Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a strange interview. It was basically all about him. He didn't do anything, they're a good family, he doesn't have any thing (possessions from inside the trailer) doesn't understand why he can't go inside.

I would think, if my child was missing for over 24 hours my trust and dependency would be with the LE. Of course they need to process the home, someone came in and took her (?) right? Not even a plea or concern for his baby. Hate to judge, but something ain't right here. (IMO)

Im sure the LE will figure this out. When was the last time Diana was seen by someone outside of the family?

Seems to me that translation and language issues are at hand and that's why there are some discrepancies. And why this interview may seem "off" to some folks.

Also, not that there isn't anything shady going on, but typically the media releases just a few seconds of an interview, not the whole thing. We deal with interviews, press and media in my work and it's very interesting what outlets choose to run. Hoping that's all there is to this and Diana is found safely.

That's interesting! Asking parents to call if they have info.

My thinking is, with her not having much access to social media, the web, devices, etc, her schoolmates and age peers/playmates may be a good resource for information about things one might learn about Diana and her life.

Her friends and classmates could offer leads as to who she was hanging with, if anyone or anything unusual was mentioned by Diana recently or if she had mentioned anyone new or older hanging around, stuff like that.

My husband and I were interviewed once for the news. The interview that was aired showed just my husband, and it contained only bits and pieces of what was said. I didn't find it odd, but mostly because I think there are language barriers and editing.

My husband and I were interviewed once for the news. The interview that was aired showed just my husband, and it contained only bits and pieces of what was said. I didn't find it odd, but mostly because I think there are language barriers and editing.

I also think for us, we read and see this kind of thing all the time, but for a family thrust into the situation suddenly, they may genuinely be confused. Especially if innocent, they likely don't understand why their houses and cars are off limits. He does seem frustrated that he can't go in, but he may not fully understand how this kind of thing will work, and with the language issues, it could just be overwhelmingly frustrating, especially with other children the family has to take care of. JMO.

Diana's disappearance was just reported on my local news. Her photo and information are being spread far and wide. I hope she's found safe soon.

That's interesting! Asking parents to call if they have info.

I'm a former school administrator and it doesn't seem odd to me at all. Most of Florida school districts have an automatic calling system in place. The principal can record a message and it goes out to all the families within minutes. In this case, it's a great way to reach all the kids who know her. In my opinion, this should always be done immediately anytime a school age child is missing.

From the beginning of this case, something seemed off. It did not read like most cases. I can't put it into better words.

Does Diana speak English? Her mother doesn't, it sounds like her father's is broken English, so how good was Diana's English?

There should not be confusion in translation when talking with the parents as LE surely has a Spanish speaking person on staff.
Another thing that stands out to me is the Hispanic people are very close to their neighbors, like family. We are not getting much information on this family, their habits, and neighbors are not speaking out. Of course, LE may be keeping this close to the vest.

I hope she is found safe and soon.

My opinions only.

I had to go back and listen again, but he is wanting cloths or something to wrap his 1 and a half yr old in. I don't think he is upset that he can't get cloths, it is about his baby not having things that he needs. His English is a bit hard to understand and that may be why he sounds off to some. I have seen so many parents on here under the eye of suspicion but in the end it was an someone else how harmed the child. I will wait for other things to develop before I comment on him. I don't think this will end well but we can hope.

But wouldn't a neighbor be happy to find something to wrap the one yr old up in? Wouldn't the neighbors invite them in to wait and get out of the elements?

I just feel a bit hinked out by him saying ' I don't understand why we can't go in our home'-----How could he not understand that? His stepdaughter went missing from that home and they need to check for stranger's DNA and prints and stuff like that. I guess I don't understand why he doesn't understand. :no:

Were they allowed to pack overnite bags or bring anything? Toiletries, change of clothes, diapers for the baby? Where are they staying? I'm sure they don't have money for hotel rooms or buying replacements for things they couldn't take with them.

I also think for us, we read and see this kind of thing all the time, but for a family thrust into the situation suddenly, they may genuinely be confused. Especially if innocent, they likely don't understand why their houses and cars are off limits. He does seem frustrated that he can't go in, but he may not fully understand how this kind of thing will work, and with the language issues, it could just be overwhelmingly frustrating, especially with other children the family has to take care of. JMO.

I agree with all of the above. I guess it just bothered me because he seemed to be focusing on his frustration about not being able to get into the house. I would think his BIGGER frustration would be his missing stepdaughter. And that seemed to take a back seat. JMO:cow:

Because it's been over 24 hours and it's a tiny trailer. Full blown murder scenes have been released quicker. I'm sure there is also a communication issue as well.

This concerns me that they have no place to go and are out in the heat. I totally understand why they can't get into their home, however, I can't recall a case where a family was stuck outside either.

In the Missy Bevers current case, that huge church where she was murdered was released very quickly. Of course, we have all questioned this too. By LE not releasing their home knowing the family is staying outside, it brings questions to mind that LE are suspicious of what happened in that home.

Could the Red Cross or Salvation Army or a Church not help this family? It does seem cruel to be homeless with no supplies added to the stress of a missing child.

I agree with all of the above. I guess it just bothered me because he seemed to be focusing on his frustration about not being able to get into the house. I would think his BIGGER frustration would be his missing stepdaughter. And that seemed to take a back seat. JMO:cow:

I am going to still give this father the benefit of the doubt. It really seems like in every case that involves a missing child the parent/s are often harshly overly judged by the majority if they speak out in the media or even if they don't speak to the media. It seems for some reason parents who find themselves in this situation cant please others no matter what they do or don't do. Its not just this father but I really cant remember many cases, if any, where outsiders were satisfied with the mannerisms or the way they spoke or dressed or what the parent/s of the missing child said. I always reserve judgment against parents of an abducted child because I have seen parents of missing children have all sorts of emotions, and none of them are the same. Some will be stoic and unemotional (strong) and then some will be very emotional. Even if they show a lot of emotion that sometimes is looked at as fake tears when it was really a very genuine emotion. That is why I always wait for the evidence to come out.

I think this father is probably a hard working man but he probably has no extra money to buy the things his family needs including for their baby I can see why he and his wife don't understand why they cant enter into their own home. Most don't realize that even the family has to leave when a search warrant is being conducted and until the police releases the home back to the family. He and his wife are probably very confused by all of this.

I just think he is overwrought by the entire compounded situation. Diana is missing and now they don't even have a home to return to or even the things they need to exist somewhere else so I think all of it is just overwhelming for him. I don't fault him for saying he is a good man. I am sure he knows others may look at him with suspicion so he is just trying to convey he wouldn't do anything to harm Diana. At this time I don't think he is involved in her disappearance. The Mexican families I have known are all very close knit loving families so I am praying that Diana had this kind of family too. From her photos she does look like a happy little girl who was well taken care of.

imo

This concerns me that they have no place to go and are out in the heat. I totally understand why they can't get into their home, however, I can't recall a case where a family was stuck outside either.

In the Missy Bevers current case, that huge church where she was murdered was released very quickly. Of course, we have all questioned this too. By LE not releasing their home knowing the family is staying outside, it brings questions to mind that LE are suspicious of what happened in that home.

Could the Red Cross or Salvation Army or a Church not help this family? It does seem cruel to be homeless with no supplies added to the stress of a missing child.

Now that the public is aware they cant return to their home I hope they reach out to help this family in need.

Even if they have family close by they may not be able to help them buy more clothes and things they will need until their home is released by LE which can take a few days or even longer. I have seen cases where the home wasn't released back to the family for many weeks.

They do seem to be a religious family since they missed Diana when she was to be awaken to attend church. Sometimes they may hate to ask for help for many of them are very proud people who want to work hard for what they have rather than asking someone for help.

The community probably didn't know their situation and now that they do I hope they offer to help them.

imo

It sounds to me like they weren't allowed to go to another location.

I agree. It's difficult to see an entire family stuck outside. I'm assuming their other children are with them. I would think LE, a local church or family friend would make sure they had a safe place to stay.

Were they allowed to pack overnite bags or bring anything? Toiletries, change of clothes, diapers for the baby? Where are they staying? I'm sure they don't have money for hotel rooms or buying replacements for things they couldn't take with them.

I don't know the answers to this, but the police are rarely heartless, in my opinion. There is likely more to this story or things being offered and being denied. In Noah Thomas' case, the police paid for the parents to have a hotel room (which was reportedly partied in and trashed).Those same parents were arrested later, so suspicion wouldn't negate the help they offer. When a child goes missing and a family has to be put out of their home, the police are going to help or give resources (Red Cross, etc). Just like we aren't going to assume there is any guilt by parents here, I am not going to assume that they are dealing with heartless officials who leave them out in the heat without any resources. I have definitely known people who ONLY want what they want and then claim they have been wronged, even though other options have been offered. I'm not saying that happened here, but it is definitely possible. I am not for one second believing the only option police have given them is to sit in a hot yard with no clothing.

EDITED TO ADD--- they clearly have local family! They have other options. They are choosing not to take them, in my opinion.

Absolutely give both the family and LE the benefit of the doubt for now. Things are very confused, the media reports are obviously incomplete, clearly there are language and cultural issues, and everybody's emotions must be stretched to the breaking point. I would be a blubbering mess.

On the other hand, I've been on the receiving end of LE's kindness a time or two. It was not a pleasant experience. I'll leave it at that because previous experience has little bearing on the facts of this case. Every case is unique, every LE organization is unique, and the only important thing is to find Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest