FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090210/ARTICLES/902100984

The girlfriend is only 17 and the father is 24. Isn't she considered a minor? He is 24 and they are not married. Can he be in any trouble due to their ages? I am not familiar with the laws there. Anyone know?

From Wikipedia:
Florida

The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits an adult younger than 24 to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose Florida code, Title XLVI, Chapter 794

So, if this is accurate, I guess they make the cut off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Florida

From Wikipedia:
Florida

The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits an adult younger than 24 to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose Florida code, Title XLVI, Chapter 794

So, if this is accurate, I guess they make the cut off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Florida

This says..."A person 24 years of age or older..." So...if Dad is 24...then he is breaking the law. Or am I interpreting this wrong...or is Dad younger than what I read.
Thanks for the info!

High temperature yesterday in Satsuma was 68. Overnight low was 41, according to The Weather Channel.

The girl friend is 19 I found her myspace and posted like on page two. Supposedly there was a cousin staying there that was 17.

This says..."A person 24 years of age or older..." So...if Dad is 24...then he is breaking the law. Or am I interpreting this wrong...or is Dad younger than what I read.
Thanks for the info!

Oh, you're right.
I didn't get the "or older" when I read it.
Sooo...I guess there could be trouble there, unless she is emancipated.
I wonder if having a child makes a difference.
DO we know for sure if the GF has a child?

The girl friend is 19 I found her myspace and posted like on page two. Supposedly there was a cousin staying there that was 17.

You can't go by the age posted on myspace...a lot of young kids lie and put other ages.

snipped from the above link:
Authorities said that the girlfriend, identified as Misty Croslin, 17, is helping "100 percent" with law enforcement. The same is true for Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 24, who was at work Monday night when the girl went missing. He works for PDM Bridge, which builds steel girders for bridges.

You can't go by the age posted on myspace...a lot of young kids lie and put other ages.

snipped from the above link:
Authorities said that the girlfriend, identified as Misty Croslin, 17, is helping "100 percent" with law enforcement. The same is true for Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 24, who was at work Monday night when the girl went missing. He works for PDM Bridge, which builds steel girders for bridges.

I was thinkinng i read she was 19 in an article, but they all have conflicting stories in them. I surely hope she's not under age.

Oh, no! Not another one! LE needs to get this little girl's picture on national TV right away.

I hope and pray that Haleigh is found safe and sound.

This beautifuls little girl's picture is already up on TES's website. Let's keep the prayers going that this child is found fast & safe. I hope someone lets the family know there is a FLA TES group but I believe the family and or LE has to ask for their help.

This beautifuls little girl's picture is already up on TES's website. Let's keep the prayers going that this child is found fast & safe. I hope someone lets the family know there is a FLA TES group but I believe the family and or LE has to ask for their help.

FL TES members have gotten email alerts already, from what I've heard.
I am hoping beyond hope that Hayleigh is found...

Any possibility the girl's bio mother came & snatched her (or sent someone to do it)?

Thanks,
Soulscape

Fox just said its a trailer park, with a river about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. Fathers girlfriend was home with her and he was at work.
What little child would wander outside in the middle of the night and reported she had a shirt and shorts on. Its a little cold in that area this time of year for shorts.

There is a large number of sex offenders that live in the area. I am pretty religous about locking my doors, even during the day, but esp at night & turning on our alarm system, but I forgot to lock one of the doors last wk & it is not the first time.

Any possibility the girl's bio mother came & snatched her (or sent someone to do it)?

Thanks,
Soulscape

Hi, SS.
I guess anything is possible.
According to media, bio mom lives in St. Mary's, GA and was on her way to FL once Hayleigh was reported missing.

Anybody know the first name of the bio mom?

I was thinkinng i read she was 19 in an article, but they all have conflicting stories in them. I surely hope she's not under age.
The first reports I read stated the gf as 19...now they are saying she is 17. Do you think they didn't know her age initially, and the reporters went off th myspace age? The details in the news stories sure haven't been consistent.
I hope she is 19...a 17 should be thinking about prom and graduation...not living with a 24 yr. old...in my opinion.

The first reports I read stated the gf as 19...now they are saying she is 17. Do you think they didn't know her age initially, and the reporters went off th myspace age? The details in the news stories sure haven't been consistent.
I hope she is 19...a 17 should be thinking about prom and graduation...not living with a 24 yr. old...in my opinion.

There seems to be a good deal of inconsistencies with this story. I'm hoping it's bad reporting. Maybe we will have a clearer picture sometime soon...

FL TES members have gotten email alerts already, from what I've heard.
I am hoping beyond hope that Hayleigh is found...

Thank God. Let's keep this little one in our prayers.

Ok, so it appears the 17 yr old GF was trying to play older and put her age as 19 on Myspace. So she was the only one home with the kids last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lala2242