FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh..I really don't want to think that this father had anything to do with this..If he did, I think he controlled his gf into taking part in it..If that turns out to be the case, I'll just puke!
I know. Start over and look at this thing. Our sympathy for him could have caused us to misjudge a situation. Just saying...

But could just anybody pick her up and move her? :) I still think it would've been pretty bold especially since it doesn't look like the perp could make a fast getaway out of the area, and how did the perp know nobody with a gun was inside the house? MOO

That is a good question. I don't believe in babysitters, so I don't know if anyone besides me, her father or my fiance could move her.

Now this is just a question. I am way passed the having children 5 years old stage, but if your child around 5 was sleeping in the same room with you on a mattress on the floor could you pick her up and carry her out of the room without her making a noise?

My son is 6 and we play "musical beds" in my house. A couple of weeks ago my husband came and carried my 6-yo out of the bed I was sleeping in, and took him to sleep in another bed. I never heard a thing. Really freaked me out to be honest, but on numerous occasions I have lifted my kids out of bed and they sleep right thru it.

No- I won't. There's something wrong about imposing physically. I can't bring myself to do it. I wanted to search yesterday but I had to wait on a work man at my house.

But I'm putting feelers out everywhere I can.

I was just kidding, I didn't think you would.:) Don't see you as a stalker peeking into windows, for some reason. But the list was funny!

snipped

If a man walked up to me at the convenience store and stared more than one second at me or the children, he would be given over to LE to investigate. I would be investigating everyone myself, LE would have to snatch me back. They would probably have to knock me out to let them do their jobs cause I would question anyone that breathed.

Just something that happened to me: it was Halloween and my daughter was 3 and she was dressed as a ballerina. My mom worked at a convenience store and wanted us to come show her my daughters costume. My daughter was standing behind the counter with my mom and the line was long. This creepy looking man starred at my daughter the whole time he was in the store. I almost hit him and it seriously scared me and creeped me out. I left soon after with my daughter. But still that guy starring at my daughter - still to this day thinking about it creeps me out. :frown:

Now this is just a question. I am way passed the having children 5 years old stage, but if your child around 5 was sleeping in the same room with you on a mattress on the floor could you pick her up and carry her out of the room without her making a noise?

i would think he would cover her mouth. maybe even carry her out by her head to make sure her mouth stayed well covered? maybe a tv was on? the perp (if there was one) had some inside knowledge of situation. i think he knew ron wasn't there. therefore, unfortunately, he didn't have much to lose. he either gets in and out with the child, or misty wakes up and he runs away without the child. either way, he's probably not getting caught.

I hope to GOD that Crystal and her Mom are not there "with" George. Now I am having to rethink why the others pulled away from the media.

Often times too they're not completely truthful on their rental applications and a landlord can decline them for that reason ~ assuming of course a background check is run. MOO

My town in Texas has a newer law that requires SO's to move outside the city limits, but the older ones who are on the list can stay in town. I find it silly because the two best schools districts around here are outside the city limits. My mother rented the cheapest she could afford out there in order to get my grandson into the best school. I wonder if this area of Florida has a similar law and that could be why so many are out there. Of course it's probably cheaper rent to live out in a trailer park, but there could be another reason.

Nancy Marie Griffis (Sheffield, and maiden name Johns) married Bruce A. Griffis in 2002. I thought perhaps Chad Griffis was an adult son of Bruce. But, I can't find any connection between Bruce and Chad.

What I did find was a 29-year-old Chad Griffis, related to Victor Griffis age 52 and his wife, Deborah Lynn Griffis, age 48, with a sister named Jill, age 25. Note that the Chad Griffis that Crystal Sheffield is engaged to (and is the father of her infant daughter) is 29-years-old.

Is there a relationship between Bruce A. Griffis and Victor Griffis? I'm wondering if they're brothers? That would mean that Crystal Sheffield (bio-mom) is engaged to her step-father's brother's son. There would be no blood relationship.

Thank you Leila...off to sleuth.

i don't know what the exact statistics are, but i think there are a lot more "SO's" that are "SO's" for crimes similar to the one ron is currently commiting than there are that are going to commit crimes as serious as child abduction. but they all get grouped together which is kind of unfair, but i guess it's more incentive for anyone to not commit any of these crimes.

In Oregon, they are classified into three groups and only ONE group is listed on the SO database, the most serious offenders.

Nancy Marie Griffis (Sheffield, and maiden name Johns) married Bruce A. Griffis in 2002. I thought perhaps Chad Griffis was an adult son of Bruce. But, I can't find any connection between Bruce and Chad.

What I did find was a 29-year-old Chad Griffis, related to Victor Griffis age 52 and his wife, Deborah Lynn Griffis, age 48, with a sister named Jill, age 25. Note that the Chad Griffis that Crystal Sheffield is engaged to (and is the father of her infant daughter) is 29-years-old.

Is there a relationship between Bruce A. Griffis and Victor Griffis? I'm wondering if they're brothers? That would mean that Crystal Sheffield (bio-mom) is engaged to her step-father's brother's son. There would be no blood relationship.
Yes. It was determined she was engaged to her step brother and had his child already.

These threads move SOO fast. I have a few questions:

- DID RC & Co lawyer up?

- Have they said anything else in regards to that evidence they found?

- Is there anything else I missed?

Thanks guys! :blowkiss:

Originally Posted by JulieR

If she was used to her daddy coming in during the middle of the night and moving her to another bed, probably, and again, if M is used to him moving around in the middle of the night and turning on lights, she might sleep right through it too.

Pulling together- keeping quiet amongst their group as I understand it. There are a few degrees of separation between me and folks in the know.

Please don't hold me to any of this as fact but I'll share what I am learning.

I believe the family was advised to stay away from the media and KFN/GA. That was good advice.

Also, the initial anger between parent's families is waning- they are pulling together.

General feeling is that this was not an inside job- but I don't know if that's what is being said or if they really believe that.

Sorry I can't provide anything definite.

Thank you. I won't hold you to any of it, but just hearing it makes me feel a bit closer and therefore makes me feel as if I am actually helping in some way.
Does that make sense?
Geez, I ask that all the time. Maybe that should be my new sig?

Thank you, Pirate!!

And on a side note, maritime history will be made tonight. Two of the biggest showboats on the same stage. George Anthony will be on Geraldo At Large.

O/T: I will not bother to watch it because I'm sick up and fed with Geraldo making promises he can't keep!:mad:

If this DOES turn out to be a new and interesting interview, I'll be happy to wait and watch it on Patty G's video of the event.

Thank you for the public service announcement, tho! :blowkiss:

My town in Texas has a newer law that requires SO's to move outside the city limits, but the older ones who are on the list can stay in town. I find it silly because the two best schools districts around here are outside the city limits. My mother rented the cheapest she could afford out there in order to get my grandson into the best school. I wonder if this area of Florida has a similar law and that could be why so many are out there. Of course it's probably cheaper rent to live out in a trailer park, but there could be another reason.

I live in a very small city, bedroom community to a larger city. What the smaller cities have started to do (and I am hoping ours will as well) is define that a RSO cannot live within a quarter mile of any public or private school, daycare center, church, park or playground. Might be missing a couple things from that list. By the time you map out every single one of those and draw a 1/4 mile radius from them it blocks out the entire city.

Pertaining to being able to pick up a sleeping child without waking them:

My mother told me that she would stand me up and walk me to my bed and I stayed asleep up until my preteen years. Scary considering it could have been anyone and I would have never woken up! :eek:

Originally Posted by JulieR

If she was used to her daddy coming in during the middle of the night and moving her to another bed, probably, and again, if M is used to him moving around in the middle of the night and turning on lights, she might sleep right through it too.

Good points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member