FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link to True Crime Report, y'all.

Here's a little snippet of info I discovered about Misty Croslin, the 19-year-old girlfriend who was in the home when Haleigh disappeared.
News of Record
Daytona Beach News-Journal (FL) - Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Suits filed [...] Lisa Croslin on behalf of Misty Croslin vs. Jeremy Miller, by and through parent/guardian, repeat violence

So -- when Misty was approximately 15, someone -- her mother, I'd guess -- filed some sort of suit against this Miller dude for abuse on Misty's behalf.

A 19-year-old girl, taking care of her boyfriend's 5-year-old -- someone else's kid -- and at least one other kid. A 19-year-old who may have been abused herself.

I don't know about you all, but I sure don't like the way this one is going so far.

I just watched the video of the Dad's interview and my 2 cents is that he didn't have anything to do with this. I saw a man in total grief and dispair over his missing daughter. I was truly heart breaking to watch him.

I agree that something seems strange with so many people being in the trailer and no one heard anything. But whatever happened, I think Dad came home afterwards.

Thanks for the link to True Crime Report, y'all.

Here's a little snippet of info I discovered about Misty Croslin, the 19-year-old girlfriend who was in the home when Haleigh disappeared.

So -- when Misty was approximately 15, someone -- her mother, I'd guess -- filed some sort of suit against this Miller dude for abuse on Misty's behalf.

A 19-year-old girl, taking care of her boyfriend's 5-year-old -- someone else's kid -- and at least one other kid. A 19-year-old who may have been abused herself.

I don't know about you all, but I sure don't like the way this one is going so far.

Steve, do you have any info on the 17 year old cousin? How can someone get past a 17 year old in the same room? I don't like how this is going either.

IMO, whatever happened, happened before dad got home and Croslin called 911 because she knew the dad was going to be home any minute.

I just watched the video of the Dad's interview and my 2 cents is that he didn't have anything to do with this. I saw a man in total grief and dispair over his missing daughter. I was truly heart breaking to watch him.

I agree that something seems strange with so many people being in the trailer and no one heard anything. But whatever happened, I think Dad came home afterwards.

I just watched the video as well. Wow, that was like a kick in the gut. I find it a bit hard to swallow that he had any prior knowledge of whatever took place here as well. However, one thing I do find strange, and perhaps it's just me and the fact that I will carry around what happened to Caylee in the back of my mind...and therefore I am skeptical. He says "I would give my life to have my child's life BACK." That sounds to me a little like someone who knows that the child is "gone." The first thing he says also gives me pause to wonder. Reporter asks what his first indication was that something was wrong, at the start of the interview. He says "My girlfriend was awake at 3 am" then initially he stops, as if that in itself was the first red flag. Then after hesitation he continues.
I know, I know. Maybe he's just freaked out and can't even process the next word out of his own mouth...poor guy. Regardless, I hope and pray to God that they find Haleigh and that she comes home smiling, thinking that it was all just a crazy dream.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/18684460/index.html

Here is a video of the dad being interviewed - I couldn't hear it very well as I'm at work and I didn't really want to blare it! Something didn't seem right about the dad, but what is "right" when something like this happens?!

The one thing that sticks out to me in this whole thing is if something went down with the girlfriend, the 17 y.o. would have heard/seen something. Very strange that they won't say whether the 17 y.o. cousin is a male or female.....
I also had the feeling, "something isn't right", when I watched the video with the Dad. It's amazing how we all get different perceptions of things because several other posters watched his interview and felt opposite.
It bothered me that he never looked at the camera. Maybe it is me...but I don't think dad functions at a real high level. Perhaps that is why his reactions in the video seemed a little strange to me. He mentioned that the person who did this will "be taken out"...he said it twice. moo

Hang on...it's being reported that the girlfriend was the last person to see Haleigh at 10pm when she put her to bed. No one seems to be reporting anything to the contrary thus far. So if there was a 2 year old and a seventeen year old sleeping in the same room, then both of THEM were asleep from 10 pm on, and this seventeen year old didn't see Haleigh after 10 pm when the girlfriend put her to bed?

17 year old...asleep by 10pm?

On JVM, the reporter just said they were ALL in the bed....Misty, 2 y.o. AND Haleigh....Misty heard a noise, got up, Haleigh gone, door open.....huh??

her name is close to Caylee CMA ... H Anne Marie Cummings CMA backwards?? Hinkey meeter sounding alarms..girlfriend,cousin,stranger,neighbor. God please watch over this child.
What's going on in Florida? Little Adji still missing and now this one. It's crazy.

I felt uncomfortable too watching the father's video. As someone said earlier, it seems deceptive how he doesn't look up while talking. He seems very upset (understandably) too & I hope that is all it is. I'm praying for the safe return of little Haleigh.

I think it's pretty unlikely that an intruder would have entered a trailer and abducted a 5 year old child from the same room in which a 2 year old and a 17 year old were sleeping, with the gf sleeping down the hall as well. Very unlikely.

What's the gender of the 17 year old? Who is the last person outside the household that saw the 5 year old?

Agreed. Very unlikely.

TES is supposed to be there tomorrow.
Prayers for Hayleigh...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131034&catid=3

The search for missing Haleigh Cummings will continue under the cover of darkness in the neighborhood where she disappeared early Tuesday morning.
Cummings was reported missing by her father when he returned home from work in Palatka after 3 a.m.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office says a rear door to the trailer was found open. The girl's father, Ronald Cummings, told First Coast News the door was forced open.
Law enforcement from neighboring counties and the FBI assisted in the search with helicopters and boats. Search teams combed the woods and divers worked the waters of the nearby St. Johns River. (more at link)

If reports are correct, the gf went to the bathroom and returned to find the child missing!

children do get abducted from their homes...please lets not immediately blame the family! I'd really like to investigate this further this is real close to the area i live...

Where are we hearing that a 17 year old was sleeping in the room with Haleigh and a 2 year old? The articles I have read don't mention the 17 year old.

children do get abducted from their homes...please lets not immediately blame the family! I'd really like to investigate this further this is real close to the area i live...

This just does not feel like a stranger abduction. Stranger abductions are rare. Foul play against a child under five years old is usually commited by a family member. Most likely a parent or significant other of the parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme