DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the time line of 3am .........
I don't think so......
I feel Misty was not in the trailer after kids slept,
she came home and no Haleigh and things were bad like door open.
She panicked and made up a story so Ron would not be mad at her and kick her out!
That is why she was calm by the time he came home.
She thought her story was a good one.............IMo

without knowing misty and ron beforehand (which i don't think any of us had) it's impossible to know if their actions and reactions to this are "normal." just because they didn't do what we "think" we would do or didn't do what would be "normal" doesn't mean that their actions weren't "normal" for them.

You have no way of knowing how you would react and I think its disgusting that people are making opinions of someone because of how they reacted to THEIR CHILD MISSING.
ITA. BUT----I feel like it took a few minutes for the police to arrive---why not scream for her? Wake the neighborhood, or have Misty go and at least ask the closest neighbor. No one knows how anyone would react, but seemingly some just plain common sense things werent done, and it worries some of us. If I am wrong, I will write a letter of apology to both.

I'm not proud to admit but my son (a former Marine) would have been acting the exact same way as Ron (even tho he totally wasn't brought up that way).

My son is like that too. No former marine.....I threaten to wash his mouth out regularly with soap. Drives me crazy!!!!!! :furious:

Would you go outside and yell for the child?
Grab the other child and run outside?
Run to the nearest neighbor?
She didnt do any of this, although I'm sure everyone reacts differently, she didnt do anythng much that I can tell.

i would be hysterical. I would be terrified that the child was missing, terrified someone was in the house, terrified to leave the other child alone in a room with the back door wide open. Definitely would call 911 asap because of the missing child and also to protect the remaining child.

Misty continues to refer to Haleigh as "That girl", "Your daughter", "That little girl", and so on.... bugs me - seems she is distancing herself emotionally. Especially since she said the kids thought of her as their mother. odd. Yet there was no initial instinct to protect the boy and get him out of the house or call 911 immediately.

i would be hysterical. I would be terrified that the child was missing, terrified someone was in the house, terrified to leave the other child alone in a room with the back door wide open. Definitely would call 911 asap because of the missing child and also to protect the remaining child.

Misty continues to refer to Haleigh as "That girl", "Your daughter", "That little girl", and so on.... bugs me - seems she is distancing herself emotionally. Especially since she said the kids thought of her as their mother. odd. Yet there was no initial instinct to protect the boy and get him out of the house or call 911 immediately.
Yes, and if you ook at her interview on the news at her parents home, she said "I didn't do anything with----to--that little girl"

She didnt do any of this, although I'm sure everyone reacts differently, she didnt do anythng much that I can tell.

Yes esp if bro lived near........safe house and starrt the search!
Her story DOES NOT ADD UP...........sorry IMO

All we are hearing is the 911 call. I think there was only a matter of minutes between the time that Ron arrived home and the 911 call was placed.

Someone might know if it was more than 2 or 3 minutes?

So, in my own opinion he did exactly what most parents of a missing child would do at 3 am when met by a significant other after returning home from a shift at work. Immediately demand that 911 be called.

I don't remember hearing that the cops had arrived during that 911 call. He could have moved outside for all we know. I'm just trying to look at this another way is all.

But we are not sure that Misty woke up at exactly 3. Like another poster pointed out, she says she just remembers seeing a 3, not exactly sure of the exact time. It coud've been 3 or 3:15 or even 3:20. We just don't know.

If you're half asleep getting up to go the bathroom and then all of a sudden you have this panic situation thrust upon you, paying attention to the clock may not be your first priority. MOO.

Especially if she's only 17, abused in the past and currently under the thumb of some 25 year old man who threatens to kill people while talking to 9-1-1. Ron seems to pick them young and controllable. I can see Misti needing to check-in so he could tell her what to do.

My son is like that too. No former marine.....I threaten to wash his mouth out regularly with soap. Drives me crazy!!!!!! :furious:

LOL! My son was like that before the Marines... Even tho he had an IQ of 140 he had a mild nonverbal learning disability (they said it was like a racehorse pulling a plow)... Any time he was stressed and trying to verbalize out came the swear words... :(

Edited to Add: They told me that was very common.

Yes, and if you ook at her interview on the news at her parents home, she said "I didn't do anything with----to--that little girl"

yes i've watched it over and over and it you freeze right when she says that, she has this look of complete contempt on her face for just a split second where her top lip is pulled back and she has a contemptuous look - which i noticed because her face is really non emotional for the most part even when her voice is sounding sad and whiny. Not sure if the look of contempt is at the thought someone could think she hurt the child or at the thought of the child herself. hmmmmmm

Yes, it's good that the trailer is gone, but fire only cleanses the structure, the ground is still contaminated. I know that sounds odd, but I believe anything put on that piece of ground won't be a good place to live.

I'm probably ot, but. . .life is stranger than many know...

My opinion only

I was just thinking of what I would do if I was in this situation and I must admit that I would most likely think to call my mother first after finding that my child was not in the house. I honestly think that would be my first reaction.

Yes esp if bro lived near........safe house and starrt the search!
Her story DOES NOT ADD UP...........sorry IMO
Yes. I think that is what I would have done. Run to my brother's house and gotten him out looking with me while his wife watched Rj. I would not have wanted to stay in the trailer alone AT ALL after someone broke in!

Thank you, ksgirl. I have a lot of confidence in tracking dogs. Since the dogs stopped at the RR crossing, I am wondering if any of the following are probable:

1. The trains slow enuff at that crossing so that Hayleigh and the perp were able to get into a freight car and ride it out of the area.

2. Hate to type this, but, the trains slow enuff so that the perp was able to dump Hayleigh's body into a car and send it out of the area. With the economy being so down, I wonder how just much train freight traffic has been reduced. How many cars make a delivery and then don't have a return load, so are hauled "empty" to a yard and left there.

3. Based on your info above, the perp placed the body in one of the "dropped cars" you mentioned and it is sitting in the train yard.

I wonder if Hayleigh's grandmother has the same suspicion about #1 and #2 and that is why she keeps saying Hayleigh could be in AL or GA. Trains would have to pass through one of those states going North.

I wonder if LE has tried to match up train buffs, SOs, Hayleigh's contacts and Hayleigh's disappearance...

Just reading through that made me cringe. It is a possibility and one that is not easy to think about!

Does anyone know if it is Union Pacific that runs through there? If it is UP I will do some checking around and see if I cannot figure out what the boards are there and look at the train schedule, as far back as I can, I'm not sure how far back it will let me look as I have never tried to look at previous trains, just the upcomings to see when my hubby would be going out or coming home.

To add a little about the dropped cars...not all of them are empties. Some may have been set out because something was wrong with the car, or that car was put on the wrong train, etc. There would also be emties. It is not too likely that the empties from a week ago would still be sitting in the yard because they normally have a destination, and are put on a different train heading to that destination. Most yards will have a few tracks with empty cars sitting on them, but they usually do not stay there very long. At least that is how it is here in SE/KS. And I would assume most other places, but again, that is just what I know for around here.

Misty must have looked at the clock at some point. Surely she looked after noticing Hayleigh being gone at least to see if it was time for Ron to be home. It was said that she was trying to call him, but I guess she didn't. Ron said that he checked the trailer everywhere just to be sure. I think it's odd that Misty left the back door open, didn't already have the front door open, and didn't notice the exact time. Even five minutes is a really long time in an emergency situation.

JWG: I think KJ's home is at the turn of Monroe:

212monroe.jpg

Thanks Eliza...not the first time Google Maps was wrong. :rolleyes:

You have no way of knowing how you would react and I think its disgusting that people are making opinions of someone because of how they reacted to THEIR CHILD MISSING.

It is ugly at first glance but that is how investigations are conducted. That is how even the police and the FBI come up with conclusions. Ideas based on what thousands and thousands of cases of what other people have done. What is the normal reaction for most people and go from there.
Would you wait for 31 days to report your child missing?
Would you lie to LE?
Would you leave your other children unattended?
Would you go out and party for days on end while your child is missing?

Yes. I think that is what I would have done. Run to my brother's house and gotten him out looking with me while his wife watched Rj. I would not have wanted to stay in the trailer alone AT ALL after someone broke in!

or even just call the brother and say "Get over here - someone broke in!!! come over here til the police arrive!!!" of course this is assuming that Ron didn't pull in Just as she noticed the door and stuff... .then she didn't have any time to react before having to deal with him.

I wouldn't of had a voice by the time Dad came home. I'd of lost my voice yelling for the child / hyperventilated from the stress of not finding her. Had the other child in my arms afraid to ever let it go for fear someone would come back to hurt it. I'd of lost my mind in 5 minutes...

I have a 7 yr old Granddaughter that sleep walks scares the heck out of me. I am a sound sleeper / hubby is up all hrs of the night so it doesn't bother me at all having a light turned on in my room or house. I know if I awoke & she was gone in 5 minutes I would of covered alot of territory before I called LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773