probably suffers from histrionic personality disorder as has been discussed in the past here.

Symptoms:

Acting or looking overly seductive

Being easily influenced by other people

Being overly concerned with their looks

Being overly dramatic and emotional

Being overly sensitive to criticism or disapproval

Believing that relationships are more intimate than they actually are

Blaming failure or disappointment on others

Constantly seeking reassurance or approval

Having a low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification

Needing to be the center of attention (self-centeredness)

Quickly changing emotions, which may seem shallow to others

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002498/

I'm wondering if she allowed her attorneys (past and/or present) to have her tested psychologically to use the results in a mitigation phase of sentencing.

Without going back and looking, I believe they were discussing manslaughter as a lesser included charge when the case goes to the jury. I'm not sure what the discussion entailed but it could be about jury instructions.

After thinking about the entirety of the video and audio tapes shown, I've come to the conclusion that DD's initial motive to be involved with Shakespeare was to simply get all his remaining cash under the guise of helping him. Being a local scam-lady, she realized that he was illiterate and had a penchant for giving money away. He would be an easy mark.

While she pretty much got the money, she botched the job based on her banking activities and lavish spending.

Abraham finally figured out he'd been swindled yet again, only this time, it was literally his last dime. DD knew he had to go and lured him to the red house where she shot him.

Her original plan was to have her ex dig a hole and go away. She then hauled him out and dumped him in with enough debris to cover the body. She then called ex and had him fill in the hole. Then, a nice slab over it and voila! Her problems were over. All she had to do was tell people that Abraham had gone into hiding.

The fact that she bought a back-hoe for the purpose shows premeditation.

Unfortunately, people noticed Abraham was missing and, over the months, her story grew and grew way out of proportion and she had to take counter-measures to keep the police at bay.

When things got very hot, she decided that the best way to avoid detection was to go on the offensive with LE and say she had been "set up" by any number of people. How could LE believe she did it if she went to them voluntarily with her story?

As we saw, it didn't work.

IMHO, I believe that, among other things, this woman probably suffers from histrionic personality disorder as has been discussed in the past here.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002498/

I'm wondering if she allowed her attorneys (past and/or present) to have her tested psychologically to use the results in a mitigation phase of sentencing.

Bravo I was wondering what her problem is LOL Please dont say Manslaughter unless it means life behind bars. The world does not need someone with her capicity running around amongst the public. Its bad enough Casey slid by the system dont tell me it's going to happen again.

She can profess all she wants how she was only helping Aberaham but I can clearly see she stole his money, tried to keep him from finding out, spent as much as she could before he found it, then killed the man when she felt threatened...

I think it is a no brainer for the jury and Murder 1 should apply. I have no idea why they didnt go for the DP unless they are afraid of the CA effect.

Has anyone found out what happened in her marriage? I was listening to her ex hubby who said he was married to this woman for 16 years, can you imagine what a rollercoaster that must have been. Even after that he agrees to do yard work for her? Strange. So I wonder what pressure she must have felt as this marriage must have disolved right prior to her meeting Aberaham. Wondering if partly she saw this as a get rich quick scheme to solve her problems of money w/o a hubby to support her.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001930/

Thank you CarolinaMoon there should be a pic of ole Dee Dee next to this diagnosis. I have always been interested in what makes people tick. Also I would guess most criminals like her have underlying disorders. So, is this criminally insane? or just plain criminal? A part of me thinks people like her should be in mental wards and not prison but obviously the prison system must not feel this way as they just lock everybody up in the same system.

I remember going to work one day in downtown Dallas and all these strange looking people were walking around in downtown. The lawyer I had with me said it was Ronald Reagan's fault because he had cut all the psychiatric funding and the mental hospitals had just cut those folks loose on the streets. Since then nothing really substantial has come along to help those people either. Ofcourse I do not think Dee Dee is anywhere near those folks I saw wandering around the streets but she fits the general mental patient mold IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela