FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the transcript of the interview with a Ronald on NG. No sitting on front step........

CUMMINGS: And I pulled into the yard, and my girlfriend opened the front door, and I already knew something was wrong because she`s not up at this time. She told me -- I said, What are you doing up at this time? She said, Your back door`s wide open and your daughter`s gone.

GRACE: What is her description -- what scenario took place?

CUMMINGS: She got out of bed and went to use the restroom and came back to find that my daughter was not in bed with her.

GRACE: OK, what time did...

CUMMINGS: And the back door was wide open and she was -- and she was gone.

GRACE: Ronald, what time did she put Haleigh to bed?

CUMMINGS: She puts them to bed every night at 8:00 o`clock.

GRACE: At 8:00 o`clock. When she put...

CUMMINGS: And...

GRACE: When she put her to bed at 8:00 o`clock, did she also put to bed the little 4-year-old boy?

CUMMINGS: Yes, she did.

GRACE: OK. What time did she go to bed?

CUMMINGS: Approximately 10:30, 11:00.

GRACE: At 10:30, 11:00. At that time, was little Haleigh in the bed asleep with the brother?

CUMMINGS: Yes.

GRACE: And they all slept together in the same bed, correct?

CASAREZ: Yes.

GRACE: So sometime between 11:00 PM and 3:30 AM, Haleigh goes missing. Now, did she call 911?

CUMMINGS: No, she did not, not until after I was there. She tried to call me, but I was pulling in the driveway. So I asked her how come she was trying to call me, she needed to call 911. So she immediately called them then.

GRACE: And where does the biological mother live, Ronald? Ronald, where does the mom live? OK, I think somehow -- I think I`ve lost his connection. Liz, see if you can bring Ronald back up. Ronald, where does the mother...

CUMMINGS: I got you. I got you.

GRACE: OK. Good. Everyone, Ronald Cummings is joining us there at the command center in Satsuma, Florida. Mr. Cummings, where does Haleigh`s mother live?

CUMMINGS: In Baker County, in Glenn St. Mary (ph).

GRACE: What is that, about 150 miles away?

CUMMINGS: I would say approximately 90 to 100.

GRACE: Now, have you and your girlfriend both taken a polygraph, right?

CUMMINGS: Yes, I have. Passed it with flying colors. Yes, she has. Passed hers.

GRACE: And you volunteered to do that and you`ve been cooperating with police, right?

CUMMINGS: Yes. Why not? I don`t have anything to hide. I just want my daughter back. Anything that`s going to help them eliminate more people, that`s the best thing.

GRACE: Exactly. Mr. Cummings, you said the door was propped open. Describe to me what you saw when you got home.

CUMMINGS: I came in the house and immediately checked all the bedrooms, the bathroom, everywhere, just to be sure, and walked to the back door, it was wide open. As I walked out the back door, the screen door was propped open with a cinderblock.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/11/ng.01.html

Here's the whole interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGcVo1DfNlg

Later on in the video he says the part about her calling him

If Haleigh were missing long before bedtime, wouldn't dad/gf be concerned the 4 yr old would blow their whole story? Also, if something bad happened and the g/f was involved, I would think the other child would have awakened at some point during the actual event or during the cover up/clean up.

Excellent point! That's the best arguement against the theory that the crime took place much earlier than reported.

That's the one. He says that his first indication that something was wrong was that "she was up" or something to that effect. He says nothing about her calling him before he reached the house. He says nothing at that point about her calling him, about him not answering the phone, or answering the phone and telling her to call 911.
Now which is it?

From Nancy G

GRACE: So sometime between 11:00 PM and 3:30 AM, Haleigh goes missing. Now, did she call 911?

CUMMINGS: No, she did not, not until after I was there. She tried to call me, but I was pulling in the driveway. So I asked her how come she was trying to call me, she needed to call 911. So she immediately called them then.

So according to that ng transcript....the back door was still open when he got home..........umm hmmm

That's the same interview I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure it was NG Tue. Nite. But I definitely remember him saying she was trying to call him but he didn't pick it up because he was already home and saw her standing there.

That makes sense, and ties to the two versions together. She did call. He did have the horrible realization that something was wrong because she was up and outside. He asks what is going on, she says H is gone, and he says why are you calling me?!?!?! Call the police.

Some things just make me suspicious. Who's word are we taking for what?
Things that stick with me:

1.) LE seems to not want to answer or has not answered whether Haleigh was at school Monday or not. Why? It was a simple question that certainly could not hurt the case by answering that she was. Makes me think she may not have been.

I believe someone here on WS saw a MySpace message about a child sitting next to Haleigh in class or on the bus on Monday...

2.) Just because Ronald said he walked Haleigh from the bus does not make it so.

I thought he said he picked her up in his vehicle at the bus stop, then drove her home?

3.) Just because GF says she had company (family) that visited and left @ around 5:30 PM does not make it so.

4.) Unless it is on video or in print that neighbors saw the kids outside that afternoon and definately saw Haleigh, I am skeptical of it.

A neighbor's statement to LE has the kids playing outside til 5:30ish....

5.) Why does GF recount the kids supposedly playing outside and coming in @ 5:30 PM, then skips to bedtime? It would seem natural to me for the GF to tell of supper, baths, or whatever.

6.) Door propped open? Either staged or left that way by the A/C man. When I have my A/C serviced, the A/C man comes in and out a couple of times.

LE has interviewed the AC repair guy, they must be aware if he used this door or not...

7.) That an intruder would turn on an inside light is a big exception rather than the rule. Think about it. The intruder would be in the light and if seen it would be a distinct advantage of anyone maybe having a gun. A seasoned intruder will not turn on the lights.

8.) We will certainly find out at some point whether or not the GF had a cell phone or if there was a landline phone there. It is just me thinking she did not. Again just me, but it seemed that Ronald wanted the GF off the phone with the dispatcher because 'they' weren't coming. And I think that Ronald's anger was too intense during the call. He is going to kill whoever had stolen his daughter. At that point he cannot know what happened yet. I think he was over the top with his anger.

Agreed, Ronald came into the house already fired up ready to kill and was still fired up when LE made first contact with him on their arrival.

9.) I am not about to believe every word from Ronald or the GF simply because they said so. It depends on what is proven to be so. Whatever happened with Haleigh could have happened even before Ronald went to work and he went to work to have an alibi planning for Haleigh to be reported missing just after he got home.

JR is 4 and must be able to talk and give some accounting of the evening, I had a 2 y o who could explain dinner came after program X, bath came after program Y, bed came after program Z. Not that she always watched her shows but could definitely give a time line for part of the time when she did. My guess would be those kids had regular access to TV. Wasn't Haleigh (therefore JR) watching when she was put to bed?

The incident report did state that LE had taken a full automatic firearm. Why was N/A put on the report where the serial number should be recorded? Why did LE take recordings from the home described as: recordings - tapes, CD's, and cassettes? LE did take a picture of Haleigh, and I know that tapes and CD's could have had Haleigh in them, but cassettes?

Now if only LE would fill us in....

OK, I will shut up now! I am thinking that the Dad and the G/F know exactly what happened with Haleigh. I am not taking their word for anything. I do promise not to write another post this long!

Bottom line is that we do not have anything confirmed other than what time the call came in to 911 and that Haleigh is missing. Then LE takes it from there.

Yup, what's with that anyway. Red is response to questions.

A <cough cough> friend of mine, their house was burglarized and they of course called 911 as soon as they pulled into their driveway and found their door open. The pot they occasionally used didn't even cross their minds. Cops didn't say a word about it. They are not looking to harass your average citizen that called them after being victimized. I can't imagine the stuff they see day in and day out being called into peoples homes at their most unprepared.
Agree, I ran the scenario through my head and pot in the home or not, I wouldn't be able to dial 911 fast enough. If it happened the way it was reported and I am doubting it did, she had no idea if the perp was still in the home or not...frantic would have definitely set in.

and in conjunction with my previous post.....cajun just posted this above from a NG interview...

CUMMINGS: "And I pulled into the yard, and my girlfriend opened the front door, and I already knew something was wrong because she`s not up at this time. She told me -- I said, What are you doing up at this time? She said, Your back door`s wide open and your daughter`s gone."

Phone call, no phone call....told Misty to call 911, or not? FIst knew something was wrong because she called him, or because he got home and she was standing at the door and said THIS??

ETA....I've been cooking chicken in the "reserve" deep fryer for six hours. D*mn thing holds five pieces of chicken at a time....cut me some slack, by brain is fried. Regardless, I say they're lying at this point. Both of them.

I know it doesn't look good for Misty. I think she is lying about something, but what she is lying about is the problem. It would serve her well to just tell the whole truth.

I believe the father. I haven't heard anything close to what I would consider a lie yet.

You and I are on the same page, SS!

That's the one. He says that his first indication that something was wrong was that "she was up" or something to that effect. He says nothing about her calling him before he reached the house. He says nothing at that point about her calling him, about him not answering the phone, or answering the phone and telling her to call 911.
Now which is it?

Here's the Nancy Grace Video where he talks about her calling him as he pulled in the driveway (2:11 into the video approx.)

On the other hand, I'm not a cryer. In an emergency I am dead calm and only cry much later. But I still think her demeanor is off. However (again) if he has a tendency to be violent, she would be in the habit of staying calm to try to settle him down (Which is where I learned to be unemotional, actually)

I don't know. I am getting dizzy from analyzing details tonight.:Banane13:
I am not a crier, I am a very calm works well under pressure type of girl, BUT my daughter possibly missing??? totally different reaction. I could not control myself. My motto is "whatever you do, don't panic" but that day, I flipped, it was my BABY...

Back door still open, Jr in bed and she is at the front door....wow she was really worried about an intruder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 GMAB.

I just viewed the video where Ron goes down on his knees crying.......his neck is perfect.......so something happened later........no tatoo either like rumored.

and in conjunction with my previous post.....cajun just posted this above from a NG interview...

CUMMINGS: "And I pulled into the yard, and my girlfriend opened the front door, and I already knew something was wrong because she`s not up at this time. She told me -- I said, What are you doing up at this time? She said, Your back door`s wide open and your daughter`s gone."

Phone call, no phone call....told Misty to call 911, or not? FIst knew something was wrong because she called him, or because he got home and she was standing at the door and said THIS??

This is the whole NG interview
At approx. 2:11 in the NG interview he talks about the phone call

Cher, I was trying to find an address to do this same thing! But when I clicked on your link, it only shows me the homepage. What address are you using? TIA

202 Green Ln, do not spell out Lane or it won't come up.

Note there is another thing that was wrong on the police report, they had it listed as Dr not Ln.

I just viewed the video where Ron goes down on his knees crying.......his neck is perfect.......so something happened later........no tatoo either like rumored.
Well if it's a hickey and it happened after Haleigh went missing...that would be weird ! :confused:

Whew! Trying to stay caught up is hard.

As much as I don't want to believe the dad and gf are involved, I keep thinking about the interview with Greta. It was just very weird, especially with him covering his mic and telling her to look at the camera. This interview, along with all of the other strange incidences, keep me questioning their involvement.

I'm still on the fence, but I think this possibly could be an abduction by an SO who saw an opportunity and took it.

MC is not telling everything about what happened that night and I think it's out of fear. Kind of like the "I wrecked the car and parents are going to be mad" type of fear.

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members