FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It is odd, imo. Either they have information she is not in the area or they have exhausted the search areas. With the woods around there, I don't see how there wouldn't be more places to scour. This bothers me.

It does me also SS....
Way to many woods in area to suspend the search.

ot: fire guts trailer where jessica lunsford died
monday, february 16, 2009

homosassa, fla. -- a suspicious fire has burned down a florida mobile home where 9-year-old jessica lunsford was raped and murdered four years ago this month.

~snip~

a fire sunday gutted the vacant trailer where john evander couey used to live about 75 miles north of tampa.

County officials called the fire suspicious and state fire marshals are investigating.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18723242/detail.html
good!

I googled it and found a story about it.

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2895

February 1 ,2009 was the last time anyone admits to seeing Chad Reynolds. He was last seen leaving a tavern after the SuperBowl in Ochlawaha, Florida. He was using friend Amy Bakers borrowed vehicle. He was reported missing on February 4th. He was sentenced to seven years in prison for armed burglary and lewd and lascivious molestation of a child younger than 12. Released last November 2008, Reynolds is required to report to his mother’s house everyday.

Ochlawaha is about 2 hours from where little Haleigh Cummings disappeared. Reynolds called his friend later and said the car had broken down near Marion/Lake County. While the car was found, Chad Reynolds was not.

Good sleuthing. Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

Do you have a link to your local news station? TIA
wesh 2 is orlando and in my opinion all the orlando news stations websites and/or on air coverage have really dropped the ball on this one. none of them are placing hardly any resources on this case. perhaps it is CMA fatigue. stick with ocala/jacksonville/palatka news sources, they seem to be giving the resources to the case coverage, IMO.

O.K. I want to say that maybe Misty didnt wait 27 minutes to call 911, I dont know what time she woke up, but she DID wait. Ron had to tell her to call.

In reading the 911 call, I noticed that the dispatcher was asking Ron to let him/her speak to Misty and Misty was saying "I don't wanna" before taking the phone.

wesh 2 is orlando and in my opinion all the orlando news stations websites and/or on air coverage have really dropped the ball on this one. none of them are placing hardly any resources on this case. perhaps it is CMA fatigue. stick with ocala/jacksonville/palatka news sources, they seem to be giving the resources to the case coverage, IMO.

Thank you!!!

But we are not sure that Misty woke up at exactly 3. Like another poster pointed out, she says she just remembers seeing a 3, not exactly sure of the exact time. It coud've been 3 or 3:15 or even 3:20. We just don't know.

If you're half asleep getting up to go the bathroom and then all of a sudden you have this panic situation thrust upon you, paying attention to the clock may not be your first priority. MOO.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29213448/

ground search scaled back, but not the investigation. Posted 32 minutes ago,

if someone posted it, sorry. It just happened to be on the google list when I googled Chad R.

Quote from article about Chad R.
"Ryan dismissed reports that a missing or absconded sexual predator from nearby Marion County was connected to Haleigh's disappearance. While a warrant is out for the arrest of Chad Reynolds, Ryan said deputies checked out reports that the offender had connections or family ties in Putnam County and found them unfounded."

O.K. I want to say that maybe Misty didnt wait 27 minutes to call 911, I dont know what time she woke up, but she DID wait. Ron had to tell her to call.

I find the fact that Ron did not call 911 himself very odd. It wasn't like he was outside searching the property and the nearby woods. He was the father of the child and it was his responsibility to make that very important phone call. Instead, he told Misty to do it, who did not have pertinent information on Haleigh, while he stayed in the background yelling, screaming and threatening. Very very hinky to me.

Who's Chad Reynolds?
Chad Eugene Reynolds, 25, was last seen Feb. 1 leaving his mother’s home in Ochlawaha, Fla. — about two hours from Haleigh’s home — police said. He was reported missing on Feb. 4.

Reynolds reportedly borrowed a car from a friend and then later called to say the vehicle had broken down near the Marion/Lake County Lines, according to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office. The car was located in an undisclosed location south of Marion County, but Reynolds was nowhere to be found.

But we are not sure that Misty woke up at exactly 3. Like another poster pointed out, she says she just remembers seeing a 3, not exactly sure of the exact time. It coud've been 3 or 3:15 or even 3:20. We just don't know.

If you're half asleep getting up to go the bathroom and then all of a sudden you have this panic situation thrust upon you, paying attention to the clock may not be your first priority. MOO.
Would you go outside and yell for the child?
Grab the other child and run outside?
Run to the nearest neighbor?
She didnt do any of this, although I'm sure everyone reacts differently, she didnt do anythng much that I can tell.

Ryan said though the ground search may be ending, the investigation is still in high gear. He said they are working with Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI on the case.

"We have gotten more than 500 leads so far," Ryan said, adding that many of the leads are angry ex-wives trying to get their former husbands in trouble.

He said there have been no sightings of Haleigh.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090216/ARTICLES/902161002/1002?Title=Ground_search_to_wrap_up (Bolded by me) Now I would say those are some vindictive women!

I disagree, the words he used during that 911 call shows he is very quick to anger, and not just because of his child. He was still threatening to kill the guy when the cops showed up. I know his emotions were running high, but most guys don't throw F-bombs out every few words or threaten to kill someone, over and over. I have two sons who would shoot someone in a heartbeat if they did serious harm intentionally to their kids... but not unless they KNEW who it was, and they wouldn't be screaming and yelling at the dispatcher or the cops, they would try to be rational enough to work with them, not screaming the f-word in every sentence. Getting angry is one thing, blaming everyone around you is another. He yelled at Misty, at the dispatcher, at the cops. That goes beyond just being an emotionally distraught father. My personal belief is that Misty is scared to death of him, and she may have good reason. I believe that when the truth comes out, we are going to find out that he was abusive to Crystal as well.

You have no way of knowing how you would react and I think its disgusting that people are making opinions of someone because of how they reacted to THEIR CHILD MISSING.

She's a lot smarter than she lets on...as soon as someone finds the right button to push, we'll see the real Misty. MOO.

I don't know, she is street smart, and I'm sure she is no innocent. But, I don't know if she has what it takes to pull this off. I think this might be out of her league.

I find the fact that Ron did not call 911 himself very odd. It wasn't like he was outside searching the property and the nearby woods. He was the father of the child and it was his responsibility to make that very important phone call. Instead, he told Misty to do it, who did not have pertinent information on Haleigh, while he stayed in the background yelling, screaming and threatening. Very very hinky to me.
I agree, he told Misty to call. Weird, He has a phone, he is the Dad, he is probably more mature than Misty, although I have my doubts. Why not call, he knows all of the vital info...

Regarding the search being scaled back/called off. In my mind, if LE really thought any of the family, etc. had anything to do with it, wouldn't they keep searching around the house/trailer park area?

Also, if what Misty said was true about her cousin visiting and stealing the gun... I would assume that happened when Ron wasn't home because I can't see it happening with him home (but could be wrong)! So I'm still thinking it's possible she, for whatever reason, might have let one of the other sex offenders in the area in her trailer when he wasn't home and allowed him to get the "lay of the land".

My hubby is a conductor for UP and it would be kind of hard to figure out the train schedule, as there is no set schedule that trains go through, except for what they call the local, which is a few engines that go and pull dropped cars back to the yard.

I hope that helps a little with what you were thinking. It might be possible to find out exactly how many trains went through there during a day, but probably would only be accessible to LE if requested or if a local railroader were to be interested in this case because then they could bring up the boards, which shows the train schedules. I can get on the boards but only for our local area!

Thank you, ksgirl. I have a lot of confidence in tracking dogs. Since the dogs stopped at the RR crossing, I am wondering if any of the following are probable:

1. The trains slow enuff at that crossing so that Hayleigh and the perp were able to get into a freight car and ride it out of the area.

2. Hate to type this, but, the trains slow enuff so that the perp was able to dump Hayleigh's body into a car and send it out of the area. With the economy being so down, I wonder how just much train freight traffic has been reduced. How many cars make a delivery and then don't have a return load, so are hauled "empty" to a yard and left there.

3. Based on your info above, the perp placed the body in one of the "dropped cars" you mentioned and it is sitting in the train yard.

I wonder if Hayleigh's grandmother has the same suspicion about #1 and #2 and that is why she keeps saying Hayleigh could be in AL or GA. Trains would have to pass through one of those states going North.

I wonder if LE has tried to match up train buffs, SOs, Hayleigh's contacts and Hayleigh's disappearance...

she didn't remember exactly what time she got up. she said, "all i saw was 3." many have interpretted this to mean 3:00, but i'm pretty sure she meant "3-something." she also said in an interview that she got up 5 minutes before ron got home.

Just saying wouldn't you of been up & down the driveway with your car lights calling for the 5 yr old?

Seems to me they gave up the fact she was coming back real early in this case. Like instantly.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member