GUILTY FL - Ahziya Osceola, 3, beaten to death, Hollywood, 19 March 2015 *stepmother arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
oh good lort

Dad just couldn't keep his nose clean...he's in jail. He was arrested last night for DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, and fleeing LEO.

OSCEOLA, NELSON DREW

CHARGE(S) INFORMATION

Charge Number: 1
Case Number:
Statute: 316.193-3c1
Description: DUI W/DAM TO PROP OR PERSON OF ANOTHER
Charge Comment:
Charge Status: PENDING TRIAL
Bond Type: BD
Bond Amount: 1,000.00
Disposition:
Projected Sent. End Date*:

Charge Number: 2
Case Number:
Statute: 316.193-2a2a
Description: DUI ALCOHOL OR DRUGS 1ST OFFENSE
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 500.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 3
Case Number:
Charge Comment:
Disposition:

Charge Number: 4
Case Number:
Statute: 843.02
Description: RESIST OFFICER-OBSTRUCT WITHOUT VIOLENCE
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 100.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 5
Case Number:
Statute: 316.1935-2
Description: FLEE ELUDE LEO/LIGHTS/SIREN ACTIVE
Charge Comment:
Bond Type: HG
Bond Amount: 0.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 6
Case Number:
Statute: 316.061
Description: LEAVE SCENE CRASH INVOLVING DAMAGE TO PROP
Charge Comment:
Disposition:

Charge Number: 7
Case Number:
Statute: 316.063-1
Description: ACCIDENT-UNATTENDED VEH/PROPERTY W/O LEAVING ID
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 25.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 8
Case Number:
Statute: 316.123(2)(A)
Description: DISOBEY STOP/YIELD SIGN
Charge Comment:
Charge Status: N/A
Bond Type: NA
Disposition:

http://sheriff.org/apps/arrest/deta...56A6E97685F&page=1&lname=OSCEOLA&fname=NELSON

The man whose three-year-old son was found dead, wrapped in garbage bags and stored in the laundry room of their Hollywood home is now accused in a DUI hit-and-run case, according to court records.

[...]

At Osceola's court appearance Thursday, defense attorney Hilliard Moldof suggested that his client's behavior was the result of the death of his child, Ahziya Osceola.

"My client is having real difficulty with what happened to his son," Moldof said. "I'm not making excuses for this but he's in recovery right now."

Broward Judge John Hurley pointed to Nelson Osceola's record of prior arrests and convictions for fleeing police, driving with a suspended license and battery that preceded the child's death.

"On the one hand we can understand that he has some issues as a result of the death of his son," he said. "But to get out of the vehicle and start running away, that tends to make the situation a little suspect."

According to Seminole police reports, an officer saw Nelson Osceola at about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday driving through a security gate and breaking off the gate's arm at North 64th Avenue on the Hollywood Seminole Reservation.

The vehicle was spotted nearby but it sped away when a police officer turned on his vehicle's emergency lights. The driver refused to stop for other patrol cars, struck a parked car and continued on, said Gary Bitner, a spokesman for the Seminole tribe.

Nelson Osceola got out of the vehicle, ran off and jumped over a fence into a fenced-in area where he was taken into custody, Bitner said.

Read more here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-seminole-nelson-osceola-arrest-20150618-story.html

Local news just reported his bond has been paid, so he will be leaving jail soon. The media is waiting outside the Broward jail for his exit.

Seriously, how many more chances does this get to have, free on the streets to drink and drive, etc.? It was by the grace of God he didn't kill anyone!

I guess it's his right to be a menace to society? :banghead: I'm glad I don't live anywhere near NO's "recovery" because he's this close to killing someone at the rate he's going!

Makes me :sick:

:waiting: for another expletive filled video of him walking from the inmate release doors to an awaiting car (remember last time?). He got away with his behavior again AND made bail! :thud:

At this moment he's essentially above the law. That's :notgood:

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just typed out my current thoughts on this father of the year but have deleted them because I respect WS's TOS. May little Ahizya be at peace now. And may all that had a hand in his death be fully punished.

I've been following the case and just happen to be a fan of Judge Hurley's bond court. I was watching yesterday when his name was called and he appeared. He had to wait for his lawyer, Moldof. I knew when the attorney was in court because I heard him say "Nelson" in the same tone of voice one would hear with a naughty child.

After hearing the charges and his extensive record, Moldof explained that he has been living on the reservation, undergoing counseling/rehab. There is also a case to sever parental rights (with the mother, I think) and he is also working on a parenting plan for his child. The poor fella is under so much stress due to all of this and his grief over losing his son.

Although not stated outright, it was inferred that the Seminole Tribe is paying for his bail.

I haven't found the YouTube video yet, but will post it when I find it.

[video=youtube;GqzX4oX79oc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqzX4oX79oc[/video]

I'm watching bond court right now at this link. Nelson Osceola was called. The prosecutor is re-filing the child abuse charges. He is waiting for his lawyer, Moldof(f)? to arrive in court.

Well, it's just a new case #. Same as yesterday. He will be on GPS monitor and monitoring for alcohol.

The Broward County state attorney's office refiled charges Friday against the father of a 3-year-old boy who was found dead in his Hollywood home in March after a recent arrest caused authorities to accidentally throw out his original charge.

Nelson Osceola, 24, is charged with child neglect with great bodily harm in connection with the death of Ahziya Osceola.

[...]

Osceola was ordered held in jail on a $50,000 bond Friday.

Osceola previously appeared in bond court on Thursday after he was arrested on DUI charges.

[...]

Osceola was out on bond after being arrested in March in connection with the death of his son. Police said Ahziya died at the hands of his stepmother, Analiz Osceola, who is behind bars on charges of manslaughter and providing false information to law enforcement.

[...]

Osceola is expected to be released on bond Friday afternoon.

He is scheduled to return to court on the child neglect charge next month.

http://www.local10.com/news/state-u...-of-boy-found-dead-in-hollywood-home/33671372

OSCEOLA, NELSON DREW

CHARGE(S) INFORMATION

Charge Number: 1
Case Number:
Charge Comment:
Charge Status: BOND PLUS PTR ELMO (Surety Bond is pending)
Disposition:

Charge Number: 2
Case Number:
Statute: 316.193-2a2a
Description: DUI ALCOHOL OR DRUGS 1ST OFFENSE
Charge Comment:
Charge Status: BOND PLUS PTR ELMO
Bond Amount: 500.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 3
Case Number:
Charge Comment:
Disposition:

Charge Number: 4
Case Number:
Statute: 843.02
Description: RESIST OFFICER-OBSTRUCT WITHOUT VIOLENCE
Charge Comment:
Disposition:

Charge Number: 5
Case Number:
Statute: 316.1935-2
Description: FLEE ELUDE LEO/LIGHTS/SIREN ACTIVE
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 15,000.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 6
Case Number:
Statute: 316.061
Description: LEAVE SCENE CRASH INVOLVING DAMAGE TO PROP
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 5,000.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 7
Case Number:
Statute: 316.063-1
Description: ACCIDENT-UNATTENDED VEH/PROPERTY W/O LEAVING ID
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 25.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 8
Case Number:
Statute: 316.123(2)(A)
Description: DISOBEY STOP/YIELD SIGN
Charge Comment:
Charge Status: N/A
Bond Type: NA
Disposition:

Charge Number: 9
Case Number: 15007467CF10A
Statute: CAP-FEL
Description: CAPIAS - FEL
Charge Comment: NEGLECT CHILD/ BODILY HARM
Bond Amount: 50,000.00
Disposition:

http://sheriff.org/apps/arrest/deta...8757B3044A1&page=1&lname=OSCEOLA&fname=NELSON

No info on today's scheduled hearing for the emergency motion for pre-trial release.

The last docket entered is the notice of this hearing, and she's still in jail. Maybe it didn't happen.

Every adult in that house should be charged with murder!!! If one of our dogs is limping, I hear about it even if I've already made a vet appointment. How can a child be that injured and nobody else noticed??? They all knew and no matter who caused the injuries, NO one got him help. And when he died, stuffed him in a garbage bag and cardboard box!!! And STILL nobody helped!!! Nobody called police or a doctor....just threw his broken body away like trash!!! There's no way I could be a defense attorney.

I pray the unborn child is removed completely from the families and community. Another state would be a good placement. Let the child have a chance of a normal life where abuse is unknown.

I pray the unborn child is removed completely from the families and community. Another state would be a good placement. Let the child have a chance of a normal life where abuse is unknown.

What a :goodpost: - ITA!!!!!

From your caring :heart: and keyboard to the Family Court Judge's gavel, 2Hope4!
:please:

Anything less would be another gross miscarriage of justice IMHO. And in all honestly, we've seen a few of those already in this case. When will someone truly stand up for the children in Ahziya's family?

You said it in your previous post: NO ONE stood up for him! His youngest, yet unborn sibling, has the best chance to grow up with the fewest scars (we hope) from drug addled, murderous parents (IMO). If s/he is blessed enough to be born without congenital defects, it will be such a gift! But if there are lasting effects from the DNA donors' drug and alcohol use (I hope not, BUT it has been documented by either parent. We know it matters!), I have zero doubt these two would NOT have the skill set to truly raise a special needs child with the love and care s/he deserves! :no:

IMO, this new life deserves the freshest start as far away from Hollywood, FL. as possible. I know it will take moving Heaven and earth to make it happen. However, anything is possible if they can find the right person / people for the job. This little baby-to-be should have its own legal representation. Every effort should be made to ensure the best future for this child.

Ahziya died so this baby could live.

That's just how I see it. The State of Florida and the Seminole Tribe would be remiss if they failed to work together - for once - in the best interest of this child!

:twocents:

:rose:
:floating:
:angel:

I just watched the embedded video at this link (which was updated to around 11PM on the night if was originally posted):
http://m.local10.com/news/state-upg...-of-boy-found-dead-in-hollywood-home/33671372

As of the afternoon newscast, NO was still
In Custody because the charges relating to Ahziya had to be refiled, which delayed his release on the DUI case ( :tsktsk: )

So, I would imagine he's out by now, right? I'm going to see if I can find anything. I'm somewhat surprised there weren't news cameras awaiting his walk out the jailhouse doors. :dunno:

I'm irritated as :censored: that this :censored: keeps bailing out of :jail: ! Do we even know if his drivers license is suspended? :facepalm:

:lookingitup:

(If anyone is able to help me out with the jail website, please do. I'm on an iPhone, and don't always have the best of luck bringing info over. Also, his last mugshot made me :sick: :moo: )

I just watched the embedded video at this link (which was updated to around 11PM on the night if was originally posted):
http://m.local10.com/news/state-upg...-of-boy-found-dead-in-hollywood-home/33671372

As of the afternoon newscast, NO was still
In Custody because the charges relating to Ahziya had to be refiled, which delayed his release on the DUI case ( :tsktsk: )

So, I would imagine he's out by now, right? I'm going to see if I can find anything. I'm somewhat surprised there weren't news cameras awaiting his walk out the jailhouse doors. :dunno:

I'm irritated as :censored: that this :censored: keeps bailing out of :jail: ! Do we even know if his drivers license is suspended? :facepalm:

:lookingitup:

(If anyone is able to help me out with the jail website, please do. I'm on an iPhone, and don't always have the best of luck bringing info over. Also, his last mugshot made me :sick: :moo: )

Dad bonded out on the 19th. According to his pre-trial supervision order, he is on level 2 house arrest with a GPS electronic monitor. He cannot operate any motorized vehicle, and is not allowed to consume alcohol or any other intoxicants. He has to submit to random drug and alcohol tests. He's due back in court on 8/20 for a status hearing on the child neglect charge; no future court date is set yet for the DUI and related charges.
https://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org...tion=yes&CaseNumber=15007869CF10A&SearchType=

Stepmom has a calendar call hearing on 8/13. She is still in the female infirmary unit in the Broward jail.
http://sheriff.org/apps/arrest/deta...DEECFB18136&page=1&lname=OSCEOLA&fname=ANALIZ

Dad bonded out on the 19th. According to his pre-trial supervision order, he is on level 2 house arrest with a GPS electronic monitor. He cannot operate any motorized vehicle, and is not allowed to consume alcohol or any other intoxicants. He has to submit to random drug and alcohol tests. He's due back in court on 8/20 for a status hearing on the child neglect charge; no future court date is set yet for the DUI and related charges.
https://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org...tion=yes&CaseNumber=15007869CF10A&SearchType=

Stepmom has a calendar call hearing on 8/13. She is still in the female infirmary unit in the Broward jail.
http://sheriff.org/apps/arrest/deta...DEECFB18136&page=1&lname=OSCEOLA&fname=ANALIZ

Thank you Greater Than! :bow:

:bump:

So long without news on Ahizya's case. I hope the hearing gives us more information.

Thank you, CarolinaMoon!

I'm preparing myself for the next maneuver by the defense counsel. So far, we have seen "concern" for the unborn child , as s/he is used as a shield and/or pawn for the the perp in this case. It is, IMO, little more than a business relationship. Mitochondrial DNA donor parlays said relationship to (previously) drug-addicted pre-term fetus, in order to facilitate making surroundings as comfortable for her as possible. :facepalm:
If she actually cared about the pregnancy (or children PERIOD), she never would have exposed her baby to drugs as she did (nor would she have committed this heinous crime while carrying a child!). The thought of the neuro chemicals her baby was exposed to during and after the crime literally breaks my heart, brings me to tears, and leaves me with serious concerns for the future.

(O/T: I'm dealing with the repercussions of being the victim of a violent crime during pregnancy (and the aftermath it has caused my youngest). It doesn't always manifest, but it can. So much of it goes unreported, and it needs to be researched further. Our life experience has been a textbook case. What babies experience during pregnancy can have a marked affect on their neuro cognitive and psychiatric development later in life. I was blessed she wasn't damaged developmentally. We take things one day at a time. Her neurologist agrees. :moo: )

If only a fraction of this so-called "concern" had been exhibited for Ahizya, would he still be alive today? What path would these two be allowed to fulill, along with their other sibling, if only given a chance to thrive in a loving, safe, drug-, and abuse-free environment?

Sadly, we will never, ever know the answer to that question....

:tears:
:rose:
:floating:
:candle:

(my apologies for the LONG rant of a post :blushing: )

Kimi, I'm so sorry for your situation. You give a special insight into the innocent victim.

I do know, from seeing it on bond court when Nelson Osceola was arrested, that he has lawyers and social services from the reservation. They are trying to sober him up and help him develop a parenting plan to get custody of his other child and probably this baby. The thought frightens me. I don't know if he can go from a situation where he doesn't have to work for a living to being a responsible adult who puts his children first.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayaanie
Back