FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just re-watched the vids in my siggy and I'm just bawling. Where is Ji Ji?

I just re-watched the vids in my siggy and I'm just bawling. Where is Ji Ji?
Ohh (((Daisy))), I was bawling earlier too. I don't cry too often but the idea he was forgotten slammed me fast.

Just to be sure I entered "Desir, Adji" into NamUs with no luck also.

Anyone can add info to NamUs. It doesn't have to be LE. If anyone has an account already, it may be easier than waiting on LE, even though CCSO has been great with Adji's case. I think I have an account, but I've never entered anyone yet. So if anyone has any experience, that may be the way to go. Although it couldn't hurt to ask CCSO why they haven't?

To send it to the Collier County Sheriff's Office in general, send to ccsoweb@colliersheriff.net. To send it to the CCSO Sheriff (Kevin J. Rambosk), send to sheriff@colliersheriff.net. To send it to the Special Crimes Bureau (Lt. Tom Smith), send to svblt@colliersheriff.net.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also, if anyone is interested in contacting Valassis, who did the flyers / inserts to see if they did it, or how exactly they did it, their website is http://www.valassis.com/1024/Home/10home.aspx?val=true. There's a "Contact Us" link there. I put the whole website so you can explore the missing children portion also.

Naples News is one that ran the story about the flyers being sent. Perhaps we could ask for a followup? Here is a link to a contact form for the woman who wrote the article. http://www.naplesnews.com/staff/elysa_batista/contact/

Here is the email I sent to the Sheriff and cc'd everyone else:

Dear Sheriff - I work with a group of internet sleuths that follow missing children cases and help out where ever we can with searching, posting flyers, etc.

We have been trying to find little Adji on the NamUs site: https://www.findthemissing.org/ and it appears that he has not been entered yet. We have a member with an account that is willing to enter Adji's information, but we thought it would be wise to check with you first to be sure we are not duplicating any efforts or interferring in any way.

We would all, also like to say thank you very much for your efforts on behalf of little Adji. We know that you are working hard to bring him home and we appreciate that very much.

Please let us know if you have any objections to us entering Adji's information into NamUs.

Thank you,

I tried to write it so that the Sheriff would understand this is a group effort and I included links to Adji's thread here. I also sent it with a "read receipt" so we will know when the link is opened and read.

Idaho - if the Sheriff has no objections, would you be willing to enter Adji's information? It was your idea and I think you said you had an account. I don't have an account, but I could make one?

Crossing my fingers we hear soon. Also, I hope everyone is in agreement with the thank you statement I included. Sometimes I think we should let LE know that we do appreciate their efforts.

Salem

Thanks for writing to them, Salem! I was going to find the address where we received the reply from on the last letter, but I can't seem to find it. But your letter sounds great!!! And I have no doubt it will get to the right people.

And I am definately in agreement with your thank you statement! CCSO has done an amazing job for Adji.

I do I have an account on NamUs. I've never entered anyone, but would definately be willing to learn and do it for Adji. :) Will just wait for the go-ahead.

Thank you, Salem!!!!!

I agree the Sheriff's office has gone above and beyond!! I look forward to reading their response.

Thanks for writing to them, Salem! I was going to find the address where we received the reply from on the last letter, but I can't seem to find it. But your letter sounds great!!! And I have no doubt it will get to the right people.

And I am definately in agreement with your thank you statement! CCSO has done an amazing job for Adji.

I do I have an account on NamUs. I've never entered anyone, but would definately be willing to learn and do it for Adji. :) Will just wait for the go-ahead.

Oh Good because here is our response!

Feel free to enter Adji. We appreciate any help we can get.

Ken

Sgt. Ken Becker
Collier County Sheriff's Office
Major Crimes Bureau / Exploitation Unit
Work Phone: (239) 793-9169
Fax Number: (239) 793-9104

So my dear Idaho - you are on! Please let us know when you have Adji entered and we can all go do a search for him. Also, any tips or info that you might find worth sharing as you go through the process for the first time would be great for our future reference!

Salem

Awesome! Glad we got a quick response! Thanks again for writing them, Salem!

Unfortunately, I forgot my password to NamUs! I have requested a new one, but for some reason it's not going through to my email. I will keep checking throughout the night, and try again tomorrow if it doesn't work. Hopefully I can get it figured out and get Adji up by the end of the week. :)

Okay, Adji is entered!

I will add the link here as soon as his case is processed / approved. He's currently not viewable yet.

Unfortunately, I don't have info about Adji's dentals, DNA, or fingerprints. I did click on a link to "get help" with dentals, but I'm not quite sure what that means. Becauses that info isn't entered, Adji's case is considered to have 2/5 stars, or low-medium strength. Wish there was an easy method to get that done.

Okay, Adji is entered!

I will add the link here as soon as his case is processed / approved. He's currently not viewable yet.

Unfortunately, I don't have info about Adji's dentals, DNA, or fingerprints. I did click on a link to "get help" with dentals, but I'm not quite sure what that means. Becauses that info isn't entered, Adji's case is considered to have 2/5 stars, or low-medium strength. Wish there was an easy method to get that done.

Thank you for doing this for Adji - was thinking maybe LE have his fingerprints so that it could be entered that they are available and maybe they also know about dentals. Maybe Salem would be kind enough to write the LE again to see if they know if these are available.

Crap, I am just full of maybes tonight - but really do appreciate what everyone is doing to find Adji. Wish our dear boy would come on home as it breaks my heart everytime I look at his dear G'ma's face with those tears streaming down.

Come on home Adji.

Thank you Idaho.

I was thinking perhaps LE had obtained at least the maternal DNA for matching purposes?

Thanks, I4G!!

I think CCSO has really gone above and beyond in the search for Adji, but I am disappointed by their response to Salem. I would think they would want to enter him into Namus themselves. Maybe the contact just doesn't know what Namus is??

Okay, Adji is entered!

Idaho - when you get the link, post it here. I will send an email to the Sgt. to let him know that Adji has been entered but that we are missing fingerprints, dentals, dna and other stuff only they have. Maybe they will enter whatever they have for him. I know they care about Adji, so the Sgt. may either do it himself or ask one of his staff to do it. It should be quick for them because all the basics will be there and they won't have to wait for the approval/processing.

Thank you so much for doing this. How was it? Was it hard? Now I guess we better go check on Hassani, Lindsey, Amber, and Haliegh. I probably left someone out?

Salem

Thanks, I4G!!

I think CCSO has really gone above and beyond in the search for Adji, but I am disappointed by their response to Salem. I would think they would want to enter him into Namus themselves. Maybe the contact just doesn't know what Namus is??

I think maybe they are just busy and it might have been on their list of things to do, but had not been completed yet. They have entered Adji into Codis - which is the database used first and the one LE is more apt to use because it is an LE database. That tells me they are making the effort. NamUs, while used by LE, is not their first choice (or at least my understanding is that it is not their first choice) because it is not controlled by LE - does that make sense?

I thought it was very nice of them to reply to my email within a matter of hours, like 2 hours. I think that is amazing. I have emailed and called LE on many ocassions now and almost always I have to wait at least a day and sometimes weeks.

So... here's a tip for everyone: I always try to do a "read receipt" when I send an email. I have found by doing this, I actually get a response :)

I'm so glad Adji is in NamUs now :) Thank you Idaho!!!

Salem

==========

I have entered several people into NaMus.
It is fairly straightforward.

Idaho - when you get the link, post it here. I will send an email to the Sgt. to let him know that Adji has been entered but that we are missing fingerprints, dentals, dna and other stuff only they have. Maybe they will enter whatever they have for him. I know they care about Adji, so the Sgt. may either do it himself or ask one of his staff to do it. It should be quick for them because all the basics will be there and they won't have to wait for the approval/processing.

Thank you so much for doing this. How was it? Was it hard? Now I guess we better go check on Hassani, Lindsey, Amber, and Haliegh. I probably left someone out?

Salem

I entered Hassani into NaMus already.
Lindsey is in NaMus.
Amber is in NaMus.
Haliegh was not found in NaMus.

Thank you dreamweaver. Are you planning on entering Haliegh in NamUs? Do you want too? It would be great to get her in the database. If so, maybe a post in her forum to let everyone know? And if you don't want to, let us know and we will get it done :)

NamUs is a great resource for us!

Salem

PS - maybe we should also start working on checking on the missing adults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3