Found Deceased FL - Ashley Brown, 29, Jacksonville, 24 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm so sorry for Ashley's family especially her kids. :(

I'm also confused. The St. Johns River flows South to North.
Ashley's body was found south of the Mathews Bridge. If she jumped from the bridge shouldn't she have been found north of the bridge? Am I missing something or reading the map wrong or did Google give me the wrong bridge? Or did someone else play a part in her disappearance?

Attachments

• jax map.jpg
    jax map.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 54
I'm in Australia and have just woken up to this very sad news :(
My heart goes out to Ashley's family and friends at what must be such an unbearable and deeply distressing time..
Rest peacefully now Ashley :rose:

I work in a veterinary clinic in Jacksonville. One of the K9 officers that was part of her search team his K9 in today for surgery. From what he said, she was recovered very close to the bridge, her body stopped from moving much because of the bulkhead. Maxwell House (she was found right in front of it) is very close to bridge. Has been ruled a suicide although possible not officially. From what he said they were pretty sure of that from the very beginning. Not sure as to why. Very sad. RIP Ashley.

I work in a veterinary clinic in Jacksonville. One of the K9 officers that was part of her search team his K9 in today for surgery. From what he said, she was recovered very close to the bridge, her body stopped from moving much because of the bulkhead. Maxwell House (she was found right in front of it) is very close to bridge. Has been ruled a suicide although possible not officially. From what he said they were pretty sure of that from the very beginning. Not sure as to why. Very sad. RIP Ashley.

I wonder if they could use tide data to help determine more exactly when she went in the water? Not worth the effort if the are relatively sure it was suicide.

I hate to think of her family and friends, driving over the river on the Matthews and Hart bridges knowing her body was there.

Very sad. Now the question becomes suicide or murder.

Sounds like suicide to me... She left the car running with the hazard lights on because even in her despair, she didn't want to cause an accident that would hurt anyone else. And maybe she realised her car would be found and LE would realise what had happened and would be able to give her family closure.

She might have been thinking of suicide for a while, but just impulsively decided to do it then and there. Hence not leaving any notes or cancelling plans or anything. I wonder if she got a message on her phone that was the final straw, and threw it down on the road before going to sit on the barrier of the bridge.

She might have sat on the barrier for a few minutes, not knowing if she was really going to do it or change her mind. Then she decided.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...t-jump-of-bridge-pleads-for-answers/357768643

She was headed to Brunswick.

ETA:

I saw it reported she lived on 4th Avenue. Can't figure out why she'd be Eastbound on the Matthews Bridge if she was trying to get to Georgia.

Maybe Ashley had already crossed the bridge heading to Brunswick then some activity on her phone pushed her to the limit and in distress turned her car around and purposely drove back to the bridge heading eastbound and stopped her car.

Maybe Ashley had already crossed the bridge heading to Brunswick then some activity on her phone pushed her to the limit and in distress turned her car around and purposely drove back to the bridge heading eastbound and stopped her car.

Or, she may not have actually headed to Brunswick. If she left her home and headed directly to the Matthews Bridge she would have been going Eastbound on it.

If she was actually headed to Brunswick, she shouldn't have been within several miles of the Matthews Bridge.

ETA: I'm guessing she was so stressed she didn't head to Brunswick.

RIP, Ashley. What a beautiful woman you were. Keeping her and her family -her children, especially- in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

The timing makes me wonder if she had been particularly distressed with the holidays coming up ... :(.

That would make sense with the smashed phone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Will a coroner's investigative report automatically be carried out into the circumstances surrounding Ashley's death?
I'm not sure how it works there, but I think it needs to be done considering.

http://www.fox30jax.com/news/local/...onville-mom-found-in-st-johns-river/471854685

Friends and family gathered at Friendship Fountain Wednesday night to remember a young mother whose body was found in the St. Johns River.
Ashley Brown's car was found, its engine still running, on the Mathews Bridge last week. On Tuesday, her family confirmed her body was found.
Brown, 29, was last seen on Thanksgiving. The mother of two was a nursing student and worked at a nursing home.
Family members said even though her body was found, they don't have complete closure because they don't know what happened to Brown. The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said no foul play is suspected in Brown's death.
STORY: Jacksonville police discover troubling clue on Mathews Bridge railing after woman disappears
Loved ones mourning Brown's death on Wednesday night held candles and balloons.
"This is a representation of Jacksonville stepping up, because without everyone getting involved and getting Ashley's information out there, we would not have this response and it was crucial when you have a missing person to have the love and support of the city," said Brown's cousin Chimere Gibson.
Gibson said Brown's funeral will be Saturday, Dec. 10, at 1:30 p.m. Visitation will be Friday, Dec. 9, from 5 to 7 p.m. at T.S. Warden, 4315 N. Main St., Jacksonville.

I know everyone is leaning toward suicide here. But why did she text her sister asking her to leave the door unlocked because she was going to visit if she was really just on her way to kill herself at the bridge?

Edit: a source for my text reference:

Ashley Brown, 29, had planned to meet a man she had contacted online on Thanksgiving morning, family members say. Brown texted her sister at 5:40 A.M. and told her to leave the door unlocked because she was coming by, but she never showed up.

http://crimefeed.com/2016/11/body-ashley-brown-florida-woman-disappeared-thanksgiving-day-found/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know everyone is leaning toward suicide here. But why did she text her sister asking her to leave the door unlocked because she was going to visit if she was really just on her way to kill herself at the bridge?

Edit: a source for my text reference:

http://crimefeed.com/2016/11/body-ashley-brown-florida-woman-disappeared-thanksgiving-day-found/

Suicides aren't always planned. Suicide can also be a very last-minute and in-the-moment decision.

Suicides aren't always planned. Suicide can also be a very last-minute and in-the-moment decision.

You're right. I just don't see anything that pushes me toward this being suicide when there's a man she met online whom she intended to meet in person the morning she disappeared.

My opinion right now is that she met him and he killed her and did what he could to make it look like a suicide.

The mother of Ashley Brown, there 29-year-old missing since Thanksgiving, says her daughter would not have jumped from the Mathews Bridge, but a police report reveals a disturbing new detail about what investigators found on that bridge.

attachment.php

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...n-after-car-found-running-on-bridge/470798673

Police say they searched Brown's car and found her wallet that contained her driver's license. According to a police report, Brown's mother told officer's that her daughter had been depressed lately and possibly on drugs.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...ar-abandoned-on-the-matthews-bridge/356836681

Ashley's mom calls it her worst nightmare and tells us all her daughter's personal items were still in the car except for her phone, which was found near the trunk.

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/family-no-ones-seen-missing-woman-thanksgiving-mor/ntFZT/

Top URL contains this:

Darlene Green, Brown’s mother, says she had recently argued with her daughter about meeting up with men online. Green says a Brunswick man that Brown met on dating website/app Plenty of Fish called her after seeing Facebook posts that Brown had disappeared.

“He called me. He thought Ashley had stood him up,” Green said.

This behavior is suspicious. Maybe it's nothing but on the other hand it sounds like an attempt to form an alibi and also a classic action of certain types of killers prone to contacting victims' families after the murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ummm yeah it's weird that he called.. gives me bad vibes

Top URL contains this:

This behavior is suspicious. Maybe it's nothing but on the other hand it sounds like an attempt to form an alibi and also a classic action of certain types of killers prone to contacting victims' families after the murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused as to why he chose to contact only Darlene and not the police, under the circumstances.
He obviously knew he'd be under the microscope.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pdxtrumpet1926
Back