FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping my own post since no one commented on it and I'll need help to accomplish it.

:blowkiss:

I think all the threads would end up having the same tags....because everyting has been discussed in each one...imo.

New thought...

The angle of Mitsy not wanting to fess up to being negligent or careless for fear of Ronald - like her leaving for a while and coming home to find Haleigh gone or whatever - but afraid to say that -

It doesn't make too much sense to me - cuz if that was truly the case - how did she know Haleigh would not show up safe somewhere and say - "Well, I just left to try to find Misty after she left us there..."

She'd still be busted with Dad. Maybe even more so for having lied in the first place.

I don't know how frequent or the cause of Haleigh's bedwetting, but it is a trigger for child abuse. And child abuse sometimes leads to death. There have been alot of cases where an abused, missing or murdered child had wet the bed immediately prior. Especially if the child wet the bed an adult was in.

I said this before in a thread somewhere, but by telling about the blankets and giving up TMI, she IMO was giving a reason for being at the back door. She made a point of saying the washer/dryer were right at the back door. She placed herself there. Mark Fuhrman 101. The one with something to hide will always place themselves at the scene but "have" a good reason for being there.

i appreciate your logic :)

It seems as though she is inserting things into her statements, like blankets and pee.
I wonder why she didnt know the girls birthday? If she had been there 5 or 6 months, she has either had a birthday, or was going to have one. My daughter was so proud when she was gonna be 6, she told everyone her birthday...Probably not relevant, but strange to me. If they loved her and she loved them, you would know the kids b-day if you took care of them "24/7"
In her defence I had to call 911 for my daughter. I was SO frantic I could not remember her birthday or keep my head straght I was in complete shock!

From following cases for a long time a few things I've noticed are:

Guilty people over explain and offer up answers before the question is asked. LIE COVER UP

Blankets and rugs have a tendency to disappear the same time a missing person does. This is usually because there is evidence of foul play on them or the body is wrapped in them.

Laundry is done to wash away evidence. It's not unusual for LE to show up to take a missing person report and find the washer or dryer on, or a load of wet laundry. Freshly mopped floors, etc. If someone was missing, the last thing on my mind would be doing laundry and cleaning house. Heck sometimes LE shows up and the walls are freshly painted.

you are sooo right........we see this allot........Maria Lauderbach, Laci P, Caylee, etc.
bolded by me, ok?

I have a thought and I'm just going to put it here as I ramble.

As I said before I don't think Misty was in that house all night, I don't have anything to support it though. ITA.

She gives detail about the blankets, then she goes into detail about when she found Haleigh missing. But there is a void there in details about what happened in between. Yes I know she says she was sleeping but the skip in info bothers me. BOthers me too. As somone said before, what teenager goes to bed at 10 - 10:30 at night?

Initially I thought, well she must have gone out to see some friends. I'm not so sure, and here's the reason why...her friends would have said something by now. Even if she and her friends were doing something like drinking and smoking weed and such, I really believe that they would've stepped up to the plate and told LE. Because I think she stayed in the neighborhood. Maybe they DID say something to the police though, and we just haven't been informed.

I'm starting to lean to the fact that maybe she had a lover. She is meeting this man while Daddy is at work. He comes to her after the kids have gone to bed. She sneaks out to be with him.
I've also wondered about that too!

Great minds and all!

So basically the location did not change...only the age? That was weird for a few minutes...lol. I thought for a second they had changed locations. :bang:

I BELIEVE that's what the change was, based on what I remember from the first one. I believe the first one just said 5 year old girl and Putnam County and not even Satsuma. Sorry, I don't have the original Amber still saved on my phone.

ETA: Below is what I posted on the Caylee Memorial when I received the first Amber Alert: (don't know how to quote from a locked thread)

Watching on HLN and the Emergency System came on with an Amber Alert for a 5 year old girl from Putnam County, FL (not sure where that is). I believe they said the girl's name is Haley. Wow, just really eerie to get that alert during this memorial.

Oh lord.

The name of the owners of the home (315 2nd Ave, Satsuma) that Donald Sapp (SO) lives in (and moved into on 1/26/2009) is owned by

Griffis Jeffrey Michael + Billye

Same last name as bio-mom's boyfriend and mother.

Geesh this sure is an "incestuous" bunch (using figuratively here folks... I think). JMO

I figure that Misty is very simple plain folk (not an insult in any way shape or form) I have met plenty of people like this and even have some in my own family.

My take on Misty? She's young yes. She might be naive she might be emotionally immature but she's not stupid...she's stupid like a fox if she's like the people I have known.

Is she afraid of him? Might be. I don't think that would keep her from falling in love or having a lover in another man. Would she stay at Ron's trailer with this man? I doubt it. She's not that stupid. If she got caught messing around Ron would probably tear her a new one. If she got caught sleeping with another man in his home or bed...he might kill her. I bet she knows his limits what she can do and get away with.

(snipped) I don't have a high degree of suspicion that w two kids on her hands, gf was looking for another lover... however your thoughts re where that could take place prompted another thoughtline.

If you were overwhelmed, just wanting a break (which I think is more likely), maybe gf on previous occasions allowed Haleigh to venture outside w either bro/other family member/friend/neighbor/bro's friend as this provided her w a much needed break. On which occasion/s maybe either van, or outbuilding, was used for SA of Haleigh. Maybe a recent or ongoing thing, maybe just this once w/out Haleigh's knowledge, who knows this could all be totally offbase. Yet if gf had knowledge of anyone having been w Haleigh, it seems she would have not only told dad but cleared herself by now by reporting to LE--unless it was her bro or someone she'd risk covering for...? JMO

:confused:

:parrot:

If I'm understanding your confusion correctly, perhaps it could be explained by Misty using "blanket" and "sheet" interchangeably. So, the "sheet" she put over Hayleigh was also the "blanket" she took off the window.

I understood her to say - she put them to bed..... her (Misty's blanket) was in someone's van that wasn't at the home ..... Hayleigh's blanket smelled of pee - so she washed it.... (then she washed it at 8pm).... took the blanket off the window and covered the boy with that........ and put a sheet on Hayleigh while her blanket was washing & drying.....

then she covered her with the blanket when it was dry and she went to bed at 10 or 10:30

I don't know how frequent or the cause of Haleigh's bedwetting, but it is a trigger for child abuse. And child abuse sometimes leads to death. There have been alot of cases where an abused, missing or murdered child had wet the bed immediately prior. Especially if the child wet the bed an adult was in.

I just can't see Misty being able to cover up a murder. Now, maybe if she had help, but not by herself.

...okay...you guys are waaaaay too fast. for the last week i can not keep up with this for nothing. soooo...can someone PLEASE PM me with "all the changing stories" cause i was never able to catch them all and compare. i know i am missing a lot here and i can ask here but i will never find the answer. i walk away to do something with the kids and...BAM...two more new pages!!! ...i go pee...BAM...moved to new thread!...

and does anyone sleep anymore? i was here around 2AM and it was moving like it was 2PM. some of you guys are doing a great job but the picture bashing was too much.

you are sooo right........we see this allot........Maria Lauderbach, Laci P, Caylee, etc.
bolded by me, ok?

And let me add that sometimes the perps are freshly showered with wet hair and all. I wonder if Misty had wet hair when Ron came home?

Bumping my own post since no one commented on it and I'll need help to accomplish it.

:blowkiss:
Great idea, I meant to comment to ya earlier, my apologies.

About the bed wetting, it's true Haleigh may not have wet the bed as being reported in an obvious manner. She may could have wet it when losing her life and body organs were shutting down. Thus still wetting the bed and covers needing to be washed. I sure hope not though ugh!!

We just have found over our years of sleuthing cases, the murderers often tell half truths, close to the truth, using actual details of the real events as a story and alibi to LE and the public when face to face with questioning.

Because no matter how much premeditation, planning or cover up goes on in a crime, the wrongdoer can't possibly know what another will ask them entirely. They can count on certain questions, but not everything to be planned and ready to give forth a response in order to cover their behinds.

Nobody is that good, though some think they are. Just some of the details Misty is reporting is a classic story of so many events that's happened in a real murder in my eyes. Sorry.

Do you guys think Misty's response to putting Haliegh to bed is odd at all?

She says something like "I put her to bed at 8 o'clock - cuz she has school the next day" and that's about it.

I dunno if it were me I would have said something more like - "I put her to bed at 8 o'clock - that's her usual bedtime - and she went right to sleep" or "I put her to bed at 8 o'clock - but she watched TV for a while and finally fell asleep about 8:30"

Do you see what I'm getting at? Too much info about what we don't need to know (washed blanket) and not enough info about what would seem more realistic.

Hope I'm making sense.

Yes, mommya, it is always significant when added information is given that has nothing to do with the main point of the account. There's a lot of that going on in Misty's account and that's why it feels so "off" to a lot of us here.

The main point of Misty's account should be Hayleigh's disappearance, yet we see many details which seem unimportant. These portions appear to be explanatory in nature--a type of explaining away certain details that are important to Misty for reasons that are not yet known.

You could be right since baby daddy, Chad, is her step brother. Why not all live under their parents' roof? :waitasec:
But wasn't it said somewhere that Crystal bought her own home? That would be kinda weird, but not unheard of that Daughter buys a home then boyfriend, mom and mom's boyfriend all move in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kdillon