GUILTY FL - Ahziya Osceola, 3, beaten to death, Hollywood, 19 March 2015 *stepmother arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We're still here Ahziya. We haven't forgotten about you.

I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I frequently monitor the status of this case on the Broward county clerk of court's site (http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/Web2). Typical motions for continuances have been filed and granted over the past few months, but here are a few events of note:

In July, the State submitted supplemental discovery - four DVDs of Stepmom, two DVDs of Dad, three DVDs of Stepmom and Dad together, FLPD video of Stepmom alone, FLPD video of Dad, forensic interview of Stepmom's son (CR), six CDs of Stepmom's jail calls, an additional CD of her jail calls from 6/17 - 6/25 (16 calls), and another additional CD of her jail calls on 6/17 (31 calls).

Later that month, Stepmom's attorney filed a motion to withdraw as council, which was granted in August. She subsequently filed an application for indigent status to seek appointment of a public defender. She wrote that she has two dependents, zero income, zero in the bank, zero assets, and $5000 in debts. Indigent status was granted and a public defender was appointed.

In September, Stepmom's attorney filed a motion to reduce bond/motion to reconsider. The written motion includes that she is 9 months pregnant with a projected due date of 10/9/15, and that she does not want to give birth while in custody. On 10/7/15 the judge denied the motion to reduce her bond. The order states, "The defendant is a flight risk. She has indicated that she does not want the child she is currently bearing."

Also that month, Dad's attorney filed a motion to modify his pre-trial release. The motion states that Dad was placed on level 2 pre-trial release with a GPS ankle monitor in June (after his DUI arrest) and that he has a pending dependency action regarding the two other children who were living in the home at the time Ahziya was killed. It states that the judge has imposed numerous conditions upon Dad in order to avoid termination of his parental rights. It goes on to state that social services has recommended Dad enter a 90 day residential treatment program for the related dependency action. The motion states that in order for him to enter the treatment program, his ankle monitor would have to be removed. Two weeks later (9/16), the judge filed an order permitting Dad to enter the treatment program in Palm Beach county (which is one county north of Broward), but that his ankle monitor shall remain on subject to all conditions of his pre-trial program.

On 10/13/15, the State filed a motion to take Stepmom's fingerprints. The state indicated the grounds for the motion was that during the investigation, latent fingerprints were recovered from the outside of the garbage bag that Ahziya's body was found in. On 10/15 the judge granted the motion. On 10/29, the State filed an amended motion to take fingerprints indicating the grounds was that latent prints were recovered from the outside of a box of garbage bags similar to the garbage bag that Ahziya's body was concealed in. The motion was granted. On 11/2 the State filed a motion to take Dad's fingerprints. Grounds for the motion was the same latent prints found of the box of barrage bags. On 11/9 the State submitted supplemental discovery in both Stepmom and Dad's separate cases - latent comparison report. On 11/16 the judge granted the motion to take Dad's fingerprints. On 12/14 the State submitted supplemental discovery in both cases - an additional latent comparison report.

On 12/3, the State submitted supplemental discovery - medical records of Stepmom's son (CR).

Dad is due back in court on 1/7/16 for a calendar call hearing, and Stepmom is due back in court on 1/21/16 for a calendar call hearing.

Dad never ceases to amaze. On 2/25 a judge signed a warrant for his arrest for violating the terms of his pretrial release. He is not currently in custody, so it appears the arrest has not yet been made as the warrant states to hold him with no bond until he appears in front of the judge. Nothing has been reported in the media about this, but copies of the warrant and revocation of his release are in his case file. Also, his trial for the child neglect charge has been set for September 12th.

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/Web2/CaseSearch/Index/

As for Stepmom, in the beginning of February her attorney filed a motion to release her on her own recognizance or in the alternative to reduce her bond, both of which were denied. She has a calendar call hearing on March 3rd.

Dad never ceases to amaze. On 2/25 a judge signed a warrant for his arrest for violating the terms of his pretrial release. He is not currently in custody, so it appears the arrest has not yet been made as the warrant states to hold him with no bond until he appears in front of the judge. Nothing has been reported in the media about this, but copies of the warrant and revocation of his release are in his case file. Also, his trial for the child neglect charge has been set for September 12th.

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/Web2/CaseSearch/Index/

As for Stepmom, in the beginning of February her attorney filed a motion to release her on her own recognizance or in the alternative to reduce her bond, both of which were denied. She has a calendar call hearing on March 3rd.

Thank you for keeping us updated GreaterThan

I'm :stormingmad:

Why does he keep getting these chances? Why doesn't the MSM care to let the public know?

Moreover, the thought of the perp having the audacity to even ask to be let out on OR makes me :sick: What a :censored: !!!!!

Thank heavens it was :denied:

I'll be awaiting the 3/3 hearing, as well as further news on NO. I pray he doesn't harm anyone else before he's back in custody. Nothing will make me happier than for him to be remanded until 9/12/16 :please:

:judge:

#JusticeForAhizya

:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've emailed the reporter who wrote the most recent article posted on this thread at www.local10.com and passed along the most recent turn of events regarding the case.

I'm hoping we see a MSM update soon.

In all honesty, the public has a right to know about this. If I were living in the area, I'd want to know if I were (potentially) sharing the road with NO! He's already displayed a willful disregard for the safety of others based on past behavior - and don't get me started on how I feel about the Case-in-Chief!

:cow:

Anyhow, here's hoping....
:crossfingers:

And excellent work GreaterThan - you are Ahizya's warrior for justice!

OSCEOLA, NELSON

INMATE INFORMATION

Arrest Date: 03/02/2016
Arresting Agency: COURTHOUSE
* Visitation: 2C View Schedule
* Expected Release Date:

CHARGE(S) INFORMATION

Charge Number: 1
Case Number: 15007467CF10A
Statute: WARR-PTR-F
Description: WARRANT VOPRETRIAL FELONY
Charge Comment: NEGLECT CHILD/BODILY HARM
Charge Status: PENDING TRIAL
Bond Type: NB
Bond Amount: 0.00
Disposition:
Projected Sent. End Date*:
* Subject to Change

https://www.sheriff.org/apps/arrest...DACD1C5E7E5&page=1&lname=OSCEOLA&fname=NELSON

Earlier today, Dad's attorney filed a motion to reinstate his pre-trial release. The conditions that he violated were that he failed to remain confined at all times with the exception of times pre-approved by program staff. On 2/14, he had permission to job search locally in the Delray area only (Palm Beach county), but his ankle monitor was tracked to the parking lot of a movie theater in Davie as well as a residence on the reservation in Hollywood (both in Broward county).

The grounds for the motion state that he has been on pre-trial release since 6/22 without any violations and that he has been, and is still currently, residing at a substance abuse program in Delary since September. (I find it interesting that he is still in this program six months later when it was initially supposed to be a 90 day program.) It goes on to state that he was permitted to leave the program to job search and to stop his job search for lunch. It further states that due to a misunderstanding, he thought he was allowed to have lunch in Broward county with family members. :rolleyes:

He is still in custody. A hearing for the defense's motion is set for tomorrow morning at 10:00.

At Stepmom's calendar call hearing today, the judge granted the defense's motion for continuance. Her next calendar call hearing is set for 4/7.

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/Web2

Thank you for keeping us updated GreaterThan

I'm :stormingmad:

Why does he keep getting these chances? Why doesn't the MSM care to let the public know?

Moreover, the thought of the perp having the audacity to even ask to be let out on OR makes me :sick: What a :censored: !!!!!

Thank heavens it was :denied:

I'll be awaiting the 3/3 hearing, as well as further news on NO. I pray he doesn't harm anyone else before he's back in custody. Nothing will make me happier than for him to be remanded until 9/12/16 :please:

#JusticeForAhizya

No such luck. He's out. The judge reinstated his pre-trial release last Friday. The order states he is to remain at the recovery center until further order of the court. It further states he shall continue to be on level 2 house arrest, submit to random urine tests, may not operate a motor vehicle, and must continue to to participate in all substance abuse programs and counseling.

He has a calendar call hearing for his DUI case on 4/15, but the next time he'll appear in court regarding the child neglect case is for trial on 9/12. I'm assuming that's the date jury selection will begin.

Hang tight Ahziya. Justice is coming.

One year :(

fireman.jpg

Awww, this is the first time I've seen this picture of him. I can't believe no one will ever see him smile or hear him laugh again!

I just can't bear what was done to him. :no:

May our cries for justice be heard!

:floating:

:rose:

On 3/29, the defense filed another motion to release on recognizance or in the alternative to reduce bond. Included in the grounds for the motion is a statement that there has been a change in circumstances warranting the judge's reconsideration of Stepmom's bond issue. It states that the biological father of AO's older child was recently killed and that she is concerned about her child's well being as she has not been able to contact anyone regarding the incident or her child's reaction. This media link regarding the death was included:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...plantation-fatal-shooting-20160320-story.html

More importantly, a Giglio Notice was filed stating that on 3/16 dad gave a sworn proffer to the assistant state attorney and that he will testify against AO. The ASA did not offer any deal nor extend any promises to NO, but did give him immunity for any information he provided in his 3/16 statement only. Also, the notice states that the ASA assigned to their cases is assigned to the Sexual Battery Unit of the state attorney's office. :(

The 68 page sworn statement can be found in AO's case file (https://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/Web2/CaseSearch/Index/). In short, he gives details about the lies AO told him regarding Ahziya's disappearance/death, and denies having much knowledge regarding his son's broken leg. One disturbing detail he provided regarding the day Ahziya was reported missing was that he and stepmom were sexting earlier that morning, with stepmom even texting him a picture of her vajayjay :rolleyes:. But the most alarming thing I read in the interview was that the toxicology report showed that little Ahziya had cocaine, heroine, morphine, and codeine in his system! :furious:

Lawsuit accuses child protection agency and sheriff's office of negligence in death of Hollywood boy

March 23, 2017

Attorneys representing the estate of a 3-year-old boy found dead in the laundry room of his family’s Hollywood home have filed a lawsuit against the Broward Sheriff’s Office and the Department of Children and Families, accusing the agencies of failing to protect the child when they should have known his life was in danger.

Ahziya Drew Osceola was killed two years ago, and his stepmother, Analiz Rodenzo Osceola, 26, is in jail awaiting trial on a manslaughter charge. The boy’s parents, Nelson Osceola and Karen Cypress, are not directly involved in the lawsuit, which names attorney Donald Spadaro as “personal representative” of the slain child’s estate.

The wrongful death and negligence lawsuit seeks “in excess of $15,000” and would most likely benefit the child’s estate and Cypress. Nelson Osceola is facing a related child neglect charge that might prevent him from being able to collect on any award related to the death. His next court date is in June.

On 3/29, the defense filed another motion to release on recognizance or in the alternative to reduce bond. Included in the grounds for the motion is a statement that there has been a change in circumstances warranting the judge's reconsideration of Stepmom's bond issue. It states that the biological father of AO's older child was recently killed and that she is concerned about her child's well being as she has not been able to contact anyone regarding the incident or her child's reaction. This media link regarding the death was included:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...plantation-fatal-shooting-20160320-story.html

More importantly, a Giglio Notice was filed stating that on 3/16 dad gave a sworn proffer to the assistant state attorney and that he will testify against AO. The ASA did not offer any deal nor extend any promises to NO, but did give him immunity for any information he provided in his 3/16 statement only. Also, the notice states that the ASA assigned to their cases is assigned to the Sexual Battery Unit of the state attorney's office. :(

The 68 page sworn statement can be found in AO's case file (https://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/Web2/CaseSearch/Index/). In short, he gives details about the lies AO told him regarding Ahziya's disappearance/death, and denies having much knowledge regarding his son's broken leg. One disturbing detail he provided regarding the day Ahziya was reported missing was that he and stepmom were sexting earlier that morning, with stepmom even texting him a picture of her vajayjay :rolleyes:. But the most alarming thing I read in the interview was that the toxicology report showed that little Ahziya had cocaine, heroine, morphine, and codeine in his system! :furious:

Is there anywhere else this document can be viewed? I am getting an error.

Is there anywhere else this document can be viewed? I am getting an error.

Sorry about that.

It can be viewed by searching for Analiz Osceola's case here: https://www.browardclerk.org/Web2

After clicking on her case number, scroll down to "Events & Documents."

The file transcript entries on 04/06/2016 have links to the document.

Dad's trial for child neglect with great bodily harm was set to begin yesterday. His attorney filed a motion that morning to transfer his case from the domestic violence division to the circuit criminal division, since that is the division handling Stepmom's aggravated manslaughter of a child case. The judge granted the motion and ordered that the case be transferred. He is scheduled to appear on September 14th to set a new trial date.

Stepmom remains in custody and is scheduled for a calendar call hearing on December 21st.

https://www.browardclerk.org/Web2

Thanks, Greater Than for the update. I can't believe I last posted on this case in 2015 and we're still on the same page.

Was the grandmother taken to responsibility at all?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

She faces up to 31 years in prison. Sentencing is set for April 14.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayaanie
Back