FL - Anastasia Gilley, 19, 4-months pregnant, last seen at home, found deceased, Jackson County, 3 May 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BRIEF INTERVIEWS

9TH MAY

REPORTER
- Anastasia Gilley has been missing for 5 days now. She is 19 yrs. old and 4 months pregnant.

We spoke with some of her family members and they tell us this isn't like her. After missing for several days the family of missing Anastasia Gilley is searching for answers.

FAMILY MEMBER - We want her to come home safe.

SHERIFF - We received a call in our communications division, from a father of Anastasia Gilley, that he wanted to file a report that he hadn't seen his daughter in a few days.

REPORTER - Jackson County Sheriff, Donnie Edenfield, says the call came in Friday. The worried father said he had not seen her since Tuesday.

SHERIFF - Another family member took Anastasia to an appointment on Wednesday, uptown somewhere, and that that family member also returned her to her residence, approximately 4-4:30 in the afternoon on Wednesday.

REPORTER - That was the last time she was seen.

FAMILY MEMBER - Never done this before. She wouldn't... this is something she wouldn't do.

REPORTER - Family members say they normally talk to her a lot; multiple times a day.

FAMILY MEMBER - She's a spitfire. She's a social butterfly. All around a good girl.

REPORTER - And as the days go by, they are getting more worried.

FAMILY MEMBER - Angry. I want to be able to... I wanna help her, I wanna find her.

MOM - She's my baby.

REPORTER - Jackson County Sheriff's officials say their entire investigation team is working on the case.

MOM - If anybody out there knows anything... please. And I'm begging you, please, from the bottom of my heart, please contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Department or a family member or even a friend to let somebody know something. If you want to keep it anonymous, that's okay too, just please, somebody, somebody, anybody that knows anything speak up.

Anastasia Gilley, 18, Marianna, Florida: Battery domestic violence: Jackson County Sheriff’s Office.

The following people were booked into the Jackson County jail during the latest available reporting period, July 12-14:
Anastasia Gilley, 18, 3119 Mill Road, Marianna, violation of conditional release (battery—domestic violence).

Reactive domestic violence?
On one of her FB posts she said she'd been to jail.

Anastasia Gilley, 18, Marianna, Florida: Battery domestic violence: Jackson County Sheriff’s Office.

The following people were booked into the Jackson County jail during the latest available reporting period, July 12-14:
Anastasia Gilley, 18, 3119 Mill Road, Marianna, violation of conditional release (battery—domestic violence).

Reactive domestic violence?
So she had to have been pregnant at the time of these events? She lost a child in Nov so 5-6 months prior is May. What a devastating year she’s had. I hope she’s safe and well.

Her last known communication was a text to her best friend who lives in Kentucky around 9 p.m. on Wednesday, said her mother Mary Taylor. Since then, Gilley has reportedly gone “radio silent” and missed a doctor’s appointment and several work shifts at Jim’s Buffet and Grill in Marianna.

“I’m feeling overwhelmed. Scared,” Taylor told WCTV’s Katie Kaplan. “I’m almost speechless because this is out of character.”

Taylor, who adopted Gilley at 6 years old, said she is worried sick. Especially after one of Gilley’s neighbors reported hearing a shrill scream the night Gilley went missing, she said.

“She’s 4-foot-11 and acts 10 feet tall and bulletproof, but this is a big world for her,” Taylor added. “This is a big world and we want Anastasia home safe. We have another grandbaby on the way and we want them home safe.”

Taylor said she believes foul play may be involved, that Gilley’s boss reported she had recently been threatened by another employee and that investigators have told her they are “following leads.”

JCSO spokesperson Ramsey Romero declined to provide details on the investigation on Tuesday but told WCTV that every investigator available is working the case round the clock.

Delaney, who was married to Gilley’s biological mother, said he drove to Gilley’s home on Friday after learning friends and family could not get a hold of her. He said law enforcement asked him to do a visual inspection of the home. Inside he did not find any signs of a struggle and noticed that all of Giley’s clothes and belongings were there.

However, he did notice Gilley’s cats were running about the house and said he saw something that alarmed him.

“It was kind of troubling because none of the cat food bowls had cat food,” he said. “They didn’t have any water. So (SIC) whenever this occurred, it was a couple of days.”

JCSO investigators inspected Gilley’s home on Sunday and left with evidence bags, said Taylor.

According to Gilley’s family, her boyfriend is not a person of interest as he has an iron-clad alibi.

19-year-old Anastasia Gilley has not been seen or heard from since last Wednesday night (May...

Her last known communication was a text to her best friend who lives in Kentucky around 9 p.m. on Wednesday, said her mother Mary Taylor. Since then, Gilley has reportedly gone “radio silent” and missed a doctor’s appointment and several work shifts at Jim’s Buffet and Grill in Marianna.

“I’m feeling overwhelmed. Scared,” Taylor told WCTV’s Katie Kaplan. “I’m almost speechless because this is out of character.”

Taylor, who adopted Gilley at 6 years old, said she is worried sick. Especially after one of Gilley’s neighbors reported hearing a shrill scream the night Gilley went missing, she said.

Taylor said she believes foul play may be involved, that Gilley’s boss reported she had recently been threatened by another employee and that investigators have told her they are “following leads.”

The family is now planning a ground search near Gilley’s home on Whispering Pines in Greenwood. Since the surrounding area is rural and vast, they are hoping members of the public will volunteer to be a part of the search part.

*so very sad

*eta: May 6, 2023 *interesting arrest:

Last edited:

*so very sad

*eta: May 6, 2023 *interesting arrest:
So, in the obit. the person named on the petition is now deceased, or is it someone else with the same name?

Obit is for deceased infant. Anastasia’s daughter. Born died same day. Stillborn?
I knew I should have been more specific but I was trying to be subtle (not my strong suit!).

There's a paragraph in the obit. where it says who the little girl was pre-deceased by.

I knew I should have been more specific but I was trying to be subtle (not my strong suit!).

There's a paragraph in the obit. where it says who the little girl was pre-deceased by.
Oh, oh oh oh, it’s early. Coffee brewing… that person is also listed here for arrest on 2/27/2023: Aggravated battery on a pregnant victim- domestic violence
*interesting to add this man she had a deceased baby by…

Oh, oh oh oh, it’s early. Coffee brewing… that person is also listed here for arrest on 2/27/2023: Aggravated battery on a pregnant victim- domestic violence
*interesting to add this man she had a deceased baby by…
Hmmm yet he has an 'iron-clad alibi' even though they're not sure the exact time she went missing.

What is going on here??

ETA: Ignore 1st part. He does have an iron-clad alibi.

Last edited:
Mary Taylor, who was once Gilley’s formal guardian, said that she sent a text message to her best friend in Kentucky around 9 p.m. on Wednesday.

“She’s only 4-foot-11 and acts like she’s 10 feet tall and bulletproof, but this is a big world for her,” Taylor said. “The world is big, and we want Anastasia to get back home safely. We are expecting another grandchild, and we want them to get home safely.”

Taylor said she thinks there may have been foul play because Gilley’s boss told her that she had been threatened by another worker recently and detectives told her they are “following leads.”

“Please let us know if you’ve seen her. Help her get home. “Let her go if you have her,” begged Gilley’s dad, James Delaney. “We don’t know what’s going on, but she didn’t leave.”

Delaney was married to Gilley’s real mother, and he said he went to Gilley’s house on Friday when he heard that her friends and family couldn’t reach her.

1683714305898-jpeg.421221

1683715212428.jpeg

Attachments

• 1683714305898.jpeg
    1683714305898.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Seems like she was surrounded by a bit of chaos, with the previous loss of a child, but now pregnant, but the various domestic violence incidents, and working with a co-worker that is threatening...? So much stuff to sort out....

Seems like she was surrounded by a bit of chaos, with the previous loss of a child, but now pregnant, but the various domestic violence incidents, and working with a co-worker that is threatening...? So much stuff to sort out....
It's a tangled web for sure!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back