FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No new info, just another article about it being 6 months...

Six months later, still no sign of Adji Desir

Six months after 6-year-old Adji Desir disappeared from outside his grandmother's Immokalee home, clues are drying up, but the boy's family isn't giving up.

Marie Neida has a brand new baby girl at home, but for six months, her first born, 6-year-old Adji, has been missing.

"I'm sad, I'm scared," Neida says.

She named her new born Adjiani, after her brother, but rather than being a namesake, Neida wishes Adji was home being a big brother.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/50509357.html

I'm praying that the lost little ones will be found and not cold cases!

The search for Adji entering a new venue -- the Internet

Facebook may be the new milk carton.

The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has taken a new approach in the search for Adji Desir, the missing Immokalee 6-year-old, possibly initiating a new trend other area law enforcement agencies will pursue in the future.

On July 10, the six-month anniversary of Adji’s disappearance, Sheriff’s Office officials posted a video about the case to the agency’s many Internet presences and asked members of the public to share it on the Web, including their profiles on the social networking sites Facebook and MySpace.

Two missing child experts said this is the first time they have heard of law enforcement taking such actions.

“This is not standard for law enforcement to reach out to the community like this,” said Dave Thelen, who has been helping parents find missing children worldwide for 20 years. “It is a good thing, because overall they are doing something that I have rarely heard of law enforcement doing, which is thinking outside the box.”

Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Jamie Mosbach said the decision to pursue the new avenue came from a brainstorming discussion on new avenues for expanding the search for Adji.

“We started thinking, ‘What’s the best way to get the word out there,’” Mosbach said. “If there’s a particular message we want to get out about safety to the community or we want to get help from the community, this was the best way to get the word out to the community as quickly as we can.”

Thomas Lauth has been investigating missing persons cases for 15 years and currently operates a for-hire investigation service for families. Like Thelen, Lauth also said it was the first time he had heard of law enforcement taking such actions, noting that it is usually families or nonprofits that go online for their searches.

(snipped)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jul/14/search-adji-entering-new-venue----internet/

Kudos again to Collier County!! Adji's family doesn't have the ability to get the word out on the net (it's unlikely the know how to use a computer, plus they don't speak English). I am SO happy others are doing it for them!:)

(snipped)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jul/14/search-adji-entering-new-venue----internet/

Kudos again to Collier County!! Adji's family doesn't have the ability to get the word out on the net (it's unlikely the know how to use a computer, plus they don't speak English). I am SO happy others are doing it for them!:)

----------------------------------------------

Such an important step for LE to recognize that Facebook and MySpace reach so many people!
Now, if only, they could put the information in Creole as well.

Little Ji Ji -

I added your videos to my siggy today. I can't watch the first one without crying. Where are you???!!

Something I've been thinking about the past few days...

Little Adji never had an AMBER Alert, but he did have a CANS Alert. His alert ran on the Code Amber ticker for 7 days, from January 15-22, but was then removed "per their policy". I think their policy is 7 days without an update and they will remove.

However...Haleigh's CANS alert has been running on their ticker since February 10, and it is still on there. Lindsey Baum's...since June 29 (now at 24 days).

I'm not angry that these other kids' alerts are still running. They are still missing. I'm just wondering if their's are up, why not Adji's??? I'm going to send a message to find out.

Idaho - please do send a message and ask why Adji's alert is not still running. If you don't want to, let me know and I will.

Like the rest of WS - I want this child to come home. I am impressed with the Sheriff's Office in this case and send them all the good will I can. I wish I could go to FL and look for this little one. I wish I had magic powers (but that's another story).

Adji - we are still looking for you and praying you are home soon.

Salem

Can one of you awesome posters educate me on what CANS is?

I continue to be very disappointed that Adji never got an Amber Alert. Ironically, I got Haleigh's while watching Caylee's memorial service.

Both of these precious children need to be found!

Hi Daisy - Idaho is the expert on the Amber Alerts, but I believe CANS is a modified Amber Alert. They use it when the circumstances of the disappearance don't meet all the requirements for an Amber Alert, such as no description of a car or a suspect.

I can't remember what the initials stand for :confused: Sorry. I'll have to go look.

Salem

Salem and chesterp are both right. :) CANS is the Code Amber News Service alert, which is a modified AMBER Alert. They usually call it the "CANS Missing Endangered Alert". Which means the child is in great danger, they just can't prove an abduction took place.

Here is Adji's CANS Alert page through Code Amber. http://codeamber.org/desirfl/ It is still "active" through them, just not on the ticker like the rest.

Salem, I did send a message to Code Amber yesterday. I haven't heard back yet though. But if you (or anyone else) wants to also, it can't hurt.

Checking in on Adji - Adji needs to be found. Do we know if all of the RSO's listed for Immokalee have been accounted for - meaning were any of them living nearby the Farm Workers Village? In 2007 there were 25 RSO's living in Immokalee:

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Immokalee-Florida.html

I don't think Adji just wandered off - everyone is doing a great job keeping focus on Adji here on WS. You are all wonderful sleuthers and have probably already checked into where these RSO's were living when Adji went missing.

Just looking at the layout of Immokalee and what's what and bumping for Adji.

Just checking in to see if there is any news. I will post the link on my Facebook page if I can figure out how to do it.

Adji is the missing child case that weighs the heaviest on my heart. It kills me that we don't know what happened to this angel. Did he wander off or was he kidnapped? :(

I don't post here much but I always keep my eye on Adji's thread here in hopes that there is some new news. I added the sheriff video to my facebook page. I applaud the SO for not giving up. Hopefully someone will remember something and come forward so we can find Adji.

When I saw this case was highlighted, I was so hopeful he had been found.

This case is always on my mind.

God Bless the baby.:blowkiss:

Adji is the missing child case that weighs the heaviest on my heart. It kills me that we don't know what happened to this angel. Did he wander off or was he kidnapped? :(

I don't post here much but I always keep my eye on Adji's thread here in hopes that there is some new news. I added the sheriff video to my facebook page. I applaud the SO for not giving up. Hopefully someone will remember something and come forward so we can find Adji.

Hi, Robyn -

I haven't been able to add Adji's videos to my FB page, cuz I don't know how to - can you tell me how to do it?

TIA!:blowkiss:

Hi, Robyn -

I haven't been able to add Adji's videos to my FB page, cuz I don't know how to - can you tell me how to do it?

TIA!:blowkiss:

Well, I'm not Robyn, but I think I know, so I'll share what I can.

If you have the video file saved on your computer, you can go to "Videos" and upload it. But I think this may be against copyright laws.

So another way to add it is...act like you're going to "update your status", and click on that box where you would type it. There should be an "Attach" section immediately below with graphics for photos, videos, links, etc. Click on the one for a LINK. Then copy and paste the link to the video (YouTube link) into the new box and click attach. Then you can add any comments where you would normally type your status. And click share.

I hope that makes sense. The second way is temporary, but it will show up on your profile page and the main status updates page. Aside from breaking copyright, I'm not sure of another way. But if there is another way to do it, I'm sure Robyn can help. And I'd like to know too. :)

Thanks I4G!

Any idea how to download from YouTube? Not that I want to violate copyright laws or anything...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper