FL FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/32238658...orge-guerrero-for-child-*advertiser censored*

LEE COUNTY, FL -
A federal grand jury has indicted Jorge Guerrero, the man suspected of abducting 9-year-old Diana Alvarez, for child *advertiser censored*.

The indictment was filed on Thursday.

Guerrero was scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Monday. That hearing has been canceled due to the indictment.

The courts will now assign a date for an arraignment hearing.

I'm not too concerned with the changes in the initial statements.

In the hours after discovering Diana gone, the parents were tied up with LE. A cousin was the spokesperson, giving information she knew at the time. In a case of a missing child or death of a loved one, there is initially shock. The family is trying to process the information and people are constantly asking questions when you desparately need to process and recall the events. With a third party spokesperson being a relative also in shock, information can be relayed much like the old game Telephone. Our ability to take in all the details is minimized and often when repeating details, it gets confused. Nothing nefarious. It's just the shock factor and brief, and often distracted statements.

Anyone who has received unexpected news of a close loved-one's death can relate. It doesn't surprise me that the cousin may have misunderstood in the initial confusion. Remember, her early statements were also about not being able to talk to the family. So I would say her information may have been riddled with error.

I have every confidence LE has the real story and that initially, they didn't want anything leaking about the POI while they were trying to confirm his whereabouts and check him out. Even though we would like all the information on a case, we are just bloggers and must wait for the facts at a trial. Just because we read something on SM or MSM does not make it so. I have read many articles where MSM have not checked facts and put mis-information out.

What we also have to remember about times quoted is that the only real times we have confirmed is what is in the warrant. Those time have most likely been verified by evidence.

Now, I could see Diana texting JG upset that he came and got the van and didn't stay to see her. And if he had been grooming her, I could also see why she might be attached to him. I could see him texting her back and saying he would come see her early in the morning because her parents didn't like him and didn't want him talking to her.

I could see Diana being willing to meet him secretly to maybe go some where temporarily with him. I find it hard to believe, but not impossible, that Diana would think she was going to run away forever with him. She would have more of a Cinderella ideal of him than real life hooking up like a teen might have. There were explicit photos on his phone. He could have turned her against her parents over time. Wanting to wear makeup is not that unusual for little girls these days, but she could have been encouraged. The mom brought it up, so she would be the best person to know if it was out of character.

As for the press conference, I still believe there is information the family may have initially put out from frustration that LE was not doing enough. An early statement fromthe stepdad displayed some frustration about the AA. With LE leaning toward a runaway situation (think Dylan Redwine) and the parents knowing she would not run away on her own, I would be frustrated too. I think there is much more LE knows and continues to find out. I think there is more the parents told LE that they were asked not to tell the public so the investigation wouldn't be compromised (or tip off the POI).

I think it is very possible the phone calls to JG is the reason he got rid of the phone. I don't think he was dumb enough to think he could keep Diana. Too many people knew him, her, and the parents. I hope that LE can get some information from friends and family that helped him. I think people have learned from recent cases that loose lips sink ships and if you don't talk, you walk (so to speak).

Sorry for the long post. I usually try to keep an open mind and keep my opinions to myself and just read MSM and what others bring to Websleuths, but this case is more complicated due to dad, who had taken children once and has been deported, roommates, and language barriers.

Hopefully we can get the court proceedings for yesterday.

please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I think AF is standing in for "its weird as *advertiser censored**"
I agree this situation is definitely weird as *advertiser censored**; but I'm not getting why AF is being used as person saw Diana. I'm confused.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I think AF is standing in for "its weird as *advertiser censored**"
I've got it.
I'm not too concerned with the changes in the initial statements.

In the hours after discovering Diana gone, the parents were tied up with LE. A cousin was the spokesperson, giving information she knew at the time. In a case of a missing child or death of a loved one, there is initially shock. The family is trying to process the information and people are constantly asking questions when you desparately need to process and recall the events. With a third party spokesperson being a relative also in shock, information can be relayed much like the old game Telephone. Our ability to take in all the details is minimized and often when repeating details, it gets confused. Nothing nefarious. It's just the shock factor and brief, and often distracted statements.

Anyone who has received unexpected news of a close loved-one's death can relate. It doesn't surprise me that the cousin may have misunderstood in the initial confusion. Remember, her early statements were also about not being able to talk to the family. So I would say her information may have been riddled with error.

I have every confidence LE has the real story and that initially, they didn't want anything leaking about the POI while they were trying to confirm his whereabouts and check him out. Even though we would like all the information on a case, we are just bloggers and must wait for the facts at a trial. Just because we read something on SM or MSM does not make it so. I have read many articles where MSM have not checked facts and put mis-information out.

What we also have to remember about times quoted is that the only real times we have confirmed is what is in the warrant. Those time have most likely been verified by evidence.

Now, I could see Diana texting JG upset that he came and got the van and didn't stay to see her. And if he had been grooming her, I could also see why she might be attached to him. I could see him texting her back and saying he would come see her early in the morning because her parents didn't like him and didn't want him talking to her.

I could see Diana being willing to meet him secretly to maybe go some where temporarily with him. I find it hard to believe, but not impossible, that Diana would think she was going to run away forever with him. She would have more of a Cinderella ideal of him than real life hooking up like a teen might have. There were explicit photos on his phone. He could have turned her against her parents over time. Wanting to wear makeup is not that unusual for little girls these days, but she could have been encouraged. The mom brought it up, so she would be the best person to know if it was out of character.

As for the press conference, I still believe there is information the family may have initially put out from frustration that LE was not doing enough. An early statement fromthe stepdad displayed some frustration about the AA. With LE leaning toward a runaway situation (think Dylan Redwine) and the parents knowing she would not run away on her own, I would be frustrated too. I think there is much more LE knows and continues to find out. I think there is more the parents told LE that they were asked not to tell the public so the investigation wouldn't be compromised (or tip off the POI).

I think it is very possible the phone calls to JG is the reason he got rid of the phone. I don't think he was dumb enough to think he could keep Diana. Too many people knew him, her, and the parents. I hope that LE can get some information from friends and family that helped him. I think people have learned from recent cases that loose lips sink ships and if you don't talk, you walk (so to speak).

Sorry for the long post. I usually try to keep an open mind and keep my opinions to myself and just read MSM and what others bring to Websleuths, but this case is more complicated due to dad, who had taken children once and has been deported, roommates, and language barriers.

Hopefully we can get the court proceedings for yesterday.

Attorney Thomas R. Basatta told reporters on Wednesday that law enforcement authorities have told Diana Alvarez's family that 28-year-old Jorge Guerrero-Torres made "admissions" that place him with the girl the morning she disappeared.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virgini...cle_264436da-3711-5de0-8b8e-12db8c5a19c5.html

AF?

From that article ^^^ "Jorge Guerrero is charged with persuading a minor to engage in sexually explicit conduct as well as possessing “one or more” explicit images.."
I wonder if that means LE proved the pictures on the phone where taken in Diana's room. :(
IDK if it means LE thinks it is DA, but I do think it means LE has evidence that JG took those photos on his phone, and perhaps also that it is his hand shown in the photos.

Thank you! I was able to watch, though the sound is very low. I listened carefully and the lawyer does NOT say how they know JG had a "single vehicle accident" at 4:30-4:45 AM. If that info on the timing comes from JG's word then it sounds like an attempt at an alibi, IMO. I hope they actually have phone data and record of the call JG claims to have made to his brother when he broke down. However, since he didn't call a tow truck or the police to report his accident, it is just his word. If the timeline is true, it seems unlikely he had time to hurt Diana and stash her somewhere close to home or along the route. If there is phone data to support this story, I can believe he could have been speeding like crazy to get to YHJ where he had his alibi of the car breakdown all planned. But how did he pull off putting the car in the ditch without anyone driving by and seeing him and Diana? I'm more inclined now to think that he handed her off to someone as soon as they got near YHJ or maybe he handed her off before leaving Ft Myers and then hurried to YHJ. JMO.
I think he may have pulled off-road and got stuck and slid off into the ditch trying to get unstuck. His brother probably pulled him out using the Jeep. I feel Diana is close and may have been missed in the search. [emoji35]

I think he may have pulled off-road and got stuck and slid off into the ditch trying to get unstuck. His brother probably pulled him out using the Jeep. I feel Diana is close and may have been missed in the search. [emoji35]

It's possible. I suspect the brother knows more than we are being told. Hopefully LE is watching everyone connected to JG.

I'm not sure if they can tell who the child is in the pics, otherwise wouldn't he be charged with child sexual abuse?

Ok....I know we have gotten past the stove but I wanted to add my way out thinking. Gang members, etc... have codes. No I am not saying they are gang members but could it be a cultural code....a code from kidnapper to parents or to parents to kidnapper. Like if you say such and such she won't be found or we are not saying such and such to LE.
Yes, I know. Way off, weird thinking.

Sorry! (apologizing for my oops in advance)
Old Lurker, New Poster

Ok....I know we have gotten past the stove but I wanted to add my way out thinking. Gang members, etc... have codes. No I am not saying they are gang members but could it be a cultural code....a code from kidnapper to parents or to parents to kidnapper. Like if you say such and such she won't be found or we are not saying such and such to LE.
Yes, I know. Way off, weird thinking.

Sorry! (apologizing for my oops in advance)
Old Lurker, New Poster

At this point I think anything is possible.

I said it is weird AF that he would go see her and not her parents. its weird to be friends w a child and see the child apart from the parents.

I agree this situation is definitely weird as *advertiser censored**; but I'm not getting why AF is being used as person saw Diana. I'm confused.

Just as an aside...Even after the indictment, JG still has the same number of people on his FB friend's list. I don't recall who made mention of this earlier in the investigation, but I noted the number then to compare as things progressed. Maybe younger folks just don't pay attention to the media or FB as much. I know there are more popular forms of social media with teens, but I'd think there would be family members letting them know. From what I recall there were some girls that looked to be teens or really early 20's.

I don't know much about Snapchat, but I believe some of JG's selfies were screen caps from Snapchat. Does anyone know if there is a friend's list associated with that SM app?

This is all my opinion. I think ALOT of people including family members know alot more than they are saying, and the police & investigators know that.
There's alot at stake for the ones that are not here legally (according to our government) and I stuck that in because I'm one to believe everyone is welcomed to the USA, Sorry if you dont agree , but, it's my belief.
Yet it is not legal, and so this will remain complicated. People are not about to give up there freedom for information about a missing 9 year old.I see it constantly where I live , that, if I speak to a hispanic person, most of them will act like they dont know what I'm talking about, UNTIL, they realize they are safe talking to me.

I can see that DAs mom understands more than one would believe, she shakes her head in agreement, because she understands what is being said.
The other thing that bothers me , is where are all the posters that were made for DA on thousands of FB friend pages????, hardly any.

There's NOTHING to hide about a 9 year old girl that is missing for this long. It is TRAGIC and Dianas community NEEDS to get on with this and start talking!!!
The only way DA will be found is when someone does the right thing and STARTS talking , and it's a shame that it will mostly come out of the mouths of babes.
DA , I'm sure had a very close relationship with her sister,. already this child has helped in the case. Who else has helped??
It's like everyone is running around in circles trying not to be involved, or attacking each other, DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP BRING DIANA HOME, just to save themselves from being deported :( :( :( My opinions only in with some truth- decipher

Something has been bugging me since reading that criminal complaint. I've read it and reread it, over and over. I just now figured it out while reading it again just what has been bothering me. Well besides the oil.. that is still bothering me. Like others have said, either someone in the house turned those burners on, his GPS is off, or someone else was involved. But I digress. So back to the complaint...

Something definitely took place in Okeechobee or Yee-Haw Junction! Either he dropped her off to someone (and this was not in my theory at all until just now) or he stopped off there to see someone, (maybe for advice or help?), after accidentally killing DA.

First of all - in #7 of the complaint it states JGT left his residence in Orlando on Saturday 5/28 in the evening hours and headed south into the FM area. Furthermore, records indicate he, or his phone, was in the area of the residence between 12-3am late Saturday 5/28/early Sunday 5/29. Now we hear from the family attorney that LE told the family that JGT has made "admissions" that place him with Diana at around 3am that Sunday morning, just hours before she was discovered missing. So he left his residence in Orlando that night to travel to her home in Fort Myers.

If he left home to visit DA then you would assume he'd head back home after that "visit", right? Home to Orlando. Well you do not normally pass through Okeechobee en route to Orlando from Fort Myers! That would add an additional 45 minutes of drive time. That late at night/early in the morning? Wouldn't he be tired? I'm assuming he hadn't yet slept. To get to Fort Myers by midnight he had left Orlando by at the latest 9pm. Because it's roughly a 3 hour drive.

So maybe he was tired. And maybe he decided to drive to Okeechobee to crash at a friend's, then drive back the next day. Why then drive toward Okeechobee, pass through and then continue on to Yeehaw Junction, only to then come back to Okeechobee before heading back to Orlando?

Second of all - and here's something else that is not making ANY sense. Why did a man give him shelter in Orlando? His residence, according to the complaint, is IN Orlando! Why did he not just go back to his residence? Instead he was given shelter on Tuesday 5/31 until Thursday 6/2, in Orlando, because he was begging for a place to stay at a restaurant. Is it because someone in Okeechobee or Yeehaw Junction, whoever he met up with or asked for help, called ahead and told his roommates in Orlando what was going on? Did they tell JGT that he couldn't come back there? It just doesn't make sense.

Aguilar says he spotted Guerrero at a restaurant in Orlando on Tuesday alone, begging for a place to stay.
Aguilar says he let him stay at his home for two days, and on Thursday, Guerrero left, finding a ride to Okeechobee.
http://www.winknews.com/2016/06/04/just-in-police-arrest-man-accused-of-abducting-diana-alvares/

Finally - he was arrested in Okeechobee. Why all this running around? Why did he not stay in Orlando? That's where he lived. He didn't live in Okeechobee. Not according to the complaint anyway. So why go back to Okeechobee?? To talk to someone? To check on DA at the place he left her? To maybe hide something better?

For what it's worth I don't think his vehicle broke down at all. I think that's a lie to explain why he was in Okeechobee stationary for an extended time. And where is that vehicle?? Is that the one they recovered? Was the conflicting color issue ever cleared up on that? It was tan in the AA, but black in the complaint, both having different tag numbers.

I hope I'm making sense. I feel like I'm rambling now. But this has me more confused than that damn oil on the stove! Maybe there's something I missed? But I think she is hidden in Okeechobee or Yeehaw Junction. Whether alive or deceased I'm not sure. I was 100% convinced she is no longer with us. Now I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties