FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this! I just knew that mention of Turner's in that article wouldn't have gotten past the posters here. I just didn't find the place where it had been discussed. Info on Turner's that I have read seems to emphasize that those with it have cardiovascular problems. To me, that sounds major serious. Turner's sufferers have cognitive problems and some have learning disabilities and developmental delays. If Haleigh has these problems, then it seems to me that she might be subject to accidents which ordinarily might only happen to a younger child.
Seems to me that anyone watching Haleigh through the night would need to have quick access to medical help. Misty was really, really left unequipped to deal with the many things that could go wrong.
IMO, this little girl's condition changes the equation in my mind. Now I think there are far more possibilities about what might have gone wrong.

I agree with you on that point and will add I am not so sure the BioMom and Dad and Girlfriend are aware of how serious a disease Turners Syndrome can and could be. This disease/syndrome could account for some of the reasons Haleigh missed so much school if her absences were related to illness and not just not getting there.

Who is "they" has that been confirmed that she meant "LE" and not one of the vans LE was searching; or someone else?
Did she refer to "they" taking the blanket earlier in the day, right?
This is where I'm confused. I thought Misty was talking about her blanket being in a van therefore she had to take one down from a window in the m/h to cover Haleigh since Haleigh's dirty blanket was in the laundry. :waitasec: All this being before Haleigh was discovered missing. MOO

This is the portion of the interview about the blanket and the van

I didn’t hear anything at all. Nothing. If I had heard something I would have got up and not wouldn’t let them take her.
So What happened?
Ok , I put her to bed about 8:00. So ? [this her bed time because] she has school. I put her to bed and Her blanket and my blanket, my blanket was in the van that they took. So we had a blanket hanging on the window and I had to wash that and her blanket, her blanket was, she peed on her blanket the night before I guess, and I wasn’t going to put it on her and it smelled like pee so I washed the blanket and I gave her a little sheet to cover up with and she fell asleep and I came in and put her blanket on her and then I laid down and it was about and not positive at what time I was like 3:00, I seen three, 3:00 o’clock in the morning, I got up and I got up because I had to use the bathroom but I didn’t make it to the bathroom, I seen the kitchen light on and I walked in the kitchen and I saw the back door was wide open and I didn’t notice about Haleigh then till I seen the back door open and then I go in her room and she’s gone and that’s all I know.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediac...oId=12940@wfts.dayport.com&navCatId=3&rss=823

Not the way I read what she says 'was in the van' To me the van was prior to Haleigh missing

It was not LE that took it for sure. She was talking about needing blankets and washing blankets and says hers was not there.......there is no way she was referring to LE taking it.

Okay, I've corresponded with a local who has told me school lets out at 3:15. They said they know that Haleigh attended school that day, but they don't know for sure that she rode the bus. They said normally, she did. She normally got about around 4PM, give or take 15 minutes.

I thought that dad picked her up. Or did he pick her up at the bus stop and bring her home?

Posted by Cheko1

"This has never sat well with me either....Haleigh has a Mom & its not Misty. This has been my complaint since the beginning of this case. I am a step mom to 3 sons / plus I have 4 kids of my own. I have never once claimed to be there Mom.... Misty is nothing to them. Why portray herself to be??????"

Bolded by me: I think Misty is a little bit more than nothing to them. She took care of the kids. :confused:
..... maybe she was trying to hide the true relationship she has with Haleigh's father by trying to show that she has a legitimate claim to Haleigh when she called 911. Also, maybe she felt that being so young that the dispatcher would not take her seriously if she said that she was just the live in girlfriend. There were several members of Haleigh's family that were not happy with the relationship....of course we can't know what was in her mind, this is just my opinion.

I think she made a MAJOR slip when she said "IT was in the van they took".

IMO the cynder block/brick is something that Misty could have not come up with on her own in this crazy scenario. Also the father said he didn't recognize the brick. Who brought it if Misty had help and why would they have needed it then?

imo...

Misty was out to lunch.

She either was not home when Haleigh was taken...

or... she was high as a kite when she went to bed and can't remember where she fell asleep.

or... she knows who did it and is covering up for them.

And I think she is mostly scared that Ron doesn't kill her with his gun. She is no stranger to domestic violence.

I would look at the brother first.

Oh, and I would stay away from the pastor of the baptist church. He's Kyle Johns' father.

Good to know Catch, that confirms for me when Misty said "they took my blanket" she meant the police van.

i don't think so because i thought misty said she didn't have her blanket the night haleigh went missing or before the police were ever involved.

if your 'cousin' molested you, would you let him in your house?
Wouldn't you be really afraid of him?
does NOT make any sense to me at all.............
I know, right? And even if by some stretch Misty would allow him in, I seriously doubt that Ron would (if he knew) with his babies in the house.

I am trying to catch up here, but that too struck me as odd. I would be very afraid of him and would be calling someone to help me if he was there. No way he would be coming in for a visit....

In families where sexual abuse has gone on for generations (not saying it has in Misti's as I don't know) it is not uncommon for victims to be around their abusers for years, and then to bring their kids around too. It is part of the cycle, and what is considered normal in that family dynamic. Don't say anything, don't rock the boat, he didn't mean it, he was drunk, it was your fault, it will kill grandma. The list goes on.

It really takes someone breaking that cycle and saying no these people will not have access to my children. It is difficult to do because you frequently lose the rest of the family too, not just the abuser. It makes sense since they were the same family members that didn't want to rock the boat to deal with the issue in the first place, they aren't going to take heat to see you.

It was not LE that took it for sure. She was talking about needing blankets and washing blankets and says hers was not there.......there is no way she was referring to LE taking it.

If she washed the one on the window for herself because hers was in the van that "they " took, then what did she put on Junior? He was in the bed with her right? If this was the case, I would think she would at least put them in the same bed and cover them both up, until the blankets were done washing.
Speaking of washing, now we have 2 blankets being washed! I sure would like to see how big they are and where the window is in comparison to where the mattress laid on the floor.

I agree with the locations but I think the perp was looking for somewhere to rape the child not dispose of her body. Then he took her from the location all together.
ITA! Otherwise, what would be the sense in taking a baby girl? Particularly if it WAS a SO who took her. They don't get off on murder, after all.

Discuss NG Live:

to join java chat click below

http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/index.php

put nickname in

put websleuths in for the channel name

for Mirc Users:

open MIRC window

go to file

select server

go to Serenity IRC (hilight)

select random

then hit select on the right side

If you have chat saved to favorites delete them or they will go to old server

type in # websleuths for channel name then hit join

i don't think so because i thought misty said she didn't have her blanket the night haleigh went missing or before the police were ever involved.

I personally think she was just trying to go ahead and give a reason for the blanket being washed and this was the best time to insert that reason..

I just can't even began to sleuth anything she says because in the police report, she tells them she got up to go get a drink and found the backdoor open, here she says that she got up to go to the bathroom..
I just can't believe anything she says.

She sure makes it hard. That has been one of my problems along. The changing stories.

I may end up being wrong but I don't think Misty was in the home the entire night. I think she has had to fill in some time frames and this is why things keep changing. I also have to wonder if she let someone in, or had let someone into the home in the past that Ron does not know about. IMO she knows more than she is telling, maybe not because she did anything herself but becasue she of what she didn't do is why Haleigh is missing.

LOL Egads! I give up on the blanket. This case is so messed up already and LE's lack of cooperation with us is driving me crazy. I cannot wait until they toss a bone to at least gnaw on here!! Sheesh! WTH?

imo...

Misty was out to lunch.

She either was not home when Haleigh was taken...

or... she was high as a kite when she went to bed and can't remember where she fell asleep.

or... she knows who did it and is covering up for them.

And I think she is mostly scared that Ron doesn't kill her with his gun. She is no stranger to domestic violence.

I would look at the brother first.

Oh, and I would stay away from the pastor of the baptist church. He's Kyle Johns' father.
Yikes! You couldn't make this stuff up!

She sure makes it hard. That has been one of my problems along. The changing stories.

I may end up being wrong but I don't think Misty was in the home the entire night. I think she has had to fill in some time frames and this is why things keep changing. I also have to wonder if she let someone in, or had let someone into the home in the past that Ron does not know about. IMO she knows more than she is telling, maybe not because she did anything herself but becasue she of what she didn't do is why Haleigh is missing.

or she is covering for someone she cares about, she seems the type that would hang in there longer protecting a loved one than protecting herself, especially if her "crime" is she wasn't there. She would be adding to the problem by not helping LE find her if she was alive when she left. And LE has definitely made that clear during questioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker