GUILTY FL - Ahziya Osceola, 3, beaten to death, Hollywood, 19 March 2015 *stepmother arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ahziya’s 24-year-old stepmother had been under the scrutiny of child protection investigators herself since April 2012, when her own son had been found sleeping on a mattress on the dirty floor of a one-room drug house teeming with cockroaches. As many as 15 other adults were there, too, police said, abusing narcotics. Five months later, the 2-year-old was found wandering alone several blocks from his home. It took his mother almost three hours to report him missing.

[...]

The collection of caregivers in the months before Ahziya’s death might have raised some eyebrows. Nelson Osceola had been the subject of two reports of physical abuse, and had a lengthy criminal history; the boy’s stepmom had undergone two neglect investigations. Also in the home at the time Ahziya died was Analiz Osceola’s mother, Anubis Rodezno, who had twice been accused of child abuse. Analiz’s two brothers — described in a court pleading as having “extensive” drug histories — also had moved in, and one had amassed a lengthy rap sheet, with arrests for battery, aggravated assault and weapons possession.

[...]

“It is alarming to think that someone would allow this child to stay in that household,” Hollywood Police Chief Frank Fernandez told the Miami Herald. “We know today that should have never happened. That child should have been removed.”

Fernandez viewed autopsy photos of Ahziya’s pockmarked body. He’d been crammed inside an eight-inch-wide cardboard box. The makeshift coffin once had held a toddler’s walker, he said. “The condition in which we found this little boy was absolutely horrific,” Fernandez said. “My first thought was anger, that any child would be put through that torture, discarded like a piece of trash.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article19262403.html

i am absolutely livid :furious: this is just infuriating :tantrum:

can you believe it???? it almost leaves me speechless :thud:

fireman.jpg

look at this beautiful baby, i could cry.........oh my lord :cry:

:rose: ahziya

It looks like Stepmom will continue to call the Broward jail home for a while.

Earlier Wednesday, a Broward judge turned down a defense request to substantially reduce the bond for Rodezno Osceola, who pleaded not guilty in court Wednesday morning.

Her lawyer asked Broward Circuit Judge Michael Robinson to cut her bond from $230,000 to $25,000. Attorney Sean M. Coccia said the higher bond was too high to be practical, "tantamount to no bond" and said his client would be willing to wear a GPS monitor and have no contact with any children.

[...]

Rodezno Osceola was originally charged with three crimes: aggravated manslaughter of a child, providing false information to law enforcement, and child neglect. Prosecutors dropped the child neglect charge because it is legally included in the manslaughter charge.

The judge kept the bail amounts on the remaining charges: $200,000 for manslaughter and $10,000 for lying to police.

[...]

No mention was made during the hearing of an allegation that Rodezno Osceola, on at least one occasion, used "a stick from the bed" to strike Ahziya. The accusation was made by Ahziyah's 5-year-old stepbrother who was interviewed a week after Ahziya's death, according to court records.

Rodezno Osceola's next court date is May 28.

More at link:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...naliz-osceola-arraignment-20150429-story.html

A little more about "the stick from the bed" that AO's son told investigators she used to hit Ahziya:

Two weeks ago, Hollywood Police again descended on the home where investigators found the body of 3-year-old Ahizya Osceola in a garbage bag stuffed inside a cardboard box in mid-March.

When detectives returned to the home – about a month after the crime – it appears they were investigating a comment made by Ahizya’s 5-year-old stepbrother.

According to a search warrant, during an interview with the child, “it was discovered that Analiz Osceola used a stick from the bed to hit” a child whose name is blacked out in the document but it is likely that it’s Ahizya Osceola.

Analiz Osceola is charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child.
The search warrant shows that police recovered three different sticks from the home. It’s not clear from the document when the hitting is alleged to have occurred.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/04/27/new-details-in-hollywood-childs-death/

:bump:

status hearing this week for the "step-mother" 5/28

:rose: ahizya :heartbeat:

okay i'm sleuthing........but coming up empty..........suggestions?

maybe it hasn't happened yet today?

okay i'm sleuthing........but coming up empty..........suggestions?

maybe it hasn't happened yet today?

Perhaps the County's Superior Court website might have information? I know in the Sierra LaMar case, they have a special page dedicated to "High Profile Cases" and that's the first place I check for updates on hearings, and published documents (minute orders, etc.)

I don't know URL for the Court's website, or if it even exists, but that's were I'd start my search.

HTH.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i actually live in san jose and went and read the arrest warrant and discovery on the sccsc site and learned more than i ever read in the media :( poor thing.

that guy must be a freakin idiot. morgan hill is so small. why not go to sf or oakland and try that rather than your own small town? hell even san jose. what a moron, sick *advertiser censored*.

Perhaps the County's Superior Court website might have information? I know in the Sierra LaMar case, they have a special page dedicated to "High Profile Cases" and that's the first place I check for updates on hearings, and published documents (minute orders, etc.)

I don't know URL for the Court's website, or if it even exists, but that's were I'd start my search.

HTH.....

A little more about "the stick from the bed" that AO's son told investigators she used to hit Ahziya:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/04/27/new-details-in-hollywood-childs-death/

AND, she's pregnant .....

Found a good article re Mother of Ahziya - she must be devastated.
There's seems to be competing interests in terms of Ahziya - Seminole Tribal Police were first called but address of family put them in jurisdiction of Hollywood FL

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/03/25/5711177_missing-3-year-old-hollywood-boy.html?rh=1

On 5/21 Dad's charge was changed from child neglect / bodily harm (a 2nd degree felony) to child neglect / no bodily harm (a 3rd degree felony). The State's information file states he was negligent "by failing to provide medical care or treatment for the broken leg suffered by Ahizya."

https://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org.../2015&DocName=File States Information&PgCnt=2

That's it. The broken leg. Sigh. Anyway, he's due in court 6/25 at 9:00 for his arraignment and bond status hearing.

Stepmom will be in court that day too 30 minutes earlier, but in different courtroom because they have different judges. Hers is a circuit criminal judge, his is a domestic violence judge.

Thanks for the update Greater Than
:sigh:
This case makes me SO sad! I just don't understand how they can downgrade the charge :no:
:tears:

On 6/9 the state re-filed Dad's case. His charge was changed back from child neglect / no bodily harm to child neglect / great bodily harm. The state's re-file information document states he was negligent "by failing to provide medical care or treatment for a broken leg and/or damage to internal organs and/or bruises and contusions suffered by A.O. [...] and in doing so caused great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to A.O."

Hooray!

He now is assigned to a criminal circuit judge, but a different one than Stepmom. His arraignment is scheduled for 7/1 at 9:00. (http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/...tion=yes&CaseNumber=15007467CF10A&SearchType=)

In other news... Earlier today, Stepmom's attorney filed an emergency motion for pre-trial release. The motion states that yesterday she was rushed from jail to the hospital because of contractions and she was going into labor. It goes on to state that the court was previously advised that this is a high-risk pregnancy and she has a history of miscarriage(s), stillborn(s), and high-risk pregnancies. It states she is "extremely worried for the safety and health of an innocent, unborn child/fetus" and if released, she will reside with her mother who is a nurse and can provide 24 hour health care to the defendant and her unborn child. It also states she is not a flight risk, will wear a GPS monitoring device, etc etc etc. (https://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org...me=File Defense Motion To Reduce Bond&PgCnt=2)

Good grief. She wasn't all that concerned about the safety and health of her innocent unborn baby when she smoked pot the day she killed Ahziya. I pray the judge denies this motion. She lied to LE, she lied to her own family, the woman they're asking permission for her to reside with was living under the same roof when Ahziya was abused, not provided medical care for his broken leg, and subsequently killed...AND, she is not a licensed health care provider in the state of Florida. (https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00PRAES/PRASLIST.asp)

Thanks for the updates Greater Than :heartluv:

Seriously, I am seething regarding all of these maneuvers NOW! Not to discount the health and welfare of the unborn, but it also proves IMO that her children matter(ed) more than Ahziya! She couldn't be bothered with him, why? Was is because he wasn't biologically hers? She's using her pregnancy as a shield to delay. UGH!

ITA with every word of your post! She wouldn't be high risk if she hadn't been exposing the fetus to so much! :stormingmad:

On 6/9 the state re-filed Dad's case. His charge was changed back from child neglect / no bodily harm to child neglect / great bodily harm. The state's re-file information document states he was negligent "by failing to provide medical care or treatment for a broken leg and/or damage to internal organs and/or bruises and contusions suffered by A.O. [...] and in doing so caused great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to A.O."

Hooray!

He now is assigned to a criminal circuit judge, but a different one than Stepmom. His arraignment is scheduled for 7/1 at 9:00. (http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/...tion=yes&CaseNumber=15007467CF10A&SearchType=)

In other news... Earlier today, Stepmom's attorney filed an emergency motion for pre-trial release. The motion states that yesterday she was rushed from jail to the hospital because of contractions and she was going into labor. It goes on to state that the court was previously advised that this is a high-risk pregnancy and she has a history of miscarriage(s), stillborn(s), and high-risk pregnancies. It states she is "extremely worried for the safety and health of an innocent, unborn child/fetus" and if released, she will reside with her mother who is a nurse and can provide 24 hour health care to the defendant and her unborn child. It also states she is not a flight risk, will wear a GPS monitoring device, etc etc etc. (https://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org...me=File Defense Motion To Reduce Bond&PgCnt=2)

Good grief. She wasn't all that concerned about the safety and health of her innocent unborn baby when she smoked pot the day she killed Ahziya. I pray the judge denies this motion. She lied to LE, she lied to her own family, the woman they're asking permission for her to reside with was living under the same roof when Ahziya was abused, not provided medical care for his broken leg, and subsequently killed...AND, she is not a licensed health care provider in the state of Florida. (https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00PRAES/PRASLIST.asp)

BBM
my hand to god you read my mind!!! she has some nerve making these claims :furious:

thanks for the update greater than :seeya:

i think of this little sweetie so much :heartbeat:

A hearing for the defense's emergency motion for pre-trial release is scheduled for 6/22 at 8:30.

Dad just couldn't keep his nose clean...he's in jail. He was arrested last night for DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, and fleeing LEO.

OSCEOLA, NELSON DREW

CHARGE(S) INFORMATION

Charge Number: 1
Case Number:
Statute: 316.193-3c1
Description: DUI W/DAM TO PROP OR PERSON OF ANOTHER
Charge Comment:
Charge Status: PENDING TRIAL
Bond Type: BD
Bond Amount: 1,000.00
Disposition:
Projected Sent. End Date*:

Charge Number: 2
Case Number:
Statute: 316.193-2a2a
Description: DUI ALCOHOL OR DRUGS 1ST OFFENSE
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 500.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 3
Case Number:
Statute: 316.193-3c1
Description: DUI W/DAM TO PROP OR PERSON OF ANOTHER
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 1,000.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 4
Case Number:
Statute: 843.02
Description: RESIST OFFICER-OBSTRUCT WITHOUT VIOLENCE
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 100.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 5
Case Number:
Statute: 316.1935-2
Description: FLEE ELUDE LEO/LIGHTS/SIREN ACTIVE
Charge Comment:
Bond Type: HG
Bond Amount: 0.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 6
Case Number:
Statute: 316.061
Description: LEAVE SCENE CRASH INVOLVING DAMAGE TO PROP
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 100.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 7
Case Number:
Statute: 316.063-1
Description: ACCIDENT-UNATTENDED VEH/PROPERTY W/O LEAVING ID
Charge Comment:
Bond Amount: 25.00
Disposition:

Charge Number: 8
Case Number:
Statute: 316.123(2)(A)
Description: DISOBEY STOP/YIELD SIGN
Charge Comment:
Charge Status: N/A
Bond Type: NA
Bond Amount: 0.00
Disposition:

http://sheriff.org/apps/arrest/deta...56A6E97685F&page=1&lname=OSCEOLA&fname=NELSON

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayaanie
Back