FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to remember that although these families are different than many of our own (judging my the comments here), they do love their families just like everyone else does.

Someone commented that Mark Lunsford came under a great deal of suspicion because of the way he looked. He has turned out to be someone that I admire so much. He's real, he's down to earth, and he took the most horrible thing that could happen to a parent and has turned his life's mission into keeping other children safe. He is not bitter, he is not angry, he just wants to help others.

I wish everyone could give both of these families a bit of a break.

You raise some very good points here. I agree and apologize for previous tasteless joke(s). Sometimes posters need to blow off steam when reading through tragic cases such as this one; unfortunately what strikes one person's funny bone can be offensive to others. And it doesn't help find Haleigh.

It doesn't matter if one was the "lesser of two evils," if neither was willing to provide a safe, appropriate environment nor able to be a healthy, positive influence upon these children. Yes it's regrettable when State has to remove them from either parent, but at least we'd probably know where Haleigh is! JMO

:(

:parrot:
I disagree with what you are saying about the father here. His history is in the past (2002) and even if it still on his record...we do not know the circumstances of the charges or why he was not incarcerated for them. We do not know if he has any connection to drugs currently.

He is providing the children with a decent home, leaving them in the care of someone he felt was responsible, putting food on the table, and from all the photos I have seen of Haleigh...providing a happy childhood. The odds are and have been stacked against him since they were born, but he appears to have been actively working towards taking care of his kids.

He isn't a deadbeat father. I feel he is getting a bad rap for his past and the behavior when he found out she was missing. He might be a very good person underneath it all and very loving towards his children.

On the media thread - its on the front page of this forum.

I haven't finished reading the whole thread, but I had to stop and come here to say what an AMAZING job SWAG has done with the media thread. Absolutely outstanding!

We helped with the search yesterday, it was very hard. Alot of thick brush, and I mean thick! Today they will be searching specific areas that they feel are of importance. I cannot really say anymore on this, just wanted to let you know that this community is so very kind. Really diff than the Orlando set up. Food and drinks pouring in continually yesterday for the searchers of this little child. Please pray for a safe return for little Haleigh. I did get to meet her father and hug his neck to tell him there are many prayers being said. He was thankful. Tim Miller is an awesome person, God bless him!!

Thank you for searching. This case is so different from the Orlando one. In Orlando they knew the mother held the answers and the family was not cooperating. In fact they were rather hostile whereas is family is very open and readily agreed to take polygraphs. I think the public responses accordingly.

Maybe LE asked Granny to stop taking swipes at the Father and GF. There is a good reason why bio-mom does not have custody of the children and the Father, with all his alleged faults, was considered to be the better caretaker. And I really don't care if bio-mom has to pay 1/3 of her income in child support. Apparently, that is what the court determined to be her share of support. The courts are not concerned if the parents are broke after paying support, the courts are only concerned that the children are taken care of properly and that the custodial parent has the funds needed to care for the kids.

Pray for Haleigh to be found alive and well.

I disagree with what you are saying about the father here. His history is in the past (2002) and even if it still on his record...we do not know the circumstances of the charges or why he was not incarcerated for them. We do not know if he has any connection to drugs currently.

He is providing the children with a decent home, leaving them in the care of someone he felt was responsible, putting food on the table, and from all the photos I have seen of Haleigh...providing a happy childhood. The odds are and have been stacked against him since they were born, but he appears to have been actively working towards taking care of his kids.

He isn't a deadbeat father. I feel he is getting a bad rap for his past and the behavior when he found out she was missing. He might be a very good person underneath it all and very loving towards his children.

Both bio parents were teenagers when the kids were born. How many of us were perfectly mature at that age?

I also agree that transgressions of the past should not be a factor. Unless, of course they are a pattern that never stopped.

I will say that I was once a victim of spousal abuse so I'm sensitive to signs that a man might be an abuser or intimidator. And my radar was off the charts with the father. I do think he may have a propensity to intimidate and choose women for himself that will not stand up to him.

imo a can of biscuits - opening up- one of those twist ones-maybe, pillsbury?

Thank you. Now I see it. I couldn't figure out what the heck it was - looked like to white "bricks" of something...

I get no video.............I hate puters. Can you just tell us why no more media for Ron?
I don't believe they say why in the video, just that he will not be doing any more media interviews, they then go on to say something about other members of the family following suit...It was at the end of the video and not the main part of the news broadcast, mentioned almost as an afterthought.

snipped & bolded by me

This reporter said the items are being tested but according to Tim he thinks those "items are NOT significant".

Late last night I read here Tim said something about not thinking there would be a "happy ending".

I thought the items were connected to his response? :confused:

Also..Is there a video link to Tim's comments? TIA!

We helped with the search yesterday, it was very hard. Alot of thick brush, and I mean thick! Today they will be searching specific areas that they feel are of importance. I cannot really say anymore on this, just wanted to let you know that this community is so very kind. Really diff than the Orlando set up. Food and drinks pouring in continually yesterday for the searchers of this little child. Please pray for a safe return for little Haleigh. I did get to meet her father and hug his neck to tell him there are many prayers being said. He was thankful. Tim Miller is an awesome person, God bless him!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap: Thank you for taking time to search for Haleigh! Bravo!!

I am glad to hear such nice things about that little community. The media has mentioned how gracious they have been to them, too.

Isn't it nice when a family is grateful for the searchers who take the time to trudge through the elements and the rough terrain to find their missing loved one? This is the kind of support we expect to see. I am glad to hear it, too.

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/39610187.html
<snipped>

"The 17-year old girlfriend of Haleigh's father is now giving a different account as to where she, Haleigh and her younger brother were sleeping the night she disappeared.

The girlfriend now says all three were in the same bed, initially.

Investigators refuse to comment on this latest development, but instead is first focusing on finding the young girl. "

WHY is Misty changing her mind again. I Believe she spoke with the FBI yesterday.

I don't believe they say why in the video, just that he will not be doing any more media interviews, they then go on to say something about other members of the family following suit...It was at the end of the video and not the main part of the news broadcast, mentioned almost as an afterthought.

Thank - You so much. I find that very interesting. Very.

I get no video.............I hate puters. Can you just tell us why no more media for Ron?

Doesn't really elaborate. Just said he no longer wants to talk to the media.
I smell a lawyer lurking about....sniff sniff
IMO

snipped & bolded by me

This reporter said the items are being tested but according to Tim he thinks those "items are NOT significant".

Late last night I read here Tim said something about not thinking there would be a "happy ending".

I thought the items was connected to his response? :confused:

It also says the items were taken from the home if I am not mistaken. Maybe TM found something else on his search he is referring to?

I bellieve it was stated the other day that she now lives in GA. GA would have to open their own case.
she doesn't live in GA - she lives in Glen St. Mary - which is a small very rural town in Florida but very near the GA border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54