FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked so happy in the pictures and while i know pics cant tell everything,she looks to be very well taken care of. I love the pic with her in the sunglasses looking like "Miss Priss". Poor baby,makes me sad. The pictures of JR.,the thing he made for her was heartbreaking.:frown:

I know, I look at those pics and I can't help but believe that this little girl was loved and taken care of. While I know many do not approve of the appearance of their life style, I believe that a childs happiness is indicative of the overall home life. Misty may have her faults, but I think she loved and was good to Ron's kids. IMO of course.

How lonely indeed little JR must be tonight :(

Thank you!
I was just looking to see if Jane VM's show was on. It was on, but all I saw were stories about other things, not Haleigh Cummings. That leaves Nancy Grace, later.
My impression of Misty is the same as that of a lot of posters here. It appears that she has been sort of on her own for a long time. I watched her on TV and listened to the 911 tape. She seems to be either very sleepy, or confused, or not too bright, and/or drugged (not necessarily with illegal drugs, maybe with prescribed drugs), or all of the above. Some 17-year-olds would be capable of babysitting a little 5-yr-old with Turner's syndrome, and the little brother, but IMO Misty is not such a person. IMO she looks like she can barely take care of herself.
I agree. I also think, based on video of Misty walking around with a cigarette in her hand, that she's just a young kid, "playing" at being a grown-up.

I hope she didn't lose her temper and hurt little Hayleigh, but it's extremely common in cases of domestic violence for the child to be injured by the non-biological "parent"-caregiver. Especially if the caregiver is a teen, they are just not always equipped to manage their temper/anger.

Maybe because it's sensational? I really don't know, but I recall thinking that a child's body could fit in a cooler that size when I saw the footage.

Hi Anita, I read here this morning that Haleigh weighed about 39 lbs. I wonder if that could really be true? So small for age 5 ;}

This is towards the bottom of the article, apologize if it has been posted already.

Channel 4's Laura Mazzeo and Diane Cho report a large number of federal agents and local police at the Cummings' mobile home late Monday afternoon, but no one would discuss what information prompted the response.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18725807/detail.html

Before this moves on any further, I want to welcome all the new posters! Things (as you can see) get heated in here and they move remarkably fast-so if you aren't greeted personally or your comments aren't responded to directly, YOU AREN'T BEING IGNORED! :)

We're glad you're here and please don't be shy.

Ok, back to this family tree thing...I am TOTALLY confused about Misty's siblings. I thought she has a brother who lives on Tyler. Am I even on the right missing person's case?:confused:

LOL! Yes you are.

Hank Thomas Croslin Jr AKA Tommy is Misty's brother. He is married to Lindsy, has 2 sons and a daughter and owns a minivan. He lives on Tyler, around the corner from the Cummings

Timothy Croslin is also Misty's brother. He is married to Chelsea, has 2 young daughters and I have no idea where they live but they have a cute green house (pictured in Chelsea's myspace) somewhere, probably in the general area.

Misty has stated that her brother and nephews came to the home the afternoon of the day that Haleigh went missing for about 30 minutes. It is ASSUMED - by me at least - to be Tommy and sons because a) he is the only brother with sons and b) he lives around the corner.

Man oh man I wish we had a forum...

Hi Anita, I read here this morning that Haleigh weighed about 39 lbs. I wonder if that could really be true? So small for age 5 ;}
Hi Scandi! My little 5 year old is 39 lbs, as well. She's a tiny little thing. I know for a fact that she can fit into our cooler as she about gave me a heart attack by climbing into it (to hide from her sister) as we were cleaning the garage recently.

I believe that growth problems are common w/ Turners, I think she was on growth hormones at one point.

Can you provide a direct link? I don't see a video you are talking about,

Sorry after I posted this I went back and looked at the top video and it says nothing. They just came on again and showed about 10 police car lights flashing and a raw count of about 15 LE. They are stopping every car and looking inside. They seem to be breaking in every few minutes with update

I'm sure this site will update video when the news goes off at 7PM EST.

Just did a full update. Stopping cars going into and out of neighborhood checking. This was last done the first day (Tuesday).

"Heavy Police Presence at Cummins home". Showed Detectives going door to door, not searching homes but making contact with residents.

If anything is said I will post.

Thank you so much! In my younger years I really wanted to be a P.I., Took the classes...TWICE! lol....but then the kids, and marriage, you get the picture. This is totally OT but every time I see someone post "super sleuth" I start singing that Rick James song...Super Freak with the words super sleuth in there..Im strange, I know!....:biggrin:
Aw, Jaimie, you are more like most of us than you know.

:hums "super sleuth":

This is towards the bottom of the article, apologize if it has been posted already.

Channel 4's Laura Mazzeo and Diane Cho report a large number of federal agents and local police at the Cummings' mobile home late Monday afternoon, but no one would discuss what information prompted the response.

Thank you for the link! I think this statement is very telling!
"We don't have all our questions answered and, obviously, we don't have Haleigh," Hardy said. "We'll interview people as many times as we feel necessary."
People need to realize that when you give a statement to the authorities, the evidence must back up your story!

Thanks, this is the channel I'm talking about.

Also said they will be searching two more areas tomorrow.

GRANNYL:)

OK guys, question:

If this were your child, and you were innocent, what would you be doing right now?

Would you just sit still and let LE do their thing? Would you be insisting that you be involved in searching, maybe go off on your own .. etc.?

I could NOT sit still, even after all these days, ESPECIALLY after all these days!

What about you?

I would be totally nuts by now........sorry, I'd be doing my thing and out searching.....calling etc.......LE would have to lock me up because I could not just sit and wait! I would be hysterical!!!

it could be interpretted that if misty was responsible for the disapearance, then she might have called haleigh her daughter (knowing it was being recorded) so people will think that she thinks of haleigh as her daughter and would never do anything to hurt her.

i see it as just a possibility, though. there are so many things in this case that could be key clues or could be meaningless. it's so hard to decide anything for certain with the limited info we have......

She probably called Haleigh her daughter because it was just easier than having to explain, "I'm not really the mom, I'm the dad's gf and he's separated." Not everything has to be sinister, IMO.

In light of all the good parent/bad parent discussion, I thought you guys might enjoy this. Just my way of attempting to break some of the tension while we wait and pray for answers.

To all the kids who survived the 1940's,50's, 60's ,70's and 80's!!

First,
we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank
while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a
can and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then
after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in
baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on
doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had
baseball caps not helmets on our heads.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no
car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding
in the back of a pick up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We
drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle
and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon. We
drank Kool-aid made with real white sugar. And, we weren't
overweight.

WHY?

Because we were always outside, playing...that ' s why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as
long as we were back when the streetlights came on.
No one was able to reach us all day. And, we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps
and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the
brakes. After running into the bushes a few times,
we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's and X-boxes.
There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's,
no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal
computers, no Internet and no chat rooms

WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there
were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did
not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games
with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it
would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door
or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those
who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was
unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers problem solvers and inventors ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we
learned how to deal with it all.

If YOU are one of us,
CONGRATULATIONS!

I think it probably is true, and I found it odd, too, till I read that she has Turner's syndrome. I read that in this article:

http://www.cbs47.com/mostpopular/st...ings-Wandered-Off/ecfIOIQdpEyY0r9dGW3W-A.cspx

I am no expert, but you can find info on this condition on wikipedia or google. It is a serious condition, and it is something some children are born with. I don't think it is caused by poor prenatal care or by a parent doing drugs during pregnancy (not saying the mother did that, but it was alleged she used drugs some time in the past). It has to do with chromosomes. It can cause a child to be smaller than average and can cause all sorts of problems.

Also, someone posted that the court documents said the mother had missed a lot of Haleigh's doctor appointments. If Haleigh had Turner's syndrome, that's why she had so many appointments, and it would IMO be really bad neglect to not take a child with this condition to the doctor regularly!

I know, I look at those pics and I can't help but believe that this little girl was loved and taken care of. While I know many do not approve of the appearance of their life style, I believe that a childs happiness is indicative of the overall home life. Misty may have her faults, but I think she loved and was good to Ron's kids. IMO of course.

How lonely indeed little JR must be tonight :(

Children can be loved and taken care of...but then in an instant a care-giver who is stressed/angry/emotionally unequipped to deal with their temper just snaps and the child is injured. I've seen it in situations where the kindest, most loving woman has child care in her home, snaps and shakes a baby nearly to death. It's horrible, but sometimes the people who harm children aren't monsters in their every waking moment.

Guys, I meant to add that one of my brothers is a P.I. in Destin FL...so if theres ever anything that he can help with Im sure he would.

LOL! Yes you are.

Hank Thomas Croslin Jr AKA Tommy is Misty's brother. He is married to Lindsy, has 2 sons and a daughter and owns a minivan. He lives on Tyler, around the corner from the Cummings

Timothy Croslin is also Misty's brother. He is married to Chelsea, has 2 young daughters and I have no idea where they live but they have a cute green house (pictured in Chelsea's myspace) somewhere, probably in the general area.

Misty has stated that her brother and nephews came to the home the afternoon of the day that Haleigh went missing for about 30 minutes. It is ASSUMED - by me at least - to be Tommy and sons because a) he is the only brother with sons and b) he lives around the corner.

Man oh man I wish we had a forum...

You're the best! :blowkiss:

Me too!

I noticed in one of the videos that the skirting of the Cummings home was torn away in a large section near the back/side door. Did anyone else notice that? And I have seen no mention of, or video of LE going under that mobile home. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch