FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put Central Florida News 13 on- I'll see if they say anything.

Do we know the train schedule for that crossing ?

My hubby is a conductor for UP and it would be kind of hard to figure out the train schedule, as there is no set schedule that trains go through, except for what they call the local, which is a few engines that go and pull dropped cars back to the yard.

I hope that helps a little with what you were thinking. It might be possible to find out exactly how many trains went through there during a day, but probably would only be accessible to LE if requested or if a local railroader were to be interested in this case because then they could bring up the boards, which shows the train schedules. I can get on the boards but only for our local area!

FWIW many people say "my cousin" when it is a step relative, or a longtime family friend. I think in Misty's world, this cousin could be anyone, but LE knows who it is, I just wish they'd tell us!
Good morning everyone...

I wonder if there was a pile of sorts of the cylinder blocks near the home. Also I wonder if 2 of them were removed, one to block the door and one to use as a weight? I think you would be able to tell as long as they lived there that more than one was removed, or at least LE could between the markings on the one by the door and the pile.
I hate to think it, but since they took the boat into evidence, that means if it was used, it came back to where is was originally. If someone transported her (a perp and not family), they certainly would not have be courteous enough to bring the boat back. Is Misty afraid of the dark? Is she afraid of water? Has she ever been given the control of rowing or running a motor in the boat?

Well, Grandmother says Haleigh is afraid of the water since nearly drowning in an incident when she was 2 where she was found floating face down in a canal and Bio Mom had to resusitate her. So, from what Grandma says, she wouldn't go near the water by herself. This case is just as strange and frustrating as poor Caylee's....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybLiwshayRo

My problem is this:
Misty claims to of woke up at 3 she distinctively remembers 3.....then her story....
ok if she seen Haleigh was gone / door open etc etc Normal people would of ran to the phone called 911 OR ran outside to start searching for her / calling her name LOOKING for her/ had I thought someone snatched my kid I'd not be outside the door without the other baby in my arms / to leave him in the trailer alone to fend for self in case the kid stealer came back again.
Dad comes home has to tell her to call 911! He is cursing like a mad man can be heard on 911 tape / why wasn't he outside looking or yelling her name? Taking the car up & down the driveway... using the headlights to the car??? If it was my baby asleep I'd not leave him he'd be in my arms.
So what exactly did Misty fo for 1/2 hr??? That 30 minutes would of been 80 hours long unknowing about a child... During this where in the name of goodness was Jr? Not a word about him....he slept thru all that screaming???

she didn't remember exactly what time she got up. she said, "all i saw was 3." many have interpretted this to mean 3:00, but i'm pretty sure she meant "3-something." she also said in an interview that she got up 5 minutes before ron got home.

Does anyone think it a little odd that the bio mom's mom (grandmother) stated on Geraldo last night she had a strong feeling that she thinks Haleigh is in Georgia or Alabama...and she repeated this over and over. What would give a person a feeling such as this without knowing something. Is she psychic?
Is she the gma that talks in tongue? religion? when they were prayering?
maybe she is, or intuition or inside clue???

Hi again SWAG, Isn't that ODD for them to suspend all searches without giving a reason?
Yes. It is odd, imo. Either they have information she is not in the area or they have exhausted the search areas. With the woods around there, I don't see how there wouldn't be more places to scour. This bothers me.

I disagree, the words he used during that 911 call shows he is very quick to anger, and not just because of his child. He was still threatening to kill the guy when the cops showed up. I know his emotions were running high, but most guys don't throw F-bombs out every few words or threaten to kill someone, over and over. I have two sons who would shoot someone in a heartbeat if they did serious harm intentionally to their kids... but not unless they KNEW who it was, and they wouldn't be screaming and yelling at the dispatcher or the cops, they would try to be rational enough to work with them, not screaming the f-word in every sentence. Getting angry is one thing, blaming everyone around you is another. He yelled at Misty, at the dispatcher, at the cops. That goes beyond just being an emotionally distraught father. My personal belief is that Misty is scared to death of him, and she may have good reason. I believe that when the truth comes out, we are going to find out that he was abusive to Crystal as well.

I have 2 older sons as well and would behave as yours...I do think mine would also be asking for guidance what do I do now? Help me! Are you sure the cops are on their way? What do I need to be doing? I firmly believe with all my being my boys/men would not be cussing the people out that they just summoned for help to find their missing child.

The local news here (WESH) keeps announcing that the authorities are seeking Chad Reynolds for questioning related to the Haleigh disappearance.

I googled it and found a story about it.

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2895

February 1 ,2009 was the last time anyone admits to seeing Chad Reynolds. He was last seen leaving a tavern after the SuperBowl in Ochlawaha, Florida. He was using friend Amy Bakers borrowed vehicle. He was reported missing on February 4th. He was sentenced to seven years in prison for armed burglary and lewd and lascivious molestation of a child younger than 12. Released last November 2008, Reynolds is required to report to his mother’s house everyday.

Ochlawaha is about 2 hours from where little Haleigh Cummings disappeared. Reynolds called his friend later and said the car had broken down near Marion/Lake County. While the car was found, Chad Reynolds was not.

another article:
http://www.ocala.com/article/20090214/ARTICLES/902141003/0/NEWS

My problem is this:
Misty claims to of woke up at 3 she distinctively remembers 3.....then her story....
ok if she seen Haleigh was gone / door open etc etc Normal people would of ran to the phone called 911 OR ran outside to start searching for her / calling her name LOOKING for her/ had I thought someone snatched my kid I'd not be outside the door without the other baby in my arms / to leave him in the trailer alone to fend for self in case the kid stealer came back again.
Dad comes home has to tell her to call 911! He is cursing like a mad man can be heard on 911 tape / why wasn't he outside looking or yelling her name? Taking the car up & down the driveway... using the headlights to the car??? If it was my baby asleep I'd not leave him he'd be in my arms.
So what exactly did Misty fo for 1/2 hr??? That 30 minutes would of been 80 hours long unknowing about a child... During this where in the name of goodness was Jr? Not a word about him....he slept thru all that screaming???
'
Why did dad have to tell Misty to call 911 in the first place 27 minutes later????That is a stinker for me

Is there a skirt around that trailer house? If there is ... has LE removed it and looked under the trailer?

Yes, I saw a pix of the trailer with skirting......not sure if it is around all of it or porch.........but smell and dogs would track quicklt, I would think by now.......

I've had the Today Show on all morning and the local news briefs keep mentioning that they want to talk to him about Haleigh.

They did mention that he was a RSO in Marion County but that he has known ties to Putnam County. They are specifically stating that he is not a suspect but that they want to talk with him.

Thanks, I been to the website. nothing yet.
I really that Chad might run into someone that might harm him.
But who knows. I wish we know more about his ties to putnam county.

I have 2 older sons as well and would behave as yours...I do think mine would also be asking for guidance what do I do now? Help me! Are you sure the cops are on their way? What do I need to be doing? I firmly believe with all my being my boys/men would not be cussing the people out that they just summoned for help to find their missing child.

I'm not proud to admit but my son (a former Marine) would have been acting the exact same way as Ron (even tho he totally wasn't brought up that way).

Yes, but why? They have to know police are going in and out, FBI will be in and out. Why do they have to "Camp" out at the scene? I mean if ,my house was the scene of a crime I wouldn't pitch a tent in the front yard to keep an eye on LE...kinda makes one look guilty of somethin'...jmo.
Maybe Ron's staying in the tent in case Hayleigh comes home. I've often thought that I wouldn't be able to move from my home (ever!) if one of my children would be abducted...if I moved, how would they find their way back to me?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29213448/

"Ryan dismissed reports that a missing or absconded sexual predator from nearby Marion County was connected to Haleigh's disappearance. While a warrant is out for the arrest of Chad Reynolds, Ryan said deputies checked out reports that the offender had connections or family ties in Putnam County and found them unfounded."

OT: Fire Guts Trailer Where Jessica Lunsford Died
Monday, February 16, 2009

HOMOSASSA, Fla. -- A suspicious fire has burned down a Florida mobile home where 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford was raped and murdered four years ago this month.

~snip~

A fire Sunday gutted the vacant trailer where John Evander Couey used to live about 75 miles north of Tampa.

County officials called the fire suspicious and state fire marshals are investigating.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18723242/detail.html

O.K. I want to say that maybe Misty didnt wait 27 minutes to call 911, I dont know what time she woke up, but she DID wait. Ron had to tell her to call.

Me, I see it a little bit differently. I'm not feeling either one of them as involved in Haleigh's disappearance. It seems like a "stranger" abduction to me, although it appears like this 'stranger' might have been an acquaintance, or someone familiar with the surroundings and habits. My prayer is that little Haleigh is still alive and can be recoved.

However, it doesn't seem like Ron is Misti's victim as much as the other way around. IMO, this situation presents a 25 year old man abusing a barely 17 year old child. In my state, this relationship would put Ron himself on the SO list, and justifiably so. Men from the FLDS have been derided and rightfully arrested in TX for taking child brides. This FL Ron didn't even have the decency to marry his live in, let alone allow her to grow up first. What decent father raising two kids under 6 would shack up with a 16 year old GIRL, apparently using her for childcare, housekeeping and sex. This young woman should have been going to high school and becoming her own person, not in some 20-something's bed, under his thumb, raising his kids. God help them all--little Haleigh, Jr. and anybody else on the way.

I am seeing all kinds of things....and I agree I do hope and pray this is some kind of perverted scheme and Haleigh is alive and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025