FL - Adam Kaufman on trial for the murder of wife Eleanora Kaufman, 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The defence doesnt have to prove how she got them .The state has to prove how she got them.

Did they prove to you beyond a reasonable doubt Adam choked her to death with his hands or whatever he used to choke her to death?

Their own statement in closing reinforced reasonable doubt. 2 experts said she died from a heart condition. 2.

Baldwin acted sloppy ,eager to please and biased . The slide issue shows his adversion to the defence team and finding it after not wanting to fill the request way back when is what lead to heart issue being used in this trial anyway.

How can I rely on any evidence from their office at all , when heart issues were found and they misplaced the slides they had until they needed them for court during the trial?
Sneaky tactic and impossible to prove the intent in court unless he put it in wrighting that he hide them on purpose.

I saw this happen in CA's trial with something to but I forgot what it was exactly.

Again I missed testimony and evidence present so I am not informed to even make a fake verdict but it is fun to so I did based on what I saw.

Yes I know the defense doesn't have to prove anything. They could've rested their case without putting any witnesses on the stand and in closing say the State hasn't proven their case and list why, etc.

The fact is they did put witnesses and the day I watched, they had the fire chief who couldn't remember much of anything except he did remember that Adam was wearing shorts and a tshirt which I found very interesting. They put Lina's mom on the stand. Again, I did not find her credible and for reasons explained earlier including testimony that Lina fainted at least a dozen times but never saw a doctor to explore why this was happening? I have nothing against the woman but I truly believe she may have felt threatened (real or just her feeling) that she would not see her grandchildren again if she went against the Kaufman's. They have $$$$

Then they had that ME guy (sorry don't recall his name) who testified that after looking at the autopsy report he noticed scars on the heart. IIRC, he said the heart did not kill Lina but her fall and the pressure on her neck from the magazine rack (asphyxiation) was what caused her death. I did not believe his theory.

I also missed a lot of the testimony and missed closing but I can't get around the marks on her neck. I don't they were caused naturally by a fall. No way.

:moo:

30+ years ago I taught C.P.R. in the U.S. Navy. C.P.R. is a violent procedure and could very easily cause damage to the body. Realize what C.P.R. is doing, it is compressing the rib cage and the underlying heart muscle at least two inches in order to be effective. This takes a considerable amount of brute force to achieve. I found the most difficult thing to teach was the amount of force required. Some of my rough & tough students could not muster the force needed to achieve two inches of compression. Any object behind the back or a very uneven surface could easily leave marks.

When I saw the photos of Lina Kaufman's neck I could also relate to the intubation theory. I have been trained in battlefield triage and first aid and have seen a few videos showing a soldier being intubated. This can be a very simple procedure or it can be a little rough. Especially if the wrong size tube is used or something is preventing a clear visual of the throat. Granted, my experience is dated and newer technologies may be different. The mark on Lina's neck was quite unremarkable, I have done worse to myself with an accidental swipe of a fingernail on or about my face. In fact I did just such a thing two weeks ago.

My opinion in the Adam Kaufman case, if anyone cares for it, is that the state was extremely overreaching and if I were the judge I would reprimand the state's attorneys in this case and rule for an acquittal. The state had no basis for filing a charge against Adam Kaufman, which is evidenced by the fact that they did not have any [evidence]. I feel that legally and morally it was wrong to put Adam and his family through this trial and there needs to be a stricter standard for prosecutors. I have seen far too many prosecutors knowingly push forward to try and convict someone they simply know to be innocent. I would be inclined to support a law that would allow prosecutors to be charged for attempting to convict an apparently innocent man. It happens much too often in this so-called "free" and "just" country. Attorneys will tell you it is how our legal system works and it is necessary that it works this way, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Every single day in this country, prosecutors get up in front of judge and jury and completely fabricate lies, lies which they know to be lies. I don't care how it is justified, it is simply wrong.

I thank you Arjuna for your post and welcome here. Hope you hang around for more trials.

I want to point out they are also claiming this:

Petechia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently this is a classic symptom of strangulation and why I wish they would let us see the crime scene pics and autopsy pics. I cant make any kind of opinion w/o those pics. I could see very little as the prosecutor was dancing around during his closing.

Oh yes im from Texas know all about the state railroading defendants. We head um up move um out and string um up faster than you can say giddy up LOL really its not funny its sad and has many reasons I suppose political, brownie points, raises, you know state prosecutors dont make near what a good defense attorney makes. They may want to run for some office some time in the future, hence some of their zeal may come from this.

I am reminded of Darlie Routier sitting on death row claiming her innocence while the state prosecutor was popped for something I cant recall right now but is a serious crediability charge.

It would be a hard job and im sure the state is jaded and biased for a conviction. I have heard some horror stories.

In this case they have their medical examiner telling them this is a homicide so I dont know what choice they have but to proceed with a trial and see what happens.

Again his remarks about the neck marks and this petechia business gives me worry.

The jury cannot receive the demonstrative because it was not submitted as evidence .

Jurors want the demonstrative --the large one--that shows all of the injuries.

And, they turned in their lunch order.

Good sign! I would love to have seen the photos of the injuries on her neck also.

The demonstrative showing her injuries were not admitted into evidence? The autopsy photos? Or what exactly are they referring to?

The demonstrative showing her injuries were not admitted into evidence? The autopsy photos? Or what exactly are they referring to?

A demonstrative aide that a defence expert had to show how her injuries could have happened i think it matched up with her injuries maybe . The defence did not get it admitted as evidence for whatever reason.

Sonni Hosten (sp?) wanted both pros and def exhibits of the marks on her neck. While Sonni originally said it was good for the defense, IMHO, it also goes to the fact that the most important thing for the jury right now is to see how she got those injuries. They are also possibly considering the fact they were mentioned by Adam in the 911 call?

The jury cannot receive the demonstrative because it was not submitted as evidence .

Huh. Weird.

The judge ruled that it was demonstrative evidence and it was not submitted.

I'm confused.

Sonni Hosten (sp?) wanted both pros and def exhibits of the marks on her neck. While Sonni originally said it was good for the defense, IMHO, it also goes to the fact that the most important thing for the jury right now is to see how she got those injuries. They are also possibly considering the fact they were mentioned by Adam in the 911 call?

Seems that with the aide they might have confirmed reasonable doubt.

Or the jury is split.

This was the defense demonstrative aids? I wonder why they weren't entered into evidence. Did they forget to mark them as evidence? :waitasec:

IS just said they wanted the pictures that each side presented. So, I guess neither side put the pics into evidence??? Doesn't make sense to me.

This was the defense demonstrative aids? I wonder why they weren't entered into evidence. Did they forget to mark them as evidence? :waitasec:

Demonstrative aids are just that for demonstration ONLY, they are not admitted. The witness uses the item(s) to assist in their testimony for the jury at the time of their testimony only.

They are teachers? I thought Adam was a real estate developer?

Demonstrative aids are just that for demonstration ONLY, they are not admitted. The witness uses the item(s) to assist in their testimony for the jury at the time of their testimony only.

ok that makes sense. It's not real evidence. Just witness opinion. Autopsy photos as an example would be provided to them if requested, right?

ok that makes sense. It's not real evidence. Just witness opinion. Autopsy photos as an example would be provided to them if requested, right?

Yes, admitted autopsy photos would be made available if requested.

They are teachers? I thought Adam was a real estate developer?

LOL, who knows, their Uncle was on IS last week saying their worked for him in his real estate business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735
Back