FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this was posted, apologies if it has been...

The Cummings are getting help from another family.

George and Cindy Anthony visited Satsuma Thursday to not only help with the search, but to comfort them.

“They need to be in support of each other. They need to be there no matter what. They need to be out there when things get tough, and there are tough days. There's tough hours. There's tough minutes. They need to know they can reach out to me, to Josh (Duckett), to my wife Cindy, to my son, to other families that understand. We've become members of a unique club, and that unique club is there to help you,” said George Anthony.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/13/amber_alert__day_4_in_search_for_haleigh.html

:eek:
CA too? Oh no, this is terrible for Haleigh imo.

Am I crazy or is that yet another version of events? (Haleigh was the one that got up to use the bathroom, etc.) :waitasec:

Initially on the news I heard them say that Haleigh got up to use the bathroom and never came back, But I have not heard nor read that scenario since. Now just that Misty got up to use the Bathroom didn't make it there because she noticed the light on in the kitchen which led her to seeing that the door was open.

Dont know if this is a change of story on her part or just a miscommunication with reporters??

I doubt she was home for any of it; she came home realized Haleigh missing, didn't call 911 right away, waited a half hour. If she had just woke up and realized it could potentially mean a predator still in the house, so first thing you'd think she'd do is call 911. So it sounds more like she walked upon the situation rather than woke up to it

Either way--whether upon arriving, or awakening, to a missing child--it seems you would call 911, altho 17 year-olds (particularly an irresponsible or semi-guilty one) would not perhaps respond in a take-charge, competent fashion. But I'm right there w you... and IIRC wasn't it reported too that gf was fully dressed when dad arrived home? When did gf have time to dress in all of this if she was sleeping? I've figured too since story broke that she likely left for a period. (Yes IIRC JL was taken by Couey out of a small trailer too, but out of the same room, or even bed?) JMO
:parrot:

Just wanted to weigh in on dad repeatedly (sp?) saying he locked the door. If the AC guy was there while dad was there, maybe the reason dad is so strong in his knowledge about locking the door is because he did so after the AC guy left.

On another note, I am one of the ones that believes gf most likely made a stupid mistake that set the chain of events off and is now scared out of her mind.

Am I crazy or is that yet another version of events? (Haleigh was the one that got up to use the bathroom, etc.) :waitasec:

I'm confused to this as well. I think the reporter has it wrong. Heck, last night Fox said they lived in a RV. UGH.. Misty said she got up to go to the bathroom, didnt make it because she saw the kitchen light on, she went out into the kitchen and saw the back door was open.

I wonder why a stranger abductor wouldn't take both children also. If that is the case(which I am not so sure it is)
JMOO

If it's a sex offender, they may have had just an obsession with little girls and not boys. Seems like SO's have a gender preference sometimes with their victims. Also, to abduct 2 children is harder than just taking one of them.

REALLY good point!

Also...does anyone think it possible that a family member thought Haleigh in potential danger, and removed her from the home? I only bring this up because of the recent story of the grandfather that took his 2 grandkids 20 years ago, and moved to Ca. The other reason is (in one of the threads or news stories) it was said that Child Protective were at the residence previously for unknown reasons. Sometimes a family member might feel that CPS isn't doing what needs to be done. Take matters into their own hands.

Why wouldn't they also take her little brother? :waitasec:

It has been done before. When my Aunt/ Grandma first found out that my sisters had been hurt they snuck them out of a window in the middle of the night. They left me because they were pretty sure I hadn't been hurt (they were right)

Either way--whether arriving, or awakening, to a missing child--it seems you would call 911, altho 17 year-olds (particularly an irresponsible or semi-guilty one) would not perhaps respond in a take-charge, competent fashion. But I'm right there w you... and IIRC wasn't it reported too that gf was fully dressed when dad arrived home? When did gf have time to get clothing on in all of this if she was sleeping? I've thought since story broke that she likely left for a period. (Yes IIRC JL was taken by Couey out of a small trailer too, but out of the same bed?) JMO
:parrot:

Kiki great point, do we know that girlfriend was fully dressed when the dad came in?

The girlfriend's story doesn't seem that far-fetched. I could imagine waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Seeing the kitchen light on - going in there and then seeing the door open. The first thing I would do was look out the window or out the door. Then I would check on my kid. If he wasn't there, I'd look around - maybe I would call my husband just to check before I called the police. See him coming down the road. See him get out of his truck by himself. And then I'd start to freak out.

I guess it would depend on which story is true..She has given too many statements..

Just wanted to weigh in on dad repeatedly (sp?) saying he locked the door. If the AC guy was there while dad was there, maybe the reason dad is so strong in his knowledge about locking the door is because he did so after the AC guy left.

On another note, I am one of the ones that believes gf most likely made a stupid mistake that set the chain of events off and is now scared out of her mind.

bolded by me

I'm of that thought too Lyn1001. I read in the link to the article a few posts back that LE is going to be interviewing the Father and GF again today (Friday) I hope they find out exactly what happened so they can firm up their timeline and hopefully narrow down their direction of search.

The girlfriend's story doesn't seem that far-fetched. I could imagine waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Seeing the kitchen light on - going in there and then seeing the door open. The first thing I would do was look out the window or out the door. Then I would check on my kid. If he wasn't there, I'd look around - maybe I would call my husband just to check before I called the police. See him coming down the road. See him get out of his truck by himself. And then I'd start to freak out.

So you'd not call 911 for a whole half hour? Not knowing if the predator was still inside the house, and a child was missing? :eek:
Misty said she noticed Haleigh was gone at 3am and didn't call 911 until 3:27am

Has anyone googled the g/f's uncles address to see how close and compare it to Haleighs home? Just wondering if its behind them or what?

Someone did put a map up, Misty's brother's home is just a short walk through the woods behind their trailer.

I'm confused to this as well. I think the reporter has it wrong. Heck, last night Fox said they lived in a RV. UGH.. Misty said she got up to go to the bathroom, didnt make it because she saw the kitchen light on, she went out into the kitchen and saw the back door was open.

Not sure about this mobile home, but most double wides that have a master bedroom, the bathroom is in the bedroom, not across or down the hall. So which bedroom were they actually sleeping in?

I'd still like to know how many times the father contacted the home between 3pm and 10pm on the night in question. it would seem to me normal check-in patterns would exist. no one has mentioned any conversations that may have took place between 3pm and 10pm. this guy knew he was trusting his children to a 17 y.o live in girlfriend. how many times did he regularly check in at night. was the traffic any different the night Haleigh went missing?

IMO, guys just are not that obsessive about calling home to check on their kids. Even some moms are not, if they trust the person keeping them. When my mother kept my boys, I rarely called to check on them, unless I knew they were sick or something. I trusted her to call me if something happened, and she did. And it could be that due to the type of work he did, he was just too busy to make a call. I see your point, but he seems a little immature to me too, so he just might not think about something like that. JMO.

Here's a portion of Misty's account--notice the confusion about blankets. .

Ok-- i put her to bed about, you know, eight, o'clock cause that's her bedtime, she has school. I put her to bed and...her blanket and my blanket. My blanket was in the van that they took. So we had a blanket hanging on the window and I had to wash that--and her blanket--her blanket was-- was she-had peed on her blanket the night before, i guess, and i was gonna put it on her but it smelled like pee. So i washed her blanket and i gave her a little sheet to cover up with (voice breaks) and she fell asleep and I went--come in there and put her blanket on her and then I laid down."

Initially on the news I heard them say that Haleigh got up to use the bathroom and never came back, But I have not heard nor read that scenario since. Now just that Misty got up to use the Bathroom didn't make it there because she noticed the light on in the kitchen which led her to seeing that the door was open.

Dont know if this is a change of story on her part or just a miscommunication with reporters??

Not miscommication with reporters, both of these statements came out of Misty's mouth during interviews.

Anyone know the condition of the trailer?
Clean not clean. Lots of trash, overflowing ashtrays, garbage?
OR, clean as can be expected with 4 people living there?
Only reason I'm asking, I have been thinking Misty may have ran around disposing of things before calling 911. (drug proofing the place, etc.)
I think it's hard sometimes for people to call in LE, even in an emergency.
Just asking, not pointing a finger......:waitasec:
IMO

hmmmn - she did say she was cleaning that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98