GUILTY Fl - Alexandria Chery, 16, Orlando, 28 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good morning folks! Just FYI: please don't post twitter rumors. Please and thank you kindly

I am so freakin sick of mothers moving these twisted predators into their bedrooms, and giving them access to their innocent children. It is way out of control.

RIP Sweet Alexandria. We all failed you, sweet girl. :rose:

I am so freakin sick of mothers moving these twisted predators into their bedrooms, and giving them access to their innocent children. It is way out of control.

RIP Sweet Alexandria. We all failed you, sweet girl. :rose:

I agree with you that I'm sick of these innocent children being served up to abusers and sexual predators - but I think the fault lies 50% with the men who abandon their families and leave that hole in the household where a man who fakes an interest in the mother can so easily slip in.

I know I may sound harsh, but I have no sympathy for the mother. She knew that this sick *advertiser censored* touched her child, yet she let him continue to live in the house. Are you that damn desperate that you would put your child in harms way!!? Poor Alexandria, I know she felt like her mother put a man before her. As a victim of something similar, I know how Alexandria must have felt. "He's not going to do it again", probably the words her mother said to her. I'm just so sick. As a single mother myself, I'm disgusted. All it would take is one time-- I would put my foot in his arse, then he would NEVER be allowed back. Focus on yourself, get where you want to be in life, always put your child first. If it's just me and my child for the rest of my life, so be it.

Rosalie’s boyfriend, Sanel Saint Simon, has been arrested and charged in Alexandria’s disappearance, and remains the only suspect in the case. One of Alexandria’s cousins came forward after she went missing and revealed that the teenager was afraid of her stepfather, especially when they were alone together because he was “creepy.”

SNIP

Sadly, Alexandria previously expressed concern for her safety around Sanel. Her uncle Ray told reporters that one of Alexandria’s cousins came forward and revealed that she had called her mother’s boyfriend “creepy” and that she was afraid to be alone with him.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/08/04/alexandria-chery-missing-florida-teen-dead-body-osceola-county/

D, the teen's 16-year-old cousin, talked in subdued tones to a reporter about her lifelong companion. She said Alexandria was in constant contact with her and several friends who liked to go to the mall and water parks together.

On her mobile phone, she called up a photo taken of her, Alexandria and some friends the day before the disappearance. The group had attended The Kingdom Church that morning and Alexandria had asked if she could pray for friends and family, D said. Later that day they went to the apartment pool and shopping. Alexandria wanted a photo of the group, she said. The photo shows Alexandria squeezed near her friends and with a beaming smile.

SA, a family friend, said she and Alexandria had great time videotaping their dance moves just four days before the disappearance.

pixel.gif

"She was just outgoing. She never really got mad or down," A said. "Her favorite saying was: 'You guys just need to enjoy life.'"
A and others said Alexandria usually went to work with her mother, who is employed at a hotel.

"But the one day she didn't go, this happened," she said.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...er-20140803_1_core-group-safe-return-t-shirts

The mother and her whole family knew about it. I don't know what laws are on the statute regarding the knowledge of sexual assault of a minor and not reporting it. There must be something for hiding a crime. JMO

This is frustrating. But there will always be needy, self centred parents.
A good example is on the dating sites. How many women post pictures of themselves with their beautiful young daughters, and how many of the low life men are instantly attracted to the younger version? (shudder)...

The family_knew_ there was abuse? I am choked.

This whole situation is vile, sickening and deplorable! I have literally been sick to my stomach since reading this yesterday upon my return from out of town. I had pure unadulterated anger when I read the outcome one could have seen the steam coming off my head and burning tears running down my face, I did not know it was possible to spew forth so many curse words as I did within a few moments time. I am ANGRY as all get out, hurt beyond words for this poor child so hurt. Women must understand that they do not NEED a man in their life there is a big difference between NEED and want. Anyone with or without children must do diligence prior to allowing any one within reach of themselves or their precious children.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...chery-investigation-20140804,0,4987535.story#

"I think she was a sweet girl that masked a lot of pain"

Fundraising is happening within the community. The funds are being raised for funeral costs etc.

I have heard a lot of rumors around this case which I won't get into specifically but I have seen nothing in MSM that indicates the mother knew something was amiss. I have seen reports that Alex confided to her close cousin that the accused creeped her out. I find it telling that most days she opted to go to work with her mother rather than be home alone I hold mothers accountable for watching for signs of problems with their children and that going to work with mom business should have been a big red flag. But I cannot find anything which confirms the mother KNEW that this man was a threat to her daughter.

Should she have known? IMO yes. DID she know? Jury is still out on that for me.

The cousin that Alex confided in only told the uncle her concerns AFTER Alex went missing from what I am reading so far.

I don't know all the details of what her mother knew about this boyfriend. Nor do I know or assume anything about their personal life, finances, etc. But I do know that many single mothers are just a paycheck away from being homeless. In fact, a good 5-10 percent of all Orange County students are homeless. Unfortunately, women in this country still tend to earn less than men. And they often are left to care for children with limited or nonexistent parental support. And the financial stress is difficult. And they can become lonely. It causes some women to tolerate bad things simply because they rely on the boyfriend for companionship and/or financial support. And they sometimes are in situations where they do not kick out bad boyfriends simply because they fear for their own well being, if not their very lives. It is infuriating that a parent would find out things about a boyfriend and allow them to stay in the home. But I hope folks can put themselves into the shoes of some of these ladies. I know a guy whose dad was pretty violent when he was a kid. His mom stayed with his dad for longer than she should have. She felt trapped. She feared what he might do if she left. She feared how she would feed her kids. Finally, her 13-year-old boy sat down with her and told her that it would all be okay if she just walked away from 17 years of a bad marriage. That same little boy had been kidnapped by his dad from his maternal grandparents' house 12 years earlier, but he didn't know it. His mom never reported it. Not because she was a bad mother; but because her husband kept a gun in his pocket as he drove the car back to their house and because she knew he'd try to kill her if she ever left. For years, she never told anyone about how she almost ran into a gas station to call police but didn't because she was sure he would shoot her right there at the register and drive off with their baby. I only learned about that terrible night when my mom told me the story herself and about how grateful she was to be free. Sadly, not every child is as lucky as me. RIP to this sweet girl.

thank you for sharing CluelessWonder.

'.....witnesses told deputies they spotted Saint Simon's black Pontiac Grand Am in the area where the body was found Friday off Osceola-Polk Line Road, in a wooded area near the entrance to the Reunion community, just east of I-4 at ChampionsGate.

Deputies said the car's hazard lights were on, and possible blood was found in the back seat.'

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...s/articles/cfn/2014/8/4/alexandria_chery.html

If it turns out to be true the vehicle was used to transport and dump this young girl's body, it will surely be the first time a perp has put the hazard lights on, to catch the attention of every passerby. It's such weird behaviour.

Or maybe just a subconscious action, because that's what they normally do when stopping their vehicle in an unsafe part of the road?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...chery-investigation-20140804,0,4987535.story#
<snip?
I have heard a lot of rumors around this case which I won't get into specifically but I have seen nothing in MSM that indicates the mother knew something was amiss. I have seen reports that Alex confided to her close cousin that the accused creeped her out. I find it telling that most days she opted to go to work with her mother rather than be home alone I hold mothers accountable for watching for signs of problems with their children and that going to work with mom business should have been a big red flag. But I cannot find anything which confirms the mother KNEW that this man was a threat to her daughter.

The cousin that Alex confided in only told the uncle her concerns AFTER Alex went missing from what I am reading so far.

I guess I'm unclear on how mom could possibly not know anything if the BF wasn't allowed to be anywhere with Alex alone?

Who would have made that restriction? And who would have enforced it? If it wasn't mom, then how was anyone even both making that happen AND doing so without having to explain to mom why the two couldn't be together?

"I never trusted him to begin with," said Joseph, who added that SaintSimon had touched Alexandria sexually about a year ago and no one ever reported it to authorities.

Joseph said SaintSimon was allowed to stay in the house but wasn't supposed to ever be alone with Alexandria.

Also, the uncle clearly is saying he wishes SHE had taken it to LE a year ago when it happened and that HER DAUGHTER is missing.

What other "she" can that be that should have reported it? Plus doesn't it have to be mom, given that he continues his thought into saying that "her daughter" is now missing?

"I'm wishing she did take the proper precaution and take it to authorities, but now it's kind of too late," Joseph said. "Our niece is out there, her daughter is out there, and no where to be found."

The above are taken from one of the earliest articles: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/search-for-missing-orange-county-teen-continues/27244812

Thank you travelingbug, I had not read that article. I started following the case after Alex had been missing a couple of days. You are right and I am wrong. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

"I think she was a sweet girl that masked a lot of pain"

Fundraising is happening within the community. The funds are being raised for funeral costs etc.

Has the story reported in many news articles that he had touched her "inappropriately" and so wasn't allowed by family to be alone with her been recanted?

JeannaT please see my post 116

I don't know all the details of what her mother knew about this boyfriend. Nor do I know or assume anything about their personal life, finances, etc. But I do know that many single mothers are just a paycheck away from being homeless. In fact, a good 5-10 percent of all Orange County students are homeless. Unfortunately, women in this country still tend to earn less than men. And they often are left to care for children with limited or nonexistent parental support. And the financial stress is difficult. And they can become lonely. It causes some women to tolerate bad things simply because they rely on the boyfriend for companionship and/or financial support. And they sometimes are in situations where they do not kick out bad boyfriends simply because they fear for their own well being, if not their very lives. It is infuriating that a parent would find out things about a boyfriend and allow them to stay in the home. But I hope folks can put themselves into the shoes of some of these ladies. I know a guy whose dad was pretty violent when he was a kid. His mom stayed with his dad for longer than she should have. She felt trapped. She feared what he might do if she left. She feared how she would feed her kids. Finally, her 13-year-old boy sat down with her and told her that it would all be okay if she just walked away from 17 years of a bad marriage. That same little boy had been kidnapped by his dad from his maternal grandparents' house 12 years earlier, but he didn't know it. His mom never reported it. Not because she was a bad mother; but because her husband kept a gun in his pocket as he drove the car back to their house and because she knew he'd try to kill her if she ever left. For years, she never told anyone about how she almost ran into a gas station to call police but didn't because she was sure he would shoot her right there at the register and drive off with their baby. I only learned about that terrible night when my mom told me the story herself and about how grateful she was to be free. Sadly, not every child is as lucky as me. RIP to this sweet girl.

Thank you. You've changed my perspective on Alexandria's mom a bit and I can offer her some sympathy.

As a single mother of 4, abandoned by my husband/their father, no child support even after engaging in a long battle ( 7 years) seeking assistance from the courts all to be rewarded with a final letter that read "they're sorry they are unable to locate the non-custodial parent" they are closing my case...the struggle is an understatement. Many of nights I've cried for a better everything, even considered a man for his money thinking it would be beneficial for my children, but fortunately, I never succumbed to my desperation. All this time, I've been a single parent and a single woman choosing not to date. I now have 2 teens in college and 2 in high school. I may have been "blessed" to read the "horror" stories, such as these, and in a sick twisted way, to have been molested myself, that I had never wanted a man around my children if I did not know him. So basically, no new men entered my life because I didn't have the confidence that my life and schedule provided time to really KNOW someone. My tragedies and healthy fear possibly is a savior for my family.

Unfortunately, I do know people who have a new man every time I turn around. Not only am I disturbed by the short amount of time some of the women's turnover of men are, but the fact they have children and are so quick to bring them in their home. I do noticed that most of them have an agenda to be loved, to have a father-figure for their child(ren), or seek financial stability for their children. All those agenda's are not at all bad. Sadly, those agenda's leave women in desperate situations that many never see the possible negative alternative outcomes. It makes me quite sad. Perhaps this mother's only way to provide food or a roof was this man at the moment. Point being, I have no clue but I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt because I do believe she loved her child deeply.

Thank you for sharing and reminding me not to be so quick to judge.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back