FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any lessor charges for the Jury to consider anyone know?

I'm a little concerned because if the jury believes the pros didn't prove their case there's not much more to consider is there?

I guess we all worry after a certain Pinellas group.

Thankfully that case was much more the exception than the rule. This case reminds me of the last Florida trial I watched in which there was damning video evidence and insider testimony - when Patrick Gonzalez was convicted of the murder of Byrd and Melanie Billings. His defense team didn't have much to work with either so they rested without calling any witnesses.

Also another thing IMO that proves she is a crook, there was no discussion about what her fee would be if any for all this work she did. Nothing NADA that proves to me this was all a scam from the get-go. It never was an " Im helping him save what is left of his money" type deal.

Are there any lessor charges for the Jury to consider anyone know?

I'm a little concerned because if the jury believes the pros didn't prove their case there's not much more to consider is there?

I guess we all worry after a certain Pinellas group.

I know they went over that stuff earlier today, the instructions they're going to give the jury and both sides agreeing. They mention manslaughter and such, but I wasn't paying close enough attention to see if they can consider them or not. I thought I'd catch it at the time he gives the jury the instructions just before deliberations.

JMHO
fran

:what:
im worried about that too in fact I wish they had some testimony of witness that heard Abraham say he was angry at her for taking the money. I didnt see or hear any thing close to that. Reason being if they proove he was mad at her spending his money it prooves she didnt have permission and gives her the motive to kill him before he finds out.

I did hear that a bank man told him he was off the account. That is it, Did Abe tell anyone that he had caught on to what she was doing?

I thought the bank employee had said Abraham threatened him when he was told he couldn't access the account/money?

I think Abraham may have told other people but I don't know why the state didn't produce them. Maybe they aren't very savory types and the state had the bank guy?

I know they went over that stuff earlier today, the instructions they're going to give the jury and both sides agreeing. They mention manslaughter and such, but I wasn't paying close enough attention to see if they can consider them or not. I thought I'd catch it at the time he gives the jury the instructions just before deliberations.

JMHO
fran

I think the state is going for murder in the first but the jury will get to decide on that and lesser charges, like I think it was aggravated manslaughter(?).

:what:

I thought the bank employee had said Abraham threatened him when he was told he couldn't access the account/money?

I think Abraham may have told other people but I don't know why the state didn't produce them. Maybe they aren't very savory types and the state had the bank guy?

I think you are right and that was in March by that time she was blowing and going with his money probably trying to spend it all before Abe hired a lawyer to freeze it. Seriously, I wonder if there is some bucks buried somewhere in FLorida LOL

Is defense finished....on break?

I don't know if the judge wants the def to speak to the jury a little more, or if he was talking to the pros, who's going to talk again in rebuttal. I wasn't watching the, just listening and posting here! :)

fran

I think you are right and that was in March by that time she was blowing and going with his money probably trying to spend it all before Abe hired a lawyer to freeze it. Seriously, I wonder if there is some bucks buried somewhere in FLorida LOL

That's my understanding of it too and I don't remember understanding where the whole $1,095,000 went. DM does like to bury things. Could be half a million somewhere in her back yard...

I dont want her to get an appeal but if she is convicted I can see her appellant attorney reversing this in a heartbeat for not prooving she was the trigger person they really didnt prove anything other than she is a liar and scam artist

I saw a whole lotta proof of stealing but not that much proof of the murder. I know with fairly good certainty that she was the one and only killer but is this enough to proove it to the jury? I missed the voi dire and the 1st 2 days of testimony Ive been looking for it too can anyone send a link to that. Wondering what kind of people are on this jury?
I agree...

if there is any buried moola its on that 10 acres I bet

Proof of the crime of murder, is the body.

The def had the motive, means, and opportunity. The State's case all points, circumstantially towards the def. I think that's all they need to get a guilty verdict.

JMHO
fran

if there is any buried moola its on that 10 acres I bet

OMG! I just had a horrific flashback to Truman Capote's book In Cold Blood. the plot to that story was one inmate told another to go get the 10 grand the Clutter family had hidden in their home.

I woudnt take that big house for all the tea in China! Whomever buys it better have great security...

Oh, I'm so glad the pros brought that up! The $250K for each of four years of her business, is the GROSS (in other words) NOT net! She had to pay payroll and all business expenses out of that. She had to pay nurses.

Phew! Glad they got that in!
:twocents:
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads