FL FL - Andrew Caballeiro, 8 days, missing after 3 women killed, Miami, 28 Jan 2020 *father found dead*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Miami-Dade Police on Twitter
Help us find baby Andrew Caballeiro. Anyone with information on his whereabouts and/or information on the triple homicide is requested to IMMEDIATELY call 9-1-1 or @CrimeStopper305 at (305) 471-8477. #FindBabyAndrew

EPjAtYxWAAU88xt.jpg

12:46 PM - 30 Jan 2020
  • According to this flyer, Andrew is 12 days old.

So anywhere between the house and where his dead body was found - hate to say this but did they thoroughly search the surrounding area ? He could have killed the baby there then shot himself ? jmo
If he was going to kill the babe, he would have done it when he killed the others. The babe is either with someone (likely a relative), or he abandoned him somewhere. I hope it is the former.

keep praying!

amateur opinion and speculation

It's been mentioned he was seen on surveillance with the weapon and the newborn, but was he carrying the baby in a seat or carrier at that time? Was there still a seat at the house, if there wasn't one at the house or the van, that makes things a little more hopeful. I don't think he willingly killed the baby, I hope he's just being hidden, but why bother doing that now?

It's been mentioned he was seen on surveillance with the weapon and the newborn, but was he carrying the baby in a seat or carrier at that time? Was there still a seat at the house, if there wasn't one at the house or the van, that makes things a little more hopeful. I don't think he willingly killed the baby, I hope he's just being hidden, but why bother doing that now?
I don't know if there was a car seat at the house but there wasn't one in the van when they found it. MOO

They need to check all the traffic cameras between the apartment and I-75. I suspect he dropped the baby off with someone before he left town. Check all the dumpsters nearby, check anyone who was expecting a baby, and all his relatives, close friends, coworkers, employees.

LE needs to put a call out for people to review their dash cams, Ring doorbell footage and tourists & teens who randomly video stuff. Somebody saw something and they probably don't even realize it.

They need to check all the traffic cameras between the apartment and I-75. I suspect he dropped the baby off with someone before he left town. Check all the dumpsters nearby, check anyone who was expecting a baby, and all his relatives, close friends, coworkers, employees.

LE needs to put a call out for people to review their dash cams, Ring doorbell footage and tourists & teens who randomly video stuff. Somebody saw something and they probably don't even realize it.
Excellent post! Yes, yes, yes to all!

Oh my goodness - precious video of Baby Andrew at the link!

Christian De La Rosa on Twitter
The search continues for this newborn. Police say baby Andrew was kidnapped from his home by his father, Ernesto Caballeiro, accused of murdering the infant’s mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. Loved ones hope someone has him, returns him, no Q’s asked @WPLGLocal10
10:05 PM - 30 Jan 2020

Oh my goodness - precious video of Baby Andrew at the link!

Christian De La Rosa on Twitter
The search continues for this newborn. Police say baby Andrew was kidnapped from his home by his father, Ernesto Caballeiro, accused of murdering the infant’s mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. Loved ones hope someone has him, returns him, no Q’s asked @WPLGLocal10
10:05 PM - 30 Jan 2020

Such a gorgeous little boy. Please be safe, baby!!!

JAN 30, 2020
SW Miami Infant Andrew Caballeiro Still Missing; Father Suspected Of Killing 3 Women
[...]

Melchor Izquierdo, the boyfriend of the aunt of the mother, told CBS4’s Peter D’Oench, “We do appreciate the work of the police and what everyone is doing to reach out to the public, but if anyone has possession of Andrew (Caballeiro) please turn him in. We are not going to press charges. He is all we have. This is very sad. Everyone here is heartbroken. We are just asking that whoever has Andrew leave him somewhere like a fire department.”

[...]

“This man was 49,” he said. “He never had a baby before. I don’t know why he did this. This man, instead of being happy about having a son, he does this crazy thing. I do know that she considered having an abortion. She wasn’t even married to him. They had a rocky relationship but she had the baby. She didn’t want God to punish her and didn’t want to disappoint her 9-year-old daughter.”

[...]

Reyna Valdes, the aunt of the mother, told D’Oench, “The message we give the public is to know who you are involved with. This is very important. We hope the kid is alive and we hope someone will take care of him and will leave him in a place where we can pick him up. She did not want to have a relationship with him. She knew she did not want to have a relationship with him.”

[...]

There is no logic to the insane, or rational thinking, but I hope he had mercy on the baby. He was out of his mind to kill 3 women, but thought to take the baby alive. He was out of his mind when he killed himself too. But I hope he dropped the baby off somewhere, maybe hoping he would be found, but now I don't think he could survive the cold and no fluids. Such a sad chain of events for all.

JAN 31, 2020
Newborn still missing in Florida after family’s slaying, father’s apparent suicide
The search continues for a week-old baby from Miami.

[...]

“If anyone has possession of Andrew ... turn him in and we are not going to press charges. It’s all we got left,” said family member Melchor Izquierdo.

[...]

Records show Caballeiro had prior arrests for grand theft, operating a chop shop and aggravated assault.

Sounds like neither of them wanted this little tyke. How sad. Maybe they did DNA on Andrew in the hospital. That would prove paternity. A lab paternity test takes days. Was this man really the father? Could this be what tipped him over the edge?

“This man was 49,” he said. “He never had a baby before. I don’t know why he did this. This man, instead of being happy about having a son, he does this crazy thing. I do know that she considered having an abortion. She wasn’t even married to him. They had a rocky relationship but she had the baby. She didn’t want God to punish her and didn’t want to disappoint her 9-year-old daughter.”

Pasco Sheriff's Office
Pasco Sheriff's Office
27 mins ·
Relating to the deceased subject in Blanton: Below are pictures of the suspect’s van. If you have seen this vehicle in the last 36 hours, please immediately call your local law enforcement. The van has specific damage and stickers to help identify it.
Again, the suspect is deceased however, we are trying to gain additional information on the van’s travels.

I don't see any school transportation identification on this van. I hope LE updates their request to the public indicating the lack of vehicle decals/lettering.

JAN 31, 2020
Miami-Dade Police Search Near Everglades for Missing Newborn After Triple Homicide
Authorities extended their search to near the Everglades for a missing newborn from South Florida whose father was found dead in an apparent suicide following a triple murder in southwest Miami-Dade.

Miami-Dade Police were spotted Friday on a watercraft in the middle of a massive investigation for one-week-old Andrew Caballeiro.

[...]

Still no sign of missing newborn as search crews comb Everglades
[...]

Once again, investigators shifted their attention south. Search crews were out in the Everglades Friday, along the route they believe the baby’s father drove, looking for any sign of Andrew.

Back in Miami, the loved ones the newborn has left are holding onto hope.

[...]

Still no sign of missing newborn as search crews comb Everglades

Last edited:
Andrea Martinez on Twitter (Video)
AHEAD AT 6: @MiamiDadePD searching the waterways in the Everglades along State Road 41, for any signs of baby Andrew Caballeiro. I’ll have the latest on the search, only on @nbc6
5:42 PM - 31 Jan 2020

Univision 23 Miami on Twitter
Translated fromSpanish by Microsoft
Andrew Caballeiro's family confirmed that the FBI joined the Miami-Dade police investigation to find the newborn's whereabouts.
5:55 PM - Jan 31, 2020

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87
Back