FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed Oprah too. Not even so much as an automated response saying that they received the email like you get with so many these days. sigh... and you think that they would after taking so much info just to send an email.

OT
Don't want to step on any toes because she is almost seen as a saint these days, but I don't think so much of Oprah anymore, not just because she (or any of her many employees) did not answer our emails ,she just seems so different now.

Oprah will get higher ratings if she does a show on giving Rhianna advice than she would about a little six year old boy that's missing.

She has changed, and not necessarily for the better.

I think they need to organize another search for Adji, around where he went missing. I remember that website that was posted a while back where you could suggest areas to search. Does anyone know if anyone is following through on those suggestions? Even if they already searched it once, it can't hurt to go back through. Adji needs to be found.

Forgive me for not remembering this, but didn't hear or read somewhere that Adji's stepfather was at the laundrymat down the street? Has that been proven? Sorry, it's just so many of these cases end up being the cause of a parent or step-parent.

JMO

Forgive me for not remembering this, but didn't hear or read somewhere that Adji's stepfather was at the laundrymat down the street? Has that been proven? Sorry, it's just so many of these cases end up being the cause of a parent or step-parent.

JMO

One of the workshops I went to back in the day was about child abuse and the speaker, a woman from the DAs office said "The statistics show that when a child/infant is murdered, it's always the mom's boyfriend." We all kind of tittered uncomfortably and she said "Not 100% of course, but more times than not, that is the perp."

Let's see, I did have a point...what was it...oh yes, the problem with this case is there has not been enough info coming out for me to say "Ah ha, THAT is the guilty party." Makes me wish we had some myspace pictures or family gossip, anything to provide a clue.

Okay it's obvious NG and others are not going to cover this. Maybe Oprah? She could get the little guys face out there. Maybe even have the family on. What do you guys think?
Where was Adji's "30 day" press conference? This is unacceptable!
Im thinking the exact same thing!!! Dont get me wrong, i love little haleigh and caylee, but it is so disgruntling to me that he has not had more air time!!! I hate to say this but I really believe there is a certain prejudice against missing children that are not white or rich. I know Ill probably get smacked for saying this, but how else can you explain this???? That poor little guy is still out there somewhere and Im saying prayers for him everynight that he is found!!! Poor Adji...God bless you little man! :rose:

JMO
I said the same exact thing in a post somewhere wasnt sure if it was here or on insession, but I thought the exact same thing, wonder if he has been cleared or had the poly... does anyone know about him???

I keep checking here, hoping there is some news of precious Adji. I'm sure LE is working hard on this case. There are so many missing babies everywhere. Something must be done to protect the little ones. I wish I could just take them all and love them like they should be loved. Life is so cruel to some. It is so unfair.

I keep checking here, hoping there is some news of precious Adji. I'm sure LE is working hard on this case. There are so many missing babies everywhere. Something must be done to protect the little ones. I wish I could just take them all and love them like they should be loved. Life is so cruel to some. It is so unfair.
awww I know, its so sad, they deserve so much better:-(

Im thinking the exact same thing!!! Dont get me wrong, i love little haleigh and caylee, but it is so disgruntling to me that he has not had more air time!!! I hate to say this but I really believe there is a certain prejudice against missing children that are not white or rich. I know Ill probably get smacked for saying this, but how else can you explain this???? That poor little guy is still out there somewhere and Im saying prayers for him everynight that he is found!!! Poor Adji...God bless you little man! :rose:

Well, I'm probably going to get kicked off the board for saying this, especially since I am mostly a lurker, but how are we any better here? Every featured case is a white woman/girl. We need to expand what we are doing here before we point fingers at the media because we are a reflection of what they think we want to hear.

Well, I'm probably going to get kicked off the board for saying this, especially since I am mostly a lurker, but how are we any better here? Every featured case is a white woman/girl. We need to expand what we are doing here before we point fingers at the media because we are a reflection of what they think we want to hear.

That's just it, we're here. I can't answer for any poster that isn't. I wonder if it's because they're isn't any dirty laundry being aired about the family. I know the majority of people on websleuths are here because they honestly care. I can't say the same for the media. They air what gets the ratings.

I agree with Lizzybeth's post. I won't disagree about racial aspects of the media's coverage of crime, but will add that a family's willingness to cooperate with/make use of the media is so vitally important. I wonder if Adji's family is aware of this?

Bump for Adji. Please let this be the day when they find him. Morning everyone.

That's just it, we're here. I can't answer for any poster that isn't. I wonder if it's because they're isn't any dirty laundry being aired about the family. I know the majority of people on websleuths are here because they honestly care. I can't say the same for the media. They air what gets the ratings.

You're right, they air what gets ratings. The issue with families and law enforcement is that there are some cultures that view the police with a suspicious eye because of their past interactions with them. In their eyes, the police are there to harrass you, not help you. By giving your information to the police, are they really only going to use it to help find a child, or are they going to hold it against you for something else? The suspicion of that is there, even if you have never done anything illegal.It makes sense, really, when your interactions/expectations are negative, even when a child is missing.

Middle class "white" folks don't tend to have this issue, so all their business gets put right out there. That's probably why we know so much about cases like JonBenet and the Anthonys. Middle class white people are also the demographic some of the press plays to -- Nancy Grace, for example. The whole "that could be me/my daughter" is the thing that hooks many people in. Not the cases that involve someone of color, or someone who is poor, or on drugs, or illegal, or mentally ill, or a prostitute, or lives in a trailer and isn't supervised. Those people are not "us" and therefore, we don't relate. By "we" I am NOT referring to the people on this board, but society as a whole. The people on this board fiercely look out for the children who are missing, no matter their circumstances, race, etc. I find that to be very hopeful.

I guess I just wish things would change with the media. That sure was a windy way to say it, eh?;)

You're right, they air what gets ratings. The issue with families and law enforcement is that there are some cultures that view the police with a suspicious eye because of their past interactions with them. In their eyes, the police are there to harrass you, not help you. By giving your information to the police, are they really only going to use it to help find a child, or are they going to hold it against you for something else? The suspicion of that is there, even if you have never done anything illegal.It makes sense, really, when your interactions/expectations are negative, even when a child is missing.

Middle class "white" folks don't tend to have this issue, so all their business gets put right out there. That's probably why we know so much about cases like JonBenet and the Anthonys. Middle class white people are also the demographic some of the press plays to -- Nancy Grace, for example. The whole "that could be me/my daughter" is the thing that hooks many people in. Not the cases that involve someone of color, or someone who is poor, or on drugs, or illegal, or mentally ill, or a prostitute, or lives in a trailer and isn't supervised. Those people are not "us" and therefore, we don't relate. By "we" I am NOT referring to the people on this board, but society as a whole. The people on this board fiercely look out for the children who are missing, no matter their circumstances, race, etc. I find that to be very hopeful.

I guess I just wish things would change with the media. That sure was a windy way to say it, eh?;)

That is a really good point and would be an interesting research project. I wonder who is advising Adji's family, what victim assistance group/person. Maybe the sheriff's office? I wonder if they are pushing the media to keep the story going. I need to look back at the posting about the person from there who was recently interviewed on Nancy Grace and send him an email. I would start by thanking him then ask him not to give up on finding Adji.

Way back in the day when someone was trying to start a Rape Crisis Center near here, they were told by a police chief "When we get a better class of rape victims, we'll create a crisis center for them." Arrrrrrgggg! That attitude is so pervasive. I think it covers all crime victims, including the missing. How many times have we heard of serial killers who pray on prostitutes because "no one cares if they go missing." Suddenly I feel like crying.

Someone once said "if you have done it to the least of these you have done it to Me" and these little children are surely the "least". I would not want to be the ones who hurt them.

No disrespect but I feel the reasons cases like Caylee and Haleigh have had so much coverage is because the families have kept themselves in front of the media.When a family comes out and asks for help and lets the world in on their life these IMO are usually the cases that stay out front in the media.I have not heard of anyone speaking out for this child from his family. I still have a hard time with any one letting a child who is like a 2 yr old be outside with out an adult.My children are 26 and 25 they never were left unattended outside by themselves ever.Children should be allowed to be children but in this world you have to be alert that monsters are everywhere.
Maybe after the Anthony family was ran thru so much mud the family might not want to put themselves out there. Like my grams always said the squeaky wheel gets the oil.JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper