FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mother says gf treated her babies right.....

gm says gf wasn't supposed to be around family, whatever THAT means.....

I'm really beginning to wonder if ANY of these people are "on the same team?"

Sheets and blankets could have been from a bed in another room. Maybe the abductor grabbed them in preparation of snatching Haleigh. Seems weird that an abductor would sneak into a house and then wait until the child got up to use the bathroom though....

Where did we read about the sheets and blankets. I read that somewhere on here but not in an ariticle.

I'm thinking the 17 year old girl has given conflicting reports because she is afraid of the boyfriend (dad). The way he was talking to her on the 911 tape leads me to believe he doesn't have much respect for her. Hopefully the FBI will be able to calm her down and get the truth out of her.

I am not suspect of the father yet. Based on him living with a seventeen year old, and the supposed history he has with the bio mom and her losing custody I was not expecting someone with great composure/coping skills etc....

We own a company in the manufacturing world and the three am end time of the shift does not seem odd to me at all. Many 24 hour plants have multiple shifts ending at different times (so the whole line doesn't shut down for the switch over). The 3am end shift is probably the least popular and might have a better pay scale for motivation. He has custody of two kids and a live in girlfriend, that is alot of responsibility.

mother says gf treated her babies right.....

gm says gf wasn't supposed to be around family, whatever THAT means.....

I'm really beginning to wonder if ANY of these people are "on the same team?"

I know they seem strange also. The Grandma says we had them 2 weeks ago. So did the mom have them or the Grandparents during visitation? seems like grandma is very against the Dad and GF, and Bio Mom is not.

Salem I didn't catch that when I listened. Did he saw that she "WAS" afraid of the dark?

WOW! Good catch Shutterfly - I'd have to watch again. I think so..., but I would have to watch again. Give me a minute to catch up on the posts and I'll watch again.

Salem

Where did we read about the sheets and blankets. I read that somewhere on here but not in an ariticle.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/news01.txt

Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door.

Authorities said they were told Haleigh's father, Ronald, had just ended his shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone.

"She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Daily News while distributing flyers bearing Haleigh's photo. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything."

No, she will be missing 5 years in March.......yes, there is a thread, Jennifer and Adrianna Wix.

I am not saying that the father or gf in this case are not suspicious, just pointing out that sometimes it is very hard to go on these type reactions. The inconsistencies by the gf are what bothers me in this case. It's so sad that our children are not safe in this world.

I AGREE....They wonder why we have a nation of over weight children .....you cant send your child to school...let alone let them play outside or ride a bike due to the "dangers" of soceity. Gone are the days of go outside and play...dont come back till dinner heres a sandwich....its sad....our kids cant be kids because we have to talk to them at young age about "inproper touching" and tell an adult and putting the fear of God and bad people to them at such an innocent age. What is going to be of this world by the time our children have children? Is so scarey!
I hope and pray for little Haliegh....but I fear this is not going to turn out well!

The father does seem genuinely upset to me as well, or he is a very good actor....

I know there are some people that when upset cuss more than others. I for sure couldn't say how I would react in that situation, but I can guarantee I would be pretty darn well upset if i came home from work and my child was missing, while my significant other was suppose to be caring for them in my own house.

It would be another story if it was an abduction type of situation that could not have been prevented, like someone knocking the parent out and taking the child. But the dad was probably pretty ticked off with reason...Although I am having some inner turmoil on things, depending on how much the 17 yr old gf was home with the kids everyday...

How much did he expect of a 17 year old??

This is morbid but I hope they are controlling all trash pick up and the areas which this mornings trucks were dumping at the landfill.

I hope little brother has some information.

Pardon me for jumping in...
I haven't been able to read all the posts, I just don't have the time this second. A few things I want to get off my chest though:
Dad cussing is irrelevant imo. I would probably be adding a few swear words if I came home an found one of my babies gone. And Dad being angry at the gf for this could be understandable. I think I would have to at least ask my husband of 10 yrs "and what the he11 were you doing while someone waltzed in and snatched my baby". Of course cooler heads would eventually prevail, but if he is the slightest hothead (or fiery as my dh calls me), he would probably look to rheem her first.
After listening to the 911 recording, the gf seems very....distant (for a lack of better words)
I think gf is too young to have formed a special bond with this poor baby girl. She had no clue how much she weighed, etc (none fo the stuff us "Moms" can proudly rattle off in a heartbeat.
I could easily see this gf viewing a 5 yr old as competition for dads attention. Especially is Haleigh was a "Daddy's Girl"
Which leads me to believe that even IF (big IF, imo) she didn't do it or have something to do with it, she could have very well slept right through her being taken. Moms will often wake up at the slightest noise, but this girl was not a Mom type yet,imo

Maybe 17-year-old had a friend come over, they were doing drugs or drinking, and the 5-year-old was still up. They thought it would be "cool" to take a little boat ride and took the 5-year-old with them.. 5-year-old fell over, they panicked and staged an abduction. If that is plausible, then someone else knows about this...

Also, I have a feeling the father is being truthful. I see real anguish. We already know the GF is lying as she has given differing stories.

(bold mine) ITA. To help explore your idea, I personally still need to know

1 WHERE is dock from trailer
2 Did dad for certain own boat
3 Was dock w/in walking dist
4 Did gf have car

etc etc... anybody (?)

:parrot:

This is all I could find and the article has been updated since it was posted earlier:

"Tracy Phillips lives next to Cummings’ mobile home and said officers with police dogs walked the 200 or so yards from Cummings’ home to her dock on the St. Johns three times

She said investigators asked to search her house and went through every room, including closets."

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-10/story/putnam_issues_missing_child_alert

We are getting updates and the wording on some of these articles is changing quickly.

Okay - I just watched this and it is much more detailed than the little clips I was seeing.

I'm reserving judgment on this father for right now. I do see someone who is processing very painful information and I'm thinking that is why the "dance does not quite match the music" (using Steve H.'s metaphor).

Dad keeps saying "someone stole my child" and everytime he does, it appears to me he is trying to comprehend what that means while at the same time feeling that stab of fear go through his body. I see real anguish here. Especially when he tells the reporter that "she was afraid of the dark." You can see his anger spark again - why are you asking me stupid questions - she would not have gone out alone.

SS - I am keeping in mind that the anguish could be because he eff'd up his life - but for right now, I can clearly see this dad trying to process what is happening. I'm also keeping in mind that the young man has been up all night if he was at work until 3:30 a.m., probably making it harder to understand what is happening.

Salem

My first thought here was that maybe the girlfriend knew the child was afraid of the dark and punished her for something by making her take her blankets and sit outside while she blocked the door shut with the brick. From there the child could have tried to go to a friends house or been taken right off of the porch area by someone. So, when the gf woke up/got up/checked on the child she was gone and then the panic began.

FOX national news is going to do the story next - after commercials.

My hunch is about the GF, I trust the FBI will interview her and clear her as a suspect if she wasn't involved. The Father? I'm not picking up vibes he had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance but then again I could be wrong.

I haven't read yet where LE has excluded anyone as a suspect.

"All I want is my child ... please ... all I want is my child," Ronald Cummings told reporters Wednesday, his voice breaking.

A nationwide Amber Alert says the girl was last seen wearing a pink shirt and underwear.

Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin, told a 911 dispatcher that she had gone to the bathroom and returned to find the girl gone and a brick on the floor, according to CNN affiliate WJXT-TV.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/11/missing.florida.girl/

In reading that it sounds like Misty woke up to go to the bathroom Haleigh was in bed, when she returned from bathroom Haleigh was gone? In a trailer could you get a door open, get in a bedroom grab a child and get out of the trailer without being heard while someone is going to the bathroom.

Not sure if this has been posted,

Haleigh's grandfather, Johnny Sheffield, said he was distraught about the girl's disappearance and characterized Croslin as suspicious, though he admitted he didn't know much about her, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.

Cummings said his girlfriend was awake and frantic after she found Haleigh was gone.

Police had never been called to the home in the past — but there have been prior problems with Cummings, Croslin and the children, said Putnam County Capt. Steve Rose.

"There have been some investigations done through the department of children and family," Rose told FOX News on Wednesday. He didn't elaborate.

Both Croslin and Cummings were questioned Tuesday by authorities. The child lives with the couple and her little brother in Putnam County, Fla. Nettles said he didn't know whether further interviews with them were planned.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491008,00.html

That's why I think a 17-year-old could stage it to look like one...just tossing sheets outside, putting a brick somewhere, etc. Might be what she was doing for 45 minutes before calling anyone..

I agree, who knows if the 17 year old was even home the whole time? Maybe she went out leaving the kids alone, then returned to find Haleigh gone. Her story doesn't add up, she contradicts herself, and its hard to believe that if she were sleeping with Haleigh right next to her, she wouldn't notice the girl being abducted.

I wish we all could get the correct version of events..

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/news01.txt

Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door.

Authorities said they were told Haleigh's father, Ronald, had just ended his shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone.

"She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Daily News while distributing flyers bearing Haleigh's photo. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything."

Thanks, I didn't see that one. They have the little brother as age 4... This poor kids is aging daily!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89