Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he say it was wide open when he got home? :waitasec:

From the way he was talking, without actually saying whether it was or not, I definitely got the impression it was open when he got home. That makes me very suspicious of the g/f.

Dah, I would be scared to death that someone was after me too! I'd take baby and run for help to closest house and be frantic calling 911 and everyone I knew! Nothing adds up, just nothing...........IMO

At a minimum the shrieking screams coming from inside your own house as your realize someone has been inside your home and your daughter is GONE should be loud enough that the 911 calls came from neighbors.

In the house I use to live in the lady across the street, didn't know her at all, her child had a medical emergency and she went into complete panic, outside her house shrieking for help. I think 911 got calls from 4 different houses and several people came outside.

I haven't heard the sitting on the step story........OMG!

If she were just sitting there waiting for him, it sounds like a teenager that did something like wreck the car, and is waiting to greet the parents and give them the news before they see the wrecked car. Sorry for the bad analogy.

If Dad works nights, who took care of the children before Misty?

-sorry if this was asked and answered, I am a bit lost in here.

Hi karma-girl,

i don't know if is this question has been answered by dad. but, a good guess imo would be grandma?...pure guess, she seems very supportive of her son.

Does anyone have a link to the article/statement of Misty sitting on the front steps when he drove up?

So going with this.... Misti is relatively calm during the call, not hysterical or searching while talking to the police. Dad flips out, mostly angry, but many people men especially are most comfortable with anger so that is not surprising, at least it is a raw emotion. Even the 911 operator tells Misti to calm him down before the officers get there. But Misti who supposedly is at best 5 minutes ahead of him processing this info is relatively calm. How long do you think H was gone and how long has Misti known? Was she just watching the clock tick putting off the notification of dad as long as she could?
yes, as I was reading along, the same thought came into my brain...she wasnt sobbing on the 911 call. My daughter(5 yrs old at the time a teenager now) was sent home on the schoolbus one day instead of going to after school care. I was at work, almost 40 minutes away. My MIL was supposed to pick her up at the school and when she got there AT 5:30!!(school ends at 2:30!!!) she called me at work and I immediately flipped the hell out, sobbing, wailing, screaming,sobbing, sobbing....IMMEDIATELY. Luckily, my daughter got off the bus, saw mom wasnt home and went next door. I was still sobbing when I got home. One would think that knowing the dad's temper here, and I feel like Misty is very farmiliar with it, she would have started the waterworks immediately. why didnt she?? I know I may react differently, but the calmness, and no tears bothers me..

I thought the same thing. Have we heard anything about her relationship with her mother?

Someone sleuthed her address out RR0004, hopefully someone will tell us how close by she was living.

...going a different direction...

The trail that K9 followed per the police report.

Went...
1) Out back door
2) Down wooded path to water's edge
3) Back up to road by house w/ open outbuilding
4) To railroad crossing

Do I have the order right?

Anyone located this railroad crossing on Google sat view? Good place to park & walk to the house?

So, the dogs stopped at the railroad crossing? In our town we have a "slow" train and a "fast" train. Do we know who owns this railroad track and what it is used for?

Went...
1) Out back door
4) To railroad crossing

Anyone located this railroad crossing on Google sat view? Good place to park & walk to the house?
Wasn't something about this mentioned on the presser today? (I missed most of it.)

Some things just make me suspicious. Who's word are we taking for what?
Things that stick with me:

1.) LE seems to not want to answer or has not answered whether Haleigh was at school Monday or not. Why? It was a simple question that certainly could not hurt the case by answering that she was. Makes me think she may not have been.

2.) Just because Ronald said he walked Haleigh from the bus does not make it so.

3.) Just because GF says she had company (family) that visited and left @ around 5:30 PM does not make it so.

4.) Unless it is on video or in print that neighbors saw the kids outside that afternoon and definately saw Haleigh, I am skeptical of it.

5.) Why does GF recount the kids supposedly playing outside and coming in @ 5:30 PM, then skips to bedtime? It would seem natural to me for the GF to tell of supper, baths, or whatever.

6.) Door propped open? Either staged or left that way by the A/C man. When I have my A/C serviced, the A/C man comes in and out a couple of times.

7.) That an intruder would turn on an inside light is a big exception rather than the rule. Think about it. The intruder would be in the light and if seen it would be a distinct advantage of anyone maybe having a gun. A seasoned intruder will not turn on the lights.

8.) We will certainly find out at some point whether or not the GF had a cell phone or if there was a landline phone there. It is just me thinking she did not. Again just me, but it seemed that Ronald wanted the GF off the phone with the dispatcher because 'they' weren't coming. And I think that Ronald's anger was too intense during the call. He is going to kill whoever had stolen his daughter. At that point he cannot know what happened yet. I think he was over the top with his anger.

9.) I am not about to believe every word from Ronald or the GF simply because they said so. It depends on what is proven to be so. Whatever happened with Haleigh could have happened even before Ronald went to work and he went to work to have an alibi planning for Haleigh to be reported missing just after he got home.

The incident report did state that LE had taken a full automatic firearm. Why was N/A put on the report where the serial number should be recorded? Why did LE take recordings from the home described as: recordings - tapes, CD's, and cassettes? LE did take a picture of Haleigh, and I know that tapes and CD's could have had Haleigh in them, but casettes?

OK, I will shut up now! I am thinking that the Dad and the G/F know exactly what happened with Haleigh. I am not taking their word for anything. I do promise not to write another post this long!

Bottom line is that we do not have anything confirmed other than what time the call came in to 911 and that Haleigh is missing. Then LE takes it from there.

I like the way you think LaLaw.

FWIW, re: "recordings" my first thought was an answering machine tape. Dunno why, but, that is what came to mind.

I think this is really important. As I remember, Misty said she noticed Haleigh was missing at 3:00 am?? So there was a 27 minute gap between the discovery and the 911 call--
-was she stoned/sedated and just too out of it to react appropriately?
-was she not really sleeping and actually doing something outside of the home/away from the sleeping kids?
-was she really fearful of invoking any authority until she talked to Ronald, for whatever reason??

27 minutes is a long time to do nothing--
I saw something written elsewhere on the internet to the effect of
if you wait 27 minutes to call LE, you're either:
cleaning up, covering up, or making up(lies)

I'd add that perhaps Misty was/is somehow impaired by drugs, fear or cognitive issues. But the 27 minutes is really important, IMO.

It is possible she was clearing up and getting rid of any pot/beer she'd been using before involving cops. Or maybe cleaning up mess before involving law? I had the definite feeling in the 911 call that she was way more afraid of Ron than she was of LE though. He's probably a guy who gets angry and hollers easily when upset - more verbal abuse than physical, but I'm sure she was aware of that and tried not to irritate him. I agree that she was outside somewhere maybe with a relative or friend, and doesn't want to admit not being in with the kids and that's what makes it seem as if she's nervous.

I just find it hard to believe the coincidence of a SO wandering in right while Misty was gone. I almost wonder if Ron himself (or a relative / or bio mom's bf) didn't hide Hayleigh somewhere to "scare" Misty, when they found she'd been leaving her post? But not sure what happened then, if she wandered off or if that relative still has her - have they searched bio mom's home and family where she lives? Just some confused thoughts and MO.

Went...
1) Out back door
3.5)Did a loop past RSO house
4) To railroad crossing

Order is right, but with potentially important info ommitted. I added it in blue.

Does anyone have a link to the article/statement of Misty sitting on the front steps when he drove up?

What I'm thinking of is a TV interview the father did on NG or JVM on the first or second nite. I think he said his phone was ringing as he pulled up to the house and about the same time he looked and saw her on the step or just coming out of the house. I don't think I remember her actually sitting on the steps, just that he placed her there, out of the house, as his phone was ringing. But I could be wrong!

In the video of the interview with RC, day one I think, he is wearing a blue striped shirt and holding what appears to be a printed out legal sized picture of Haleigh. A reporter asks him what his first indication was that something was wrong. RC says something about "she was up" or "she was standing at the door." I remember this because I copied onto the thread his exact words. He said nothing about a phone call from Misty or that he knew when he got there that Haleigh was missing. Will someone please help me find this video?

Went...
1) Out back door
4) To railroad crossing

This is the post with the map that was done by JWG of the route of the tracking dogs.
[I don’t know how to bring this over to this thread]
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3307947&postcount=318

If she were just sitting there waiting for him, it sounds like a teenager that did something like wreck the car, and is waiting to greet the parents and give them the news before they see the wrecked car. Sorry for the bad analogy.

I can relate to that wrecked car story!:eek:

I'm being very technical when I write this, but I don't believe anything that MC says. It has nothing to do with her age or anything else, it has everything to do with her story changing over and over. It may be as simple as being fearful, or it could be something else.

The fact is SOMEONE took this little girl and she is NOT where she should be! I'm looking at the other facts known in this case and not what MC says.

We don't have very many facts at all. There are no leaks coming from the SD and the sheriff has not said much of anything either. I wish they would confirm a time line and if everyone passed the polygraphs...something

Anyone ever find out today what is behind the bandage on Ron's neck?
scratches?

Could it be that when Misti saw the time (it was close to when Ron gets home) she called him first to see if Haleigh was with him? My husband used to work nights and if I woke up around the time he was due home and couldn't find my son I might think he may be with his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90