FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this may have already been posted but...doing public records search of address of SO Donald Lee Sapp http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=6441 the address comes up as residence of Jeffrey Griffis.

Maria Griffis: Mother of Crystal Sheffield
Crystal Shefield: Birth Mother of Haleigh Cummings
Chad Griffis: Boyfriend of Crystal Sheffield

Has anyone figured out the connection between these family members?

WHEW!!!! My head is spinning. This thing is really bizarre. A community of SO's AND some of them appear to be friends of the family. :eek:

That just reminded me of a thought I had a little while ago. If signs start to point to Misty, but before she is arrested or anything, that little girl better watch herself because I can see all of biomom's family snatching every hair out of her head and then some!

ITA. I thought that was why Misty spent the 1st day at home with her Mom instead of with Ronald.

okay nevermind Lalaw makes a good point.

I remember her saying that too yolorado. She had visitation with Jr. this weekend.

She said she had them every two weeks.

So if the weekend of 14 FEB 09 was her scheduled visit with then we can back up and say without certainty that Haleigh was seen by her bio-Mother the weekend of 31 JAN 09. Which would have been two weeks prior.

In an interview she said she had last seen Haleigh two weeks ago.

So when we interpret that LE is going to take a timeline back 30 days, it doesn't automatically mean that she hasn't been seen by anyone in 30 days, even if we don't know what was her last day of attendence at school.

Right, it means they want to see who she has come in contact with in the last 30 days. There could be someone new in the picture, they could have had another repair person who turns out to be a sex offender, or they may find someone who says they saw the gf within the last month and she said ______________________ which leads them somewhere.

I personally think the police already know what happened. They are just building a case. There is not a frenetic energy surrounding the case that makes me think they are racing the clock to find a live Haleigh before it is too late. This seems like a body search to me. And we haven't heard anything about a local sex offenders house being ripped apart, a car being impounded, an area of the woods roped off. I really hope I am wrong, but I see the house H lived in marked a crime scene, her last known caretaker unable to hold a simple storyline, and the police from what I can see doing a gridsearch of the woods looking for a body.

If she is dead, none of the ways she got that way are good (SO, accident, etc...) but I so don't want this to be another one dead and thrown away by the person that was suppose to be protecting them. Again, not that the other version would make me feel better but evil from the world invading your home is somehow different than evil being in the home and just waiting to express itself.

Is 212 Monroe a mobile home? This is where Kyle Johnson lives. Is he a SO?

Also, just to clarify - does KJ have something to do with the landlord?

TIA

Salem

I'm sure this may have already been posted but...doing public records search of address of SO Donald Lee Sapp http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=6441 the address comes up as residence of Jeffrey Griffis.

Maria Griffis: Mother of Crystal Sheffield
Crystal Shefield: Birth Mother of Haleigh Cummings
Chad Griffis: Boyfriend of Crystal Sheffield

Has anyone figured out the connection between these family members?

I will have to go look for Jeff but Maria is married to Chad's father, so Crystal and Chad are step siblings and now fiances.

Good points, but I think it was posted the mobile home was built in 95. I'm sure someone would have changed the locks since then, however it doesn't mean a previous tenant would not still have copies, nor would it mean friends didn't have a spare copy.
I am now a realtor, and DH sells building material including locks etc...Most locks have the same master key until the homeowner is given their key, and then a tumbler drops inside of the lock and the construction, or "pass" key doesnt work anymore.

Landlord? Meter reader?

That was my first thought or service guy going around to all of the rentals.
Or rent collector for the owner who has a place in PA. Most snowbirds are in Florida now and don't come back up north until late spring so I have no idea if he would be down there or not. Could just be a vacation place but he does have a active phone number for the place. [I say active, I should say listed]

I just don't know enough about how tracking dogs work. I just found it odd that the dogs would go around in a big circle.

I have NEVER seen them "hold" a residence while the victim's family were sleeping in a tent or a hotel for this long. As a matter of fact...I have never heard of LE being able to "hold" a residence period. This is a new one on me. Anyone else?!

No, I haven't. Unless LE is waiting on forensic testing from inside the home to come back.

Umpteen threads ago, someone mentioned seeing what looked like brown paper over one of the bedroom windows. When CSI went into the Anthony home during one of the warrants, they were carrying a roll of brown paper with them and materials we thought to be luminol.

CSI could have taken a carpet sample from the bedroom also. Maybe CSI is further testing debris from the carpeting.

Heck, I don't know! Almost everything has to be speculated about at this time!

Today, I am getting such a rude awakening. Again...I have to stop and evaluate what we know. It is not much, but it does point back at the father and the gf with what they are not saying and with what they are saying. I want to believe the father...but I went back to see what I thought initially and I didn't buy it then. Maybe I should have stayed with my first impressions of this case. Like I said...going back to square one.

My initial thought was the father then switched to the GF and back and forth!

I agree with all the above, and I have a couple of questions. You are good at putting things together so see if you have an answer for either of these. TIA:blowkiss:
1. Could this neighborhood be the kind of neighborhood where people party a lot? If that's the case maybe people just minded their own business. Wouldn't it be strange that no one saw or heard anything?

2. Could M. have been partying while RC was at work, and not been paying any attention to where Haleigh was and what she was doing? If a lot of people where going in and out of the house maybe she doesn't want RC to know it???
Thats what I've been thinking cat! It seems that all of the family pics that I have seen either have pot or alcohol in them somewhere. Some of them have arrests for drugs. And not putting Misty down, but just the law of averages, she is a teenager, home alone alot with children, probably bored and lonely, has family and maybe friends nearby that probably party, she probably parties too. I keep thinking that this is a frequent occurrance, after the kids go to sleep, either she goes to someone's house or someone comes over, either inside the house or hangs around outside, she leaves the door open to "keep an eye" on the kids. But from there, I'm stumped. A stranger takes advantage of the situation, or a neighbor/family/friend does.... I have a hard time thinking that Misty directly had anything to do with whatever happened to Haleigh, but who knows.

It was. It was on the rerun NG sat night, which I think was thurs's episode?

THe rerun from last night had the thing at the saying the first 72 hours were drawing to a close, so that would have made it the episode from Thursday.

James Joseph Lane...lokking for more info now.

Info found through http://www.city-data.com/soz/soz-32189.html

Sexual battery injury not likely from 1995, victim was female over 12.

Wow, just Wow! Addy is 202 Green Green Lane...Haleigh's house:eek:
JamesJosephLane.jpg

You know, I had a thought.

Now I don't have anything to support this theory.

But I think that Ronnie just might be a hard head. He might just say to himself..."F" going to go stay at somebody's house where there's a shower and hot food. I'm going to get my tent and I'm not budging until the LE finds Haleigh.

I could be wrong though:wink:

Or... he may just like the idea of being able to break camp fast... j/k... sorta lol. :eek:

So...abduction......

Assumptions......
Perp must know area, presumably well enough to be on foot in the middle of the night.

Perp must know who's in the house and where in the house they are.

Perp must know that "adult" in the house sleeps like the dead.

Perp must know the layout of the house.

Perp must know how to get in previously locked door with no sign of forced entry, no noise, or must have known the door was UNLOCKED.

Perp must have known where to find cinderblock(in the dark), because I do not believe "he" brought it with him. A cinderblock, come on?!

Perp must have known that he needed to prop this door open with this cinderblock whether it was to keep it open, keep it from making noise, etc.

Perp must have been able to get to the house, get in the house, get through the house, get to the bed, grab the child, go back through the house, get out the door..and be gone...

All without making a sound....and no one sleeping in the same room moved?

unfortunately, i can't determine whether it was staged or an actual intruder. if the dad came home, and the house was locked up tight, and haleigh was gone, how could misty explain that?

IF it was gf tho (w/ or w/out dad's involvement) there needed to be some kinda "solid evidence" to suggest an actual intruder, right? Which needn't involve nor imply anything more than negligence on gf's part. But might be used by her as a means of deflecting any level of responsibility especially w dad's custody already at issue and a prior incident 2. JMO

:parrot:

Is 212 Monroe a mobile home? This is where Kyle Johnson lives. Is he a SO?

Also, just to clarify - does KJ have something to do with the landlord?

TIA

Salem

I believe it Kyle Johns, that is how he is listed in the registry, but yes he is a sex offender. Did over 10 years, just got out last year. We have not been able to find any of his records to see what his victim profile has been (I think that should be part of the registry personally, if the state is going to tell us there is a predator in the neighborhood than give the parents in the area a heads up on who he is likely to be drawn to).

Kyle's place is owned by the same landlord as the one Haleigh lives in. This landlord either doesn't screen his tenants for criminal records, or he specifically rents to people with criminal records to keep his units filled. There are people in our area that break their rentals down to the room and fill the house or building with sex offenders. Keeps their rent high, I think the state helps in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV