FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a lot smarter than she lets on...as soon as someone finds the right button to push, we'll see the real Misty. MOO.

Even though I believe, from her affect and the way she answers questions, that she has either brain damage or a learning disability (or simply is on drugs still), I agree. There's something very "stupid like a fox" or just plain manipulative about her. I wish we knew more about her life, what kind of person she is. I really feel badly about judging her but I just can't shake the feeling that there's a lot going on with this girls personality.

So, we all seem to agree Misty is cunning, but not smart. She is lying about something. We know the house is for some unknown reason still being held as crime scene. We know what about the house and Misty's statements that don't work out???
Blankets??? what's the deal with them.
Boat taken, after dogs follow scent to water. No word on that since.???
Misty apparently told LE her SO cousin who "messed with her when she was little" visited and supposedly stole a gun. No word on that at all by LE. ????
Thoughts or ideas?

When did Misty tell LE that?? :eek::eek::eek: do u have the link?

Originally Posted by DesSands
*GF says "Somebody stole your child."
---------
Just putting some ideas out there because I am so upset and sad that no one has found her yet:

Misty may have been resentful and jealous of the positive attention Ron gave to Haleigh, while she herself was abused, denigrated and felt forced to take care of these children because Ron didn't. When she did have family/friends over, she could have talked about how sometimes she just didn't care anymore, besides they weren't her kids, and maybe often had to take a sleep aid because she was so stressed out--(making her less than responsive.) I posted in the beginning that friends/family of gf must be responsible.
---------

Wonder if the trailer park had any social events, such as barbeques where the perp. got the information on this couple's and the chldren's "situation" and checked out the locks, etc.

Last night on Geraldo his brother was on scene and mentioned it. No mention of when she told LE. Some discussion of them showing her pics to identify known SO's who may have been her cousin, but she didn't recognize any as him.

I'm just catching up after a weekend of not reading. Did LE ever release what evidence was found in the woods?

Hi fellow Nebraskan! They never did say what the items were, but they did say the next day that forensics had determined the items were unrelated to the investigation.

per google maps ~ 124 miles ( 3+ hours driving time )
Homosassa ---> Satsuma

eta - I for one am happy the place is gone if in fact it burned down. I seriously doubt the cases are related though.

Thx for mapping that for me. When I read about the fire I just had bad thought pop in my head. I agree with you. Glad its gone, and probably not related.

If you mean the stuff about the cousin "messing" with her and the gun... It was on Geraldo last nite. Craig Rivera did an off camera interview with Misty and that was what she told him. Criag thought she had "apparently" told LE about it since she did tell him LE showed her pictures but it wasn't the cousin. The the whole what/when/if she told LE was a little hard to figure out.

Last night on Geraldo his brother was on scene and mentioned it. No mention of when she told LE. Some discussion of them showing her pics to identify known SO's who may have been her cousin, but she didn't recognize any as him.

OMG.. and she can't recognize a pic of her cousin that LE shows her? Something about her sets my hinky meter off so much!!!

The the whole what/when/if she told LE was a little hard to figure out.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the only consistancy we have seen from her!

Even though I believe, from her affect and the way she answers questions, that she has either brain damage or a learning disability (or simply is on drugs still), I agree. There's something very "stupid like a fox" or just plain manipulative about her. I wish we knew more about her life, what kind of person she is. I really feel badly about judging her but I just can't shake the feeling that there's a lot going on with this girls personality.

It creeped me out when during an interview she talked about - "I was so good to those kids...."

Doesn't she know her cousin's name? If it was Ron's gun he stole it had to be since Ron and Misty knew each other, that's not that long ago. I can't believe she can't recognize her SO cousin from pictures or help LE find him, that's shady!

So, we all seem to agree Misty is cunning, but not smart. She is lying about something. We know the house is for some unknown reason still being held as crime scene. We know what about the house and Misty's statements that don't work out???
Blankets??? what's the deal with them.
Boat taken, after dogs follow scent to water. No word on that since.???
Misty apparently told LE her SO cousin who "messed with her when she was little" visited and supposedly stole a gun. No word on that at all by LE. ????
Thoughts or ideas?

Can you or anyone tell me the name of her SO cousin referred to here? TIA

Cowan TN is only an 1hr and 38mins from Nashville which is where this Sex Offendor James Dean Crosslin is from.

Link Again: http://www.ticic.state.tn.us/sorinternet/SOFind.aspx?strhold=n=Crosslin

Mentioning "Cowan, TN" made my blood run cold. This is where half of my TN family is from. Someone please fill me in on how this guy fits into the case (even speculation). Thanks.

BTW, Cowan is a very very small Tennessee town. Everyone knows your business. And strangely enough when I mentioned last week that this family reminded me of my TN relatives, well, it wasn't THIS side of the family (the Cowan side) to which I was referring. It's nice there--not rednecky.

OMG.. and she can't recognize a pic of her cousin that LE shows her? Something about her sets my hinky meter off so much!!!

No that's not it. The cousin was in/from TN and they showed her a picture of an SRO from TN with that same name but it wasn't her cousin, it wasn't that she didn't recognize it!

The the whole what/when/if she told LE was a little hard to figure out.

Pretty much the only consistancy we have seen from her![/QUOTE]

Yeah well and throw that in with the Riv-e-eras and you have a fluster cluck for sure......:crazy:

Can you or anyone tell me the name of her SO cousin referred to here? TIA

Nope, it was not mentioned. Another million dollar question! Makes no sense at all, does it, to not be able to give his name. But maybe she did and we just aren't privy to that info.

The whole cousin thing is ridiculous. Not that it didn't happen, but that Misty brought it up now and to Geraldo's brother? Seems like the cousin is in jail anyway...maybe Misty is feeling the pressure and just thought she'd throw the cousin out there. Did she not know he was in jail? Did he maybe get out and then put back for a parole violation and Misty didn't know that? It seems to me if the SO cousin had really been at the house and had really stolen a gun of Ron's we would have heard about that on day one.

Hi fellow Nebraskan! They never did say what the items were, but they did say the next day that forensics had determined the items were unrelated to the investigation.

Hi PeaHen, items were deemed unrelated per LE

Thank you both.
I'm reading that they suspended the searches. Is that true? If so, could be a positive thing....if they think she is in the area they would continue the searches, so not to lose forensic evidence. Maybe they think an abducter took her out of the area? I doubt it though....from what I'm reading, sounds like they are waiting for someone to "say too much".

When I re-listened to that last night....Craig did say "same last name", but even that was not clear if he meant C. and "first cousin"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaV